CAG PSN Gamesharing #2 - Find/Create a Gameshare Group & Gameshare FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='bill123']I will say for any of the gamehares I got from people if i get to changing the passwords first they will be the exact same as before. I hope everyone else can do the same.[/QUOTE]

Same here
It's the decent thing to do

[quote name='Buuhan1']A Sony rep confirmed that you'll be able to password reset on any system the PSN account is activated on, not just the system it was "originally" created on.[/QUOTE]
Conflicting information, this comment from Sony's director of corporate communications says the password will be reset via valid email or the hardware on which the account was created.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/02/playstation-network-security-update/#comment-549990

As an added layer of security, the password can only be reset on the hardware in which it was created, or through a validated email confirmation. If necessary, Customer Service representatives have alternative methods of validating accounts, but the primary means will be through the console on which the account was created.

The question is, how do they know what system it was activated on?
Seems fishy to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Oaxan']The question is, how do they know what system it was activated on?
Seems fishy to me.[/QUOTE]

It's possible they kept records of the system ID that the account was created on. They'd simply have to set up the password reset to only accept the change for that original System, or if not available, through a validated email

[quote name='dcibass16']Anyone want to start another Mortal Kombat costume group? I have the Reptile costume.[/QUOTE]

im in I have kitana

Somewhat related, since I downloaded the blue toad murder files or whatever when it was free, but accidentally deleted it from my Ps3, will I still be able to download it for free even after it goes back to regular price on the account I dl'd it from?

You should be able to, I think once something is downloaded its considered purchased and can be downloaded again. Its just the same as sale Items you dont have to pay the difference if you re-download it when the price goes up again.

[quote name='Foxx']Anyone wanna start a Fallout New Vegas DLC group?

The 3 new DLC's just got release dates/details.[/QUOTE]

I would be in if it included Dead Money as well.

[quote name='Oaxan']Somewhat related, since I downloaded the blue toad murder files or whatever when it was free, but accidentally deleted it from my Ps3, will I still be able to download it for free even after it goes back to regular price on the account I dl'd it from?[/QUOTE]
Yeah you will, provided it is on (the account's) download list. If it's ps+ content, remember that you won't keep the stuff when ps+ expires.
Btw, you guys will get 60 days for the apocalyPS3/playstationNOTwork issue... and all regular users 30 days.

[quote name='Oaxan']Somewhat related, since I downloaded the blue toad murder files or whatever when it was free, but accidentally deleted it from my Ps3, will I still be able to download it for free even after it goes back to regular price on the account I dl'd it from?[/QUOTE]

just go to your download history and redownload it.
Once PSN is up again of course.

I don't know anything about a free blue toad murder, but there have been instances in the past where a game was given away for free and not added to your download list. Flow is one example, I think Ragdoll Kungfu might be another but I'm not sure. If it was part of PS Plus then it should be on the download list.

[quote name='Foxx']Anyone wanna start a Fallout New Vegas DLC group?

The 3 new DLC's just got release dates/details.[/QUOTE]
Yea I'd be down for that

I'm kinda interested in the New Vegas but since I have the Canadian disc I think it'd be incompatible with US DLC. This is the only game I own that is specified as Canadian. In our store the Fallout DLC has two versions, one for the french disc and one for the english disc. And apparently our english disc is different from the US disc.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I'm kinda interested in the New Vegas but since I have the Canadian disc I think it'd be incompatible with US DLC. This is the only game I own that is specified as Canadian. In our store the Fallout DLC has two versions, one for the french disc and one for the english disc. And apparently our english disc is different from the US disc.[/QUOTE]
Look at the number on the side of your FO3 disc box, if there's a 1 in a circle, you can get the US DLC!

I have a hard time believing:
1) guys from Québec would have the same game than frenchies
2) they'd make a Canada-specific disc

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I'm kinda interested in the New Vegas but since I have the Canadian disc I think it'd be incompatible with US DLC. This is the only game I own that is specified as Canadian. In our store the Fallout DLC has two versions, one for the french disc and one for the english disc. And apparently our english disc is different from the US disc.[/QUOTE]
Look at the number on the side of your FO3 disc box, if there's a 1 in a circle, you can get the US DLC!

1) devs would make a Canada-specific disc, with 2 regions for Canada
2) guys from Quebec would have the same game than Europeans

[quote name='meeek']Look at the number on the side of your FO3 disc box, if there's a 1 in a circle, you can get the US DLC!

1) devs would make a Canada-specific disc, with 2 regions for Canada
2) guys from Quebec would have the same game than Europeans[/QUOTE]
It's nothing to do with regions, they are considered different titles with different product codes. On my save file it says Fallout New Vegas (CA). On the store there are two versions of each Fallout 3 DLC, you have to look up the BLUS product code on your disc to see which one to buy. I'm not making it up. I remember reading that the GOTY edition of F3 had a Canada-specific problem that they had to patch, something to do with save files.

