XBOX360 General Questions - Setups/Hrdwr/Accessories/XBOX Live...etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to arrange your XBLA titles by full version games only? It seems after the update, the Games Blade now shows all XBLA games you've ever played, including demos instead of only showing the Arcade games you own the full version of.

so was just playin rock band then i turned it off and opened the disc tray
as i opened the disc tray rock band spun out like a friggin ninja blade is there anything wrong with the drive?

i tested doing the same thing with guitar hero quickly and guitar hero came out normally

btw when the rock band came out there was no scratches or any other problems it just came out spinning still inside the tray though

[quote name='Nelo Ice']so was just playin rock band then i turned it off and opened the disc tray
as i opened the disc tray rock band spun out like a friggin ninja blade is there anything wrong with the drive?

i tested doing the same thing with guitar hero quickly and guitar hero came out normally

btw when the rock band came out there was no scratches or any other problems it just came out spinning still inside the tray though[/quote]

If it happens again (Only with rock band) Then there is something about the game that keeps it spinning after you eject it but if it doesn't scratch it it probably won't damage it.

I have a question. Those games that tend to be released on the 360 and PS3, does anyone know of a site where I might find comparisions of the two? I wish to get the "best" version, and know of one is going to be ported to the other, as in Eternal Sonata.

[quote name='Riyonuk']I have a question. Those games that tend to be released on the 360 and PS3, does anyone know of a site where I might find comparisions of the two? I wish to get the "best" version, and know of one is going to be ported to the other, as in Eternal Sonata.[/quote]IGN Insider typically has "Head-to-Head" features where they break down all the differences from controls to sound and graphics, but those don't typically come out until at least a week after the games have released, if not later.

Question-

I heard there was a type of convertor for regular hard-drive's to become compatible with 360's. Now, I don't know if this is allowable or if it's some type of cheat-ware, but if there, would any of you guys be able to provide some insight? I have a 500 gig ext. HD that needs more usage.

Thanks ahead of time :D.

Well, my very first headset just gave out on me... and I don't know which road to take. Should I get another wired one? Or should I save up and get the wireless one? I've heard good and bad things about both. I know the wired ones are a little cheap and easy to break, but they are much more reliable when it comes to good communication. On the other hand, the wireless headset is not easy to break, but it's not so reliable. And I've also heard that some people have had trouble charging it. And on that note, how do you charge it? Do you have to put batteries in yourself or does it come with some battery pack?

Hmm decisions decisions :whistle2:k

well i have the 2 of the halo 3 headsets the wireless ones and they are much better then the wired ones. It charges VIA USB and it does not take batteries and you dont replace them. Just plug it in. Takes 6 hours i think for the first charge only down side. If you ever look into getting one i got ones thats practicly brand new i need to get rid of.

I have the wireless headset, orginal wired, plantronic X30, and a pair of turtle beach AXTs. I like the wireless, but don't like the battery time. They don't tend to last that long per charge, but it isn't enough to make me regret my purchase. If you can find it for below 35 I think it would be worth it.

[quote name='ighosty']I have the wireless headset, orginal wired, plantronic X30, and a pair of turtle beach AXTs. I like the wireless, but don't like the battery time. They don't tend to last that long per charge, but it isn't enough to make me regret my purchase. If you can find it for below 35 I think it would be worth it.[/quote]
i had the plantronic x30 and it workd good the only problem i found was it was hard for people to hear me. houw are the turtle beach AXTs?

I know little about these new HD formats but I've looked thru this post: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157984&page=2

I still have questions about hooking up my xbox to my LCD monitor

I have a 4 questions though:
1) HDCP is only important if I plan on getting the HD-DVD addon right? Currently, my monitor (Westinghouse Widescreen 22'' LCD that runs at 1680x1050 ) does NOT support HDCP and has a VGA and DVI slot with the VGA slot in use. my Xbox is the HDMI one.

2) There is no advantage in getting the VGA cable over the HDMI/DVI converter right?

3) Can I still the RCA cable for audio , even when I'm plugged into HDMI?

4) I've heard that you can't plug in both the HDMI and included RCA/Composite cables at the same time, is this true for all HDMI 360's?

I'm safe to use the HDMI to DVI cable such as the one below, right? (I need the 15ft since that's the distance from the xbox to the monitor)
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10231&cs_id=1023104&p_id=2505&seq=1&format=2

Well, in my opinion, all LCD televisions look their very best when they are running their native resolution. When you use VGA on the 360, you can actually pick that exact resolution.

Would being able to choose the exact resolution using VGA (both the MS and 3rd party VGA cables aer able to do this right?) outweight the benefits of having a HDMI to DVI cable?

