Playstation Rewards program is back!

[quote name='ZombieToast']I know, right? To earn the maximum number of points, you have to take pictures of your family playing the game, which seems really silly if you're earning the points so you can get a copy of the damn thing![/QUOTE]

I see one is a picture of playing as the Giants, which can be done in the demo. ...so I guess there's that.

The Challenge of the Week prizes are nice for those (like me) who own the game but won't spend actual money on tries for the mode when I know I have no shot at winning.

I wonder if every month will be as weird with its' prize structuring.

[quote name='JamesFerguson']That was for previous House Parties. Right now it looks like the best prize you can get is a copy of MLB: The Show 2011.[/QUOTE]

No, everything in the OP was either rewards from the group itself, either for the month or included the New Years Eve House Party party pack (exclusively for VIP Rewards people). LBP2, HVB, The Shoot/Kung Fu Rider w/ gun, DLC/Themes/Home items were all from the monthly stuff, while the Sports Champion Bundle/Singstar were from the NYE house party.

[quote name='TheCro']Got in, but I feel like it's too late to earn enough points to get the game this time.[/QUOTE]

Did you get in during the last week or starting this week? If you got in, the most you can earn from this period is 660 pts. If you got in last week, this "month" runs through May 8th, so you have 2 weeks left (or the full 990 points)

"Congrats – You’re Part of the PlayStation® Online Rewards Program"

Once you are in will you be good to go for the future months and promotions? Or is this a one time thing with MLB this month for the foreseeable future. The title of the thread says, "is back" so that's where I'm confused (at least at the point where I would need to reapply for future months.)

"Thanks for Your Interest in the PlayStation® Online Rewards Program
This program is all about using the PS3™ to take back family time and many great parents requested to join. Unfortunately, you were not chosen to participate this time. Please note that your dashboard status for this event may continue to indicate "Active Applicant" even though you are no longer eligible to host this event. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause!"

This is how the rejection letter looks like

[quote name='Brenex']"Congrats – You’re Part of the PlayStation® Online Rewards Program"

Once you are in will you be good to go for the future months and promotions? Or is this a one time thing with MLB this month for the foreseeable future. The title of the thread says, "is back" so that's where I'm confused.[/QUOTE]

Once you are in, you're good until the end of the program (I think it was renewed for 1 yr rather than 6 months).

[quote name='dyeknom']No, everything in the OP was either rewards from the group itself, either for the month or included the New Years Eve House Party party pack (exclusively for VIP Rewards people). LBP2, HVB, The Shoot/Kung Fu Rider w/ gun, DLC/Themes/Home items were all from the monthly stuff, while the Sports Champion Bundle/Singstar were from the NYE house party.

Did you get in during the last week or starting this week? If you got in, the most you can earn from this period is 660 pts. If you got in last week, this "month" runs through May 8th, so you have 2 weeks left (or the full 990 points)[/QUOTE]

Got in today. I guess I'll just use this week to learn how the program works.

How come some ppl have a lot of pts...is there a way out outside of the challenges to add pts as well?

I just got in today. Too bad I can't get the game at this point. I think people get accepted and rejected based on the questions they answered. For the options of interests and parties you would like to host I selected almost every option. I tried to appear as the "target" audience in every way possible.

Ok, call me stupid but...

I got in...all I've been able to do is add a comment, and the polls so far. When I click any of the links to "Tell us in a blog post!" it just takes me to a page that says "Thanks, you're already logged in!" Um...where the heck do I go to add a blog post? And if I just add one without actually clicking through that link, will it count? Seems like stupid questions, but this site is soooo messy it's hard to get through and find things.

ok I got accepted today and currently have 120 points. I keep doing things on the list but my points aren't going up. Does it take awhile for points to post? Also how do you post a blog? It would be very cool if someone had the time to post a walk through of how to earn the points from the challenges.

[quote name='captaintek3304']Ok, call me stupid but...

I got in...all I've been able to do is add a comment, and the polls so far. When I click any of the links to "Tell us in a blog post!" it just takes me to a page that says "Thanks, you're already logged in!" Um...where the heck do I go to add a blog post? And if I just add one without actually clicking through that link, will it count? Seems like stupid questions, but this site is soooo messy it's hard to get through and find things.[/QUOTE]

You think it's messy now? Previously, it was much worse. For those of us who participated the first time around, this go-around is a dream.

A few notes:
Earning points this time around takes up to an hour to post. Just take a lunch break and you should be up to date.

Ways to earn points:
-Upload up to 2 photos (30 points each). click on 'My Media' tab then just underneath the my party tab you will see: "Your 2011 PlayStation® Online Rewards Program 2 items | (+ Upload items to this album). click the Upload link to add your pictures.

-Add a Party Talk Post up to 3 times (30 points each). Click on 'Party Central Tab' Then scroll down to the bottom right and click Start a New Conversation

-Comment on a Sponsored Post up to 3 times (30 points each). Click on 'Party Central Tab' then find a 'Featured PartyTalk' and add a comment to it.

