Xbox 360 Preorders (Amazon/TRU, Costco, EB, GameRush, GameStop, Ritz, Sams, Walmart)

Xbox 360 Core System Starter Bundle
Xbox 360 Core System
Wired Controller
Madden NFL 06
$399.97

Xbox 360 Core System Sports Bundle DOUBLE POINTS
Xbox 360 Core System
Wired Controller
64 MB Memory Unit
Madden NFL 06
Project Gotham Racing 3
$489.95

Xbox 360 Starter Bundle
Xbox 360
Wireless Controller
Madden NFL 06
$509.97

Xbox 360 Sports Bundle DOUBLE POINTS
Xbox 360
Wireless Controller
Play & Charge Kit
Madden NFL 06
Project Gotham Racing 3
$579.95

no in-store pickup, base shipping $19.95.

Stupid bundle in my opinion, I don't want madden at all. I don't feel like paying to beta test for Madden 07

Best Buy Customer,
Thank you for contacting Best Buy about the Xbox 360. This message was
automatically generated in an attempt to answer your question as quickly
as possible.
If you are emailing us in regard to the Xbox 360 preorder, due to
limited supply this preorder is no longer available. This product will
however be available in limited quantities at our retail store locations
on Nov. 22nd 2005. If this does not fully answer your question or
address your issue, please reply back to this message with additional
information, and a Best Buy Customer Care Representative will respond as
soon as possible. We look forward to your next visit to one of our
stores or to www.BestBuy.com.

Sincerely,
Best Buy Customer Care Team

[quote name='Indonesia']As I know TRU B&M doesn't take pre-order.[/QUOTE]

TRU is taking pre-orders. Mine, in Newark, Ohio, is only getting 4 premium systems in and I was on the list. TRU even has the cards made up for both of the bundles they are offering, you know like you do for reserving games. One is 610.00 and the other is 770. I posted somewhere in the 360 threads what comes with each bundle.

Regarding the EB preorders- I talked to someone on XBL who was faced with the same "Sorry, you're fucked" situation. He said he called corporate and the store and between those two phone calls (and since he is a regular) they bumped him up to first shipment.

Xbox 360 Starter Bundle
Xbox 360
Wireless Controller
Madden NFL 06
$509.97

that means you pay 55 for Madden and 55 for a second wireless controller?????
plus 20 shipping
that fucking sux
there better be a place that will sell the 400 system on the 22nd at midnight or in the morning

[quote name='cag1000']Xbox 360 Starter Bundle
Xbox 360
Wireless Controller
Madden NFL 06
$509.97

that means you pay 55 for Madden and 55 for a second wireless controller?????
plus 20 shipping
that fucking sux
there better be a place that will sell the 400 system on the 22nd at midnight or in the morning[/QUOTE]

Um, no, you pay $50 for the controller and $60 for Madden, which is it's MSRP. No offense, but where the fuck have you been. All 360 titles (other than first party-Kameo, PGR3, PD0) are $60. I was getting $14 shipping, not that I ever got the order to go through. Odd...

[quote name='Pope On A Rope']Regarding the EB preorders- I talked to someone on XBL who was faced with the same "Sorry, you're fucked" situation. He said he called corporate and the store and between those two phone calls (and since he is a regular) they bumped him up to first shipment.[/QUOTE]
Wonderful, so someone else who should be getting one gets fucked because they know the guy. Wonder if that's what happened to me...

[quote name='asianxcore']I'm sorry if it is off-topic. But how do places like EB games get away with selling so many pre-orders for stuff they don't have gurantees for, especially for stuff as unpredictable as system launches. I've just heard too many stories of people who have been screwed out of getting a system they put a lot of money down for, or people who have been shifted to "second" or "third" wave shipments.[/QUOTE]
Because you don't have a binding printed contract stating when you will get your system, so you can't sue them, and so, basically, they can, and do, do whatever the fuck they want. The only thing you can really do is take your business elsewhere, but now they know they are basically the only game in town, so they are only going to get more arrogant.

[quote name='FatBoyInside']I also talked to a BestBuy employee about launch day, and he said roughly the same thing (first come first serve, with doors opening at 8am). He gave a quantity of AT LEAST 300 console systems to be available, but couldn't discern whether or not the systems required bundling (i.e. "sports bundle" from the email).[/QUOTE]

No fucking way Bestbuy is getting 300 systems when the Wal-marts I've talked to are getting 20-40, and they are shipping 1/4 of initial pre-order numbers to GameCrazy, Eb, etc.. That guy is talking out of his ass, unless the store is located in a VERY densely populated area, and even then I'd seriously doubt it.

Do you think that K-MArt will have any at launch?? I used to work at a K-Mart and the Electronics Dept Manager is a good friend of mine. He said that he could hold one for me no matter what time during the day i went to pick it up. The problem is that he does not know if they will get any.

