CAG PSN Gamesharing #2 - Find/Create a Gameshare Group & Gameshare FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='jamehze']I'd want in on this. I have a FF7 share and I own hard copies of FF8 and 9, but I'm good for any others except for PS+ classics released. The more PS1 classics the better as well for me.[/QUOTE]
Would you be interested in a long-term group? I've been wanting to put together a long-term PSone classics group for a while, we'd get a batch of games first and then over time vote and add past and newly released classics to the mix. Unfortunately I haven't really found anyone here interested, most rather just get an account with 1-3 games which I understand, but I want to stand saving on account space.

[quote name='Buuhan1']Would you be interested in a long-term group? I've been wanting to put together a long-term PSone classics group for a while, we'd get a batch of games first and then over time vote and add past and newly released classics to the mix. Unfortunately I haven't really found anyone here interested, most rather just get an account with 1-3 games which I understand, but I want to stand saving on account space.[/QUOTE]

You could count me in for a long term one there are quite a few ps one games I'd be interested in

[quote name='Junno']We're missing one person in our MK Klassic Kostume group.

We just need someone with Mileena and we'll have all 7 kostumes under one account, so first come, first serve.

We also plan on making it a long term MK group and download all upcoming future MK DLC.

PM if interested.[/QUOTE]

Okay count me in. Got a Mileena code to put in :)

[quote name='Donut2922']Okay count me in. Got a Mileena code to put in :)[/QUOTE]

Nice!

Ok, group's full. As soon as PSN comes up, all 7 Kostumes will be in the account.

Thanks everyone in the group.

[quote name='Buuhan1']Would you be interested in a long-term group? I've been wanting to put together a long-term PSone classics group for a while, we'd get a batch of games first and then over time vote and add past and newly released classics to the mix. Unfortunately I haven't really found anyone here interested, most rather just get an account with 1-3 games which I understand, but I want to stand saving on account space.[/QUOTE]

We tried doing this ages ago, but I never heard back. I would totally be interested in this.

Interested parties:

1. buuhan1
2. daver16
3. gmoney1234567890
4. chickenbutt
5. jamehze

[quote name='backseatdog']Hey guys, the complete Ultra costume pack for Super Street Fighter 4 was suppose to be out today on PSN for $18. Anybody interested in gamesharing it once PSN comes back up?

I'll host if no one else can do it. It's supposedly $18 so, it will be $3.60 per person.

1. backseatdog (host)
2. antlp89

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Sure, I'm down.

I'm just wondering, and worrying too I guess, but there's no way that when PSN comes back up, all the accounts passwords will be reseted or something like that right?

Because if something happens where we would need to choose a new password by going to the email that crated the account or something like that, or if shares are deactivated and they would need to be reactivated, well, that'll be hell :/

I have no idea how that would work though, I'm just wondering here. Anyone has any idaea?

[quote name='whitedemon']Just a quick question... Will DLCs from US store work with the game bought in EU? I see that most of you are from North America...[/QUOTE]
DLC is region locked.
Meaning US DLC will only work with US game.
Same thing with EU and PAL.

Thanks for the fast response... So it seams I have to find some EU sharing group for MK DLCs... Darnit.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Junno']I'm just wondering, and worrying too I guess, but there's no way that when PSN comes back up, all the accounts passwords will be reseted or something like that right?

Because if something happens where we would need to choose a new password by going to the email that crated the account or something like that, or if shares are deactivated and they would need to be reactivated, well, that'll be hell :/

I have no idea how that would work though, I'm just wondering here. Anyone has any idaea?[/QUOTE]
Hopefully Sony simply suggests to change the password, cause if they reset everyones password that could potentially cause even more hell for them.

Hey, I think I'm a bit late are there any open MK costume groups that still need Kitana (lol, I know Kitana Klassic costume would be flooded by now). If not are there enough interest to start a costume group + MK2 + Castlevania SOTN (Castlevania is free provided by me)? I just thought adding in MK2 cause I want to make most out of one account, and castlevania just for kicks.

We're in deep shit, friends. Sony just revealed on the PS.blog that upon PSN coming back online ALL PSN accounts will be required to change their password to login. That means the passwords for all present gamesharing accounts are now invalid, and if the password changing requires use of the email connected to said account then a lot are gonna be completely inaccessible as we used dupe emails.

fuck, Sony! fuck!

[quote name='Buuhan1']We're in deep shit, friends. Sony just revealed on the PS.blog that upon PSN coming back online ALL PSN accounts will be required to change their password to login. That means the passwords for all present gamesharing accounts are now invalid, and if the password changing requires use of the email connected to said account then a lot are gonna be completely inaccessible as we used dupe emails.

fuck, Sony! fuck![/QUOTE]

I keep all my dummy account info in a notepad file on my computer.
lrn2bewise

So do I, but what good would it do when the email doesn't exist? Unless of course... you make it... before the password... change...