Also what about sound when you use a HDMI to DVI converter? Can I still use RCA's sound?

Well, since you will be dropping sound when going from HDMI to DVI, you still can use the rca-style audio jacks or use the fiber optic output. However, I'm not using either of those and don't know the logistics involved. I'm going to assume you can still use the regular included component cables, just using the audio part only, as long as they physically don't block the HDMI cable.

As far as resolutions, using VGA (any, MS or 3rd party) will let you pick tons of different resolutions and I'm sure you can find those native to your LCD. Using HDMI will give you standard and HD outputs; 480i, 480p, 720p, and 1080i, 1080p.

ok i dont own a 360 yet and i know i have a gamertag but i dont have console thats why i havent played any games sorry but i was wondering witch version to buy i was set on the elite but now i dont realy know if i should get the halo or elite or premium defenitly not the arcade peice of crap but i realy love halo but i want the elite so bad because even though all of them have an hdmi port only the elite comes with a cable so please help me. p.s. what games should i buy besides halo 3 and mass efect? and are there any good xbox 1 games i should get besides halo? thanks just thanks

Elite. Well worth it for the 120GB hard drive.

And enjoy your 360. You have a ton of gaming to catch up on!

Xbox 360: Oblivion GOTY Edition, Call of Duty 4, Orange Box, Dead Rising, Gears, Guitar Hero III, BioShock

Xbox: Indigo Prophecy, Crimson Skies, KotoR, JSRF

my xbox just broke,,, not the 3 lights of death everyone knows of - but some sort of one light av cable madness... they want 99 dollars - how can i fix it for free? or cheap?

The Halo wireless headset is great, but if all you have is one wireless headset, what are you gonna do when the batteries die? I switch back to my stock headset when that happens. I have a friend who has 2 of the Halo sets, so he always has one at the ready.

at the cost of buying 2 halo wireless headsets though, your better off getting a decent turtle beach headset instend. ;)

[quote name='shigster']at the cost of buying 2 halo wireless headsets though, your better off getting a decent turtle beach headset instend. ;)[/quote]

...but he just needs one.

Buy a wireless headset. The quality is really nice and they last for quite a while.

The Halo 3 ones should come w/ the charger via USB, IIRC the white ones come w/ a AC adaptor which kind of sucks. (Green is a nicer color anyways) :]

[quote name='SpecTrE3353']It's spelled "which". A "witch" is a person (or [SIZE=-1]an American stoner metal band from Vermont and Massachusetts). [/SIZE][/quote]

wat ever

[quote name='TFN']...but he just needs one.

Buy a wireless headset. The quality is really nice and they last for quite a while.

The Halo 3 ones should come w/ the charger via USB, IIRC the white ones come w/ a AC adaptor which kind of sucks. (Green is a nicer color anyways) :][/quote]

Read the post above mine, about two wireless headsets. :roll:

After my cat kept chewing through wireless headsets, I finally shelled out for a used wireless one. I have the usb charge model and, aside from forgetting to charge it when I go to work, it works fine.

Is anyone else getting signed off of Live today? Everything looks good, but I was playing Mass Effect and it randomly signs me off.

I checked my connections a few times of the system blade, and it either tells me everything is good, or it fails on a random check.

When I turned it on, it fell over, and I heard strange noises coming from the drive. It loaded regularly and then went black. So I took out the disk, and I noticed on the bottom of it were ring like scratches on the disk.

Is there any cheap way of fixing this so it plays again? : /

Yeah it was my fault for having it in danger and on top of cords and to be fooling around with it while it was on.

HAPPY?

[quote name='PyroGamer']You KNOCKED over your 360. YOU scratched your disk, don't blame it on the 360, brother.[/quote]I could kick a Gamecube while it was playing a game, and it would still run perfectly.

I can blame what I want. And I'm blaming shitty manufacuturing. If it wasn't for the fact that I'm afraid it would explode if I put it into my cabinet, it would have been out of harms way from rouge feet.

Does toothpaste really work? Ten years ago someone told me I could fix my scratched holographic Raichu card with nail polish remover.

I don't want this to be another Raichu incident!

[quote name='MirrorImage']I'm blaming shitty manufacuturing.[/QUOTE]
Blame what you like, you're still an idiot.

Next time I recommend not kicking over your $300 console.

[quote name='MirrorImage']I could kick a Gamecube while it was playing a game, and it would still run perfectly.

I can blame what I want. And I'm blaming shitty manufacuturing.[/quote]

Have you been living in a box for the past two years? Of course it's shitty manufacturing- the 360 is amazingly problem-ridden - but as Pyro said, it is your fault. You need to learn to work around the problems of the system.

