$10 OFF Purchase of Any 2 Videogames COUPONS in TARGET Holiday Toys Catalog

FatBoyInside

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
The annual Holiday Toys Catalog should be making its way into Target B&M soon. However, Target online is nice (or foolhardy) enough to make the coupons within available for printing directly here:

http://sites.target.com/images/2009HolidayCoupons/holiday_coupons_print.html

There are 3 videogame-related coupons on pages 5 & 6 (EXPIRES 11/25 - day before Thanksgiving):

:360: $10 OFF PURCHASE OF ANY 2 XBOX 360 GAMES

:ps3::psp: $10 OFF PURCHASE OF ANY 2 PS3 or PSP GAMES

:wii::ds: $10 OFF PURCHASE OF ANY 2 WII or DS GAMES PURCHASE

Remember, you can also check the endcap aisle by the Toy Dept. or at the front cashier stations for the actual Toy Catalog. Good luck!
FYI, there are no price restrictions, works on clearance games, and stacks with the current Wii B2G1 promotion (exp. 11/07). Happy hunting !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just used the coupon to pick up 3 Wii games in the B2G1 with some Target gift cards I had.

I didn't go the Slickdeals route of buying 6 games and using three coupons, but the guy working electronics was telling a lady who was looking to buy a single game as a gift about the Buy 6 strategy, so I guess they don't have a problem with that method at this particular Target.

Question though, when they use this coupon, do they actually scan it? Or can they use the code also. I remember my coupon had some strange issue where it kept messing up the barcode, and the Manager was being a jerk (Apparently someone cheated his store out of 300+ dollars during that Microsoft point card deal), and kept saying "No scan, no deal". Wouldnt know if it made a difference since this is actually a web coupon.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Question though, when they use this coupon, do they actually scan it? Or can they use the code also. I remember my coupon had some strange issue where it kept messing up the barcode, and the Manager was being a jerk (Apparently someone cheated his store out of 300+ dollars during that Microsoft point card deal), and kept saying "No scan, no deal". Wouldnt know if it made a difference since this is actually a web coupon.[/QUOTE]

They actually scanned mine. No idea if there's a manual entry for it. They probably couldn't enter the web code, but they might be able to manually enter the numbers under the bar code.

[quote name='kodave']Just used the coupon to pick up 3 Wii games in the B2G1 with some Target gift cards I had.

I didn't go the Slickdeals route of buying 6 games and using three coupons, but the guy working electronics was telling a lady who was looking to buy a single game as a gift about the Buy 6 strategy, so I guess they don't have a problem with that method at this particular Target.[/QUOTE]

Just Curious...do you have Target stock?
Since you posted on Best Buys forum website last week...

Did you write Target to alert them about using coupon(s) on wii games?

Oops probably not, since you have Target gift cards to spend and used a coupon on top of the Buy 2 get 1... I guess Target intended the coupon to be used on top of this deal...

[quote name='dgwillia006']Question though, when they use this coupon, do they actually scan it? Or can they use the code also. I remember my coupon had some strange issue where it kept messing up the barcode, and the Manager was being a jerk (Apparently someone cheated his store out of 300+ dollars during that Microsoft point card deal), and kept saying "No scan, no deal". Wouldnt know if it made a difference since this is actually a web coupon.[/QUOTE]

yes they scan it...used the same coupon varies times...even gave some other people copies of the coupons...

[quote name='donut']Just Curious...do you have Target stock?

Oops probably not, since you have Target gift cards to spend and used a coupon on top of the Buy 2 get 1... I guess Target intended the coupon to be used on top of this deal...[/QUOTE]

lol!!!...he has to talk to his shareholders first...and if there not making any money...then he'll post his "concerns"...but thats after he uses the coupons...

[quote name='mkernan']Yeah, the Target site is laid out differently now and the coupons now require the coupon printer software. I print grocery coupons all the time; no negative effect to installing this thing as far as i know. If this was an attempt to control how many times you can print, they must be doing a crappy job, because I just printed like 5 or 6 sets.