Ah. Everyone better get on signing up those dupe email accounts.

lrnt2bewise

How are your PSN groups safe? If someone logs on before you how do you prevent him from locking everyone out unless you personally know the email address password? If you didn't host that particular share or you bought it off another who wasn't hosting, how do you get that back if the chain of passing is too far back? You only have email addresses and passwords to those emails if you hosted that share. Am I missing something?

Edit:

As a heads up, I'll try to keep the passwords that I hosted with, but if not I'll change them and PM changes unless someone gets to me first and is able to contact everyone.

Bulk Share
Hoard, Swords and Soldiers, Soldner X-2
Dungeon Alliance, Clash of Heroes
Borderlands DLC
Tales of Monkey Island
BFBC2 Onslaught/1943

I don't have the emails for:
Prototype/Trine
FF7
Uncharted 2 DLC/Shatter

I sold my slots off ages ago, but PM me and I can try to help out.

Let everyone know my Parasite Eve and Parasite Eve II group is safe now as well. No problems now that I signed up the email, lol. I'm gonna do that for all future gamesharing now, no more dupes.

Q: When or how can I change my PlayStation Network password?

A: We are working on a new system software update that will require all users to change their password once PlayStation Network is restored. We will provide more details about the new update shortly.

For a Host to trace the current PS3's that rightfully own a share will be near impossible (that's if they didn't sell their share). It'll be interesting how Sony do this considering PS3 activations, auto-login and wallet funds.

Well I checked to see the email used for shares I hosted worked...

Gund. Collection
Dead Nation
BFBC2 Vietnam
Sega Sale (Sonic 4, After Burner...and other games)

When PSN comes back on I will post up the original email (slightly hidden), if users recognize the email then they should pm me with the original pass. Once 4 users (or after waiting a given time period) I will proceed send out new pass. I figure that more than 4 users could have the password (trading, selling of shares), but if they had the integrity enough to do the trade, sell of share I doubt they would to try to do something shady now. This should work...I think.

Also there is one share that I have hosted that I no longer have the share for; once psn goes up I guess I do the same method to fix any problems.

There are some shares that I didn't hosted that I can't account for...not sure what to do there. Hopefully cause my system is activated to that account I could at least still play the games.

I've still got that Vietnam share on my end which you originally hosted for dejeckt. About your unaccounted shares, just post the email username and I assume someone can help out.

[quote name='jamehze']I've still got that Vietnam share on my end which you originally hosted for dejeckt. About your unaccounted shares, just post the email username and I assume someone can help out.[/QUOTE]

Yea, no worries. I can't really do anything about it now, but when PSN goes back up I prolly do something like this...

(following is fake, just to illustrate an example, please do not pm)

Lost Game Shares

DLC Penguins gone Mad Group
feet****[email protected]

the asterisks mark 'hidden' letters and/or numbers

Please pm if you recognize this share with the original password. I will pm new password to users who respond. I will wait for 4 users to respond or x amount of days, and even after all users respond I will wait 2~3 days to send out new pass just to make sure to avoid grievances (unlikely, but old share holder could possibly retake the acct...which shouldn't even matter cause theres already 5 actives systems so that old share holder couldn't really do anything).

Anyone interested in doing a game share for...

MK Klassic Kostumes + Castlevania SOTN + MK2
all you need is a unique klassic costume code plus the cost for the MK2 share. The castlevania sotn is my way of adding incentive to my this share (cause presumingly Kitana costume is lowest valued costume at the moment)

1. (host...I guess) deject - Kitana

Lol, i went and made 3 Hotmail accounts for my mule PSN accounts. Heres to hoping Activations dont get cancelled though, i'd rage if i lost all the games i havent even started playing yet

Shank ($15)
1 slot available - $3.00

Mirror's Edge Pure Time Trial DLC ($10)
2 slots available - $2.00 each

flOw ($8)
3 slots available - $1.60 each

InFamous ($30)
1 slot available - $6.00

Shank ($15)
1 slot available - $3.00

Mirror's Edge Pure Time Trial DLC ($10)
2 slots available - $2.00 each

flOw ($8)
3 slots available - $1.60 each

Password change.. i don't think changing the password will effect gameplay , but you definitely won't be able to sell off your share once you're done.