I know because I learned the hard way...when I moved my 360, my copy of NHL 08 got busted.

And ChrisDillon, do you just use toothpaste, or do you also use a toothbrush? :D

Yes toothpaste can work. Smear it all over your disc with whatever you want, just not a toothbrush. Then clean it. Next time, don't be a dumbass.

[quote name='PyroGamer']Blame what you like, you're still an idiot.

Next time I recommend not kicking over your $300 console.[/quote]I didn't punt it. Actually my foot didn't make contact with it. I was fooling around with cords trying to get things set up, and I pulled one that the 360 was on top of. I know it should have been off, but yeah my mistake. It doesn't matter what happened but that it did, so you could have either been a douchebag or helped me.

Yay you.

[quote name='MirrorImage']I didn't punt it. Actually my foot didn't make contact with it. I was fooling around with cords trying to get things set up, and I pulled one that the 360 was on top of. I know it should have been off, but yeah my mistake. It doesn't matter what happened but that it did, so you could have either been a douchebag or helped me.

Yay you.[/quote]

C_068984283X.jpg

[quote name='MirrorImage']I could kick a Gamecube while it was playing a game, and it would still run perfectly.

I can blame what I want. And I'm blaming shitty manufacuturing. If it wasn't for the fact that I'm afraid it would explode if I put it into my cabinet, it would have been out of harms way from rouge feet.

Does toothpaste really work? Ten years ago someone told me I could fix my scratched holographic Raichu card with nail polish remover.

I don't want this to be another Raichu incident![/quote]

That is because the GameCube has the locking mechanism.

For future reference, moving your console while it is on is a BAD idea.

I don't want this to be another Raichu incident![/quote]

Yeah, you could kick a Gamecube because--guess what--it locks the disc in place while its spinning, preventing it from being scratched. I see no such mechanism in place on the 360, and one would think that common sense dictates 'no movement while disc is inside=good'. Not saying it was on purpose, but still; pointing your finger and yelling that your 360 scratched your disc when it was knocked over while turned on is just a little misleading, even given the general instability of the console.

And, correct me if I'm wrong (since I very well could be), but isn't standing it up more likely to make it overheat since its main 'exhaust port' is the bottom of the 360, which is why you didn't want to put it in the cabinet?

Also, I would NOT reccomend using toothpaste to clean the bottom of your disc. Considering toothpaste cleans teeth by having abrasive material in the gel--stuff like miniature glass shards/sand/etc--I'd say it'd be a lot more likely to do harm to your disc than to fix it.

Yesterday, while playing Rock Band, everything started sounding different and I heard clicking noises. I quickly ejected my disk to find scratches on it.

Thanks for manufacturing a piece of shit MS :)

[quote name='IOnceWasLegend']Yeah, you could kick a Gamecube because--guess what--it locks the disc in place while its spinning, preventing it from being scratched. I see no such mechanism in place on the 360, and one would think that common sense dictates 'no movement while disc is inside=good'. Not saying it was on purpose, but still; pointing your finger and yelling that your 360 scratched your disc when it was knocked over while turned on is just a little misleading, even given the general instability of the console.

And, correct me if I'm wrong (since I very well could be), but isn't standing it up more likely to make it overheat since its main 'exhaust port' is the bottom of the 360, which is why you didn't want to put it in the cabinet?

Also, I would NOT reccomend using toothpaste to clean the bottom of your disc. Considering toothpaste cleans teeth by having abrasive material in the gel--stuff like miniature glass shards/sand/etc--I'd say it'd be a lot more likely to do harm to your disc than to fix it.[/quote]I'm sorry if it was misleading, It just meant that something in the 360 scratched the disk. I wasn't trying to point blame, it's just that, well the machine is what scratched it, even if I'm the cause....or something.

I also did not know its main exaust port was on the bottom. I had it standing up for fear that I may step right on top of it at one point in time and break it. I should just find a new place for it so nothing bad happens!

Hmm. I will do more research on this toothpaste fixing disks before I do anything. Years ago I had this stuff from gamestop that worked sometimes. I wonder if they still sell it.

[quote name='scuba t']mine scratches my discs without moving it figure that one out[/QUOTE]

my cousin's refurb does that.... burns/scratches in the inner rings. I don't let him borrow any of my shit anymore.

[quote name='Albo23']Yes toothpaste can work. Smear it all over your disc with whatever you want, just not a toothbrush. Then clean it. Next time, don't be a dumbass.[/quote]

I was joking about the toothbrush...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back