XBOX360 General Questions - Setups/Hrdwr/Accessories/XBOX Live...etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry guys, let me clarify. They're ALL wireless and all three do the same thing, thus negating the possibility of it being a controller malfunction. My other console didn't do this at all, but this new one does.

Ah, yeah you should of put that in the first post.

Sounds like it's a console issue then... does this happen in other games or just Halo 3?

I keep getting really bad lag on any videos that I try to stream over to the system that are longer than a few minutes. The 360 is wired to the network, so I don't see why this keeps happening. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']I keep getting really bad lag on any videos that I try to stream over to the system that are longer than a few minutes. The 360 is wired to the network, so I don't see why this keeps happening. Has anyone else encountered this problem?[/QUOTE]

My 360 is wired to my router and my laptop connected through wifi, yet I don't get any kind of lag at all when streaming videos. From HD videos, to movies, to animes, I have yet to experience any lagging besides from when I initially open it and when I fast forward or skip through.

I was also wondering if anyone know if I could use my wireless remote as a gamepad for my laptop? I have the Play and Charge kit, would I simply connect it through the USB and all is dandy? I don't want to fork out money for the wireless adapter.

I have the EXACT same setup as you godhatesjustyou. I don't understand what could be going wrong. Widescreen stuff just flat out chugs, stopping every few seconds. 4:3 content had the problem of the audio not being in sync with the video. It's seriously pissing me off because now that the 360 can finally play .avi files I can't watch them. So if anyone has any advice I would definitely appreciate it.

Does anyone know why my brand new Elite beeps randomly?

It's not the same beep that I had on my original when the video was going out. It only does it when I'm playing a game (Forza 2, which came with it), but it's a bit disconcerting.

Is the vision camera worth $13? It's pretty cheap, but since I don't plan on showing random people my jumbly any time soon, I'm not sure it's even worth it at that price.

[quote name='WeLoveDaisuke']Is the vision camera worth $13? It's pretty cheap, but since I don't plan on showing random people my jumbly any time soon, I'm not sure it's even worth it at that price.[/QUOTE]

$13? Where is that?

I think it would be worth that price for the games that use it, like Vegas.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']$13? Where is that?

I think it would be worth that price for the games that use it, like Vegas.[/quote]
Someone I know who seriously regretted ever buying it.

Can you make gamerpics with it?

So I have a 360 that has the HDMI out on it, it is not the elite, normal premium system. I am a really tech savy guy, but this has baffled me. I have a M1000 HDMI cable just sitting here and I want to hook it up to my old CRT that has DVI. Now obviously DVI does not transfer audio through the connection, so if you plug in your HDMI cord how the hell do you get audio? IF your answer is going to be you plug in the normal component cable, think again because it doesn't slide into the slot when HDMI is plugged into the system.

hmmmmmmmmmmmm:bomb:

[quote name='WeLoveDaisuke']Someone I know who seriously regretted ever buying it.

Can you make gamerpics with it?[/quote]

Only ones that your friends can see and you can't save them. You also can't save pictures that you take with the xbox cam.

[quote name='WeLoveDaisuke']Is the vision camera worth $13? It's pretty cheap, but since I don't plan on showing random people my jumbly any time soon, I'm not sure it's even worth it at that price.[/quote]Depending on how EA takes the GameFace feature that was in this year's Tiger Woods game and how into sports games you are, then yes. That feature was fucking awesome. You could also just email them a pic, but I don't know how the quality turned out. It's just really cool to see a digital recreation of yourself in a game. That single game has made it well worth it for me (keep in mind I got the camera bundled with a 12 month subscription in a deal).

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Depending on how EA takes the GameFace feature that was in this year's Tiger Woods game and how into sports games you are, then yes. That feature was fucking awesome. You could also just email them a pic, but I don't know how the quality turned out. It's just really cool to see a digital recreation of yourself in a game. That single game has made it well worth it for me (keep in mind I got the camera bundled with a 12 month subscription in a deal).[/quote]

My youngest brother and I got our emailed game-face's to look exactly like us... it looks almost scary-good... my other brother on the other hand... he looks like an ICP reject... it came out awful... but he is really fat so... maybe that's why.

rainbow six vegas also can use the camera to make your face in the game. I dont remember exactly how, but i belive it was only for local matches on that xbox that could see the face. But it freaked me out a couple times playing with my buddy's face popping around a corner.

