Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

Er, what? Why?
From the email -

Thank you for shopping at Microsoft Store. Unfortunately, your order was cancelled due to your payment method not being authorized, or our receiving incorrect payment information. If you believe this cancellation was in error and you would like to re-place your order, please contact your financial institution, and notify them you will be resubmitting your order, or try again using a different credit card to place your order.

I literally just used the card on Amazon with no issues. I'm sure I'll just be able to resubmit....yeah right Microsoft Store.

I am still on the fence with my Day One preorder.  I am getting a new TV as well and only have enough Amazon credit for one of the purchases, trying to decide if its worth it to get the TV I want for $350ish at Target and pay the X1 in credit or get the TV with Amazon credit and hold off on the X1.  I just got my PS4 as well, and the only X1 launch game I'm interested in is Forza.  

I haven't been able to buy anything from Microsoft Store since 2011 because it won't accept my card. I still hate that I wasn't able to get Forza Horizon last Black Friday for $15. My card works everywhere else though.
That is the thing though, they put a small charge on it when I place the preorder! They are supposed to call me in the next few minutes. Hopefully order will be restored to my world :D

To answer a question from earlier:

My copy of COD Ghosts I just purchased from Gamestop had a Freefall map code inside the box, I did not preorder and it does not have any sort of special branding. Just a normal looking COD Ghosts case. Also 7 free days of XBL if that matters at all.

I also picked up a controller today since I could not wait any longer to hold it, I love it so far the grip on it is perfect for my hands but that could be a huge matter of opinion.

YrGf1kG.jpg

The XBONE?
No, what he is saying is nobody here wanted the defective debacle the ps4 is turning into. Many of the few people who got EARLY consoles were reporting that they were breaking/bricking. The .4% that sony estimated is an underestimate, but yeah anyone who preordered a PS4 in this thread... they already have a damn Xbox One preordered... HECK, I have TWO (was just doubling my bets as I did 1 at BB and 1 at GS) but still regardless, stick it in your trade thread and get out of the preorder threads, nobody's biting at the hook...

To answer a question from earlier:

My copy of COD Ghosts I just purchased from Gamestop had a Freefall map code inside the box, I did not preorder and it does not have any sort of special branding. Just a normal looking COD Ghosts case. Also 7 free days of XBL if that matters at all.

I also picked up a controller today since I could not wait any longer to hold it, I love it so far the grip on it is perfect for my hands but that could be a huge matter of opinion.

YrGf1kG.jpg
Is XBOX ONE texture raised on the game case?

Honestly this is going to sound really stupid but for me its probably a bigger...annoyance(?) then for the average person because I'm a lefty...the way it has always been done has always been fine for me since i would hold the case open with my right hand and use my left to get the disk out. So maybe on average it will take me a extra 2 secs to get a disk out but im not considering that a flaw, just a "Hmm, wonder why they decided on that" kind of thought.

Now on the other hand, i just looked inside the case and notice this:

ZJDXlv9.jpg

If you can see it above and below the disk this little raised plastic part prevents you from taking out the disk without actually trying by pushing down the center ring and lifting it with your thumb or whatever from the side. This is to probably stop people from just ripping the disk out and damaging the center circle of it.

Also one other thought  might of lied about the freefall map, I just checked the back and it does clearly say "FREEFALL BONUS MAP INCLUDED" but im sure all copies will have it for the first few weeks or longer If i had to guess.

WikDftA.jpg

[quote name="Mako1215" post="11243270" timestamp="1384559462"]

I don't trust IE. Never have never will.

IE has improved quite a bit. Still not as good as chrome but its not that far behind. SkyDrive and Outlook.com are way better than google docs and Gmail though.
Outlook has quickly become my favorite email service.

Got my PS4 and now I'm all the more excited for next Friday and the Xbox One. I can't believe it's finally almost here.

That left thing is still just kinda dumb, change for being change. It's probably not necessarily going to bother a lot of people but they will all probably think "why would they change that"? Also, I kinda hope a chatpad comes out soonish for the controller since I've left mine on the 360 controller since I got it and have actually got used to how it feels with it on.

