$10 OFF Purchase of Any 2 Videogames COUPONS in TARGET Holiday Toys Catalog

FatBoyInside

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
The annual Holiday Toys Catalog should be making its way into Target B&M soon. However, Target online is nice (or foolhardy) enough to make the coupons within available for printing directly here:

http://sites.target.com/images/2009HolidayCoupons/holiday_coupons_print.html

There are 3 videogame-related coupons on pages 5 & 6 (EXPIRES 11/25 - day before Thanksgiving):

:360: $10 OFF PURCHASE OF ANY 2 XBOX 360 GAMES

:ps3::psp: $10 OFF PURCHASE OF ANY 2 PS3 or PSP GAMES

:wii::ds: $10 OFF PURCHASE OF ANY 2 WII or DS GAMES PURCHASE

Remember, you can also check the endcap aisle by the Toy Dept. or at the front cashier stations for the actual Toy Catalog. Good luck!
FYI, there are no price restrictions, works on clearance games, and stacks with the current Wii B2G1 promotion (exp. 11/07). Happy hunting !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Masterkyo']The coupon work out perfectly. I bought 3 DS games last week come back to the store today & ask for price adjustment. The customer service gimme $10 cash back :) Also, picked up Lego Batman (PSP) Sega genessis Collection (PSP) for $11.XX after taxes :) Go back later this week with old receipt to get more $10 off ;)[/QUOTE]

except they have to be on the same reciept. not gonna work

no problems getting them to PM a receipt with the coupon. At first she was like, "Do you have the games?" I said, "No, but you have them here and mine are in the car..." I guess she was new so she had to call a manager over. That manager gave her a spiel (like she was telling me at the same time) about how to do it and if she pressed the button, it either worked or it didn't! I thought to myself, it better work!! Suddenly the drawer popped open and I got $10 cash!

[quote name='VipFREAK']It says void if copied? oh... fail. They won't take it here then. :cough: pts card coupon :cough:[/QUOTE]

Its a web coupon though, I think it means photocopies.

I just used it (literally 20 minutes ago) at my local on two clearance titles (Endwar and Fable III), grand total: $20 after coupon (both were 14.98).

Also, if anyone is looking for Fallout GOTY, at least at my Target they had the regular version on clearance for 27.98 and the Broken Steel pack for 9.98. So, you'd basically get part of the GOTY version for 30. Im not sure how much the other DLCs are, but I imagine it can be worked out to be under retail of GOTY.

Can confirm coupon works with clearance games, picked up 2 DS games for $6.xx after the $10.00 coupon discount. Games were originally $30 each! Not too shabby.

[quote name='spacegundam0079']Thanks to the Op I scored GH Metallica 360 ( 2 copies ) for a grand total of $10 , Two $5 off coupons and the $10 off any 2 360 games + Clearence = Gold ![/QUOTE]

How much were they clearance for at your Target? I've generally seen them on here being listed as $29.98 clearance, so with the coupon and those two additional coupons it would have been $40 + tax on the math. Was it cheaper than that?

fun times
all wii
3 Bloom Box
2 pirates
1 Luxor
all $14.99/.98

buy 2 get one minus 3 coupons = $6 each...:lol:

[quote name='CaoPi']I have a feeling these will be altered remember when Target had the $5 off any toy coupon? Every register had display warnings about the coupon[/QUOTE]

That was only because Target's system took $5 off ANY $25 purchase, not just toy purchases. These game coupons clearly only work for the games they are specified to work for. I don't think these will be altered anytime soon.

[quote name='sleepy180']anyone got any good flips to gamestop. Gotta pay off that MW2 elite console i got preordered.[/QUOTE]

If you ask me, fuckstop has people who watch the Target clearance. It just seems too much coincidence to me that as soon as a game hits Target Clearance, it goes down to near zero value for trade-ins. I doubt any of what's out there will be good for flips.

I've tried in the past, and finding something to earn a dollar or two on trade-ins isn't worth your time. In most occassions I was better off just leaving those games right where they were, as I've begun to hate Ebay.

