Best Buy Trade-in Thread: 50% Bonus with Pre-order of Rage or NBA 2K12, 9/25-10/1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bh47

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
!!! Promotions available in stores only, and they DO NOT stack !!!
Only the 10% Bonus from Gamers Club Unlocked will stack with these offers.

Current Promos:

- 50% Bonus with Rage or NBA 2K12 Pre-order.
Offer valid 9/25 to 10/01/2011.

- 40% Bonus with Gears of War 3 Purchase.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order/purchase Gears of War 3. Offer expires 10/01/2011

- Trade 3, Get 30% More.
Trade in 3 games or more and get 30% extra trade-in credit. Offer expires 10/01/2011

- 40% Bonus with any Pre-order.
Get a 40% extra trade-in credit when you pre-order any game. Offer expires 10/01/2011

Link: http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/QuoteCalculatorVideoGames.cfm (click on "Show Promotions available in stores only" on top right)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEST BUY'S VIDEO GAMES TRADE-IN PAGE

Check most up-to-date TIV using BB's Video Games Value Estimator.

Check which BB stores do trade-ins here.
In-store trades are now done at the Trade-In Counter at the Gaming Dept.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

F.A.Q. Best Buy has a short FAQ here.

:bomb: The values in the Lists do not match the values in the Estimator. What's up with that?
I don't know. It seems the Lists are usually updated on Sundays, and the TIVs are adjusted to reflect the List in a few days. But as trades are made, the TIVs may change and the Lists are not updated frequently. Again, check the Estimator for latest TIV.

The promo says "Trade 2..." or "Trade 3..." but I only want to trade 1 game, will I still get $x amount?
You will get whatever TIV is offered according to the Estimator for each game. The promo is titled "Trade 2" etc to make the giftcards sound more lucrative.

The 2 games I want to trade are worth more than $60 combined according to the Estimator. Does that mean I will only get $60 for the 2 games?
No. You will get whatever TIV is offered according to the Estimator for each game. For example, if your total according to the Estimator is $70, you will get a $70 giftcard.

:bomb: If I locked in a trade online, and the value drops, will I still get the locked in value when I mail it in?
Yes. You will get the locked in TIV as long as you ship it before the "Ship by" date "Your item(s) must be received within 14 days to get the quoted value" (as of 5/2), and your games are received in the condition you declared.

How long do I have after I lock in a trade online before I have to ship it?
30 days. Has been recently changed to "Your item(s) must be received within 14 days to get the quoted value".

Can you lock in the price online then trade it in-store?
No.

Is there a limit to how many games I can trade in?
According to BB: "We will not accept more than 3 games of the same title and platform from a customer (or address) in a year. Please do not submit more than the limit as excess submissions WILL NOT BE RETURNED." Example, you can trade 3 copies of Portal 2 for PS3 and 3 copies of Portal 2 for x360 without problems. Some people have been banned from trade-ins at BB due to the violation of this policy. If you plan on trading more than 3 copies of a game per platform by doing it through various stores, you do so at your own risk and discretion.

:bomb: Can I trade game disc only, or do I need the case and manuals, too?
BB used to be strict about complete copies, but this has changed, and ppl are trading games in store without manuals or cover sleeve for full TIV. If you trade online it's sometimes YMMV. I would advise you to send in complete games (case, disc, manual) since some ppl are reporting only getting 50% of the locked TIV.

I see people talking about getting Amazon giftcards by trading at Best Buy. How are they doing that?
Some Best Buys sell Kindle giftcards which can be used on Amazon.com like regular Amazon giftcards. You will not get the Kindle card with your trade, but you can buy them with your BB giftcard.

When I do a in-store trade, I am asked: to be fingerprinted, to have my photo taken, how much I weigh, etc. What's the deal?
Pawn shop laws regulating trade-ins and resale of used goods varies from state to state or city to city. It is not Best Buy's rule, and varies from store to store depending on where you live.

I went to a store to do a trade-in and they asked for a Best Buy receipt. WTF?
According to BB's own FAQ:
Q: Is trade-in limited to items I bought at Best Buy?
A: No.