-Comment on a PartyTalk Post up to 3 times (12 points each). Click on 'Party Central Tab' and scroll down to the bottom right to view View All Conversations. find any conversation that you want, and add a comment to it. Doesn't have to be a featured conversation, it could be anything posted by anybody.

-Answer a poll up to 3 times (18 points each). Click on "Party Central Tab' and scroll to the very bottom to find the polls. Answer them if you know them. Try to get them right. If you don't know the answer, then view the results without voting, then reload the tab to select the option that had the most votes.

[quote name='sixspeednissan']I just got in today. Too bad I can't get the game at this point. I think people get accepted and rejected based on the questions they answered. For the options of interests and parties you would like to host I selected almost every option. I tried to appear as the "target" audience in every way possible.[/QUOTE]

I just put video games and I got accepted. In hindsight it would have been better for me to just BS most of the application, but at least I still got in.

so your points disappear after next week? Since it sounds like i can't get the game (and have no intention of buying it) should i just sit this one out? Or do some points carry over?

[quote name='chibilaharl']so your points disappear after next week? Since it sounds like i can't get the game (and have no intention of buying it) should i just sit this one out? Or do some points carry over?[/QUOTE]

they carry

[quote name='admiralvic']they carry[/QUOTE]

What exactly do you mean they carry? If I get 990 points this month and get the game, will I have 990 next month? That doesn't make sense to me.

Think of the game as a one month event, although in this particular case it is 3 weeks. Your points accumulate to the end of the event and then reset for the following set of challenges. I would say it's not 100% clear whether they plan to have 3 individual earning periods or 4 since the total event time is approximately 3.5 weeks. If they only give you the chance to earn 330 points up to 3 times, and you've missed the first week, then you're right that you don't have much to gain by starting now.
On the other hand, I have seen during the previous run that you could in some cases get retroactive credt by completing extra tasks. Sometimes they would get credited during the transition from one sub-earning period to the next. So, in that case it might be worth a shot...

I really should have been participating in this since the beginning, I could have gotten myself something by now. I have around 300 points right now, I hope I can manage the free game.

[quote name='hellmutt']Think of the game as a one month event, although in this particular case it is 3 weeks. Your points accumulate to the end of the event and then reset for the following set of challenges. I would say it's not 100% clear whether they plan to have 3 individual earning periods or 4 since the total event time is approximately 3.5 weeks. If they only give you the chance to earn 330 points up to 3 times, and you've missed the first week, then you're right that you don't have much to gain by starting now.
On the other hand, I have seen during the previous run that you could in some cases get retroactive credt by completing extra tasks. Sometimes they would get credited during the transition from one sub-earning period to the next. So, in that case it might be worth a shot...[/QUOTE]

Seems like it'll be three weeks with a 'waiting' period' between since it says 661-990 points for the top prize. I'd think it would show more points, unless they cap us at 990. First time messing around with this site though so I could be way off. I wouldn't even have paid attention to it if it wasn't for them choosing MLB 11 as the starting challenge.

Last time around, the games were given to 15-25 random people, correct? Anybody know if there was a thread here? I saw a DJ Hero, EA Active, and Move House Party but no rewards one for the prior set.

[quote name='Foladar']Last time around, the games were given to 15-25 random people, correct? Anybody know if there was a thread here? I saw a DJ Hero, EA Active, and Move House Party but no rewards one for the prior set.[/QUOTE]

Those were House Party events specific to those games. You would be chosen and receive a physical party pack with a bunch of freebies in it.

The PlayStation Rewards program is online only (no physical party pack) but you can win various prizes by completing the tasks and racking up points (as you can see).

[quote name='Foladar']Seems like it'll be three weeks with a 'waiting' period' between since it says 661-990 points for the top prize. I'd think it would show more points, unless they cap us at 990. First time messing around with this site though so I could be way off. I wouldn't even have paid attention to it if it wasn't for them choosing MLB 11 as the starting challenge.

Last time around, the games were given to 15-25 random people, correct? Anybody know if there was a thread here? I saw a DJ Hero, EA Active, and Move House Party but no rewards one for the prior set.[/QUOTE]

As the above guy said, different programs. This same PS Rewards program in its earlier form gave out free games in this context as well. I 'earned' LBP2 free, as did a bunch of other people, back in January. I also earned 'the Shoot' and the gun adapter free as well.

After you earn the points you don't have to do anything. They send a confirmation e-mail telling you what prize(s) you earned after the month is over. The download codes would be right in that e-mail. Later they may send another one with a tracking number when they mail out the game. It became a regularity that they didn't send the second e-mail and my prize just arrived fed-ex.

[quote name='femmebot33']After you earn the points you don't have to do anything. They send a confirmation e-mail telling you what prize(s) you earned after the month is over. The download codes would be right in that e-mail. Later they may send another one with a tracking number when they mail out the game. It became a regularity that they didn't send the second e-mail and my prize just arrived fed-ex.[/QUOTE]

How soon after the month ended did they ship prizes out, generally?

