Playstation Rewards program is back!

The mystery item could just be whatever random thing gets pulled out of a crate of assorted coasters and keychains they're trying to unload. That's why they didn't get specific.

Very awesome of them - I REALLY hope this program makes a come back. By far the best rewards program I have ever participated in.

I didn't even realize I was still doing this....got these apparently:

Here’s what you’ll be getting:
• Uncharted 3 PS3 game*
• LittleBIGPlanet2 PS3 game**
• PlayStation® Collector’s Item***
• PlayStation® Koozie****

I thought I would point this out so were all on the same page... the 10 dollar statement means virtually nothing.

The LBP 2 bookends were 15.
The sackboy was 10.
The car charger was 10.
The multitool was 10. (though this was a surprisingly solid item)
The Pint Glasses were 10.
and the sun glasses were 5.

So end of the story is... I certainly think the car charger is worth less than 10 and the Pint glasses more. The sackboys retailed for like 12, so they're certainly worth more and no chance in hell anyone would pay 15 for the bookends.

I'm REALLY hoping it's Drake's necklace ring. It's the only thing I wanted from UC3's Collector's Edition and there's no way I'll pay eBay prices ($60) for one.

Nice. I actually missed tier 3 by a few points this month. Already have both games, but could always use a couple of extra birthday gifts.

I got the "Collect Your Prize" email but How do you collect the prize? The email doesn't say, and I'm not sure if I got any points this month. I think I did some polls the first week, but you can't see points anymore.

[quote name='entropic_soul']I got the "Collect Your Prize" email but How do you collect the prize? The email doesn't say, and I'm not sure if I got any points this month. I think I did some polls the first week, but you can't see points anymore.[/QUOTE]

You don't need to do anything, you just have to sit back and wait. The packges will arrive in the mail.

[quote name='entropic_soul']I got the "Collect Your Prize" email but How do you collect the prize? The email doesn't say, and I'm not sure if I got any points this month. I think I did some polls the first week, but you can't see points anymore.[/QUOTE]
The prizes will be automatically mailed to you, provided you gave them your info. They gave everyone who participated the Tier 3 prizes which is awesome.

I only hit ~900 points this month, so the prize announcement was fantastic.
I'm guessing more pint glasses for the "collector's item." That's what I'd _prefer_, anyway.

nice for everybody to get everything.
Not sure whether I want to keep LBP2, though. I have ZERO creativity, and while the platforming is cool, I already have some much in my backlog...

I'm actually pleasantly surprised we haven't had anyone complaining that they did everything to get to level 3 and it's unfair that everyone else gets the same thing as they do for doing less.

[quote name='Mugatu']I'm actually pleasantly surprised we haven't had anyone complaining that they did everything to get to level 3 and it's unfair that everyone else gets the same thing as they do for doing less.[/QUOTE]

Hehe. I got to Tier 3, but I'm just happy that they are being so generous. :grouphug:

[quote name='entropic_soul']How long does it take to get the stuff?[/QUOTE]

Usually you'd get the e-mail saying you'd won, then within a week an e-mail from Fedex with a tracking number.

However. as the program winds down the last few months have taken a bit longer. Just look out for the Fedex e-mail - after that it should only be a few days (the e-mail will tell you when to expect it).

Congrats on earning a great reward from PlayStation®

The Sony PlayStation® Online Rewards Program has been a smashing success, and that’s why we want to give you a special reward for your participation in March. This time around, no matter how many points you earned this month (1 point and above), EVERYONE will receive the best rewards package! It’s our way of saying thank you for blogging, posting pictures, answering polls and being a great member of the PlayStation® Online community.
Here’s what you’ll be getting:

• Uncharted 3 PS3 game*
  • LittleBIGPlanet2 PS3 game**
  • PlayStation® Collector’s Item***
  • PlayStation® Koozie****
Thanks for participating!

Well there you have it.

That's pretty awesome of them to give it to everyone in the program regardless. Honestly, before this program I had God of War III, FFXIII, LittleBigPlanet, inFAMOUS, and Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. I had no interest in building my PS3 collection, but now I have just about all of the exclusives I was interested in. Jak & Daxter HD, Gran Turismo 5 XL, Uncharted 3, LBP2, Resistance 1 & 2, MLB 12 The Show, and others.

Thanks House Party, Playstation Rewards, and everyone on this site who's helped either me or anyone else at any point. Cheers everyone!