I don't see why it'd be an issue, who says we HAVE TO change the pass... I mean, these accounts are full anyway!
I'll probably switch the ones I hosted to a temporary one, then back to what it was lol

[quote name='jamehze']How are your PSN groups safe? If someone logs on before you how do you prevent him from locking everyone out unless you personally know the email address password? If you didn't host that particular share or you bought it off another who wasn't hosting, how do you get that back if the chain of passing is too far back? You only have email addresses and passwords to those emails if you hosted that share. Am I missing something?

Edit:

As a heads up, I'll try to keep the passwords that I hosted with, but if not I'll change them and PM changes unless someone gets to me first and is able to contact everyone.

Bulk Share
Hoard, Swords and Soldiers, Soldner X-2
Dungeon Alliance, Clash of Heroes
Borderlands DLC
Tales of Monkey Island
BFBC2 Onslaught/1943

I don't have the emails for:
Prototype/Trine
FF7
Uncharted 2 DLC/Shatter

I sold my slots off ages ago, but PM me and I can try to help out.[/QUOTE]

i think we'll be okay. the 5 PS3's are all activated having logged in once before already.

For one half of us (that keep the DLC to play), you just play like normal since it's already downloaded to your PS3.

For the other half looking to sell (only people in the gameshare could potentially rechange the password. but then again, that's always been the case in the 1st place). if they were to change the password the 5 PS3's that were already activated couldn't be resold anyway.

This has all been one big master plan by Sony to get back at all of us.

I think this shirt is relevant here:

http://store.penny-arcade.com/products/it-only-does-tee

zayBu.jpg

[quote name='Donut2922']i think we'll be okay. the 5 PS3's are all activated having logged in once before already.

For one half of us (that keep the DLC to play), you just play like normal since it's already downloaded to your PS3.

For the other half looking to sell (only people in the gameshare could potentially rechange the password. but then again, that's always been the case in the 1st place). if they were to change the password the 5 PS3's that were already activated couldn't be resold anyway.

This has all been one big master plan by Sony to get back at all of us.[/QUOTE]

It's not always about selling though. If I run out of space on my PS3 either by memory or number of users, I like to delete things to make space for the future. If I want to redownload them for the future, I'm screwed if I'm not in contact with the host and the password has changed. Recently I purchased a couple of shares and someone had activated my share along with their's, stealing it from me. I asked around for the original host and how slots went from one to another to try to trace things back, but a lot of it was guesswork.

If sony wants to have at least some semblance of password protection they should hash their passwords well. Another safety measure would be not allowing your password to be the same as the 5 before which is a rather common measure if they don't hash.

Even if it had the potential of happening before, it was only a potential. At this point when the PSN comes back up, everyone has to change and it is unknown what your host or other people plan to do with that information. They could either keep the same password, or if new security measures have taken place, they could change to a new one. This has the potential to get complicated.

I think it's going to be first-come, first-serve with the passwords when PSN comes back up. You'll auto-login or whatever then be prompted to change your password. I can also see activations being reset, so people in gameshares won't have the unlock key to things already on their HDD.

I have quite a few PMs to send once this fiasco fizzles.

In case people are curious about password changing. This is taken from PlayStation Blog's update.

[quote name='"Sony"']
Q
: When or how can I change my PlayStation Network password?
A: We are working on a new system software update that will require all users to change their password once PlayStation Network is restored. We will provide more details about the new update shortly.[/QUOTE]

Like I suggested, hosts (me included) will just need to change temporarily the pass, and then switch it back to what it was...

[quote name='NSYNC']I think it's going to be first-come, first-serve with the passwords when PSN comes back up. You'll auto-login or whatever then be prompted to change your password. I can also see activations being reset, so people in gameshares won't have the unlock key to things already on their HDD.[/QUOTE]
No reason why we'd lose the activations, I can still play any gameshared game fine right now!

[quote name='jamehze']It's not always about selling though. If I run out of space on my PS3 either by memory or number of users, I like to delete things to make space for the future. If I want to redownload them for the future, I'm screwed if I'm not in contact with the host and the password has changed. Recently I purchased a couple of shares and someone had activated my share along with their's, stealing it from me. I asked around for the original host and how slots went from one to another to try to trace things back, but a lot of it was guesswork.

If sony wants to have at least some semblance of password protection they should hash their passwords well. Another safety measure would be not allowing your password to be the same as the 5 before which is a rather common measure if they don't hash.

Even if it had the potential of happening before, it was only a potential. At this point when the PSN comes back up, everyone has to change and it is unknown what your host or other people plan to do with that information. They could either keep the same password, or if new security measures have taken place, they could change to a new one. This has the potential to get complicated.[/QUOTE]

But with the practicality of redownloading gameshares, I think your situation will apply to a minority on here. Not that it helps you I understand but most others won't need to redownload their software since they either are already playing it or will only sign up for what they currently want.