I don't know why this happens, but apparently some stores do not have their system setup to take non-BB purchased items at this time. Check the link above regarding stores that do video games trade-ins first.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Medal of Honor is gonna drop TIV...saw a post on SD for that game from Amazon Warehouse for $13.99 each. Better get those games traded in!!

wow best buy customer service hits a new low. tried to trade in 3 moh ps3 and 3 moh 360 and the girl behind the counter said i couldnt because they only accept 3 games of the same title. i told her that it was per system but she wouldnt budge. she then proceeded to call what i was doing "shady" and that she didnt have to take any games if she didnt want...sure maybe i had some attitude but no retail person should be calling a customer shady.

[quote name='ahwang826']wow best buy customer service hits a new low. tried to trade in 3 moh ps3 and 3 moh 360 and the girl behind the counter said i couldnt because they only accept 3 games of the same title. i told her that it was per system but she wouldnt budge. she then proceeded to call what i was doing "shady" and that she didnt have to take any games if she didnt want...sure maybe i had some attitude but no retail person should be calling a customer shady.[/QUOTE]

:lol: In her defense, this is in essence like pawning. And we've heard plenty of stories of GameStop employees getting trade-ins from actual shady people who bring in many multiple copies of games for cashing in (which Best Buy does offer since the last time I traded I was given a cash option, of course less value than getting credit), so she had reason to doubt your trade. Just try again another day and maybe not bring all six games at once although my local store didn't bat an eye when I brought in two copies of CoD:WaW for the 360 and another two for the PS3. YMMV, as they say.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']anyone ever lockin online but tradein at a store for the locked value? I have a disc only copy of Star Wars FU2. locked in when it was $25 and have a week left until the 30 days. the current $20 tiv is decent but I paid about $22.xx from gs (and have few weeks to return)[/QUOTE]

They changed the policy to "must be received within 14 days", so I dunno if you are guaranteed that $25 TIV or not. Def not gonna get the locked in value in-store though. The store goes by whatever the Estimator says as the time of your trade-in.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']anyone ever lockin online but tradein at a store for the locked value? I have a disc only copy of Star Wars FU2. locked in when it was $25 and have a week left until the 30 days. the current $20 tiv is decent but I paid about $22.xx from gs (and have few weeks to return)[/QUOTE]

IF ONLY there was a place that had frequently asked questions. Located somewhere accessible by everyone like the 1st page

[quote name='ahwang826']wow best buy customer service hits a new low. tried to trade in 3 moh ps3 and 3 moh 360 and the girl behind the counter said i couldnt because they only accept 3 games of the same title. i told her that it was per system but she wouldnt budge. she then proceeded to call what i was doing "shady" and that she didnt have to take any games if she didnt want...sure maybe i had some attitude but no retail person should be calling a customer shady.[/QUOTE]

You should have took your phone out, turned the recorder on and asked her to repeat everything.

[quote name='aznhero913']You should have took your phone out, turned the recorder on and asked her to repeat everything.[/QUOTE]

no he shouldn't. When trading in stuff with high values that shouldn't be that high, don't bring attention to yourself. A few minutes of satisfaction is not gonna help in the long run.

[quote name='imacgod']:lol: In her defense, this is in essence like pawning. And we've heard plenty of stories of GameStop employees getting trade-ins from actual shady people who bring in many multiple copies of games for cashing in (which Best Buy does offer since the last time I traded I was given a cash option, of course less value than getting credit), so she had reason to doubt your trade. Just try again another day and maybe not bring all six games at once although my local store didn't bat an eye when I brought in two copies of CoD:WaW for the 360 and another two for the PS3. YMMV, as they say.[/QUOTE]

If they don't want to take 3 copies of a game per system, then they need to change their policy? Either take three or don't take three, but they don't get to say they take 3 and then say you stole them when you try to do exactly what they have asked you to do.

[quote name='DerClaw']If they don't want to take 3 copies of a game per system, then they need to change their policy? Either take three or don't take three, but they don't get to say they take 3 and then say you stole them when you try to do exactly what they have asked you to do.[/QUOTE]

or just go to a different Best Buy if you encounter problems. think from their perspective.
you DONT want to be the person who just accepted possible stolen goods.
Yes i know you didnt steal them, but they dont know that. people lie all the time.