[quote name='anubis20']Do you think that K-MArt will have any at launch?? I used to work at a K-Mart and the Electronics Dept Manager is a good friend of mine. He said that he could hold one for me no matter what time during the day i went to pick it up. The problem is that he does not know if they will get any.[/QUOTE]

Of course, K-Mart will have some. It's just a question of how many.

i think i will try my luck at best buy on the day of the launch, but they have funky holliday hours.

Will best buy be open at midnight on launch day?

you might want to give the best buy near you a call and ask them if they are or are not handling a midnight launch. It might vary by location

I've called every Best Buy in the Indianapolis area and they all said they would NOT be having a midnight launch. As a matter of fact, one Best Buy I went to today, mentioned the fact, that past midnight launches have been pointless.

Ebgames just sent me an email saying that my Dead or Alive 4 will be replaced by Call of Duty 2... Its either you keep it or cancel the whole entire bundle. It also states in the email that if you preordered the Premier bundle before August 30, you will get it on first shipment. Here is the email:

Hello from EBgames.com!

The information contained in this e-mail is very important as it may require an action on your part. Please read carefully.

Dead or Alive 4 has been delayed until December 1, 2005. Because of this we have replaced it with Call of Duty 2 in your bundle. If you have ordered Call of Duty 2 apart from your Xbox 360 bundle and wish to cancel it or wish to cancel your bundle, you can do so by visiting the My Orders section of EBgames.com.

Currently, we anticipate enough inventory at launch to fill all orders for the Ultimate Bundle placed before August 30 and all orders placed for the Core Bundle before October 28. You can check the My Orders section of EBgames.com to verify the day that you placed your order. Pending payment approval, we plan to ship orders from this first shipment on Monday, November 21, at the shipping service level you selected. We do not have firm information on subsequent shipments at this time and will ship future orders as inventory becomes available.

We will begin processing payments for all orders that fall into our first shipment on November 18. Your credit card will be billed for the full amount of your order. Please ensure that funds are available and the billing address you provided matches what your credit card company has on file, otherwise we cannot process your order and you may risk losing your place in line. If we require additional information to process your payment, you will have 24 hours to respond. If we do not hear back within 24 hours, you will lose your place in line. If your order falls in the first shipment range, please check your e-mail on November 19 in case we need to communicate with you regarding payment processing.

Supplies of the Xbox 360 are extremely limited. All of the information above is based on our best information as of November 9th. Release dates and/or the amount of orders we are able to ship at launch are subject to change and we can not guarantee timing or availability. In addition, if you have placed multiple orders for Xbox 360 via our stores and online, it is very likely that we will not be fulfilling all of the orders at the same time due to the limited supply.

If you have any questions, you can reply to this e-mail. E-mails usually receive a response within 24-48 hours.

Best Regards,

EBgames.com

D'oh! Turns out my dad got the core starter bundle from Bestbuy.com. Ah well, I'll just stick with it and get the other pieces at launch. At this point, I'd rather have something than nothing. ;)

Just went to my local Best Buy in Orem, Utah. They said they are getting 24 of the Premium Xbox 360 machines, and 6 of the core ones.

They are planning on doing a Midnight launch event, and aren't doing any pre-orders or reseverations of systems at all.

They had place holders up for the Xbox 360 games, but didn't have any actual games or accessories out yet.

not backordered....

just recived this email:

"Dear Best Buy Customer,

Thank you for your pre-order of the Xbox 360 package on BestBuy.com.

During the processing of your order, you will receive a backorder email. Please disregard this email. Your pre-order is processing as normal and will ship on or around the release date of November 22nd.

Your credit card has not been billed for this item and will be charged when the product ships.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and look forward to your next visit to one of our stores or to www.BestBuy.com.

Thank you for your loyalty,
The Customer Care Team

You are receiving this e-mail so we can send you this order information. If you have opted out of e-mail marketing communications from Best Buy, we will continue to honor your opt-out request. For more information, call 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289). "

SWEET!!!!!!

My Walmart is getting 6 premium and 2 core sysems, Gamecrazy is getting 36, and Gamestop is getting 16 (Lucky me I'm 17 on the list). Since when did Gamecrazy get so many??

I hadn't looked through the rest of the thread, but I checked my Costco Computer inventory today and found that we'll be getting xbox360 bundle at $479 on the 18th, though they won't be able to be sold till the 22nd of course. As well, we're getting 24 of them. Not only that, but the bundle usually comes with a game and an extra controller.

Just got the Walmart Insert in the mail today and it says that midnight launches at your local walmart will be going on. This sounds like for all stores everywhere.
The Insert shows the 299 and 399 systems so no bundles which is sweet.
Dude just posted saying his walmart will only get 6 xboxs sounds really low to me.

Have a family friend that could maybe hold one for me at walmart, plus get 10% off. Or to get it at costco with the excellent return policy.