Pretty sure the only people bringing up PS4 are the Xbox fanboys.
Im no xbox fanboy, I bring it up because its on my mind been watching tons of coverage today. Im kinda angry at myself for not being able to afford both right now. I got my ps3 the day it released. But being able to only get one system right now, it was hard having to pick one or the other. The $100 price diffrence really had me leaning toward PS4 first. Some of the stuff ive seen tho just makes me glade i choose the X1 for my first purchase. That could change once i actually get the system, i could be wishing i choose the other. >.<

Had to use a different credit card (again, I literally just used this thing) but I'm back in business. Day One w/ release day shipping. Almost had a heart attack ;)

So just to be clear, will all consoles shipped on launch day be 'Day One' or will there also be standard consoles with 'Day One' editions solely for preorders? And what's up with the 'Day One' game editions?
I completly forgot about the whole day one edition stuff. Seems like MS really hyped up the day on edition stuff and now havent even talked about it lately.

Side note about the Freefall map..

If you own Ghosts on 360 and had the Freefall map, it will automatically be with your Xbox One game too.

Is the X1 controller slightly bigger? Seems so, but it could just be the angle.
Here is the two side by side:

Az6dSGQ.jpg

I would say they are roughly the same size and weight to be honest but to me, without the battery pack coming out the back and the new shape of the handles where you grip it the X1 controller feels way better to hold.

Also a back shot, because i'm too excited.

whhrDlO.jpg

Someone help me out for the games.

For sure: CoD, 2k, Madden

On the fence: Battlefield 4

Ehh: FIFA 14. I might wait for a sale so I could upgrade it, but I really only play FIFA with friends.

I'm on the fence with BF4 but the 32v32 is really intriguing. 

D-pad looks better (how could it not?)  Sticks look worse.  I still think the 360 controller is pretty much perfection, and almost wish they hadn't altered it at all, except to fix the d-pad.

Ehh: FIFA 14. I might wait for a sale so I could upgrade it, but I really only play FIFA with friends.

Depends on your situation. Have you ever played BF4 with 64 players? It's pretty intense. FIFA is supposed to be good, but just like Madden, it's just a slight visual upgrade from the current-gen and nothing more.

I'm all in on NBA 2K, CoD, BF4, Forza and Madden (friends pushing me to get it). However, I intend to spend the majority of my time in NBA. The visuals make me moist. /drool

BF4 is getting great reviews but the question I would ask is, with the other 3 (maybe 4 if you get fifa) games that you already want will you really have the time for another MP shooter?

I had to ask this same question to myself and decided that No, between NFS Rivals, COD, and Deadrising I will be plenty busy.

Thanks for the comparison pics! I'm excited to try it out.

Have you read the Madden reviews? Doesn't look like a good purchase if you already have it for 360/PS3. I'm going with Forza, DR3, and BF4. I really want NBA 2k14 so if Amazon doesn't have some kind of deal I may swap BF4 out for 2k.

What about NFS Rivals?

Depends on your situation. Have you ever played BF4 with 64 players? It's pretty intense. FIFA is supposed to be good, but just like Madden, it's just a slight visual upgrade from the current-gen and nothing more.

I'm all in on NBA 2K, CoD, BF4, Forza and Madden (friends pushing me to get it). However, I intend to spend the majority of my time in NBA. The visuals make me moist. /drool
yesss, I was considering NFS, as well--looks tempting. I think I may go with BF4. The 32v32 looks like it'll be crazy.

My exact thoughts on FIFA--just like Madden and from the camera angle, you can't really tell that it's next-gen. Well you can, but it's nothing too major in my eyes.

Edit: Yeah, I saw the Madden reviews & video, it's basically the same EXACT game w/ graphic updates. I'll be doing that since I have an upgrade coupon and I use Madden for leagues.