[quote name='DudeImGodly']or just go to a different Best Buy if you encounter problems. think from their perspective.
you DONT want to be the person who just accepted possible stolen goods.
Yes i know you didnt steal them, but they dont know that. people lie all the time.[/QUOTE]

The policy is to take three copies of the game, with no receipt -- if best buy doesn't want to do that, then they can change their policies; if best buy wants to do that, then they need to make their employees follow best buy's policies.

Don't want to take three copies? Fine, change it to take less copies.
Think people trading in are thieves? Fine, require receipts and signed affidavits.

These employees are completely in the wrong and best buy should fix it. Best buy can create whatever policies it wants for their trade in program, but they need to make the employees start following the policies.

I mean, what you are advocating would be like some BB employee deciding that the return period of 30 days for LCD tvs is a little long and could lead to people "renting" TVs from BB, so they refuse to let you return your TV when you go back in on the 27th day, because they think 12 days is better. Hourly employees don't get to change the policies of a company just because they think it should be different somebody much more intelligent than them -- with actual money on the line probably -- established a different policy for reasons that random hourly employees don't get to re-assess.

[quote name='DerClaw']The policy is to take three copies of the game, with no receipt -- if best buy doesn't want to do that, then they can change their policies; if best buy wants to do that, then they need to make their employees follow best buy's policies.

Think people trading in are thieves? Fine, require receipts and signed affidavits.

These employees are completely in the wrong and best buy should fix it. Best buy can create whatever policies it wants for their trade in program, but they need to make the employees start following the policies.

I mean, what you are advocating would be like some BB employee deciding that the return period of 30 days for LCD tvs is a little long and could lead to people "renting" TVs from BB, so they refuse to let you return your TV when you go back in on the 27th day, because they think 12 days is better. Hourly employees don't get to change the policies of a company just because they think it should be different somebody much more intelligent than them -- with actual money on the line probably -- established a different policy for reasons that random hourly employees don't get to re-assess.[/QUOTE]

Go back and read their policy. On the dealtree main trade site for bestbuy it even says
We reserve the right to refuse any trade-in for any reason.
It's a liability reason, if they find it suspicious then they can deny you if they want, yes their policy states a MAX of 3 games, does not state they HAVE to take 3 games. There is a difference. Some bestbuys actually request receipts. I know when I was trading in some games from Gamestop to bestbuy they questioned me on why i was trading in multiple copies, when I told them I was just switching credit over from Gamestop to a more useful Bestbuy credit and showed them a receipt proving I bought them, they lightened up to me trading in multiples of games ever since.

The employee's are not the bad guys in this situation, it's just a misunderstanding and a need to secure their job. If they took in stolen items even if you signed the form saying you didn't steal them, then they would probably be hit pretty hard for being the one to take them in. Look at it from their perspective.

[quote name='DerClaw']The policy is to take three copies of the game, with no receipt -- if best buy doesn't want to do that, then they can change their policies; if best buy wants to do that, then they need to make their employees follow best buy's policies.

I mean, what you are advocating would be like some BB employee deciding that the return period of 30 days for LCD tvs is a little long and could lead to people "renting" TVs from BB, so they refuse to let you return your TV when you go back in on the 27th day, because they think 12 days is better. Hourly employees don't get to change the policies of a company just because they think it should be different somebody much more intelligent than them -- with actual money on the line probably -- established a different policy for reasons that random hourly employees don't get to re-assess.[/QUOTE]

Stop before you go on one of your "blue shirts" tirades. :roll: You can take that over to Slick Deals.

Once again you talk about hourly employees as if they're inferior to you. Apparently that "random hourly employee" had a brain like and was trying to save her and her store from having to deal with any liabilities had our fellow boardie trader actually obtained those games illegitimately. Ultragamer explains it quite well why this employee is actually a responsible employee. This isn't anything new. Try trading back too many textbooks to a school bookstore, and you will raise eyebrows. Try this at a GameStop, and they too may refuse to do the trade.

And for your TV example, most stores (and I think Best Buy; can't remember their return procedure) ask for ID and keep a record. If you've done enough "renting", you can be sure they will end your "renting" spree. Store policy don't apply to people that appear to be trying to scam the store.