With this new layout, the game coupons are on pages 5 and 6.[/QUOTE]

ive been using the same copy since i found out about this...ive probably used it like....4/5 times...i thought they would take the coupon and throw it away but they give it right back to me....i've even gave away some extra copies i have

Oops probably not, since you have Target gift cards to spend and used a coupon on top of the Buy 2 get 1... I guess Target intended the coupon to be used on top of this deal...[/QUOTE]

:applause:

Well, if you're want to derail this thread - then okay.

I didn't notify Best Buy of anything - they already knew. Multiple people reported store managers knowing about the glitch, and those people said store managers notified the higher ups. What about that don't you understand? Additionally, there's no legal recourse Best Buy could take against anyone who took advantage of the glitch. Once money exchanges hands for products, that's it. At the time, they just could have refused the sale or done a manual override to make the computer conform to the terms of the B2G1. At best, they could refuse to do exchanges for people trying to swap games out of the glitch, or refuse returns without the whole package. You're stupid if you think otherwise.

I just wanted to know why they fail to program their cash registers correctly and lose money in the process. And its not like my post killed the deal for anyone. I posted it on Friday afternoon 1 day before the sale ended, and clearly the glitch worked where it was going to work until closing that Saturday.

I was never opposed to anyone taking advantage of the deals at all, because at best, its a moral gray area. Hell, I did it with the DS B2G1 and I would have done it if I wanted anything high value this past time. Mostly, it's the store's own fault. I was merely trying to get an answer from Best Buy about why their programmers are dumb and why they don't care about losing money in such a big part of their business. Sure its not the same as buying a major appliance or big screen TV from them, but video gaming is a $11.7 billion dollar industry that many stores are trying to get a piece of, and stores like Best Buy goes out of their way to try to attract gamers to their store instead of others to spend that money. If video game profits didn't matter to Best Buy, there would be no pre-order bonuses, no extras, no Gamers Reward Zone stuff.

Secondly, yeah, Target probably didn't intend to let the coupons stack like this, but its their own fault for not putting better fine print on the coupons if they weren't going to program their cash registers better.

Look at it like this, if you take maximum effect of the deal at Target with the coupons and B2G1, you buy 6 $50 games. B2G1 makes your total $200. Then you get $30 off. That brings your total to $170, excluding tax. That makes each game $28.33 each. That's a 43.3% discount on each game.

All Target intended with this B2G1 was a 33.3% loss on each game. So really, in the worst of scenarios, they're only losing 10% more than planned. On the flip side, they're making somewhat big sales and moving a variety of merchandise, for whatever moving merchandise is worth.

Compare that with Best Buy, where you could in some cases, buy two $5 games and get a $60 game for free. That's an 85.7% loss on the collective merchandise. If someone bought two $10 games and a $60 game for free, that's a 75% loss on the merchandise. If you consider the cheap games trash and worth nothing (for the sake of this argument), then its still a 83.3% loss on the $60 game if you spent $10, and a 66.6% if you spent $20 for the $60 game. Best Buy also only intended to lose 33.3% on each game sold, but with the glitch they lost anywhere from 52.4% to 33.3% more than they planned, with high end merchandise walking out of the store for almost free and only shit like Rock Revolution going with it.

Target loses 15% of the intended transaction (if coupons shouldn't have been eligible on a 6 x $50 B2G1), and Best Buy loses up to 92% of what the transaction should have been (compared to if if the B2G1 on a 5-5-60 game combo had worked right).

So yeah, its not great Target is losing that extra 10% per game, but its not anywhere near as bad as the glitch that Best Buy allowed to continue - and that was the 2nd time Best Buy did it. Target's situation is just unfortunate timing with coupon stacking, because unlike Best Buy, they programmed their registers to ring up the B2G1 deal correctly. And as far as I know, Target doesn't have a web forum like Best Buy does where Best Buy employees will respond to you. I doubt either company reads and/or answers the volume of email they're likely to receive.

