Battlefield 3- Premium announced; 4 new expansions

Yesterday I had some crazy kills with the claymore. At one point I killed 2 guys with only 1 claymore. Moments like these make me wish BF3 had some kill cam just like Black Ops to record this stuff. It was funny seeing the 2 bodies fly real high with the explosion.

Also, I had a kill where a guy was running away from my shooting and ran straight into the claymore . It seems that bodies fly like paper when they hit the claymore in the right spot.

I haven't had sqaud problems since they "fixed" it.

Are you going nearly full servers though?

When our squad of four joins a server, we always look for about 16/24 via the server browser (never quickmatch. Ever.), and only once in a blue moon will be be split.

[quote name='oasisboy']Yesterday I had some crazy kills with the claymore. At one point I killed 2 guys with only 1 claymore. Moments like these make me wish BF3 had some kill cam just like Black Ops to record this stuff. It was funny seeing the 2 bodies fly real high with the explosion.

Also, I had a kill where a guy was running away from my shooting and ran straight into the claymore . It seems that bodies fly like paper when they hit the claymore in the right spot.[/QUOTE]

Lol. Recently I have been using the MAV for the whole match and I have been able to witness some tanks blow some people up sky high. You gotta love those rag-doll mechanics :)

[quote name='slickkill77']Well that's underwhelming[/QUOTE]

What is? The lack of any DLC announcement? If yes, then I agree with you.

When BF2 was released, how long after did they announce/release expansion packs?

Yes^^^

The problem/good thing about DICE is they don't just shit out maps for no reason. Usually they make them an expansion or put a lot of work into them or get the community involved so it can take forever to get them out

I swear I am seeing more and more snipers at this game. It is getting to the point where it is common to see 3 snipers together on top a building sniping like there is no tomorrow.

Dog Tags... has anyone every gotten some of the rare dog tags? There is the developer dog tag, the tournament winner, runner up and third place dog tags, 50 stars for assault dog tag or engineer and so on. Have any of you obtained any of these dog tags?

I have not had any luck with these dog tags..

There is this... have not tried it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfkt721aNfE

[quote name='oasisboy']Dog Tags... has anyone every gotten some of the rare dog tags? There is the developer dog tag, the tournament winner, runner up and third place dog tags, 50 stars for assault dog tag or engineer and so on. Have any of you obtained any of these dog tags?

I have not had any luck with these dog tags..

There is this... have not tried it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfkt721aNfE[/QUOTE]

Funny. I may give it a shot on some of the weird right-side ones.

If BF3 delivered moments like shown in most of those videos even once in a while during normal play it would be the best game ever. Someone should make a "BF3 Fantasy vs Reality" video. Crazy jet-jumping air kills one second, followed by spawning and dying half a second later, cut to a kill cam of a hill with 3 snipers on it. Helicoper strapped with C4 destroys two tanks at once, cut to a guy running for a transport only for someone else to jump in first and take off without anyone else.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='slickkill77']Yes^^^

The problem/good thing about DICE is they don't just shit out maps for no reason. Usually they make them an expansion or put a lot of work into them or get the community involved so it can take forever to get them out[/QUOTE]

I figured.

I'm really looking forward to whatever they have planned to release in the near future. In the meantime, I need to practice my aiming in the game and try to finish those damn co-op missions.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']http://www.joystiq.com/2012/02/23/dice-details-next-big-battlefield-3-fix-list/

A lot of good fixes.[/QUOTE]

This patch is fucking amazing.

Fixed so much shit that was common sense in the first place.