Gamestop won't even take more than 1 copy.

Amazon used to take 3. Now they take 2.

I bet you Best Buy will limit it to 2 soon as well. Just because people can't be fucking discreet with their trade ins.

Yes, the rules are 3 of a platform. But bringing 3 x 2 each of the same game at one time is just moronic. Do that shit in two trades and nobody will blink.

[quote name='imacgod']Stop before you go on one of your "blue shirts" tirades. :roll: You can take that over to Slick Deals.

Once again you talk about hourly employees as if they're inferior to you. Apparently that "random hourly employee" had a brain like and was trying to save her and her store from having to deal with any liabilities had our fellow boardie trader actually obtained those games illegitimately. Ultragamer explains it quite well why this employee is actually a responsible employee. This isn't anything new. Try trading back too many textbooks to a school bookstore, and you will raise eyebrows. Try this at a GameStop, and they too may refuse to do the trade.

And for your TV example, most stores (and I think Best Buy; can't remember their return procedure) ask for ID and keep a record. If you've done enough "renting", you can be sure they will end your "renting" spree. Store policy don't apply to people that appear to be trying to scam the store.[/QUOTE]

I said they were inferior to the people at best buy making the policy. Because they are. If you work at BB, you are subordinate to whoever is making the policies for BB, so I don't see what your problem is? I'm sure that every blueshirt at every bestbuy is a unique snowflake that could actually run the company better than the people that have earned that position, but unfortunately, that's not the way companies are run.

Regarding the "any reason" from ultragamer: It doesn't make any sense to reject games that are within the rules as part of that "any reason." If it does make sense to do so, then there are no rules and they can just do whatever, so how are people supposed to plan their activities accordingly? They can't and that would be a stupid policy: Which is why the people working at best buy should not feel it is there job to re-evaluate the policies.

EDIT: and your thing about the TV return is a non-issue, that's not what I said, that's not what the hypothetical was, and that's not what's happening in an analogous situation. An analogous situation to your example would be if she looked in the system and saw that the guy trying to do the trade in was the same guy that returned the games that turned up stolen two weeks ago.

EDIT2: And just because I hate blueshirts for the way they treat me when I'm in their store, doesn't change the fact that I'm correct and no company could ever be run if the hourly employees were given permission to randomly alter policies based on their own ideas and preferences.

[quote name='DerClaw']
Regarding the "any reason" from ultragamer: It doesn't make any sense to reject games that are within the rules as part of that "any reason." If it does make sense to do so, then there are no rules and they can just do whatever, so how are people supposed to plan their activities accordingly? They can't and that would be a stupid policy: Which is why the people working at best buy should not feel it is there job to re-evaluate the policies.[/QUOTE]

ding ding ding.

Actually, they can reject any trade for any reason and that is iron clad. If you don't like it, don't trade there. They obviously couldn't do it based on race and any protected classes.

Like my man Marlo said, "You want it to be one way, but it's the other way."

[quote name='confoosious']ding ding ding.

Actually, the can reject any trade for any reason and that is iron clad. If you don't like it, don't trade there. They obviously couldn't do it based on race and any protected classes.

Like my man Marlo said, "You want it to be one way, but it's the other way."[/QUOTE]

There are rules. They are posted on their website. They are supposed to take the three copies. If you had the capacity to take it up the chain of command of BB on the spot right there, you'd get to trade in the 3 x 2 games -- which means that the employees are not supposed to be changing the policies like that.

Yes, the "any reason" language is in their policy, but it is not intended to vest hourly employees with the right to randomly change the policies that bb has for accepting trade ins. BB would never have intended that, because nobody would ever be able to figure out if they could trade anything in to BB.

You guys are being obtuse because you like BB more than I do, clearly, but if you stop trolling for 2 seconds, you'd agree that BB would never intend for their hourly employees to be able to change these kinds of policies.

