Best Buy Trade-in Thread: 50% Bonus with Pre-order of Rage or NBA 2K12, 9/25-10/1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bh47

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
!!! Promotions available in stores only, and they DO NOT stack !!!
Only the 10% Bonus from Gamers Club Unlocked will stack with these offers.

Current Promos:

- 50% Bonus with Rage or NBA 2K12 Pre-order.
Offer valid 9/25 to 10/01/2011.

- 40% Bonus with Gears of War 3 Purchase.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order/purchase Gears of War 3. Offer expires 10/01/2011

- Trade 3, Get 30% More.
Trade in 3 games or more and get 30% extra trade-in credit. Offer expires 10/01/2011

- 40% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer expires 10/01/2011

Link: http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/QuoteCalculatorVideoGames.cfm (click on "Show Promotions available in stores only" on top right)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEST BUY'S VIDEO GAMES TRADE-IN PAGE

Check most up-to-date TIV using BB's Video Games Value Estimator.

Check which BB stores do trade-ins here.
In-store trades are now done at the Trade-In Counter at the Gaming Dept.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

F.A.Q. Best Buy has a short FAQ here.

:bomb: The values in the Lists do not match the values in the Estimator. What's up with that?
I don't know. It seems the Lists are usually updated on Sundays, and the TIVs are adjusted to reflect the List in a few days. But as trades are made, the TIVs may change and the Lists are not updated frequently. Again, check the Estimator for latest TIV.

The promo says "Trade 2..." or "Trade 3..." but I only want to trade 1 game, will I still get $x amount?
You will get whatever TIV is offered according to the Estimator for each game. The promo is titled "Trade 2" etc to make the giftcards sound more lucrative.

The 2 games I want to trade are worth more than $60 combined according to the Estimator. Does that mean I will only get $60 for the 2 games?
No. You will get whatever TIV is offered according to the Estimator for each game. For example, if your total according to the Estimator is $70, you will get a $70 giftcard.

:bomb: If I locked in a trade online, and the value drops, will I still get the locked in value when I mail it in?
Yes. You will get the locked in TIV as long as you ship it before the "Ship by" date "Your item(s) must be received within 14 days to get the quoted value" (as of 5/2), and your games are received in the condition you declared.

How long do I have after I lock in a trade online before I have to ship it?
30 days. Has been recently changed to "Your item(s) must be received within 14 days to get the quoted value".

Can you lock in the price online then trade it in-store?
No.

Is there a limit to how many games I can trade in?
According to BB: "We will not accept more than 3 games of the same title and platform from a customer (or address) in a year. Please do not submit more than the limit as excess submissions WILL NOT BE RETURNED." Example, you can trade 3 copies of Portal 2 for PS3 and 3 copies of Portal 2 for x360 without problems. Some people have been banned from trade-ins at BB due to the violation of this policy. If you plan on trading more than 3 copies of a game per platform by doing it through various stores, you do so at your own risk and discretion.

:bomb: Can I trade game disc only, or do I need the case and manuals, too?
BB used to be strict about complete copies, but this has changed, and ppl are trading games in store without manuals or cover sleeve for full TIV. If you trade online it's sometimes YMMV. I would advise you to send in complete games (case, disc, manual) since some ppl are reporting only getting 50% of the locked TIV.

I see people talking about getting Amazon giftcards by trading at Best Buy. How are they doing that?
Some Best Buys sell Kindle giftcards which can be used on Amazon.com like regular Amazon giftcards. You will not get the Kindle card with your trade, but you can buy them with your BB giftcard.

When I do a in-store trade, I am asked: to be fingerprinted, to have my photo taken, how much I weigh, etc. What's the deal?
Pawn shop laws regulating trade-ins and resale of used goods varies from state to state or city to city. It is not Best Buy's rule, and varies from store to store depending on where you live.

I went to a store to do a trade-in and they asked for a Best Buy receipt. WTF?
According to BB's own FAQ:
Q: Is trade-in limited to items I bought at Best Buy?
A: No.