And again - I'm not opposed to any of this at all and have participated in it myself, unless people are committing fraud and doing shit like returning the free games to somewhere like Walmart without a receipt.

[quote name='kodave']Well, if you're want to derail this thread - then okay.

I didn't notify Best Buy of anything - they already knew. Multiple people reported store managers knowing about the glitch, and those people said store managers notified the higher ups. What about that don't you understand? Additionally, there's no legal recourse Best Buy could take against anyone who took advantage of the glitch. Once money exchanges hands for products, that's it. At the time, they just could have refused the sale or done a manual override to make the computer conform to the terms of the B2G1. At best, they could refuse to do exchanges for people trying to swap games out of the glitch, or refuse returns without the whole package. You're stupid if you think otherwise.

I just wanted to know why they fail to program their cash registers correctly and lose money in the process. And its not like my post killed the deal for anyone. I posted it on Friday afternoon 1 day before the sale ended, and clearly the glitch worked where it was going to work until closing that Saturday.

I was never opposed to anyone taking advantage of the deals at all, because at best, its a moral gray area. Hell, I did it with the DS B2G1 and I would have done it if I wanted anything high value this past time. Mostly, it's the store's own fault. I was merely trying to get an answer from Best Buy about why their programmers are dumb and why they don't care about losing money in such a big part of their business. Sure its not the same as buying a major appliance or big screen TV from them, but video gaming is a $11.7 billion dollar industry that many stores are trying to get a piece of, and stores like Best Buy goes out of their way to try to attract gamers to their store instead of others to spend that money. If video game profits didn't matter to Best Buy, there would be no pre-order bonuses, no extras, no Gamers Reward Zone stuff.

Secondly, yeah, Target probably didn't intend to let the coupons stack like this, but its their own fault for not putting better fine print on the coupons if they weren't going to program their cash registers better.

Look at it like this, if you take maximum effect of the deal at Target with the coupons and B2G1, you buy 6 $50 games. B2G1 makes your total $200. Then you get $30 off. That brings your total to $170, excluding tax. That makes each game $28.33 each. That's a 43.3% discount on each game.

All Target intended with this B2G1 was a 33.3% loss on each game. So really, in the worst of scenarios, they're only losing 10% more than planned. On the flip side, they're making somewhat big sales and moving a variety of merchandise, for whatever moving merchandise is worth.

Compare that with Best Buy, where you could in some cases, buy two $5 games and get a $60 game for free. That's an 85.7% loss on the collective merchandise. If someone bought two $10 games and a $60 game for free, that's a 75% loss on the merchandise. If you consider the cheap games trash and worth nothing (for the sake of this argument), then its still a 83.3% loss on the $60 game if you spent $10, and a 66.6% if you spent $20 for the $60 game. Best Buy also only intended to lose 33.3% on each game sold, but with the glitch they lost anywhere from 52.4% to 33.3% more than they planned, with high end merchandise walking out of the store for almost free and only shit like Rock Revolution going with it.

Target loses 15% of the intended transaction (if coupons shouldn't have been eligible on a 6 x $50 B2G1), and Best Buy loses up to 92% of what the transaction should have been (compared to if if the B2G1 on a 5-5-60 game combo had worked right).

So yeah, its not great Target is losing that extra 10% per game, but its not anywhere near as bad as the glitch that Best Buy allowed to continue - and that was the 2nd time Best Buy did it. Target's situation is just unfortunate timing with coupon stacking, because unlike Best Buy, they programmed their registers to ring up the B2G1 deal correctly. And as far as I know, Target doesn't have a web forum like Best Buy does where Best Buy employees will respond to you. I doubt either company reads and/or answers the volume of email they're likely to receive.