[quote name='sevin300zx']rainbow six vegas also can use the camera to make your face in the game. I dont remember exactly how, but i belive it was only for local matches on that xbox that could see the face. But it freaked me out a couple times playing with my buddy's face popping around a corner.[/quote]It also worked online, but it took a while to load and is nowhere near as good as EA's GameFace. In Vegas, a flat bitmap was just stretched across a generic head structure. And the transition from the face to the hair was terrible.

I did this:

http://www.chadledford.com/?p=50

with an official ms vga cable I got at gamestop used for 10 bux - works great and I still have my original component/composite cable for when I visit family/friends. I'm tempted to cut off the vga cable right where it leaves the xbox plug just because I don't need the bulk but I've left it so far thinking I may want/need it at some point.

I found one of those hdmi packages at Best Buy that someone had returned. It was half price. :bouncy: There is nothing wrong with it so i guess they didn't have a newer hdmi xbox. 25 bucks is way better than 50.

I have a premium Xbox 360 and I wanted to try and plug it into the HDMI slot but I was sure if I could since I have the Premium model and not the Elite model. So is there an way I could do this or am I out of luck?

Does it have an HDMI port on the back or is it an old model? If it has the HDMI logo anywhere on the console, then yes, you can. If it doesn't then you have an old model.

Well I will have to look when I get hoem if it has a HDMI logo any where on it. I am pretty sure it doesnt though. And sadly I do not have a store warranty. :) I was hoping there was a converter or something I could use.

[quote name='Dragon_Master']Well I will have to look when I get hoem if it has a HDMI logo any where on it. I am pretty sure it doesnt though. And sadly I do not have a store warranty. :) I was hoping there was a converter or something I could use.[/quote]
I don't know if there is a such thing as a simple cheap Component to HDMI converter. For instance, this one is $160:

http://www.amazon.com/Component-Audio-HDMI-Adapter-NEW/dp/B000V4SCIW/ref=pd_bbs_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1196964099&sr=8-2

http://www.sewellsupport.com/archives/component-to-hdmi?source=connector

If you're trying to hook up to your TV with HDMI just because you can, I wouldn't even worry about it. The picture quality difference is negligible unless you have like a 60 inch tv and even then I doubt it's significant.

Well the reason I was wanting to was becuase my component spots are taken up by My Wii and by my Cable box so I have been using my 360 with VGA cables but I was wanting to hook my computer to my TV later on and I thought If I could hook my 360 to the HDMI slot it would free up the VGA slots . My TV is a 42" Vizio with max resolution being 720p 1080i with 720p being what I use mainly.

My 360 is toast, and later in December I'm returning it to microcenter. I purchased a 1-year warranty which doesn't begin until one year from purchase (until then, I'd have to send out to MS). What happens when I bring it back is this, I get a MicroCenter gift/store credit card for $399.99 then I can buy a new 360 with it or whatever i want.

I'm hoping to buy an arcade system at Sams Club as it has a simpler policy if the system dies again, then I'll use the Micro Center credit towards other crap I could use.

The problem is this. When I bring back my system to Micro Center, they're going to take my hard drive as well, and that has all my saves and achievements. I could look for a cheap hard drive to replace it, but the cheapest I see is $100 and that's still pricey for me. Is there any way to transfer my saves and achievments to a memory card?

Keep in mind, I don't have live as my home connection is total garbage, so if it were possible to upload my profile and achievments/saves that way, it won't work for me.

Any info is appreciated!

[quote name='guinaevere']My 360 is toast, and later in December I'm returning it to microcenter. I purchased a 1-year warranty which doesn't begin until one year from purchase (until then, I'd have to send out to MS). What happens when I bring it back is this, I get a MicroCenter gift/store credit card for $399.99 then I can buy a new 360 with it or whatever i want.

I'm hoping to buy an arcade system at Sams Club as it has a simpler policy if the system dies again, then I'll use the Micro Center credit towards other crap I could use.

The problem is this. When I bring back my system to Micro Center, they're going to take my hard drive as well, and that has all my saves and achievements. I could look for a cheap hard drive to replace it, but the cheapest I see is $100 and that's still pricey for me. Is there any way to transfer my saves and achievments to a memory card?

Keep in mind, I don't have live as my home connection is total garbage, so if it were possible to upload my profile and achievments/saves that way, it won't work for me.

Any info is appreciated![/QUOTE]

If there's a Kmart near, you can pick up a hard drive for $20.

I have a similar issue. My elite is pretty much dead. I purchased the 99 dollar circuit city plan which lets me send it in and they will issue me a gift card for what i paid. (479 + tax)

The thing about cc's plan is that it is a one time only plan. Once you use it then its done. You would have to rebuy the 360 and add the plan again.