I don't know why this happens, but apparently some stores do not have their system setup to take non-BB purchased items at this time. Check the link above regarding stores that do video games trade-ins first.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='etcrane']Well ... competition is always good ... especially when it's two huge idiotic retail titans clashing ... should be a good opportunity to play both sides as they attempt to tear each other to pieces.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget amazon...these recent TIVs all around have been freakin great. Best Buy looks to be the bigger idiot as of now, but they've got deep enough pockets to continue this battle for a while before they fold.

I sent in two items separately, after not that bad of a wait really (it was probably about 3 weeks) I received the GCs in two separate envelopes on Thursday. Today (a little bit ago) I received an e-mail telling me they just shipped out my GCs. So either they are sending e-mails about mailing GCs ~7 days after they mail them, or they are sending me two more GCs. Either way, BB should probably fix that.

I sent in copies of Epic Mickey x3, Punchout x3, and Kirby Epic Yarn x3. They got them on the 5/4 or so. Its been 2 weeks and not even a confirmation email. Should I me worried and start emailing them?

Just did my first trade in (in-store). Was very quick with no issues. Everything I traded was complete in good condition and had the UPC. It was mostly low value games plus God of War Collection and God of War III.

[quote name='nixmahn']I sent in copies of Epic Mickey x3, Punchout x3, and Kirby Epic Yarn x3. They got them on the 5/4 or so. Its been 2 weeks and not even a confirmation email. Should I me worried and start emailing them?[/QUOTE]

Nah. Their system is just extremely slow. I received a gift card from them in the mail Saturday, then, three days later on Tuesday, I got the confirmation e-mail saying they'd mailed the gift card. :roll: It'll take a while, but you'll get your confirmation e-mails. And when you do, your trade-ins will probably have been in the payment pending stage for a number of days.

This seems to be a problem with bestbuy's system seeing as how I got a shipping confirmation email for my ten dollar giftcard for buying portal 2 the day after it arrived, unrelated to game trading.

I traded in $145 worth of games today and somehow the employee punched in GoW:C twice so I got an extra $20 out of it... I didn't even realize until he gave me the printout. Whatever.

Would've spent some of it there too but they're too retarded to even price match their own site :/

Knowing Best Buy, they probably have to call Best Buy to match their own website price and can never get through because every time they pick up the phone and dial, they get a busy signal ;)

[quote name='etcrane']Knowing Best Buy, they probably have to call Best Buy to match their own website price and can never get through because every time they pick up the phone and dial, they get a busy signal ;)[/QUOTE]

Oh I was on hold on the phone for a good 5 minutes before I left home to ask about the midnight DLC and maybe place an order online for LA Noire + In-Store Pick-Up and when I finally got through, I immediately heard the receiver slammed and got disconnected. Even after I went into the store, the damn employees there look like they don't give a rat's ass about helping anyone. fucking rude grrrrrrrrr

[quote name='Stimes']I just bought MOH for $15 GC on Best Buys Midnight Sale. I hope it holds at $20 TIV.[/QUOTE]

Lock it in online just in case, I did the same. going to grab it and play it for a couple days to give it a try then send it in.

[quote name='Ultragamer']Lock it in online just in case, I did the same. going to grab it and play it for a couple days to give it a try then send it in.[/QUOTE]
This is my first time sending one in, I'm trying to create an account now, thanks great idea.

Update: Locked it in!

[quote name='Brenex']
9c8663c0350f9fc003fe409f7417483e.png

Why is it different from this site?[/QUOTE]

Theres a link at the bottom of that where it says "To find a video games trade-in store near you, visit the gaming trade-in page." Click that link and you'll find a completely different list of stores

I remember seeing in this thread some talk about BestBuy about to change their policy on buying Amazon Kindle gift cards with BestBuy gift cards (specifically, they weren't going to allow us to do this anymore).

I don't want to start a debate about why or why not; I just want to know if they've already implemented this change to their policy (or if has been pushed back or canceled) if anyone knows when this policy change will officially start (or if they've decided to put it off indefinitely). I didn't see any reference to this particular subject in the OP. Thanks in advance!

[quote name='ragingst0rm6']I remember seeing in this thread some talk about BestBuy about to change their policy on buying Amazon Kindle gift cards with BestBuy gift cards (specifically, they weren't going to allow us to do this anymore).