And again - I'm not opposed to any of this at all and have participated in it myself, unless people are committing fraud and doing shit like returning the free games to somewhere like Walmart without a receipt.[/QUOTE]
:applause::applause:

And again - I'm not opposed to any of this at all and have participated in it myself, unless people are committing fraud and doing shit like returning the free games to somewhere like Walmart without a receipt.[/QUOTE]

I admit....i did that with the free game i got from the Toys R Us sale, but i only did it because the Manager gyped me out of Magna Carta 2 (She was susposed to hold it for me, but ended up selling it to a friend or something), so i had to return the free game (Which was Brutal Legends, which i had brought 2 of), to Best Buy and traded for Magna Carta 2.

blah, blah, blah (you say potato I say "potahto")

... but hey! it's different because Target isn't losing as much... and you have Target gift certificates to spend!

.... a hypocrite is a hypocrite is a hypocrite...

[quote name='donut']blah, blah, blah (you say potato I say "potahto")

... but hey! it's different because Target isn't losing as much... and you have Target gift certificates to spend!

.... a hypocrite is a hypocrite is a hypocrite...[/QUOTE]

I really can't believe this guy... and you are so right.

I didn't notify Best Buy of anything - they already knew. Multiple people reported store managers knowing about the glitch, and those people said store managers notified the higher ups. What about that don't you understand? Additionally, there's no legal recourse Best Buy could take against anyone who took advantage of the glitch.

Compare that with Best Buy, where you could in some cases, buy two $5 games and get a $60 game for free. [/QUOTE]

Sorry if I am "ignerant", ;) but this is the first time I heard about the "Best Buy Glitch". What exactly did I miss? :cry:

Back on Topic:

Cannot find any 2 $9.98 to $14.98 :360: games to use the coupon with at my Targets. :cry::cry::cry::cry:

I took advantage of the $10 off 2 and the B2G1 wii sale. I had to go to 3 stores to find the :wii: combination i wanted (Because apparently, there is someone out there buying multiples of the same game). They didnt have anything worth buying on the clearance rack. In the end i got Bioshock :360: and Burnout Paradise :360: for $30 bucks total (I never played either of em before) and Rabbids go Home :wii: Mario Kart w/ racing wheel :wii: and Wii Sports Resort w/ motion plus :wii: for $90 bucks total. Not a bad day of shopping :D.

**Edit in...Thanks to the people who reposted the coupons.

I'm surprised that Target hasn't shut this down.. with the B2g1 free on wii games... but oh well.

hoping to get some tomorrow when I can get access to two Targets.

first off thank OP for the heads up but I picked up UP:ps3: and lego indy :psp: and what seems like the last 2 clearance ds games, n traded em in to play n trade and got dragon age origins all for the measly sum of 13 bucks can't beat that at all.
I will be definetly taking advantage of this until it ends.
Also the clerk had to call a manager to ask if I could use a web coupon in store, lol, idiot, I told him that it is in the toy catalog. :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::whee:

[quote name='Siberkat']Sorry if I am "ignerant", ;) but this is the first time I heard about the "Best Buy Glitch". What exactly did I miss? :cry:

Back on Topic:

Cannot find any 2 $9.98 to $14.98 :360: games to use the coupon with at my Targets. :cry::cry::cry::cry:[/QUOTE]

dude...where have u been???

the BB computers have/HAD a "glitch"...the 2nd game WAS free no matter what the price...people bought rock revolutions ($5.99) as the 1st and 3rd game scanned...the 2nd one came free....people paid 10.xx or so for brand new $60 games...

keep lookin out for clearance games...but i did find midnight club LA for 20.xx

[quote name='2sday']Alright, I know the coupon works on clearance games... but does the B2G1 apply to clearance games as well?[/QUOTE]

Yep, Wii games only in the B2G1F though.

CAGs, this is why you ALWAYS keep your receipt. I just return/rebought 6 ds games that I purchased a week and a half ago. Got $30 cash returned to me. :D

Sorry if its been mentioned already, but theres a better flip than ice Age(360) to be had. They had Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs(PS3) at one of the Targets I went to for $13.98 each before coupon and GameCrazy gives $20.98 credit for it. Your turning roughly $19(with tax) into roughly $42. pretty good flip.

I however was a dumbass and only printed 360 coupons. -_-

I ended up flipping 4 Ice Ages and 2 Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs all together, though I didnt use a coupon on the Cloudys.