[quote name='meeek']Like I suggested, hosts (me included) will just need to change temporarily the pass, and then switch it back to what it was...[/QUOTE]

Didn't think of this, that's a great idea. We should probably all use this to limit the confusion.

I don't get what all of you all are ranting about with the gameshare accounts. If you have a gameshare account.. you have logged in and downloaded the game or games or dlc's .. and then you log back into your main account in which you mainly play on.

The stuff is already downloaded so you'll have access to it through your main account which no one has the password to except .. ANONYMOUS haha.. so you don't need to worry about the password change on sub accounts that you don't even log into anymore anyways so why are all of you freaking out?

I have reptile and subzero I would like to get a group together for MK costumes. Whoever has the MK2 listed in the group above I already have that and don't have Castelvania so would probably be doing a separate account just for the MK costumes.. anyone else in ?

[quote name='GirlsRscandalouz']I don't get what all of you all are ranting about with the gameshare accounts. If you have a gameshare account.. you have logged in and downloaded the game or games or dlc's .. and then you log back into your main account in which you mainly play on.

The stuff is already downloaded so you'll have access to it through your main account which no one has the password to except .. ANONYMOUS haha.. so you don't need to worry about the password change on sub accounts that you don't even log into anymore anyways so why are all of you freaking out?[/QUOTE]

Unless you plan on reselling your slots or deleting and retrieving PSN items this does not concern you.

hey...

@ gmoney123... yea ur definitely in.

@ girlsrscand... would u consider still joining our group? how about if I be willing to pay ur share for mk2 seeing that u already have it (offering this cause ur adding in two costumes). I'm not even too sure about mk2, just thought of adding it to make the acct more worthwhile

[quote name='jamehze']Unless you plan on reselling your slots or deleting and retrieving PSN items this does not concern you.[/QUOTE]
I don't see how you can "resell" slots. They have already been downloaded on another system. that counts as one of the 5 systems. Regardless of whether or not all accounts will have to do password changes. You have no reason to have to sign into that account or change the password.. it's just sitting there.

[quote name='dejeckt']hey...

@ gmoney123... yea ur definitely in.

@ girlsrscand... would u consider still joining our group? how about if I be willing to pay ur share for mk2 seeing that u already have it (offering this cause ur adding in two costumes). I'm not even too sure about mk2, just thought of adding it to make the acct more worthwhile[/QUOTE]
I'd like to do a long term Mortal Kombat DLC account, I'm also looking to add Need for Speed Hot Pursuit and Shift 2 Unleashed DLC's

so would love to get a Need for Speed group together.. any interested?

[quote name='GirlsRscandalouz']I don't see how you can "resell" slots. They have already been downloaded on another system. that counts as one of the 5 systems. Regardless of whether or not all accounts will have to do password changes. You have no reason to have to sign into that account or change the password.. it's just sitting there.[/QUOTE]

actually you can resell; the seller has to deactivate the account that contains the share being sold. what this does is disvalidates ur ps3 from playing the game (even if it's installed) and allows one more slot for the purchaser to have. **edit** just read the quote u were responding to, I was wrong nd took ur comment out of context

going back to my previous post, I would rather do a share of mk classic costumes + SSIV ultimate costume pack + Castle. SOTN (free) but I assumed not too many people would be interested in that combination (but if gmoney and/or other interested party members are willing I am more than happy to)

**edit**
@ girlsrscandalous
long term? possible, but I'm not even sure what kind of mk dlc would pop up

[quote name='dejeckt']actually you can resell; the seller has to deactivate the account that contains the share being sold. what this does is disvalidates ur ps3 from playing the game (even if it's installed) and allows one more slot for the purchaser to have.

going back to my previous post, I would rather do a share of mk classic costumes + SSIV ultimate costume pack + Castle. SOTN (free) but I assumed not too many people would be interested in that combination (but if gmoney and/or other interested party members are willing I am more than happy to)[/QUOTE]
So you have
1-seller
2-buyer
3-buyer
4-buyer
5-buyer

You're saying 1-deactivates his and loses the ability to play the game or dlc and can sell one share?

I mean to me that's kind of pointless because you're giving up what you made an account to share in order to get whatever game or DLC in the first place right?

^^^ now I'm just confused...
It makes sense to eventually selling the share for the following reasons...
a. hated the game in question
b. finished the game and no reason to replay
c. limitation of only 16 unique users/psn account per PS3 (meaning if u have ur main acct + 15 shares u can't do nemore shares but if u get rid of one u r essentially making room for a new share)
d. saw some awesome deal for a pound of rubber bands on sd but u don't have $2 for it (lol) so u sell a share
e. etc
again, I'm confused but hopefully that might answer ur previous question

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back