I think 2k is a MUST. It's a fun game to begin with and all the extras are ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, I'm just sitting here with my cat and I decided to take a picture of her:

4610889786_6ef81f23f6_z.jpg

We're just hanging out and waiting for the glorious Xbox One to arrive at my house.  It's the one thing in my life, besides my wonderful cat, that I have to live for so this will be a huge day for me.  I can't wait!  I wish these Sony trolls would leave us alone though.  Just because they have a crappy, broken, no games, no features system, they need to come in here?  Dumb fanboys.

I donno how it would stay 100 on 360 tho, since it uses the same list, wouldnt going back to the 360 and logging in confuse it?
I honestly don't know either, just something I read about how it sticks to 100 on the 360, here's the quote.

“You see your friends on both systems,” he continued, “including their rich presence. My friends that are still on Xbox 360, for example, might see that I’m on Xbox One, playing Ryse. Since I can have more than 100 friends on Xbox One, if I go back to Xbox 360 and I have more than 100 friends, it will only show me the subset of my friends who are friends with me on Xbox 360.”

Source: http://www.vg247.com/2013/08/13/xbox-one-friends-list-includes-xbox-360-no-cross-console-chat/

damn. See that is why I want BF4...32 v 32 seems insane. I've never had good luck with 2k games online and don't end up playing much of my franchises.

Good to see you in here Blockbuster!

No, the disk is not blue at all, its actually more like the Xbox 360 disk color...maybe slightly darker.

The top disk is HALO 4 (360) and the bottom one is COD ghosts (X1)
06T93WE.jpg
Interesting, seems like there still using a small amount of disc space for there copy protection (the small gaps on the edges)

Slightly off-topic: Any word/rumor if Target is going to expand on their online B2G1 free selection OR if Amazon (or other online retailers) are going to run a Xbox One specific B2G1 free promotion?

I've already paid off BF4 and Forza. Upgrading NBA, Madden and Ghosts. Wanting to go all in on the XBONE and pick up NFS Rivals, Dead Rising and AC Black Flag as well... but I can't justify it without some sort of sale!

Also, how is everyone approaching the upgrade process? Are they trading it in-store at GameStop? Sending in to Amazon?

I'm doing this: Place an order on Amazon for all three XB1 games I'm looking to upgrade to (NBA, Madden and Ghosts). Once the XB1 versions arrive, submit a trade-in and send in my XB360 copies into Amazon. When I receive credit for those trade-ins, I would re-order the XB1 games a second time, await their arrival and then send the copies from the second order back to amazon as a return for the first. This would prevent me from having to wait for the XB360 games to be rated and my promotion credit applied to my account.

I WOULD deal with GameStop, but I have a ton of Amazon credit I'd like to go ahead and use. Otherwise, I would just go the easy route and wheel 'n deal at a B&M store.

damn. See that is why I want BF4...32 v 32 seems insane. I've never had good luck with 2k games online and don't end up playing much of my franchises.
As long as the servers hold up, BF4 would blow any other shooter out of the water. As someone who played it on PC, it's a MUST. The XB360/PS3 versions are good, but it's so watered down without the extra 32 players. 64 players definitely makes it feel like war. If you haven't experienced this yet, prepare yourself - IT'S RIDICULOUSLY FUN! Also, as an avid Ghosts fan, I'm highly anticipating getting my hands on BF4. Ghosts was such a disappointment this year.

Also, you're absolutely right about 2K games and their servers. They are absolute garbage. However, won't they now be running on Microsoft's dedicated servers now? Don't all XB1 games run on Microsoft's servers? Maybe I'm lying through my teeth (fingers), but I could have swore I read that somewhere.

Hey guys, I'm just sitting here with my cat and I decided to take a picture of her:

4610889786_6ef81f23f6_z.jpg

We're just hanging out and waiting for the glorious Xbox One to arrive at my house. It's the one thing in my life, besides my wonderful cat, that I have to live for so this will be a huge day for me. I can't wait! I wish these Sony trolls would leave us alone though. Just because they have a crappy, broken, no games, no features system, they need to come in here? Dumb fanboys.

Cold blooded. And isnt that Timbos avatar?