[quote name='DerClaw']Regarding the "any reason" from ultragamer: It doesn't make any sense to reject games that are within the rules as part of that "any reason." If it does make sense to do so, then there are no rules and they can just do whatever, so how are people supposed to plan their activities accordingly? They can't and that would be a stupid policy: Which is why the people working at best buy should not feel it is there job to re-evaluate the policies.
[/QUOTE]

Well you're not supposed to buy games just to trade to Bestbuy. If you walked in with 4 games that were all different, or even 5 games and 2 were the same, they wouldn't find anything suspicious about it unless they were recently robbed of those exact games or a similar situation. But someone coming in with 6 of the same game is most likely a shady person to begin with, even if they aren't stolen.

If you don't like it, then trade into their online store and wait 2-3 weeks to get your giftcard or go to Gamestop and Amazon for your trades. No one is forcing you to trade at Bestbuy, if you want to trade there you follow their rules.

[quote name='Ultragamer']Well you're not supposed to buy games just to trade to Bestbuy. If you walked in with 4 games that were all different, or even 5 games and 2 were the same, they wouldn't find anything suspicious about it unless they were recently robbed of those exact games or a similar situation. But someone coming in with 6 of the same game is most likely a shady person to begin with, even if they aren't stolen.

If you don't like it, then trade into their online store and wait 2-3 weeks to get your giftcard or go to Gamestop and Amazon for your trades. No one is forcing you to trade at Bestbuy, if you want to trade there you follow their rules.[/QUOTE]

I do structure my trades as to not draw attention to it, but you guys are jumping all over somebody that did exactly as you said -- "if you want to trade there you follow their rules." -- and got turned away. He followed the rules, he brought in only 3 titles per platform. He should be able to do so, because best buy told him he should be able to.

He was following the rules and was turned away, so what rule is he supposed to follow? Nobody knows, if what you guys are saying is correct! Bring in some games! Don't bring in games! Who knows what we'll do! Maybe you get a car, maybe a gift certificate, maybe we're not taking trades today! -- companies cannot work like that.

EDIT: and why are people not supposed to buy games just to trade in to best buy? Best buy has offered to buy our games, they don't care where they come from -- only the hourly employees working in the store seem to care where they came from.

[quote name='DerClaw']There are rules. They are posted on their website. They are supposed to take the three copies. If you had the capacity to take it up the chain of command of BB on the spot right there, you'd get to trade in the 3 x 2 games -- which means that the employees are not supposed to be changing the policies like that.

Yes, the "any reason" language is in their policy, but it is not intended to vest hourly employees with the right to randomly change the policies that bb has for accepting trade ins. BB would never have intended that, because nobody would ever be able to figure out if they could trade anything in to BB.

You guys are being obtuse because you like BB more than I do, clearly, but if you stop trolling for 2 seconds, you'd agree that BB would never intend for their hourly employees to be able to change these kinds of policies.[/QUOTE]

What did you call me?

[quote name='DerClaw']There are rules. They are posted on their website. They are supposed to take the three copies. If you had the capacity to take it up the chain of command of BB on the spot right there, you'd get to trade in the 3 x 2 games -- which means that the employees are not supposed to be changing the policies like that.

You guys are being obtuse because you like BB more than I do, clearly, but if you stop trolling for 2 seconds, you'd agree that BB would never intend for their hourly employees to be able to change these kinds of policies.[/QUOTE]

Their "rules" posted on the site say they won't take more than 3, no where does it state they are supposed to take 3 copies of each copy, it just says no more than 3. the "any reason" policy is there to be used however an employee wishes to use it. If they want to use it to say they will only take one for each system they can. If they want to say they will only take the 3 of the games but not the other 3 because they don't want to, they can. It's there to be used as the employee or manager of the store feel fit in order to protect themselves.

[quote name='DerClaw']I do structure my trades as to not draw attention to it, but you guys are jumping all over somebody that did exactly as you said -- "if you want to trade there you follow their rules." -- and got turned away. He followed the rules, he brought in only 3 titles per platform. He should be able to do so, because best buy told him he should be able to.

He was following the rules and was turned away, so what rule is he supposed to follow? Nobody knows, if what you guys are saying is correct! Bring in some games! Don't bring in games! Who knows what we'll do! Maybe you get a car, maybe a gift certificate, maybe we're not taking trades today! -- companies cannot work like that.