[quote name='dragonjud']If you ask me, fuckstop has people who watch the Target clearance. It just seems too much coincidence to me that as soon as a game hits Target Clearance, it goes down to near zero value for trade-ins. I doubt any of what's out there will be good for flips. [/QUOTE]

Is it possible, people buy off of Target Clearance, then flip them at GameStop. GameStop gets a flood of the game due to this and then lower the trade-in value?

[quote name='dragonjud']If you ask me, fuckstop has people who watch the Target clearance. It just seems too much coincidence to me that as soon as a game hits Target Clearance, it goes down to near zero value for trade-ins. I doubt any of what's out there will be good for flips.

I've tried in the past, and finding something to earn a dollar or two on trade-ins isn't worth your time. In most occassions I was better off just leaving those games right where they were, as I've begun to hate Ebay.[/QUOTE]

Its not only GS but on ebay as well, so if your thinking of flipping for quick cash it won't work, as you will lose money. For GS, its probably because they are so close to Target, I know of a couple GS's here that are in the same shopping plaza's as Target and one that is just down the road from Target. I mean seriously, around here you can't go far from the GS without finding a Target.

I wouldn't even be surprised to learn that GS gets notified when Target is putting a game on clearance so they can adjust trade values accordingly.

As soon as a game goes on Target clearance, a flood of the same game show up on ebay, most of the time at a lower price than my Target has it. My Target is horrible with clearance games, most are priced above what I can pay elsewhere for them. Cheapest games I have seen recently have been 13.98 or so.

This is good for me because then I can just go on ebay and buy the game at a lower price plus I get cashback and whatnot from using ebay.

What I'm interested in is what happens when you return a game from the B2G1 Free, and had used the 10$ off coupon. My receipt seems to indicate that the coupon does not figure into the return value of the game. I have a receipt where I bought 2 DS games and used a coupon and their return value indicates 5$ less than the buy price, which makes sense, but the Wii games show the price without the 10$ decrease.

[quote name='detectiveconan16']Nice, but I don't have a desire to buy video games at Target...
If only there were also a PS2 coupon, maybe...[/QUOTE]

If you aren't buying clearance games at Target then you are the one missing out. You can be an elitist prick all you want, the better the selection for those of us in the know.:booty:

[quote name='dragonjud']If you ask me, fuckstop has people who watch the Target clearance. It just seems too much coincidence to me that as soon as a game hits Target Clearance, it goes down to near zero value for trade-ins. I doubt any of what's out there will be good for flips.

I've tried in the past, and finding something to earn a dollar or two on trade-ins isn't worth your time. In most occassions I was better off just leaving those games right where they were, as I've begun to hate Ebay.[/QUOTE]

In my opinion, I think there is actually a very good, non-conspiracy theory, reason why this is. The games that Target clearance are most often due to poor sales of a game, a MSRP being reduced in the near future, or that title is being replaced out with an updated version. Like When L4D went on clearance and the GOTY version came out. Or when SF4 went on clearance, the MSRP dropped soon afterward and then it was announced the turbo edition was dropping soon.

In the case of the new Bionic Commando it just wasn't selling well, so the game goes on clearance, soon afterward the MSRP drops, and with the lack of sales figures the game doesn't sell well used, reducing trade in value.

I don't think it's suspicious at all.

Guys you're all missing the best part of these coupons - Scrabble Slam for FREE! Seriously, that and the Xbox coupon are awesome.

[quote name='enigmahfc']Guys you're all missing the best part of these coupons - Scrabble Slam for FREE![/QUOTE]

Is that the card game thing? It's free after a coupon? That sounds worth picking up.

I just picked up Wolverine 360 (29.99) and Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs 360 (12.49) for a total of $45, after the coupon, $35. Ice age trades for $9.25 at GS, for a profit on the game. Great coupon all around. Both the games were clearance and there was no problem using the coupon.

omega

Question, i heard people have used this coupon on reciepts of older game purchases to get money back. I was just curious whats the time limit on that? 30 days? If so then i think iv got a few reciepts i could get atleast 30 dollars back on. (Different stores)

Yeah....hoping the Targets i just went to last week still has a decent selection (Saw 3+ Fable 2's for 20, Call of Juarez:BIB for 15, Guitar Hero WT for 15, and Guitar Hero Metallica for 20), might pay for my Call of Duty reserves

[quote name='dgwillia006']Question, i heard people have used this coupon on reciepts of older game purchases to get money back. I was just curious whats the time limit on that? 30 days? If so then i think iv got a few reciepts i could get atleast 30 dollars back on. (Different stores)[/QUOTE]

I think all targets have a 90 day rtn policy. If they deny you, buy the game and return it with the old receipt. You can even tell them that so they are motivated.