Generally 2-3 weeks, but the December rewards didnt get here until recently for those who got the Gun Attachment. Due to the multi-month delay they gave us a bonus game (Kung Fu Rider)

Note: The games Foralder is talking about are the random awards given out each month. They did that last year, not sure about this one... but they gave a few people (10-15) 20$ PSN Cards or Sports Champions Bundles. They were extremely rare because there were over 3000-4000 VIP members with no point requirement

I should hit 500 or so before this week ends, so hitting the 600-some next week won't be hard. Free game, yeaaaaaah!

[quote name='hellmutt']As the above guy said, different programs. This same PS Rewards program in its earlier form gave out free games in this context as well. I 'earned' LBP2 free, as did a bunch of other people, back in January. I also earned 'the Shoot' and the gun adapter free as well.[/QUOTE]

Right, my bad, I meant those were the only threads I could locate on the House Party subject so I was curious if anyone recalls that was in the prior installment of the Playstation Rewards if there was a thread for it so I could read up on it.

I only got accepted today and started, not sure how this will really work but i did everything i can and have only about 330 points by the end of all the stuff i'm suppose to do, is it still possible to get the game?

[quote name='oakafanforlife']Anyone else find it somewhat confusing trying to navigate and earn points?[/QUOTE]

Yeah but "my party" helps a lot

Someone who has done this before know if there are any ways to get over that 661 points to get the game? Because i currently have 330 and by next week i'll probably have 660. I just a few extra points.

Each week ends on a Thursday. You'll have a few days past that.

Go to your party and look at the bottom of the left column.

Spring Into Gaming Ends May 8, 2011
11:59 PM EDT
15 days left!

Period Ends April 28, 2011
11:59 PM EDT
5 days left!

So the time to earn the game ends May 8th.
And the current week of points ends April 28th.

[quote name='M3wThr33']Each week ends on a Thursday. You'll have a few days past that.

Go to your party and look at the bottom of the left column.

So the time to earn the game ends May 8th.
And the current week of points ends April 28th.[/QUOTE]

So pretty much that means i have 3 days extra to get over the 661 points? Just thought the max you can get is 990 which means 330 a week.

Not that I condone cheating but... what are the answers to the quiz questions? Obviously I can't get on PSN right now so help would be great.

[quote name='CONMAN999']Not that I condone cheating but... what are the answers to the quiz questions? Obviously I can't get on PSN right now so help would be great.[/QUOTE]

just view the results and follow what others are doing

[quote name='admiralvic']just view the results and follow what others are doing[/QUOTE]

Didn't realize you could do that. Thanks.

As a heads-up if you happen to do the quizzes for the points make sure you are signed in or they don't count, even if you sign in right after you complete them. If you complete them when you aren't signed in then wait a day or two and it should reset so you can sign in and do them to make sure they count.

I say this not only because it happened to me, but that it seems House Party likes to sign me out for no reason every couple of page loads =/

[quote name='Captain Urahara']As a heads-up if you happen to do the quizzes for the points make sure you are signed in or they don't count, even if you sign in right after you complete them. If you complete them when you aren't signed in then wait a day or two and it should reset so you can sign in and do them to make sure they count.

I say this not only because it happened to me, but that it seems House Party likes to sign me out for no reason every couple of page loads =/[/QUOTE]
Sadly, this happened to me. They shot me out of 36 points thanks to this.

Also, I noticed it only logging me out if I had two tabs of the House Party stuff open. If I only stuck to one tab it never logged me out.

[quote name='soliunasm']Sadly, this happened to me. They shot me out of 36 points thanks to this.

Also, I noticed it only logging me out if I had two tabs of the House Party stuff open. If I only stuck to one tab it never logged me out.[/QUOTE]
I only keep 1 tab of it open and yet it loves to sign me out. Usually when I head to the Playstation Rewards Event page area. Just signs me out for no reason. So weird.

But like I was saying you just have to wait like 1-2 days and then you can re-do the quizzes you weren't signed in for. Helped me grab the 54 points I missed because I was signed out. Sitting at 660 like everyone else right now till we can get that last push in a few days :D

[quote name='Captain Urahara']I only keep 1 tab of it open and yet it loves to sign me out. Usually when I head to the Playstation Rewards Event page area. Just signs me out for no reason. So weird.

But like I was saying you just have to wait like 1-2 days and then you can re-do the quizzes you weren't signed in for. Helped me grab the 54 points I missed because I was signed out. Sitting at 660 like everyone else right now till we can get that last push in a few days :D[/QUOTE]
Much thanks man, I just went to check my polls and it turns out the two are now able to be done again. :)

[quote name='soliunasm']Much thanks man, I just went to check my polls and it turns out the two are now able to be done again. :)[/QUOTE]
No problem. Glad to help :D

bread's done
Back