-Shotgun Buck and Flechette rounds now have a less suppressive effect at medium to long range.
-Switching from primary weapons to sidearms and back now takes less time.
-The Knife now only takes two swipes to kill when attacking from a position where a takedown is not possible.
-Unguided tank rounds and RPGs will now instantly destroy Jets, Attack Helicopters, and Scout Helicopters.
-Increased the damage the MBT's primary weapon does to the front and side armor of other main battle tanks. Primarily this means 1 less shot to the front, and very good hits to the side can result in a 1 hit to disable.
-Fixed a problem when locking on to two nearby targets, the locking should no longer jump rapidly between multiple targets. This applies to all locking weapons and Laser Designators.
-Laser Guided missiles can now be distracted by Flares. (No more unstoppable tanks...all my helicopter pilots know exactly what I'm talking about).
-Flares now more reliably distract missiles, especially for Helicopters.
-Flares for Jets and Choppers now reload at 11 seconds again, except for the gunner, which remains unchanged at 20sec.
-The IGLA and Stinger now lock on much more quickly and disable an attack aircraft in 1 hit, but have significantly reduced range. This should allow Stingers to mount an effective close range point defense, without dominating an entire airspace.
-Increased the speed of the Helicopter AA missiles lock on to reduce the tedious nature of Helicopter dogfights and improve the Helicopter's defensive abilities vs Jets.
-The MAV can no longer be used as an elevator. (Take that douchebag snipers)
-The M224 Mortar can no longer be deployed in an area that is out of combat for another team like a home base or other protected spawn. (The most overdue god damn patch since day 1)
-Below Radar will now also prevent the lock on of Stinger and IGLA missiles.
-Added Horns to all Jeeps.

Some of my favorites.

Not time for when it comes out though for 360.

Also, I am kinda sad that you cant use the MAV as a jetpack anymore. I hate snipers but I do like how they can get into better position and I am sad that many of them wont me able to hit good spots.

[quote name='Nealocus123']This patch is fucking amazing.

Fixed so much shit that was common sense in the first place.

-Shotgun Buck and Flechette rounds now have a less suppressive effect at medium to long range.
-Switching from primary weapons to sidearms and back now takes less time.
-The Knife now only takes two swipes to kill when attacking from a position where a takedown is not possible.
-Unguided tank rounds and RPGs will now instantly destroy Jets, Attack Helicopters, and Scout Helicopters.
-Increased the damage the MBT's primary weapon does to the front and side armor of other main battle tanks. Primarily this means 1 less shot to the front, and very good hits to the side can result in a 1 hit to disable.
-Fixed a problem when locking on to two nearby targets, the locking should no longer jump rapidly between multiple targets. This applies to all locking weapons and Laser Designators.
-Laser Guided missiles can now be distracted by Flares. (No more unstoppable tanks...all my helicopter pilots know exactly what I'm talking about).
-Flares now more reliably distract missiles, especially for Helicopters.
-Flares for Jets and Choppers now reload at 11 seconds again, except for the gunner, which remains unchanged at 20sec.
-The IGLA and Stinger now lock on much more quickly and disable an attack aircraft in 1 hit, but have significantly reduced range. This should allow Stingers to mount an effective close range point defense, without dominating an entire airspace.
-Increased the speed of the Helicopter AA missiles lock on to reduce the tedious nature of Helicopter dogfights and improve the Helicopter's defensive abilities vs Jets.
-The MAV can no longer be used as an elevator. (Take that douchebag snipers)
-The M224 Mortar can no longer be deployed in an area that is out of combat for another team like a home base or other protected spawn. (The most overdue god damn patch since day 1)
-Below Radar will now also prevent the lock on of Stinger and IGLA missiles.
-Added Horns to all Jeeps.

Some of my favorites.[/QUOTE]

Finally...horns!

Seems like a good patch for the most part. I have no idea what DICE is thinking nerfing the already shitty shotguns/LMGs though.

Also, still no fix for the squad glitch where your friends can be on the opposite team?

[quote name='Trakan']Seems like a good patch for the most part. I have no idea what DICE is thinking nerfing the already shitty shotguns/LMGs though.

Also, still no fix for the squad glitch where your friends can be on the opposite team?[/QUOTE]

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

[quote name='Trakan']Seems like a good patch for the most part. I have no idea what DICE is thinking nerfing the already shitty shotguns/LMGs though.

Also, still no fix for the squad glitch where your friends can be on the opposite team?[/QUOTE]

None of the shotguns were really shitty imo, they were still pretty much one shot kills in CQB with the buck.

And the squad thing isn't really a glitch, the only way they could really fix it is if they just redid the search so that your squad joins an emptier lobby at the same time as another squad, which results in a longer search queue but makes sense..

