Playstation Rewards program is back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONMAN999
Not that I condone cheating but... what are the answers to the quiz questions? Obviously I can't get on PSN right now so help would be great.
just view the results and follow what others are doing

Well you can't see the results without answering the question right? Idk, anyway I used my phone to answer the first question because I didn't do that one yet, and got the answer that way. Then logged in on my computer to answer and get credit. But its fair to ask for answers since psn is down.

Baseball videos
b.115

J. Fallon baseball movie
a. Fever Pitch

Last question has no wrong answer.

[quote name='Tsel']Would anyone be kind enough to take two pictures for me? LOL

I won't have access to my PS3 for a few days.[/QUOTE]

How many points are you at? You just need to eclipse 661 to get the game. If you're at 600 or so, you don't need any more photos.

[quote name='M3wThr33']How many points are you at? You just need to eclipse 661 to get the game. If you're at 600 or so, you don't need any more photos.[/QUOTE]

I'm at 600. I'd like to get as much points as possible. I'm just picky about these kinds of things lol.

If you run into the poll problem, just use a different browser. I noticed it signed me off when I did the polls, so I switched over and did them again. Worked fine.

This week's challenges went live and with that, I have surpassed the 661 and won myself a free copy of MLB 11: The Show. That was too easy.

I forgot to log in earlier this week and get some of those extra points, I'm at 300 and unless they have another half weeks worth of stuff to do after this, I'm probably going to be assed out by a few. Damn.

[quote name='femmebot33']Told ya so![/QUOTE]

I have one question, just curious. Do you get all three tier prizes or only the top tier? I mean, do I just get MLB 11: The Show, or do I get the $5 in Challenge of the Week tries along with it? Like I said, just curious.

[quote name='admiralvic']#2... I guess thats something =\[/QUOTE]
I'll lose my throne soon enough.

Edit: And now I'm #2. The leaderboard sure does act weird lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick question, even though the main blog post says you have to make 4 blog posts for 30 points each, are the points based off what is in the "My Party" section rather than in their post?

When do you usually get confirmation that you are getting a copy of mlb?

Also, after this ends, how much longer until a new prize is up for grabs?

[quote name='soliunasm']Quick question, even though the main blog post says you have to make 4 blog posts for 30 points each, are the points based off what is in the "My Party" section rather than in their post?[/QUOTE]

Just make a post about anything at the Party Central page. I made posts about what games people like.

You don't actually have to do what the challenges require you to do. For example, if it says you have to upload a picture of yourself playing MLB 11: The Show, you could upload a picture of your cat dressed up in a tuxedo and you'd still get the points.

[quote name='Tsel']You don't actually have to do what the challenges require you to do. For example, if it says you have to upload a picture of yourself playing MLB 11: The Show, you could upload a picture of your cat dressed up in a tuxedo and you'd still get the points.[/QUOTE]
Perfect. I think my points glitched on me and they gave me an extra couple points for some reason, so I can get the game even though I just joined on the second week. :D

Just got passed 661 cant wait to get the game! How long is this program and do you have to reapply every month? I've looked all over the website and can't find anything about the length of the program just the current month.

Just passed 661 myself. Nice to get a free game. Bring on the next one!!!

Essentially this is "Make some forum posts with other people in this program and get a free game each month" when ideally the plan was built around promoting a game through word of mouth....

[quote name='M3wThr33']Just passed 661 myself. Nice to get a free game. Bring on the next one!!!

Essentially this is "Make some forum posts with other people in this program and get a free game each month" when ideally the plan was built around promoting a game through word of mouth....[/QUOTE]

But we're posting about it here, and once we get our free games we'll likely play them, then talk about them/post about them, play them online, have friends over to play, etc.

They are getting advertising.. but it could be setup a lot better. I have ideas, but I won't suggest any, why give myself more work if I don't get more benefit?

[quote name='georox']But we're posting about it here, and once we get our free games we'll likely play them, then talk about them/post about them, play them online, have friends over to play, etc.

They are getting advertising.. but it could be setup a lot better. I have ideas, but I won't suggest any, why give myself more work if I don't get more benefit?[/QUOTE]

Generally speaking Sony gives out PR stuff easier than say Capcom. Sony doesn't lose much on these events either, or at least less than you think. For starters this gets users like us more use to how HouseParty works as a site. Beyond this you have to remember that more people playing will get good buzz.