Im not sure on what i should do. The bad thing is that i have to send in everything including my 120 gb hd.

What can i do to keep my save files? Would the transfer kit work? I still have my old 20gb hd.

If not i think i have the xsata or w.e

[quote name='Dragon_Master']Well the reason I was wanting to was becuase my component spots are taken up by My Wii and by my Cable box so I have been using my 360 with VGA cables but I was wanting to hook my computer to my TV later on and I thought If I could hook my 360 to the HDMI slot it would free up the VGA slots . My TV is a 42" Vizio with max resolution being 720p 1080i with 720p being what I use mainly.[/QUOTE]

If your cable box doesn't have HDMI, maybe your computer video card has DVI out on it? You could do DVI to HDMI into your TV from your computer.

I will check my cable box when i get home from work to see if it accepts HDMI if it does not than I will look into a DVI to HDMI converter for my computer thanks.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Does anyone know why my brand new Elite beeps randomly?

It's not the same beep that I had on my original when the video was going out. It only does it when I'm playing a game (Forza 2, which came with it), but it's a bit disconcerting.[/quote]
I have no idea... try calling Microsoft? The only thing I can find online is someone else asking the same question over at the GameSpot forums.

My newer Elite doesn't make any beeping at all.

What is the actual capacity of your hdd?

I've had mine for about 6months, and ive been too lazy to put my music and stuff on it, ive just been streaming from my computer. I noticed that my remaining space on my hdd was 100gb, and i knew that i didnt have 20gb of data on it so i looked at the actual capacity, and its only 107gb. Is everyone elses like this too, or am i the only one

Hard drives space is just a estimate you have to figure with file tables and other bs the the system uses u loose the actual size of the hard drive hence why you have 120 instead of 100 gb so really they should say your getting a 100 gb hdd and then give u a 120 but meh that show the pc world rolls. I have like 80 gb left on mines hehe

EDIT: lol to answer ur question tho nah ur not the only one.

yea i just thought it was a little wierd, all the computers ive ever had were always like a gig or two less than advertised but when i saw it was 13gb less it caught me off guard a little...when i get my music and stuff on there ill be around 90 then

[quote name='bordjon']I did this:

http://www.chadledford.com/?p=50

with an official ms vga cable I got at gamestop used for 10 bux - works great and I still have my original component/composite cable for when I visit family/friends. I'm tempted to cut off the vga cable right where it leaves the xbox plug just because I don't need the bulk but I've left it so far thinking I may want/need it at some point.[/quote]

you are a gentlemen and a scholar.

Repeat:

If you copy your profile onto a memory card does it make your XBLA Games inoperable offline?

[quote name='Mrcapcom']Hard drives space is just a estimate you have to figure with file tables and other bs the the system uses u loose the actual size of the hard drive hence why you have 120 instead of 100 gb so really they should say your getting a 100 gb hdd and then give u a 120 but meh that show the pc world rolls. I have like 80 gb left on mines hehe

EDIT: lol to answer ur question tho nah ur not the only one.[/quote]

:?:

It is 107 Gigs because the system has to use some space on the HDD for it to run smoother, Also don't forget the Xbox Emulators that have to be on the HDD. I haven't used my elite yet so I can't say how much is left on my HDD.

[quote name='Slate']Repeat:

If you copy your profile onto a memory card does it make your XBLA Games inoperable offline?[/quote]
no, as long as the memory card is in. my profile is on my card and my games are on the hd.

[quote name='WeLoveDaisuke']no, as long as the memory card is in. my profile is on my card and my games are on the hd.[/quote]

So if you copy your profile to a memory card it deletes it from the HDD?

Pretty much, but auto sign-in still works. It's just like having it on your HD.

If tragedy stuck and you lost the memory card, you could still recover your profile to the hard drive.

[quote name='WeLoveDaisuke']Pretty much, but auto sign-in still works. It's just like having it on your HD.

If tragedy stuck and you lost the memory card, you could still recover your profile to the hard drive.[/quote]

I should explain a bit more.

I recently bought an Elite and I want to copy some files to it when I get to use it but I don't want to lose my arcade games on my pro system, I still want to use them offline. I'm going to use my pro system in the living room and my elite in my bedroom and I probably won't use my pro system online once I use my elite, So should I just copy some saves from my pro system to my elite and then recover my tag from XBL onto my elite? And what about link up matches if I have the same profile on two systems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back