I mean it works occasionally the current way but only if it finds a lopsided lobby. It doesn't make sense that in a 8v8 it puts a squad of four on one side mid game.

[quote name='gotdott']None of the shotguns were really shitty imo, they were still pretty much one shot kills in CQB with the buck.

And the squad thing isn't really a glitch, the only way they could really fix it is if they just redid the search so that your squad joins an emptier lobby at the same time as another squad, which results in a longer search queue but makes sense..

I mean it works occasionally the current way but only if it finds a lopsided lobby. It doesn't make sense that in a 8v8 it puts a squad of four on one side mid game.[/QUOTE]

The M1014 was the only really bad one I guess. The experience I had with shotguns in general was getting far too many hitmarkers where I should have been getting kills. So much so that you'd just be better off using any other weapon other than a sniper. Not to mention that most maps are way too big to have a shotgun be a viable option.

Call the squad thing whatever you want, it shouldn't be that way. If Gears can do it with dedicated servers, DICE can.

Good news. I just wished they would also make the huge A, B, C, etc points more transparent. I really pisses me off sometimes when it gets in the way.

Also, the game has frozen on me twice this week. It would happen right after I'm killed. Has this happened to any of y'all?

I don't think I've ever had the game freeze on me. I've been kicked to the dashboard before, but never froze.

I was getting some huge lag spikes and framerate issues tonight though.

[quote name='htown01']Good news. I just wished they would also make the huge A, B, C, etc points more transparent. I really pisses me off sometimes when it gets in the way.

Also, the game has frozen on me twice this week. It would happen right after I'm killed. Has this happened to any of y'all?[/QUOTE]

Have you been checking your score? I've found that while bringing up the scoreboard while it's loading after your death often causes the game to freeze.

[quote name='Trakan']The M1014 was the only really bad one I guess. The experience I had with shotguns in general was getting far too many hitmarkers where I should have been getting kills. So much so that you'd just be better off using any other weapon other than a sniper. Not to mention that most maps are way too big to have a shotgun be a viable option.

Call the squad thing whatever you want, it shouldn't be that way. If Gears can do it with dedicated servers, DICE can.[/QUOTE]

I haven't had any problems killing with the M1014, but then again I've only used it on the smaller maps like Grand Bazaar where it's always been a ~2 shotter for me. The only shotgun I can't comment on is the Saiga, since that's the one I haven't gotten around to using.

[quote name='Trakan']The M1014 was the only really bad one I guess. The experience I had with shotguns in general was getting far too many hitmarkers where I should have been getting kills. So much so that you'd just be better off using any other weapon other than a sniper. Not to mention that most maps are way too big to have a shotgun be a viable option.

Call the squad thing whatever you want, it shouldn't be that way. If Gears can do it with dedicated servers, DICE can.[/QUOTE]

I haven't had any problems killing with the M1014, but then again I've only used it on the smaller maps like Grand Bazaar where it's always been a ~2 shotter for me. The only shotgun I can't comment on is the Saiga, since that's the one I haven't gotten around to using.

[quote name='gotdott']Have you been checking your score? I've found that while bringing up the scoreboard while it's loading after your death often causes the game to freeze.[/QUOTE]

Oh my god, yes. I get a little anxious while I respawn and press several buttons, including the select one. I believe that is exactly what is happening. I'll keep that in mind, thanks.

The one shotgun that really pisses me off is the USAS-12. I've encountered several people on Grand Bazaar and Operation Metro that use it and I believe it's suppression effect is too effective. There are people who are using at a fairly long distance in Grand Bazaar and still you get the blur effect and can't make out their position in time.

[quote name='htown01']
The one shotgun that really pisses me off is the USAS-12. I've encountered several people on Grand Bazaar and Operation Metro that use it and I believe it's suppression effect is too effective. There are people who are using at a fairly long distance in Grand Bazaar and still you get the blur effect and can't make out their position in time.[/QUOTE]

This is the only shotgun I have issues with.

Ugh, the bitchassness in this game is utterly pathetic. I am seeing a lot of 10 plus service stars with the USAS-12, I even saw a 23 service stared USAS-12 today. What a whore.