EDIT: and why are people not supposed to buy games just to trade in to best buy? Best buy has offered to buy our games, they don't care where they come from -- only the hourly employees working in the store seem to care where they came from.[/QUOTE]

You brought in 3 copies of the game for each system, how is that not suspicious in any way. You fail to realize how it looks from the other perspective. If you were in the position of the employee and you thought it was suspicious you would plainly risk your job and take the trades? For some reason I don't think so.

The trade-in program is for people with used games to be able to turn them in so they can get new games for them, not for people to buy games to turn for a profit. Yes they take any game regardless where it came from, but the intended purpose is for people to turn in their old games they no longer play so they have a little help in getting new games.

[quote name='DerClaw']Yes, the "any reason" language is in their policy, but it is not intended to vest hourly employees with the right to randomly change the policies that bb has for accepting trade ins. BB would never have intended that, because nobody would ever be able to figure out if they could trade anything in to BB.

That is the exact intention. These employees are just as responsible for their store's well-being as the management. They represent Best Buy no matter their pay or where they are in the corporate ladder. They better turn away any shady traders if they think the store is about to get scammed. You can bet she would've lost her job if this trade happened and turned out to be done with stolen goods. So again, why are you talking down the hourly employee for doing their job? Do you want Best Buy to be more blatant in their policy? Does "If the games you brought appear to be acquired through illegitimate means, we have the right to turn you away," or can you use your brain, like an hourly employee, and see that's the purpose of that line in the policy? Was your first summer job? Working as CEO of a big company? I don't understand why you think the hourly employee is supposed to be just a drone and slave to your bidding.

And are you sure you're not trolling us? Do you buy and trade at Best Buy so you can come back here and bitch? If you hate them so much you can stop going there already.

[quote name='Stimes']I'm on DerClaw's side. The customers always right, just do your job.[/QUOTE]

While I don't agree or disagree with derclaw and everything that has been said the customer is not always right. Anyone that has worked retail for any extended period of time can tell you that there are TON'S of people that will complain and make a scene just trying to get something for free or discounted.

[quote name='Stimes']I'm on DerClaw's side. The customers always right, just do your job.[/QUOTE]

The vast majority of people who spout that line have never worked retail and dealt with all the unruly and problem customers (I don't say that as an insult at you - just as a generality). These customers think they can get whatever they want by ignoring important details/policies or get away with whatever the hell they want by yelling, bitching, and moaning at the right people. They hide behind the mantra of "the customer is always right" because it gives them an excuse to be complete jackasses and let someone else suffer the consequences.

"Who cares if item X is on sale? I want item Y for the same price!"

"I want this item! You're out of stock? This store is run by a bunch of monkeys who don't know the first thing about supply and demand! I want to speak to your manager about compensation for my trouble!"

"You're out of item Z? But it's advertised in this week's paper! This is bait and switch, and I'm not putting up with it! I'm contacting the authorities; they'll have this store shut down within the hour!"

These people walk all over you and your story policies because they know they can. It's absolutely disgusting, and they single-handedly disprove the notion that the customer is always right.

*deep breath* Sorry, I've been sitting on that rant for a while now. I needed to get it out.

EDIT: Aww, mrright4you4now beat me to the punch.

Who is scamming who?

Yes their are people out there who capitalize on high TIV but their are many more people who trade in a new release game and only get 20% back from Bestbuy, Gamestop etc. whom then turn around and resell it for a 200% profit.

I don't feel bad for getting in on good trade-in opportunities a few times a year. However I'll never understand the overachiever who makes it his or her responsibility to try and shut me down when I'm playing within the rules.

This goes for using coupons, price matches etc. I have found Best Buy to be the most inconsistent retailer in that regards.

[quote name='Stimes']Seems the video game trade in estimator is currently down.[/QUOTE]
I just used it to get a quote for WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2011. $30 which isn't bad.

[quote name='person123']I think Medal of Honor is gonna drop TIV...saw a post on SD for that game from Amazon Warehouse for $13.99 each. Better get those games traded in!![/QUOTE]

called it. MoH is down to $8.

Whew, glad I locked in a few copies of MoH online....I guess I'll be mailing those, since I waited a day to long to bring em in store.