[quote name='omeggy']I just picked up Wolverine 360 (29.99) and Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs 360 (12.49) for a total of $45, after the coupon, $35. Ice age trades for $9.25 at GS, for a profit on the game. Great coupon all around. Both the games were clearance and there was no problem using the coupon.

omega[/QUOTE]

You probably don't want to know this, but Ice Age trades for $20.83 at GameCrazy...(more with MVP!)

(Granted, most stores it comes up $0 (like a few others like Space Chimps and Dark Spire DS), but as long as you're insistant that you saw it on the iPhone app (or better, have one to bring!) then they can either call up and get the value (relatively quick) or update their systems (can take 20-30 minutes)).

I was just in Target today and i could barely find 2 Wii games that i wanted. If this stacks, i will just pick something else and deal with it. I will also try it for the 360 clearance. I will report back later

[quote name='enigmahfc']Guys you're all missing the best part of these coupons - Scrabble Slam for FREE! Seriously, that and the Xbox coupon are awesome.[/QUOTE]

Yes, Scrabble Slam or Monopoly Deal is free, but you have to buy Scrabble Deluxe Diamond Edition or Monopoly City game. So you have to buy a $30+ item to get the card game for free.....not that awesome.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']Does the coupon have a UPC bar code on it, or does it just say "buy 2 Xbox 360/PS3/Wii games get $10 off "?[/QUOTE]

Seriously? You can look at the coupons yourself, right now

i just bought 2 copies of UP for the ps3 for 9.98 a piece minus the 10.00 coupon came out to 10.78 for both. I'm just gonna resell them on ebay. They go for like 20-25 dlvd a piece new.

[quote name='jacknicklson']Seriously? You can look at the coupons yourself, right now[/QUOTE]

I already went to the link, that's why I posted my question. All it says for each specific console game is "buy 2 get $10 off". It does NOT show a UPC bar code, and that is why I asked.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']I already went to the link, that's why I posted my question. All it says for each specific console game is "buy 2 get $10 off". It does NOT show a UPC bar code, and that is why I asked.[/QUOTE]

The bar code is there, you just have to print the coupon. You'll probably have to install the coupon app they suggest or else you can't print it.

[quote name='zhirin']The bar code is there, you just have to print the coupon. You'll probably have to install the coupon app they suggest or else you can't print it.[/QUOTE]

Install?? DO NOT WANT!

Can anyone paste teh coupon fo rth e Ps3 one?
Someone posted a site with a PDF of the coupons, but you need to register to download the it.

[quote name='WTFer']Install?? DO NOT WANT!

Can anyone paste teh coupon fo rth e Ps3 one?
Someone posted a site with a PDF of the coupons, but you need to register to download the it.[/QUOTE]

Why don't you just go three aisles over to the toy section once you get to the store and grab a copy of the coupon while you are there? I mean, you kind of have to go to the store to use it anyway...

Weird, you didn't have to install anything in the last few days but I see today they've changed it around. Too many coupons floating around possibly?

Yeah, the Target site is laid out differently now and the coupons now require the coupon printer software. I print grocery coupons all the time; no negative effect to installing this thing as far as i know. If this was an attempt to control how many times you can print, they must be doing a crappy job, because I just printed like 5 or 6 sets.

With this new layout, the game coupons are on pages 5 and 6.

[quote name='zhirin']The bar code is there, you just have to print the coupon. You'll probably have to install the coupon app they suggest or else you can't print it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I was just doing ctrl + print screen.

Unless I missed something, can't you just print them from this post?
[quote name='Shrapnellistic']Just copy and paste in word for how many you need.

10ofps3psp.jpg

10ofwiids.jpg

10ofx360.jpg
[/QUOTE]

bread's done
Back