As stated it could be done better, but I dont think it would matter. I wouldnt play MLB otherwise; now that I should (I got 990) this might end up with desire to buy 12+.

[quote name='admiralvic']Generally speaking Sony gives out PR stuff easier than say Capcom. Sony doesn't lose much on these events either, or at least less than you think. For starters this gets users like us more use to how HouseParty works as a site. Beyond this you have to remember that more people playing will get good buzz.

As stated it could be done better, but I dont think it would matter. I wouldnt play MLB otherwise; now that I should (I got 990) this might end up with desire to buy 12+.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I know they do. I also know how little it costs for them to press a few discs/ship them to people for first-party titles. I won't buy 12+, I don't like baseball, but I'll likely try it or let friends borrow it, and if they like it, they'll tell people/buy the game. I understand how it works, but I'm surprised they don't have people doing a bit more to earn it. More actual footwork, less sitting in front of a computer work.

Kind of regret ignoring this for so long. I'll be ready for the next round though! At least if there is a next round.

Not trying to beg or anything but if anyone gets the codes but doesn't have the game, I'll gladly take them off your hands.

[quote name='SkankButta']Has anyone ever been denied application in to this program?

I should have signed up earlier also.[/QUOTE]

I got completely stomped out on the first stage, the one that had PS Home stuff... sucks, I wanted that stuff.

Also, if I drink one more mountain dew slurpee I'm expecting to get diabetes.

[quote name='georox']I got completely stomped out on the first stage, the one that had PS Home stuff... sucks, I wanted that stuff.

Also, if I drink one more mountain dew slurpee I'm expecting to get diabetes.[/QUOTE]

What basis do they use for denying you? Is there something that I should be emphasizing in my application to make me look more appealing?

And lastly, about how long does it typically take for their decision?

Thanks guys. Free games are always good.

Once you're in the program you're in for the duration. I think the last one was 4(?) months. Typically at the end of the month you get an e-mail for a short survey, about 3min. Followed by another e-mail telling you what you qualified for with any digital content codes included. You'll get a reminder e-mail shortly after that telling you that the next months challenges are ready. When we get the new months challenges we find out what the new prizes are. The prize that gets mailed takes a few weeks and you may or may not get a shipping notice. This period doesn't end til May 8th

Not what I am hoping for, but I'm betting it's PS Move Heroes.

Every title has always been Move compatible and has had a demo available for download.

What newer demos are available for download (once PSN is back up) that are Move compatible, or which titles should have demos released soon. Assuming they will not be offering older games as a reward.

[quote name='smokey6']Not what I am hoping for, but I'm betting it's PS Move Heroes.

Every title has always been Move compatible and has had a demo available for download.

What newer demos are available for download (once PSN is back up) that are Move compatible, or which titles should have demos released soon. Assuming they will not be offering older games as a reward.[/QUOTE]
Could be Socom... that had a beta, uses move, is sony, poorly reviewed, and recently released.

[quote name='admiralvic']Could be Socom... that had a beta, uses move, is sony, poorly reviewed, and recently released.[/QUOTE]

That would be great if it is Socom. I know it got bad reviews but I definatley want to give it try, and for free would be awesome

[quote name='dabsac80']That would be great if it is Socom. I know it got bad reviews but I definatley want to give it try, and for free would be awesome[/QUOTE]

I played it and trust me even if you won it... youll be disappointed Y_Y. However its a good try and I respect it for that alone.

Maybe Top Spin 4? I don't know that Socom fits into House Party's usual demographic. Top Spin has a demo and utilizes the Move. The only thing I don't know (because I was too disappointed in losing out on actual party packs to bother with the online thing last year) is whether or not they just go for Sony-published games. If so, I could see it being PS Move Heroes, as smokey said.

[quote name='nbballard']dang- i forgot about this program. Good thing I don't really care about baseball games.[/QUOTE]

Good thing the baseball game giveaway ends next week, and there's a completely different game given away.

Tier Rewards
0 – 330 Points: $1 in MLB® 11 The Show™ Challenge of the Week tries

331 – 660 Points: $5 in MLB® 11 The Show™ Challenge of the Week tries

661 – 990 Points: MLB® 11 The Show™ game

...possible error?

The theme is May-Hem so the game is Probably Mayhem the arcade, comic book style racer rated e. Everything is supposed to reset today.

bread's done
Back