[quote name='Player707']According to the description, the mysterious prize is worth $10, maybe it's another basketball and hoop?[/QUOTE]

That was worth 5... and as I posted on the other page every item with the exception of the poster (3), the hoop (5), The bookends (15) and the sunglasses (I think this is the last one and also 5), the items have been worth 10 dollars.

This means it could be another car charger like item... or another sackboy like item. In the end it could go either really high or really low lol.

[quote name='admiralvic']That was worth 5... and as I posted on the other page every item with the exception of the poster (3), the hoop (5), The bookends (15) and the sunglasses (I think this is the last one and also 5), the items have been worth 10 dollars.

This means it could be another car charger like item... or another sackboy like item. In the end it could go either really high or really low lol.[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping for a nice t-shirt.

[quote name='louiedog']That'd be nice, but they don't know my size.[/QUOTE]

They would probably go with the stereotypical XL size. I'd still wear it though since my muffin top is pretty bitchin'.

I stopped participating in this program a while ago when they started that House Party crap. Too bad I did cuz I would love to get a copy of Uncharted 3 and a vanilla copy of LBP2 just for doing one survey.

But as it stands I'd have to change my info in their system back since I changed it to Hermann Munster in Delaware a while ago.:lol:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I stopped participating in this program a while ago when they started that House Party crap. Too bad I did cuz I would love to get a copy of Uncharted 3 and a vanilla copy of LBP2 just for doing one survey.

But as it stands I'd have to change my info in their system back since I changed it to Hermann Munster in Delaware a while ago.:lol:[/QUOTE]

According to HP its the special edition with the DLC for LBP 2.

[quote name='admiralvic']According to HP its the special edition with the DLC for LBP 2.[/QUOTE]
Crap. That makes it even worse then, since I woulda likely given it to my one buddy so we could play co-op on two systems. I already finished the game on the special edition(that I traded that same buddies' nephew a sealed copy of :ps3:Rage and a pre-owned :360:Gears Of War 3 for), but it'd be nice to play some of the user created ones with friends.

Turns out, the Cheapest Gamer is someone else because you couldn't take a few minutes a week for a free game or two per month.

I kid of course. Too bad you missed out.

[quote name='Redeema']Turns out, the Cheapest Gamer is someone else because you couldn't take a few minutes a week for a free game or two per month.

I kid of course. Too bad you missed out.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. I didn't even think the Rewards program was still going on when I kept getting the emails for that House Party program.:whistle2:# I usually only game solo, so hosting a party was outta the question back when that was one of the requirements to win anything from the HP program.

But had I known this program was still going on(I was in the old, old Gamer's Advisory Panel thing back a while ago) and the prizes available for just doing a couple things I would've actually participated.:D

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Yeah. I didn't even think the Rewards program was still going on when I kept getting the emails for that House Party program.:whistle2:# I usually only game solo, so hosting a party was outta the question back when that was one of the requirements to win anything from the HP program.

But had I known this program was still going on(I was in the old, old Gamer's Advisory Panel thing back a while ago) and the prizes available for just doing a couple things I would've actually participated.:D[/QUOTE]

This is my first time hearing about Gamer's Advisory Panel. I wasn't a believer until i received the games at my door step. I made sure that I did all that I could to get the games etc. I even won copies of Madden 12 and NBA 2K12. Definitely an awesome program. I hope they bring it back.

I wondered why you weren't posting in this thread. I always see you posting on the other threads.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']This is my first time hearing about Gamer's Advisory Panel. I wasn't a believer until i received the games at my door step. I made sure that I did all that I could to get the games etc. I even won copies of Madden 12 and NBA 2K12. Definitely an awesome program. I hope they bring it back.

I wondered why you weren't posting in this thread. I always see you posting on the other threads.[/QUOTE]

You won copies of Madden 12 and NBA 2K12?!?!?!
Lucky stiff. I did not win either one, and you get both from the 2 drawings. Congrats!!

[quote name='WonkyToad']You won copies of Madden 12 and NBA 2K12?!?!?!
Lucky stiff. I did not win either one, and you get both from the 2 drawings. Congrats!![/QUOTE]

Thanks man! I'm extremely lucky I guess. There were people giving me shit because I won both titles. Maybe it was my support from twitter that allowed me to win. ;) I always thanked them, and gave them a shoutout when my prizes would arrive! What made the whole ordeal better is that I won the DLC fro 2K12 for free as well. Such a great feeling.