Sorry if this has been asked before but I don't recall seeing it...

Has anyone had success sending incomplete games to bb and getting the full value? I have a disc only and a few without manuals I want to send in.

[quote name='cheeky']Sorry if this has been asked before but I don't recall seeing it...

Has anyone had success sending incomplete games to bb and getting the full value? I have a disc only and a few without manuals I want to send in.[/QUOTE]

Would also like to know.

I called the customer support line and they verified that no case or manual was needed. I sent a bunch in last week as disc only in gamestop paper sleeves so we'll see in about a month or so (just a joke..but not really)lol.

When you trade in games online do you guys have an option of stating if the game is complete or just cd only? I just sent a trade in and I don't see that option. All BB asked me is if the game is playable. Then when I click on my account it has 2 items that needs to be verified. It says condition status playable, and the next line says original case and artwork complete. I'm only sending in a couple of cds. I no longer have the manual and case.

yeah guess it's paper sleeves time for my Medal of Honors. thinkn bout keeping one but all i need is TIER1 and beat frontline on hard for 2 more plats...
every copy I have seen comes with frontline tho, right. limited editions only included weapon unlocks and battlefield 3 betas, right? cuz i dont want to rent this and frontline be missing. yeah, i think im trading all 4 in and just doing a rental cuz i dont think i wanna keep this...

I traded The Sims 3, Hot Pursuit, and Bulletstorm at a Best Buy today; ($25,$30,$30). I think I read somewhere before that you cannot use a Best Buy Gift card to buy other gift cards? I'm probably mistaken, but have any of you used a Best Buy gc to purchase an Amazon gift card instore?

I traded The Sims 3, Hot Pursuit, and Bulletstorm at a Best Buy today; ($25,$30,$30). I think I read somewhere before that you cannot use a Best Buy Gift card to buy other gift cards? I'm probably mistaken, but have any of you used a Best Buy gc to purchase an Amazon gift card instore?

i did earlier this week. my store is outta $50 kindle cards now that i raided them.

ADVICE PLEASE!!!!

What do you all mean... when you say lockin your price at best buy?

I have $165 credit at GS... which I am trying to flip to BB. Right now all the SIX games that I am willing to trade in... are worth $30 TIV.

Hoping to turn $165 GS to $180 BB... but scared that by the time my package get here on WEDNESDAY, the TIV will be lower.

[quote name='BeLIKEcoon']ADVICE PLEASE!!!!

I have $165 credit at GS... which I am trying to flip to BB. Right now all the SIX games that I am willing to trade in... are worth $30 TIV.

Hoping to turn $165 GS to $180 BB... but scared that by the time my package get here on WEDNESDAY, the TIV will be lower.[/QUOTE]

Go through the process of sending them in and they give you a quote that is good as long as they get the games with in 14 days. I locked in MOH for $20 on Thursday and good thing I did because the system has been down at my local store since then and now MOH is $8 TIV. Will be sending it in Monday.

[quote name='BeLIKEcoon']ADVICE PLEASE!!!!

Hoping to turn $165 GS to $180 BB... but scared that by the time my package get here on WEDNESDAY, the TIV will be lower.[/QUOTE]

go to the trade in estimator site,
create an account add the games you want to trade in to your cart.
Submit the trade.
you've now locked in the games at whatever their current value is.
you have 14 days to send the games in from whatever day you lock it in.
I recommend you choose to ship with UPS as their ground service is faster than the USPS parcel post

Stimes & DudeImGodly

THANKS FOR THE ADVICE!!!
Can I lock in my price online TODAY... as a backup plan.
In case the games TIV in-store lowers from now until WEDNESDAY. I really would like to do this in the store. It's a lot FASTER.

Would BB charge me anything for canceling my trade in request online?

How many days does UPS take to ship from northern California to the trade-in center? I'm trying to figure out how many days I have to beat MoH before sending it out. thanks in advance!

[quote name='ragingst0rm6']How many days does UPS take to ship from northern California to the trade-in center? I'm trying to figure out how many days I have to beat MoH before sending it out. thanks in advance![/QUOTE]

UPS Ground is 5 Days max to anywhere in the US
Parcel Post is 2-9 days

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back