You can't spell Ottawa without OTT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished Deus Ex: HR. That was the quickest 30 hours I've spent playing a game in a long time (I guess playing a mission and reloading over and over will do that). I enjoyed it, but not as much as the first. I felt the Augs were lacking, as were the 15 second Boss Battles.

Now to finish Gears 2 by Tuesday.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']You work retail for a major corporation. No way in hell they let you work overtime and if they do that shit is minimal. Stop complaining like you work all the time. That dude bitching about his 34 hour day has grounds to complain, but you don't have a leg to stand on. You don't see me bitching on here constantly about how terrible my work week is and its been 70+ hours the past several weeks.[/QUOTE]

I think if he changes his perspective on life, his work schedule/duties might not seem so bad.

Damn, who would have guessed that describing yourself to others would be so difficult. Maybe I really am this boring hm...:whistle2:k

Even though on a day I have to work and I call in sick I could sleep to 10, I always wake up at 6 or 6:30 on my days off.

Also I just sneezed while carrying a full mug of coffee through my house. BONUS: My carpet looks like a monochromatic Jackson Pollock painting!

[quote name='Dkellar']I think if he changes his perspective on life, his work schedule/duties might not seem so bad. [/QUOTE]

I'm aware my priorities and such are out of whack. But for me, I dunno. Yes, I don't like my job (well, the carts aspect of it), but it's more than that.

For whatever reason, I always end up comparing myself to other people. My sister (who is three years younger than me) has a higher paying job working for citi (I think she gets paid $10 maybe $11 an hour, not sure). The highest I was ever paid for any job was when I worked an assembly line for a month and make $9 (never doing that line of work again, dear god it sucks). Otherwise, my highest had been making $8 an hour. And it seems like she can get jobs with little to no effort. Me, I could be unemployed for a year and still get the shit end of the stick.

Then I was talking with Josh the other day (dad's friend's oldest son). Ok, I understand he should make decent money having gone to college, but we talked briefly yesterday and it sounds like he doesn't even have to apply. He got 4 job offers recently from the employers contacting him.

Then Derek (dad's friend's youngest son) is apparently doing some work under the table for some business that just started. He's 16 and is already making decent money it sounds like.

I'm aware it sounds like I'm complaining, but it always feels like I get the shit stick in life. Work sucks, school sucked for me, just...there's times I just want to give up on life.

[quote name='gbpackers94']Jstryke, work harder and try and find a career instead of a job.[/QUOTE]

That's been an issue for me. My problem is, I have no idea what I want to do with my life. Which in turn makes me put off further possible schooling if only for the fact if I make the wrong choice, that's money down the drain.

[quote name='JStryke']I'm aware my priorities and such are out of whack. But for me, I dunno. Yes, I don't like my job (well, the carts aspect of it), but it's more than that.

For whatever reason, I always end up comparing myself to other people. My sister (who is three years younger than me) has a higher paying job working for citi (I think she gets paid $10 maybe $11 an hour, not sure). The highest I was ever paid for any job was when I worked an assembly line for a month and make $9 (never doing that line of work again, dear god it sucks). Otherwise, my highest had been making $8 an hour. And it seems like she can get jobs with little to no effort. Me, I could be unemployed for a year and still get the shit end of the stick.

Then I was talking with Josh the other day (dad's friend's oldest son). Ok, I understand he should make decent money having gone to college, but we talked briefly yesterday and it sounds like he doesn't even have to apply. He got 4 job offers recently from the employers contacting him.

Then Derek (dad's friend's youngest son) is apparently doing some work under the table for some business that just started. He's 16 and is already making decent money it sounds like.

I'm aware it sounds like I'm complaining, but it always feels like I get the shit stick in life. Work sucks, school sucked for me, just...there's times I just want to give up on life.[/QUOTE]

This is why people should never discuss their pay rate with others. And in reality, you shouldn't care what they make. Big deal. All my friends make more than me. Do I care? No. What good does it to me to dwell on this? You should just worry about you. And try to find something to be happy about, like when you are doing carts, is the weather nice? If it is not then trying thinking that things could be worse. If you alter your outlook on life just a little bit, you'll realize things are not that bad.

[quote name='Dkellar']This is why people should never discuss their pay rate with others. And in reality, you shouldn't care what they make. Big deal. All my friends make more than me. Do I care? No. What good does it to me to dwell on this? You should just worry about you. And try to find something to be happy about, like when you are doing carts, is the weather nice? If it is not then trying thinking that things could be worse. If you alter your outlook on life just a little bit, you'll realize things are not that bad.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, there are always worse situations out there. Like prison, unemployed, dead, a vegetable, picking tomatoes, and not to mention playing in the WNBA.

[quote name='Chika']I have a couple of tips after having made it a few times if you're serious about making it -shoot me a message. Also, it's a lot of work and a lot of dirty dishes. It's my version of a cake my family used to have at the bakery (they used chocolate mousse instead of whipped cream). It's a lot easier if you're making several cakes at once, but it's really a lot of effort for a single cake. In the past, I've had issues with the cake sticking to the bottom of the pan, but thankfully it came out really nicely this time. I'm really pleased with how it's turning out. I just need to ice it, pour some ganache on the top to make it look nice and shiny, then decorate it. I'm going really simple with blue and green dots around the edges and something like "Welcome to Twinsanity"

i fucking love cheesy poofs.[/QUOTE]

Sending you a PM

[quote name='Dkellar']This is why people should never discuss their pay rate with others. And in reality, you shouldn't care what they make. Big deal. All my friends make more than me. Do I care? No. What good does it to me to dwell on this? You should just worry about you. And try to find something to be happy about, like when you are doing carts, is the weather nice? If it is not then trying thinking that things could be worse. If you alter your outlook on life just a little bit, you'll realize things are not that bad.[/QUOTE]

Sure, things *could* be worse, but I've always had a negative outlook on things. Growing up feeling I was a failure and being the victim of bullies and everything else doesn't help either.