$12.98
$12.98
$12.98
$12.98
$13.98
$13.98
-$20

traded in for roughly $106

:)

Ice Age(360) trades in for $16 credit at GameCrazy. Also warning for anyone that stumbles across End of War(360) and plans on trading it in..it goes for $13.98 at Target and you only get $5 credit at GameCrazy and $4 at Gamestop. :/

For any CAG who wants to make last minute flips

Buy 3x Fifa Soccer 09 All-Play ($15 a copy)
3x Littlest Pet Shop ($15 a copy)

With the B2G1F sale, that should come out to $60. Factor in 3x 10 dollar off coupons, and you'll get $30 plus tax.

At Amazon, each copy of Fifa flips for $9, and Littlest Pet Shop flips for $10, totaling $57.

$57 - ($30+tax) = profit.

No luck for me...tried two Target's in my area and the uh...selection was lacking to say the least. Trying to find two Wii games, let alone 6 to take advantage of three coupons, didn't pan out.

Kind of confused on TARGET's clearance rack as well...everything on it was MSRP. I'm not sure I understand that concept.

[quote name='dthreatz']why aren't people using this for new games?[/QUOTE]

u can but if u buy clearances games...say 10.xx x 2 = 20.xx....and use the $10 off coupon...basically ur gettin a free game...

plus someone hasnt found a glitch in there system yet...

*ahem..BB*

[quote name='dthreatz']why aren't people using this for new games?[/QUOTE]

Well it's not that great of a deal for brand new games. For example, buy 2 $60 games and it's only $5 off each game. Buy 2 $10 games and it becomes much more appetizing.

Anyone know how much the original Cooking Mama is instores? Also any other cheap worthwhile DS games? I already bought a bunch of games from all the recent B1G1 sales and can only get some nice cheapie games now. D:

Super smash bros, Zelda Tp, animal crossing, mario galaxy, Mario kart, and Mario party ...$180 with the b2g1+3 coupons....funny part is I don't owe a wii

[quote name='KingDox']Damn, I have no printer at home. It looks like I'll have to print this out at work on Monday.[/QUOTE]

The stores also have the coupons in their toys ad. Might ask around for one at your local location. I saw a stack sitting at the electrics counter today.

used the coupon twice so far and both times the cashier read the fine print for at least five minutes. i had one today attempt to deny me because it was "photo copied". i need to start grabbing some of those store ads.

Thanks guys. Somehow, you all got me addicted to flipping again. Raided all the local Targets today, grabbed 10 games for $65...Going to flip them to GS and pay for MW2 and Dragon Age. Thank you, thank you. You made a minimum-wage worker feel happy again. But about the trip. I had no problems at all with employees scanning the coupons. The four Targets I used them at scanned them in without hassle.

Height of the day, likely getting Dragonball Evolution (bleh) and Indiana Jones for the PSP for 5.50 or so. Other than that...Probably the two copies of Chance of Meatballs for the GS flip. Nice $8 profit on each copy.

Thank you all again, I hope to see you in MW2 this coming weekend.

[quote name='ghozt']used the coupon twice so far and both times the cashier read the fine print for at least five minutes. i had one today attempt to deny me because it was "photo copied". i need to start grabbing some of those store ads.[/QUOTE]

That sucks. I used it for the buy 2 wii games get one free sale and the guy didn't even read it. I said "Can I use this?" and he just scanned it and then said "yep, I guess so".

I'm gonna swing into Target on the 10th and pick up Rabbids Go Home & Phantasy Star Zero.

I"m hoping PS0 is in stores on the 10th anyway.

[quote name='ajh2298']How much are you guys getting Skate 2(360) for, I think its still marked $27.98 at my store?[/QUOTE]

$19.98 here.

Has anyone tried it on the game cards?

Technically, they are games... although I doubt they'd be too keen on handing out games for free that way.

anyone else having an error come up when you try to print the coupon saying ur browser isn't supported for printing? I've tried Chrome, Firefox, and IE 8 but still nothing

bread's done
Back