[quote name='GirlsRscandalouz']So Fallout New Vegas DLC group:

1.Halfwasted
2.Foxx
3.Junno
4.(Myself)
5.???????[/QUOTE]

Not sure how I missed this, but if a spot opens up please let me know :)

[quote name='Midguy']This outage is starting to really piss me off. I'm on the verge of just buying shit on XBL.[/QUOTE]

Started to already because still had around 5000 points from Bing and card sales.

[quote name='Tdwp_do0d']I'll take the last slot if it's available.[/QUOTE]

For you and Aza.

If one of you two can host I guess thats fair for whoever can join. I'd host it myself but I can only use Paypal at the moment.

[quote name='Foxx']For you and Aza.

If one of you two can host I guess thats fair for whoever can join. I'd host it myself but I can only use Paypal at the moment.[/QUOTE]
We can't do shit until Playstation gets their head out of their ass and gives us our network back haha

[quote name='GirlsRscandalouz']We can't do shit until Playstation gets their head out of their ass and gives us our network back haha[/QUOTE]

Not true! We can join a thousand shares while it comes up, that way we'll know beforehand how big of a loan to take out to buy them all when PSN does come up.

[quote name='Junno']Not true! We can join a thousand shares while it comes up, that way we'll know beforehand how big of a loan to take out to buy them all when PSN does come up.[/QUOTE]

Not much activity once the PSN went down. Hopefully once it's back up this forum will be more lively.

maybe not for me my ps3 died and i need to get a new one. i cant deactivate any of the accounts. looks like im gonna have to start over

[quote name='adamsant12']maybe not for me my ps3 died and i need to get a new one. i cant deactivate any of the accounts. looks like im gonna have to start over[/QUOTE]

Contact Sony after all the PSN bullshit passes.

[quote name='adamsant12']maybe not for me my ps3 died and i need to get a new one. i cant deactivate any of the accounts. looks like im gonna have to start over[/QUOTE]
depending on what it is you might be able to do a quick fix .. deactivate your stuff then send it in. Depending on which system you have. I just bought a broken 80gb backwards compatible for $50 and sent it into to Sony for $130 they send you the packaging..pay for shipping back and forth.. and gave me a brand new (well refurbed) but everything inside and out is new 80gb for a total of $150 can't beat that anywhere

[quote name='GirlsRscandalouz']oh and if you have a non BC version.. they offer you a new 160gb for $99 total instead of $130[/QUOTE]

Nice, I may look into craigs list for a broken ps3 then :)

[quote name='Foxx']For you and Aza.

If one of you two can host I guess thats fair for whoever can join. I'd host it myself but I can only use Paypal at the moment.[/QUOTE]

I defer to TD. if he can host he can have, if not I can host. Who knows maybe you will be able to host by the time PSN is back :)

[quote name='backseatdog']some rumors spreading around saying psn won't be back until may 31st...sigh.[/QUOTE]

Saw the same date in an interview with Capcom about the outage. Guess it's time to shop for a Xbox Live sub.

Ok If God made the world in 7 days why can't Sony get it's head out of its ass and fix this in over three weeks time now? This should be a work around the clock issue. It's really beginning to piss me off and say fuck Sony

[quote name='GirlsRscandalouz']depending on what it is you might be able to do a quick fix .. deactivate your stuff then send it in. Depending on which system you have. I just bought a broken 80gb backwards compatible for $50 and sent it into to Sony for $130 they send you the packaging..pay for shipping back and forth.. and gave me a brand new (well refurbed) but everything inside and out is new 80gb for a total of $150 can't beat that anywhere[/QUOTE]
Quick fix? if ps3's opened, sony won't do anything for adamsant!
Best he can do is open it, fix it, deactivate, and reactivate on a new ps3, if he can afford one, of course...

[quote name='meeek']Quick fix? if ps3's opened, sony won't do anything for adamsant!
Best he can do is open it, fix it, deactivate, and reactivate on a new ps3, if he can afford one, of course...[/QUOTE]
You're incorrect. It doesn't matter if it's been opened it just won't be covered under warranty if one remains. Mine had been opened and I verified they would still do this before shipping even if the side sticker was removed or showed "void" after you bend or tamper with it. They basically ask you what lights show.. if it's yellow it has to do with overheating. So they basically automatically send you an exact replacement. The guy on the phone told me they'd do that before I even sent mine in and that's exactly what they did. Shipping to and getting another back is super fast takes less than two weeks

Don't know what Sony does when they replace your system but might be possible to take a hard drive out and put it into another PS3 to deactivate the accounts before shipping your system to them. Again not sure how accounts are associated with the PS3 system.

[quote name='GirlsRscandalouz']Ok If God made the world in 7 days why can't Sony get it's head out of its ass and fix this in over three weeks time now? This should be a work around the clock issue. It's really beginning to piss me off and say fuck Sony[/QUOTE]

Really? This is seriously what you're going for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back