So, I just listened to my mom and grandma argue about taking her to the hospital. Oh the drama since my arrival.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only time you can be pissed about pay is if someone is getting paid more in the same position with similar expierence.

The company I work for now maxes the therapists pay at 25/hr so we're mostly even. Can't wait to start my certification and pass my boards so that will double. That won't be for about 1.5 years though...

It's not even decorated yet:) Shortly, it will look even better. Just waiting for that ganache to firm up a little more. Touching it left finger prints about 5 mins ago.

[quote name='seanr1221']The only time you can be pissed about pay is if someone is getting paid more in the same position with similar expierence.
[/QUOTE]
Some professions and fields also adjust pay in accordance to performance.

[quote name='JimmieMac']The start of the first official reviews are in:

http://www.metro.us/boston/entertainment/article/969543--blue-inc-gets-the-blue-ribbon

This coming week is The Boston Globe, hoping for 3 out of 4 but we'll be happy with 2 1/2.[/QUOTE]
Nice review, my wife has a pet peeve with that "raw in the center salmon" trend. Kudos.

[quote name='crystalklear64']creepy as fuck comic. scroll down and read.

http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=350217&no=20&weekday=tue[/QUOTE]
Damn, that was unnerving.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Some professions and fields also adjust pay in accordance to performance.[/QUOTE]

I wish that was the case in my field, I'd probably get a huge pay bump :(

Went to a nice local Italian restaurant with my parents tonight. It's been there for over 15 years and we've never bothered to stop there until now.

Three things:

1) I want a piece of that cake.

2) For me being depressed with my job and such, I think part of the issue is with comparing myself to my sister, she's already moved out and supporting myself, and here I make just above minimum wage and I can see myself living with my dad (or mom) until I'm 30+. Just feels like I'm going nowhere in life.

3) While I figured I was going to have too, I was hoping my car battery would last me another week yet. Looks like I'm going to have to go somewhere Monday and get a new battery and hoping Jim can put it in for me. No way in hell I want to attempt driving to Carlisle to pick up my dad Tuesday, down to Hagerstown so he can pick his car up from the garage and back up to Hanover to work. I was afraid my battery was going to die on the way home, since my dashboard got dim about a mile away from the house, then the radio died shortly afterwards, and my battery guage dropped from low (could have sworn it was near the middle a week or two ago) down to the red hash mark. Made it home, and when I turned my headlights off, radio came back on. Messed with it, turned the lights back on and the radio shut off. And my inside light isn't coming on, so yeah, battery is pretty much done. Another thing that'll rob me of the little cash I have. >_>

[quote name='JStryke'] Made it home, and when I turned my headlights off, radio came back on. Messed with it, turned the lights back on and the radio shut off. And my inside light isn't coming on, so yeah, battery is pretty much done. Another thing that'll rob me of the little cash I have. >_>[/QUOTE]
That sounds like you also have a bad alternator.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']That sounds like you also have a bad alternator.[/QUOTE]

It might be the alternator and not the battery I guess. The battery gauge did drop from the middle-ish area rather quickly considering it was near the on or near the middle all year iirc.

If you have a multimeter, you can check the voltage over the positive and negative of your battery terminals pretty easily. If it's over 12v, you should be doing okay alternator wise.

Chika's car was having issues with the battery where it would run fine until you turned the car off, then the car wouldn't start or would act like it was possessed by an electrical demon. It kept looking like it was a short or a loose wire/connection (and sometimes it was), but her car has been stable and working much better since the battery was replaced a month or so ago.

Scored a bunch of comics cheap at Half Price today, including a copy of Batman Dark Victory signed by Tim Sale (the artist). They didn't realize it was signed so I got it for only $10. Good times.

[quote name='j-cart']I'm confused. What is the difference between OTT and GTT?[/QUOTE]

we're cooler.
I believe the technical answer is "your mom" but they made me promise I wouldn't use that phrase anymore.

[quote name='j-cart']I'm confused. What is the difference between OTT and GTT?[/QUOTE]

OTT is supposed to talk about everything *but* gaming.
GGT is supposed to talk about *only* gaming.

I'll let you figure out which one is "off-topic" more... :lol:

[quote name='JimmieMac']The start of the first official reviews are in:

http://www.metro.us/boston/entertainment/article/969543--blue-inc-gets-the-blue-ribbon

This coming week is The Boston Globe, hoping for 3 out of 4 but we'll be happy with 2 1/2.[/QUOTE]

f4da798b4c4db1b47fa28c451c90.jpg

tron-meme-generator-she-s-got-some-big-ass-tittays-44ebe0.jpg

[quote name='munch']Just got into my place in Paris. It's nice, but I'm surrounded by Orientals.[/QUOTE]
What's wrong with that? I think they look nicer than wall to wall carpets.

Edit: Any one know why iNCREDiPiNOY got a temp ban? I like him active for the :br: deals.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back