As long as the servers hold up, BF4 would blow any other shooter out of the water. As someone who played it on PC, it's a MUST. The XB360/PS3 versions are good, but it's so watered down without the extra 32 players. 64 players definitely makes it feel like war. If you haven't experienced this yet, prepare yourself - IT'S RIDICULOUSLY FUN! Also, as an avid Ghosts fan, I'm highly anticipating getting my hands on BF4. Ghosts was such a disappointment this year.

Also, you're absolutely right about 2K games and their servers. They are absolute garbage. However, won't they now be running on Microsoft's dedicated servers now? Don't all XB1 games run on Microsoft's servers? Maybe I'm lying through my teeth (fingers), but I could have swore I read that somewhere.
If the developer chooses to use them i believe.

ugh, why are some pre-orders for Xbox One games not available for in-store pick-up at Best Buy -_-
Yeah, when I was actually in the store today you can't even pre-order any of the three day one games which really put a hold on my get 3 plan for that extra cert, stuck with just ordering one for now and hoping Amazon sends a B1G1 coupon now.

Don't think so, I remember EA said they are running BF4 on their own servers, at least on launch.

The servers are available to the devs. Hard telling what the launch games will be using though. My uneducated guess is that they'll be using existing infrastructure this time around.

Also, what is up with NFS Rivals requiring you to be online all the time? I didn't care about the DRM stuff the X1 originally had, but now it looks like the publishers are going to possibly require it anyway.

Yeah, when I was actually in the store today you can't even pre-order any of the three day one games which really put a hold on my get 3 plan for that extra cert, stuck with just ordering one for now and hoping Amazon sends a B1G1 coupon now.
I was at my local Target today and they've pulled the day one preorder cards for games as well.

At the top right of this page, click on your account name, and then click settings when it appears in the drop box. When on the new page, click 'Ignore' Preferences, which will be on the left side of the screen. Scroll to near the bottom of the page and, near the bottom center of the screen, there should be a text bar where you can enter a profile name. You'll automatically be offered a list of names that fit letters entered, and you can click the boxes to the right of the bar to filter out what specifically you ignore of that person.

Please, do this. Stop replying to idiots. Especially lonely ones...

In case I'm ignored by others, please repost this on the next page, or so long as idiots continue to reply to worthless posts.

From the email -

Thank you for shopping at Microsoft Store. Unfortunately, your order was cancelled due to your payment method not being authorized, or our receiving incorrect payment information. If you believe this cancellation was in error and you would like to re-place your order, please contact your financial institution, and notify them you will be resubmitting your order, or try again using a different credit card to place your order.

I literally just used the card on Amazon with no issues. I'm sure I'll just be able to resubmit....yeah right Microsoft Store.
Make sure you screen capture your order information, just as a precaution for if it potentially gets removed from your account history because of this issue. When I called to cancel yesterday, they made me give them all of the information attached to the order; my name, e-mail, street address, order number, credit cards last four digits, amount, and I had to explain why I wanted to cancel. They even needed to e-mail a verification code that I needed to recite to them to confirm I was truly sure I wanted to cancel my order.

If they need to reprocess, or restart, your order, it'd be good to have all of this information, and to make it known to them you had a previous order to ensure you get the Day One version (if that is important to you). I'm not trying to scare you, just making you aware that they require a lot of information when you call.

really? you can't even pre-order it in-store? the heck--it says 'in-store only'

ughh -_-

really? you can't even pre-order it in-store? the heck--it says 'in-store only'

ughh -_-
Might be different in your store or they might be changing things, but I went through their pre-order machine and all of the third party games were still showing up but not Forza/Ryse/DR, dunno if it's because they are putting out the non day-one versions or what, but it really sucks because I was gonna use those for the promo and I don't want to order them online and wait for them to ship :/

Two down, one to go. Can't wait for the third next gen console. What games are you guys getting for launch? I'm doing Ryse, Crimson Dragon, and either Deadrising or Assasins Creed. Most likely Deadrising since AC is also on both other new consoles, as well as ps3 and 360.

bread's done
Back