I don't want to start a debate about why or why not; I just want to know if they've already implemented this change to their policy (or if has been pushed back or canceled). I didn't see any reference to this particular subject in the OP. Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]
Not as of yesterday in CA.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Oh I was on hold on the phone for a good 5 minutes before I left home to ask about the midnight DLC and maybe place an order online for LA Noire + In-Store Pick-Up and when I finally got through, I immediately heard the receiver slammed and got disconnected. Even after I went into the store, the damn employees there look like they don't give a rat's ass about helping anyone. fucking rude grrrrrrrrr[/QUOTE]

This is why I avoid Best Buy like a plague. They act like their a high end electronics retailer and you get Walmart employee customer service. No offense ment to anyone that works at walmart because I know they work you guys to death but I expect to have to find things myself in Walmart. Best buy employee's are to busy talking to their friends and playing on their phone to help anyone. Last time I was in Best Buy the employee was waiting on someone and while I waited in line with several people behind me as soon as they were done with that person they looked at the line and walked away.

anyone else not able to sign on or get estimates? i couldve swore i got an estimate yesterday but nothing in my email and wanted to check on my account but just keeps going back to bestbuytradein.com

[quote name='ahwang826']anyone else not able to sign on or get estimates? i couldve swore i got an estimate yesterday but nothing in my email and wanted to check on my account but just keeps going back to bestbuytradein.com[/QUOTE]

I don't know what it is but I've had that problem for the past two weeks from my work laptop using both Firefox and IE. Finally tried it on my home PC (Firefox) and it worked fine.

I'm assuming my local post office either lost my game shipment or they have yet to ship it.

I dropped it off on 5/13 but it hasn't shown up on the UPS or USPS website when I try to track it.

What would be my best course of action? Should I stop by that post office and ask if they still have it, or just wait it out? Granted it was only Killzone 2 which I paid only $10 for, but that still doesn't excuse the fact that they may have lost it.

This is the very first time I've ever had a problem with this particular post office (I've shipped ~50 packages in the past couple years at this same place without any prior problems).

[quote name='skateraXVIII']I'm assuming my local post office either lost my game shipment or they have yet to ship it.

I dropped it off on 5/13 but it hasn't shown up on the UPS or USPS website when I try to track it.

What would be my best course of action? Should I stop by that post office and ask if they still have it, or just wait it out? Granted it was only Killzone 2 which I paid only $10 for, but that still doesn't excuse the fact that they may have lost it.

This is the very first time I've ever had a problem with this particular post office (I've shipped ~50 packages in the past couple years at this same place without any prior problems).[/QUOTE]

I think bb prepaid postage is a return service, so if it was sent via USPS basically all you'll get as far as tracking is the confirmation of delivery. Not sure where u live, but you can always log into USPS.com and enter your zip and then the best buy zip and look at how many days it takes to get there via parcel, that should give u a better idea on whether your game is lost or not.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']I'm assuming my local post office either lost my game shipment or they have yet to ship it.

This is the very first time I've ever had a problem with this particular post office (I've shipped ~50 packages in the past couple years at this same place without any prior problems).[/QUOTE]

Wow dropped mine off on Tuesday and am in the same position in you in that it doesn't show up on UPS as having been received on their end. First time this has happened :cry:

[quote name='boogie4114']Guess no more gs to bb flips right guys because I would like to get a bb gc so I can price match Dead or Alive from Toysrus next week?[/QUOTE]

God of war collection 22.99 online buy2 g1 free makes it 50 -> 60 not much but if your just looking to convert it's good enough. Marvel vs cap com 3 is 39.99 so 80 -> 90 but you have to add for shipping so not much profit but at least your not losing money on the conversion

There's several games from GoHastings using the 20% off code that makes for good flips. I'm just too lazy to go to BB again, and their shipping isn't the fastest thing so who knows if the values will go down by then (in-store, I don't want to wait 2 weeks to lock it in/mail).

[quote name='Brenex']Wow dropped mine off on Tuesday and am in the same position in you in that it doesn't show up on UPS as having been received on their end. First time this has happened :cry:[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, the same thing just happened to me and it worked out fine.

I dropped off two packages at UPS on Monday to go to Best Buy for Trade in. One was a $30 trade in, one was a $150 trade in. The $30 trade in popped up the same night as being received while the $150 trade in didn't update at all. Both packages ended up updating on Wednesday that they were out for delivery and they were both delivered. Why in the world my second package wasn't scanned for two whole days (until it was out for delivery) is beyond me. In the end it worked out. This is the first time I have had this happen as well after shipping dozens of packages from the same UPS.