How does a person not get bored using and doing the same thing over and over again is crazy to me. And to have it with that gun is even worse. Its like walking with the fucking predator shoulder cannon. I have at least 1 service star on almost every weapon in the game.

It's just because it's overpowered, and people love that. Anything they can use to get an unfair advantage so they can boost their little K/D ratio. I can see using it every once in a while or maybe if you need to make a serious push, but not every match all the time. It just gets plain boring. Granted, I've gotten a lot of kills with the C4 and I still love it every time.

Seeing the new patch notes makes me happy. I'm glad the MAV can't go on a killing spree anymore, it's 1-and-done. Hopefully people will use it for how it's supposed to be used now. Most importantly of all the things they're adding, nevermind the MAV mortality and no more C4 from the grave, is that they're adding horns to all the jeeps. fuck yeah.

Beep beep, ima jeep.

I wish there was an update to claymores where they would always kill someone that walks by them. I hate it when I place a claymore by a door thinking that it will protect me from someone while I take a look around only to get killed because the claymore "partially" affected my enemy. It should be like Black Ops where the claymore will kill you most of the time if you pass by it regardless if you run, walk or crawl.

Naw, its works fine now and the last thing anyone wants is for the game to be more like any COD game. Claymores get full kills if someone runs right into them regardless of health.

If you made them any more powerful you would just have a level with a thousand claymores around from people trying to get easy 1 hit kills. Also remember if you have a claymore that means you are a support...which means you basically have infinite claymores.

Naw buddy you dont get to rack up unearned kills just you dont want to move from a spot.

My favorite part of claymores is getting killed and watching the enemy get absolutely destroyed by a claymore from me/a teammate as he's running on the killcam. They go flying backwards, it's awesome.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Ugh, the bitchassness in this game is utterly pathetic. I am seeing a lot of 10 plus service stars with the USAS-12, I even saw a 23 service stared USAS-12 today. What a whore.

[/QUOTE]

I think I saw this guy tonight with 23 service stars on the USAS-12 (His screename was lil'Julian or lil'Julio or some shit like that). He was doing quite the carnage in TDM. Can't wait for the patch to kick in.

[quote name='Soodmeg']1. Naw, its works fine now and the last thing anyone wants is for the game to be more like any COD game.

2. Claymores get full kills if someone runs right into them regardless of health.

3. If you made them any more powerful you would just have a level with a thousand claymores around from people trying to get easy 1 hit kills.

4. Also remember if you have a claymore that means you are a support...which means you basically have infinite claymores.

5. Naw buddy you dont get to rack up unearned kills just you dont want to move from a spot.[/QUOTE]

1. How would making claymores more powerful make the game similar to COD? At least you don't get a voice message ("they destroyed your equipment") like in COD when someone destroys your claymore.

2. Claymores don't always get the kill. For example, tonight I ran past a claymore while I was going up on some stairs on Tehran Highway and my health went from 100% to 0% yet I was able to kill someone on a roof. I should have killed since I ran full speed through the claymore.

3. I don't think adjusting the claymores would make people go claymore crazy with 1,000 of them.

4. Support doesn't mean you have infinite claymores, you can only place 2 at a time and usually this doesn't make a difference in most maps unless you are a camper, but still even in camping, it is not that difficult to destroy the claymores and get the camper.

5. I think you are implying that I am camping and that is definitely far from the truth. In some maps I rely on the claymore to look around from a high point and help my team with suppression shots so they can get the kills for the team (in TDM). I hate it that I place a claymore and then someone just runs through it and I get grilled. Especially when their health shows 3% where I know they ran past it. I am cool with someone destroying the claymore and then killing me, but not when I know they ran through it just like my example where I ran through one full speed and my health went down to 0% and I should have been dead but was not.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']My favorite part of claymores is getting killed and watching the enemy get absolutely destroyed by a claymore from me/a teammate as he's running on the killcam. They go flying backwards, it's awesome.[/QUOTE]

I love this as well. Someone kills me and then they run to the claymore... it is a good feeling of revenge.