I was in GAP. I never received a welcome kit as promised, posted about it on the sony forums and got banned/kicked out. I did win a GAP hat in one of their contests though. I used to get disc demos, but they stopped after a year or two.

[quote name='slowdive21']I was in GAP. I never received a welcome kit as promised, posted about it on the sony forums and got banned/kicked out. I did win a GAP hat in one of their contests though. I used to get disc demos, but they stopped after a year or two.[/QUOTE]
I ended up getting some sort of binder with a Playstation branded pen(and paper with the Playstation name on it, an armband(sweatband variety) and a ticket to some New Year's Eve party in NYC in the early 2000's all in a Playstation branded paper bag at seperate times from the GAP program. Not to mention I also received the mailed demos like you did(playing the Hydra battle on the God Of War demo was insanely awesome).

But if I received 10 emails since they switched over or merged the GAP program with the Playstation Rewards one it's a miracle. I still get the Playstation Store update emails every week and I even get Sony Rewards emails(from my Capital One Sony card). But not a single one from this rewards program.:whistle2:#

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I ended up getting some sort of binder with a Playstation branded pen(and paper with the Playstation name on it, an armband(sweatband variety) and a ticket to some New Year's Eve party in NYC in the early 2000's all in a Playstation branded paper bag at seperate times from the GAP program. Not to mention I also received the mailed demos like you did(playing the Hydra battle on the God Of War demo was insanely awesome).

But if I received 10 emails since they switched over or merged the GAP program with the Playstation Rewards one it's a miracle. I still get the Playstation Store update emails every week and I even get Sony Rewards emails(from my Capital One Sony card). But not a single one from this rewards program.:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

That was the last good demo they sent! I played though it and was really impressed. I got kicked out shorty after for "not participating in surveys", though I filled out everyone they would send.

I'm surprised I'm still on PSN at this point, since every time there was a FW update that added nothing gaming related to the PS3 I would log onto their blog site and chime in about all the lil whiners wanting cross game chat and use some close to objectionable language for their site.:lol:

I still get annoyed by the fluff updates, but it seems like anymore they download/install faster, so it's not quite that annoying now.

Cross-game chat was pretty close to being done, last I knew, but then came the PSN hack and a LOT of stuff got taken off of the table.
Along with background installs of patches.

But I haven't had access to that info in over a year.

The updates do suck so much and it looks like Sony has no idea how to do them differently.

After the last Xbox Live dashboard update and MS cramming more and more ads everywhere I'm getting more and more on to the PSN than before.

I honestly don't even see the point in cross game chat. But then again, when I'm playing a game I usually focus intently on it and I end up ignoring regular messages 9 times outta 10 from my friends on PSN while playing.

So I could only imagine how annoyed I'd be if someone kept sending me an invite to voice chat while I'm in the middle of a game.

As it stands, some of my friends were sending me BF3 invites every other day when they were playing mp as a joke, even though I got rid of the game after I played through about 40-50% of the single player and got annoyed with an almost 1gig patch that did little to nothing for single player.

I asked about what the collector's item would be, but was told they haven't received confirmation as to what it will be, but it won't be leftover prizes at least.

Cross-Game Chat is useful when I'm with more than three friends in a party and we're playing different games. One friend may be playing Madden while we're playing a shooter game or something. If PS3 had that and a decent party system, we'd probably migrate over.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I'm surprised I'm still on PSN at this point, since every time there was a FW update that added nothing gaming related to the PS3 I would log onto their blog site and chime in about all the lil whiners wanting cross game chat and use some close to objectionable language for their site.:lol:

I still get annoyed by the fluff updates, but it seems like anymore they download/install faster, so it's not quite that annoying now.[/QUOTE]

For insulting them you have my praise.:D

[quote name='hk1200']Cross-Game Chat is useful when I'm with more than three friends in a party and we're playing different games. One friend may be playing Madden while we're playing a shooter game or something. If PS3 had that and a decent party system, we'd probably migrate over.[/QUOTE]
That's what confuses me though. If you're playing different games, then what's the point in chatting via a voice chat option? I could see if you were playing as a squad on a BF or COD game or something, since then you could strategize. But if it's just to sit there n bullshit while playing seperate games, I just don't see a point to it.

Besides which, the PS3 honestly needed to have more internal memory and it takes a bit to load into the XMB as it is while in a game. So I could only imagine if they actually made cross game chat on there. The system would probably bog down and/or crash.:whistle2:#

bread's done
Back