360 game guides. Cheaper than you can find them at most places.

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: Prima Official Game Guide $12.77
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/prod...920&path=0:3920:18762:18807:18821:18827:21508

Dead or Alive 4: Prima Official Game Guide $10.86
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/prod...920&path=0:3920:18762:18807:18821:18827:21508

Frame City Killer(tm) Official Strategy Guide $10.22

Gun Official Strategy Guide $10.22

Quake 4 (Xbox 360): Prima Official Game Guide $12.77

King Kong Official Strategy Guide $10.22

Perfect Dark Zero $15.02

Condemned: Criminal Origins: Prima Official Game Guide $14.44

I just spoke with a BB employee who told me that they should have the majority of the 360 launch titles available for purchase by the 17th. But he told me he wasn't sure and that I should call them later this week to find out for sure.

[quote name='KongaKing']What the hell that isn't fair for the rest of us who prebought elsewhere[/QUOTE]

Once one place breaks street date others near by can break street date without being penalized right?

[quote name='spoo']Once one place breaks street date others near by can break street date without being penalized right?[/QUOTE]

I sure as hell hope so. I'll call my eb tomorrow

No. If one company breaks street date, everybody else must still honor it, or they will be fined as well.

CC will NOT break Street Date. I am sure they will last min release a oops we goofed the date is FRIDAY after the launch... they are too large of a company to avoid getting fined by Micr$oft

GameStop changed my order!

I had Oblivion and DOA 4 in my bundle and they replaced it with Gun and Condemned!

While these might be good games, that's un cool.

[quote name='doubledown']Ummm, do people realize that CC is ONLINE only and NOT in-store on 11/18????[/QUOTE]

Yeap.... Order Friday 11/18, shipped Monday 11/21 Overnight, you get it 11/22 WOW CC broke the street date, just a way to hustle more people in

[quote name='anubis20']Yeap.... Order Friday 11/18, shipped Monday 11/21 Overnight, you get it 11/22 WOW CC broke the street date, just a way to hustle more people in[/QUOTE]

i wonder if online sites can get around breaking street dates if they ship the package ARRIVES on the street date?

[quote name='dracula']i wonder if online sites can get around breaking street dates if they ship the package ARRIVES on the street date?[/QUOTE]

I think they can. Technically the didn't break the street date this way.

For anyone wondering about status of Walmart.com pre-orders, someone posted this over at FatWallet:

I work at WalMart.com and can confirm that those email regarding the delayed accessories and games are in fact an error. We started to drop orders today so I would venture to say that almost everybody who purchase their bundle through WalMart.com will get their system by the 22nd.

Here's a little tidbit for fellow fatwalleters out there, we will make available more 360 bundles in or around the launch of the 360 from some inventory that we held in reserve.
This is also confirmed by a poster at Xbox.com who contacted support and got verification that orders are already beginning to be packaged. So there's nothing to worry about.

If you've preordered from Gamerush, brace yourselves for the phone call. The store I got mine at only has 6 Pro and 2 core systems coming in. I'm luckily 6th, but I was talking to number 7 on the list and he was none too happy. The calls are going out from this store tomorrow to ask everybody if they want the Pro or switch to the Core. He said they are also calling the not so lucky ones on the list to tell them that they don't have a system for them.

Here in my area of Minnesota, I received the dreaded call from EB Games today. Even though I placed my preorder on August 29, the store manager is estimating that my unit will arrive in the third shipment to the store, perhaps by the end of December or in early January. The reason I was given for the delay was a cut in shipped quantity from Microsoft, which I was told would affect all retailers, not just EB Games. "None too happy" is an understatement for my mood this evening...

Found out last night that my EB is getting 16 of the 400 dollar xboxs, and I am 15 on the list. Now I can just hold out hope that the number doesn't get cut between yesterday and the 22nd.

[quote name='clueless']wow that sucks! well 2 PM I guess you can try to online Circuit City Lotto :(

http://www.joystiq.com/entry/1234000177067878/

Circuit City will begin selling a limited supply of Xbox 360 bundles on www.circuitcity.com beginning 2 p.m. Friday, Nov. 18, 2005. These units will ship on 11/21/2005; customers who opt to pay extra for next-day delivery can do so to get their Xbox in their homes on 11/22/2005[/QUOTE]

That's certainly a thought, clueless. However, considering that the "Premium System" will retail for $400, and that the lowest-priced Premium package available through CC is priced at nearly $600 (probably more than that, after taxes and shipping), I'm not sure that I'll be pursuing that option. The extra controller, remote, and games PGR3/NFS:MW are not things that I would normally be purchasing on launch day, so I have a tough time justifying purchasing them now.

Guess I'll probably be considering standing in line at a Wal Mart or Target store on Monday night / Tuesday morning.

bread's done
Back