47[quote name='ahwang826']God of war collection 22.99 online buy2 g1 free makes it 50 -> 60 not much but if your just looking to convert it's good enough. Marvel vs cap com 3 is 39.99 so 80 -> 90 but you have to add for shipping so not much profit but at least your not losing money on the conversion[/QUOTE]

god of war collection only goes for $7 accorgin to the bestbuy gaming app but $20 on the bestbuy website. Does anyone know why that is because I would do an even trade to get a bb gc from gs credit but I dont wanna get screwed if the trade in value is less.

[quote name='boogie4114']47

god of war collection only goes for $7 accorgin to the bestbuy gaming app but $20 on the bestbuy website. Does anyone know why that is because I would do an even trade to get a bb gc from gs credit but I dont wanna get screwed if the trade in value is less.[/QUOTE]

Their gaming app is completely broken, if it doesn't benefit you to use it don't. Always use the Trade-In Estimator to find the correct price. I got $20 for GOWC just yesterday.

anyone ever lockin online but tradein at a store for the locked value? I have a disc only copy of Star Wars FU2. locked in when it was $25 and have a week left until the 30 days. the current $20 tiv is decent but I paid about $22.xx from gs (and have few weeks to return)

Not sure where to put this but has it always been there policy to not price match if you buy it from bestbuy.com? The manager made me return my portal 2 and then sell it to me at 24.99 but I'm pretty sure there gonna take off the 500 points for pre-ordering since they made me return it not sure how I can get it for 25 plus the 500 points if possible. Any ideas? :D

Hah the tracking number just popped up as being scanned in MD with one day left. How can they stick something in the van without scanning out? Go figure

[quote name='ahwang826']Not sure where to put this but has it always been there policy to not price match if you buy it from bestbuy.com? The manager made me return my portal 2 and then sell it to me at 24.99 but I'm pretty sure there gonna take off the 500 points for pre-ordering since they made me return it not sure how I can get it for 25 plus the 500 points if possible. Any ideas? :D[/QUOTE]

I think this is the wrong thread for that question, but I know that if they did a return/re-buy to price match, you're not going to get the 500 Bonus RZ points.

[quote name='ahwang826']Not sure where to put this but has it always been there policy to not price match if you buy it from bestbuy.com? The manager made me return my portal 2 and then sell it to me at 24.99 but I'm pretty sure there gonna take off the 500 points for pre-ordering since they made me return it not sure how I can get it for 25 plus the 500 points if possible. Any ideas? :D[/QUOTE]

You gotta call RZ to get the pre-order now

Has anyone had problems with BB not being able to scan gift cards to put credit on them after trading in games in store? My store has not been able to do trade-ins all day. I had nothing to do and I didn't want to let all the money I spent to drive there go to waste, so I waited as she called her help desk. Wow what a waist of a hour of my life today. They couldn't get it to work, I think all they did was try restarting the computer. She was kind of rude about it, like I was waisting her time and then rushed me out the door as soon as it hit 9pm and told me to come back tomorrow and try again.

iv been flipping crazy lately. i dropped off world at war the 11th and it finally popped up as being dropped off on the 16th. it looks like it was lost for 3 days in there. oh my.

also still havnt got gift cards for items verified almost 2 weeks ago...

Traded in (free from Kmart through LA Noire deal)Oblivion GOTY for $25 and 2 MoH $20 each ($15 from midnigt sale).

TIV's are getting really competitive at BB now.

Most stores have $25 and $50 Amazon Kindle cards that are the same as Gift cards. I've seen several instances where the 25's were out of stock but always a shelf tag for them

[quote name='jacknicklson']Most stores have $25 and $50 Amazon Kindle cards that are the same as Gift cards. I've seen several instances where the 25's were out of stock but always a shelf tag for them[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks.

[quote name='giantqtipz']Hey guys I just traded in need for speed hot pursuit for 30. I think its like 21-23 used on amazon so..[/QUOTE]

its like 23.50 plus 4 in shipping so 27.50 that is a 2.50 profit

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back