You Down with OTT (Yeah you know me)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got it in December 2004(it's a G4, too), so it's almost six years old. I'm on it right now. Really, it's fine on the internet--but if a .gif pops up it freaks out. I prefer typing papers on it, except for the screen size. I love the computer. It's just time to retire it.

[quote name='munch']I got it in December 2004(it's a G4, too), so it's almost six years old. I'm on it right now. Really, it's fine on the internet--but if a .gif pops up it freaks out. I prefer typing papers on it, except for the screen size. I love the computer. It's just time to retire it.[/QUOTE]

Are you using Safari or some other browser? Cause Safari loves to choke on animated .gif files.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Are you using Safari or some other browser? Cause Safari loves to choke on animated .gif files.[/QUOTE]

Safari. Firefox sucks dick on my ibook, and opera is a mess, too. I've tried SeaMonkey, but that's not that great either.

[quote name='2DMention']The only one in MN is in a ghetto part of town and only takes $cashmonies$[/QUOTE]

White people...

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127386

I got excited when I saw Graystone in the second post and then I realized it was a thread brought back from 2007.

[quote name='manthing']White people...[/QUOTE]

That kid is an idiot for complaining about it being in a "rough" area. Who cares, I am pretty sure that is their business model anyways.

The college baseball team stopped at a Popeye's in Birmingham, AL once and we were the only white people in sight. That shit was delicious though.

[quote name='munch']Safari. Firefox sucks dick on my ibook, and opera is a mess, too. I've tried SeaMonkey, but that's not that great either.[/QUOTE]

Safari has problems with .gif (animated) on Windows as well, or at least it did the last time I tried it (it's why I stopped using it, actually).

We should have a drinking game where every time you hear the word family at the Microsoft Natal E3 Conference you take a drink. I'm guessing you'll be blasted out of your mind in fifteen minutes.

[quote name='Rocko']Green Day Rock Band makes me want RB3 so bad.[/QUOTE]

Me too. Can't wait for the E3 announcements.

I bet they'll give it away when you get RB3. I bet RB3 will come out first for 360 in Sept. and have a 1 month exclusive like RB2.

Do the exported GD tracks have harmonies on RB2?

[quote name='Wolve11']I almost tricked Casey into coming down for another meet up. It would've been epic.

I think he's scared to come see me now.[/QUOTE]

Well if you had a name like John Smith it would have worked better. There aren't too many Laurens out there.

PSP is pretty slick. I know I am behind the times, but I am digging it. Have not played Peace Walker yet, but God of War seems really good. Haven't started Peace Walker yet because I am wondering if I should play Portable Ops first.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Well if you had a name like John Smith it would have worked better. There aren't too many Laurens out there.

PSP is pretty slick. I know I am behind the times, but I am digging it. Have not played Peace Walker yet, but God of War seems really good. Haven't started Peace Walker yet because I am wondering if I should play Portable Ops first.[/QUOTE]

It's cool, but there aren't many great games out for it. Even the big name titles are a little lacking. As for MGS, I don't think Portable Ops has any story ties to Peace Walker and Portable Ops controls way differently than Peace Walker does, so I'd just dive into Peace Walker if I was you.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I apparently won a copy of RDR.
Do I want it for 360 or PS3? I'll probably just sell it anyway... :\[/QUOTE]

Why, do you already own it? If not, you should definitely give it a shot at least before selling it...it'll be all profit anyways if you end up losing a few bucks for selling it used.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Why, do you already own it? If not, you should definitely give it a shot at least before selling it...it'll be all profit anyways if you end up losing a few bucks for selling it used.[/QUOTE]

I have no interest in playing the game. The wild west is not for me. Horses and saloons and injuns? No thanks. I'll go play GTA4 if I want a rockstar sandbox game.

The season finale for Justified was really good. As much as I like Timothy Olyphant I think Boyd was the best character of the show.

[quote name='Rocko']I like how I 5-starred every song on expert guitar in Green Day RB on sightread. :cool:[/QUOTE]

I've been playing it on med. so I can get more achievements.
I know, I'm a wimp.

fuck, my laptop is dying on me. Each morning when I wake up to turn it on, it gives me an error message that says "Fan error" and then shuts itself off. Gotta use a can of compressed air each time I want to turn it on. Looks like I better backup my stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
What you need is a good desktop. You should build your own! And I just happen to have all the parts that I'll ship to you! Do it Minh!

[quote name='Eviltude']It's cool, but there aren't many great games out for it. Even the big name titles are a little lacking. As for MGS, I don't think Portable Ops has any story ties to Peace Walker and Portable Ops controls way differently than Peace Walker does, so I'd just dive into Peace Walker if I was you.[/QUOTE]

After searching several stores, I finally found a complete copy of MGS:pO and MGS:Digital Graphic Novel. Traded in some stuff and got the games for 2 bucks. I think I am going to run through PO before I play Peace Walker just because I want to play them in order.

[quote name='flowery']The season finale for Justified was really good. As much as I like Timothy Olyphant I think Boyd was the best character of the show.[/QUOTE]

Walton Goggins owned this season. That really was a fantastic finale and the first season was much better than the first season of SoA.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I have no interest in playing the game. The wild west is not for me. Horses and saloons and injuns? No thanks. I'll go play GTA4 if I want a rockstar sandbox game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but GTA IV ate a bowl of dicks and RDR is amazing.

Yea I didn't feel like making a fake email account to really trick you. I'll find a way for us to meet again, unless you are scared of course.

I think RDR is pretty awesome but I can get bored with it quick. Right now I've been trying to whore some achievements in backyard sluggers. It's actually rather enjoyable for shovelware.

The whole soldier-collecting part of Portable Ops is probably a lot more tedious than how they handle that in Peace Walker, which could be the reason why you probably should just skip PO. You can at least try it for yourself and see if you like it now.

[quote name='munch']What you need is a good desktop. You should build your own! And I just happen to have all the parts that I'll ship to you! Do it Minh![/QUOTE]

Nah, this is the laptop I use for school work.

[quote name='Trakan']Yeah, but GTA IV ate a bowl of dicks and RDR is amazing.[/QUOTE]

I don't know why I didn't enjoy GTA IV either. I guess it just needed a new setting... something original; not just the whole big city mobsters theme. I guess my heart is still in San Andreas because of it's originality. The setting/era and the concept of "taking over the hoods" was just genius and hilarious.

I really want to know the context of this .gif. Is it a song? A few dudes just saying stuff to the camera? I must know!

nlyfl2.gif

[quote name='Wolve11']Yea I didn't feel like making a fake email account to really trick you. I'll find a way for us to meet again, unless you are scared of course.

I think RDR is pretty awesome but I can get bored with it quick. Right now I've been trying to whore some achievements in backyard sluggers. It's actually rather enjoyable for shovelware.[/QUOTE]

You just have to catch me when I am not so tired. 12 hour days for over a month straight wore me out. I got two days off this week which was nice, but I know this summer is going to continue to be a killer.

It's already hard enough to make a movie based on the game to begin with, I think their approach was pretty well done, and I believe that it would work well.

----

I agree Frosty...all these new additions to GoW seem pretty lame so far. I need to see all this shit in action to see how it's going to work.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']wtf?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='munch']huge letdown.[/QUOTE]

I don't know. I said the same things when I saw it. I remember seeing it posted somewhere.

I searched for the source on YouTube and that was it. Evidently a clip was on Tosh 2.0 according to YouTube as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back