I just finished a great competitive match on Conquest (Tehran Highway) and received a message a minute later from TAGSFAN. The first message read, "$$$." I then sent him one saying,"Lol, why are you so butthurt?". He then proceeded with a response that said, 'speak english u cheat". I then said,"That is very sad because that was English you imbecile. Why are you so mad?". He stopped responding.

Some people think that you are supposed to stay away when your team takes over all 3 objectives; that is not what happens. I have gotten angry before when losing a match but I don't go off sending messages calling me people names. Kids are so foolish with their words online.

[quote name='oasisboy']1. How would making claymores more powerful make the game similar to COD? At least you don't get a voice message ("they destroyed your equipment") like in COD when someone destroys your claymore.

2. Claymores don't always get the kill. For example, tonight I ran past a claymore while I was going up on some stairs on Tehran Highway and my health went from 100% to 0% yet I was able to kill someone on a roof. I should have killed since I ran full speed through the claymore.

3. I don't think adjusting the claymores would make people go claymore crazy with 1,000 of them.

4. Support doesn't mean you have infinite claymores, you can only place 2 at a time and usually this doesn't make a difference in most maps unless you are a camper, but still even in camping, it is not that difficult to destroy the claymores and get the camper.

5. I think you are implying that I am camping and that is definitely far from the truth. In some maps I rely on the claymore to look around from a high point and help my team with suppression shots so they can get the kills for the team (in TDM). I hate it that I place a claymore and then someone just runs through it and I get grilled. Especially when their health shows 3% where I know they ran past it. I am cool with someone destroying the claymore and then killing me, but not when I know they ran through it just like my example where I ran through one full speed and my health went down to 0% and I should have been dead but was not.

I love this as well. Someone kills me and then they run to the claymore... it is a good feeling of revenge.[/QUOTE]

Well unless the claymore is in the same room as you, wouldn't you notice it going off? It's a pretty big icon on the minimap so if I don't hear the explosion, I still see it disappear, giving me time to prepare for someone coming up behind me. Claymores are fine as they are, though I do agree they are pretty ridiculous on the support class (I have over 2,000 claymore kills, hence my slight bias).

Edit: Ok I lied, I'm actually at 1,955 claymore kills

What sort of ninjitsu do you need to sign-up on battlelog? Just started playing the MP yesterday, the in-game menu says I need to sign up on-line. The website says I need to buy the game. Ok...

I'm having an easier time playing against experienced players than I am signing up for their damn service. Which is saying a lot b/c I was getting my ass handed to me.

Edit:
I should add, it looks like the key is to link my EA/Origin account with my XBL tag, but I couldn't find a way to do that. Maybe that's turned off with all the FIFA related account issues.

There used to be a way to just add your Xbox Live persona, but EA thought it was a fantastic idea to get rid of a simple feature like that and make it 100 times more complicated. I ended up having to talk to support to get mine linked, but apparently the other way to do it is to download an EA game that involves online connectivity (they suggested the Skate 3 demo specifically) and then sign into your account on the demo there. I guess that links it up.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']There used to be a way to just add your Xbox Live persona, but EA thought it was a fantastic idea to get rid of a simple feature like that and make it 100 times more complicated. I ended up having to talk to support to get mine linked, but apparently the other way to do it is to download an EA game that involves online connectivity (they suggested the Skate 3 demo specifically) and then sign into your account on the demo there. I guess that links it up.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I thought I was just being an idiot, so it's a bit of a relief that it's actually quite convoluted. Skate 3 happens to be in my backlog, so I'll try the retail disc. Hopefully it contains the same EA-XBL magic that the demo does.

Just found out today that the left stick will make the AA gun move fast as all hell, while I've been using the right stick since I got the damn game and always got pissed off at how slow it was. Can't believe it took that long.

Threw you a friend request yesterday, Soodmeg, got shut down hard. Sent a few of you other fellas one as well, we should get a squad goin sometime.

EA/DICE really gave up on that whole "competing directly with COD" thing, eh?

COD gets more aggressive by offering 1-2 maps per month for hardcore players and BF3 gets the first real set of new maps like 8 months after release? Doesn't make sense to me.

Damn, that's very disappointing. They could have at least planned for this "Close Quarters" DLC to be released 2nd or 3rd to vehicle maps. Oh, well.

bread's done
Back