CAG Warhawk Night [TBD]

[quote name='m_d_amore']wish the friday night games gave points :([/QUOTE]I never will because I want to open it to non clan members, but keep the game to CAG exclusive. Plus, we play for fun, points aren't everything. :p

So I decided to play a little non-cag warhawk for the first time in probably months and I need to say now I'm confused. I jumped into some ranked zones matches (other game type servers were full or nearly empty), and I came in first place in the first 3 games I played (the first one I was only in half the game). Normally I'm happy to be middle of the pack on cag nights. So either a bunch of you are really awesome or the random people in ranked games online are terrible (I don't think I'm particularly good).

In the public games I've played, except for one or two people on either team, everyone plays every mode like it's deathmatch. So, if you actually make capturing bases your focus, you should have no trouble coming in near the top. :)

Ugh, I was about to pick this up from Amazon for $15 but found out that you have to pay for the expansion packs, and there are three of 'em at eight bucks each, putting that $15 purchase closer to $40. Is it fair to say that either the servers require the expansions, or the people that don't have the expansions are at a disadvantage?

[quote name='arnoldhead']Ugh, I was about to pick this up from Amazon for $15 but found out that you have to pay for the expansion packs, and there are three of 'em at eight bucks each, putting that $15 purchase closer to $40. Is it fair to say that either the servers require the expansions, or the people that don't have the expansions are at a disadvantage?[/QUOTE]There are servers without expansions. Not everyone has them.

[quote name='arnoldhead']Ugh, I was about to pick this up from Amazon for $15 but found out that you have to pay for the expansion packs, and there are three of 'em at eight bucks each, putting that $15 purchase closer to $40. Is it fair to say that either the servers require the expansions, or the people that don't have the expansions are at a disadvantage?[/quote]

I have and like them, but the official servers that use them are always full when I look so I normally play in non-expansion servers anyway.

[quote name='happy']So I decided to play a little non-cag warhawk for the first time in probably months and I need to say now I'm confused. I jumped into some ranked zones matches (other game type servers were full or nearly empty), and I came in first place in the first 3 games I played (the first one I was only in half the game). Normally I'm happy to be middle of the pack on cag nights. So either a bunch of you are really awesome or the random people in ranked games online are terrible (I don't think I'm particularly good).[/quote]

I don't know what your rank is, but it's possible you were in a "newbie" server.

[quote name='arnoldhead']Ugh, I was about to pick this up from Amazon for $15 but found out that you have to pay for the expansion packs, and there are three of 'em at eight bucks each, putting that $15 purchase closer to $40. Is it fair to say that either the servers require the expansions, or the people that don't have the expansions are at a disadvantage?[/quote]
Most Friday's and Saturday's at least half of the matches are non booster and there are plenty of official and public servers that are non booster. Plus (at least there was, I think it's still there) a bundle of all three boosters for ~$15.

I joined late tonight, but played a bit, I definitely need more practice, but it was fun...I'll try to join on a regular basis...

I had to leave early,had some stuff to do...a bit unbalanced though.I shoot someone with my sniper rifle in a jeep, and in midair;I dont remember who that person was.

[quote name='aihuman']I had to leave early,had some stuff to do...a bit unbalanced though.I shoot someone with my sniper rifle in a jeep, and in midair;I dont remember who that person was.[/quote]

That was me. Not only did you do that, but I was carrying the flag and you got me as I was jumping over the little gap meaning the flag fell into the water and got instantly returned. It was the greatest shot I've ever seen.

I still got 3 flag captures and my hat trick trophy in that round though.

I bought the game and all the expansions on a whim not long ago. Just ranked past Sergeant so I'm out of the newbie servers and back on the bottom. Play mostly on large public servers so I can blend in and do my thing. Oh, and I have a mic, too, so if anyone wants to add me...

PSN: OatmealMu

Not a serious - or particularly good - player. Just for fun and looking to relive some of those Battlefield memories where I'd screw around with some friends. These kinds of games are always better with good company.

LOL I still can't get the Sarge rank.. I can't get the "Warhawk Recruiting" award for the life of me so don't feel bad.

Just to let everyone know, I'll try ranked this week, but will switch to unranked if we don't get enough people before the first pre-game is over.
Because of this, only CAG Members will be able to join.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Sinistar']LOL I still can't get the Sarge rank.. I can't get the "Warhawk Recruiting" award for the life of me so don't feel bad.[/QUOTE]

Join a 32-player CTF rookie server and wait until that island map comes up. Got it my first time despite our team being dominated. This might've worked to my advantage, actually, since I had a steady stream of victims. Hop in a warhawk and look for a clusterbomb.

Once I got the clusterbomb, I hung around my own team's anti-air cannons for cover while keeping an eye on any incoming vehicles. Spent the entire match dropping clusterbombs making absolutely sure I got it.

I suck at flying and even I managed to rank up. Kind of miss my old stomping grounds, though. :(

[quote name='mguiddy']Just to let everyone know, I'm not trying ranked this week. :cry:
I'm sure we'll have 10+ people all night long because of it. :lol:[/QUOTE]

could ya at least try pretty please :D

[quote name='m_d_amore']could ya at least try pretty please :D[/quote]
Ok, we'll try.

Just to let everyone know, I'll try ranked this week, but will switch to unranked if we don't get enough people before the first pre-game is over.
Because of this, only CAG Members will be able to join.

[quote name='OatmealMu']Join a 32-player CTF rookie server and wait until that island map comes up. Got it my first time despite our team being dominated. This might've worked to my advantage, actually, since I had a steady stream of victims. Hop in a warhawk and look for a clusterbomb.

Once I got the clusterbomb, I hung around my own team's anti-air cannons for cover while keeping an eye on any incoming vehicles. Spent the entire match dropping clusterbombs making absolutely sure I got it.

I suck at flying and even I managed to rank up. Kind of miss my old stomping grounds, though. :([/quote]

OK thanks for the tips I'll try that.. I think I need one vehicle and one troop kill but then it said I need 3 "bonus points" what are bonus points?

[quote name='Sinistar']OK thanks for the tips I'll try that.. I think I need one vehicle and one troop kill but then it said I need 3 "bonus points" what are bonus points?[/quote]

The WH recruiting ribbon nets you 3 bonus points towards your total round score. Don't forget it isn't just the troop and vehicle kill, you have to spend at least 4 minutes in a aircraft.

Try TOWing. You're at least sure to get a vehicle kill that way.

It was great tonight, had a blast :) first time I've been on WH in a long time.

I soooo hate that jetpack Hero level on the tiny island. I get so bored that I just fly away and try to snipe from the far islands...

[quote name='metaly']I can't believe you guys have been playing for four hours straight.

I wish I didn't have work to do. :drool:[/quote]
Neither can I.:lol:

I was minutes away from shutting down when we got an eighth player, then we played an hour more. :whee:

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']It was great tonight, had a blast :) first time I've been on WH in a long time.

I soooo hate that jetpack Hero level on the tiny island. I get so bored that I just fly away and try to snipe from the far islands...[/quote]
Did you buy the wife some earplugs? :cool:

You and freaky always seem to get bored on Hero Close Corridors.:cry:

I gotta remember to do Hero on Grinder next week... Anyone else hungry right now?
1219645933097lk1.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I thought I played for a long time when it started approaching 1 in the morning. That close corridors hero level wasn't great because one team had a 2 man advantage it appeared.

And thanks aihuman for letting my ride around in your jeep turret in the regular deathmatch, everyone else tried to kill me when I got in.

[quote name='mguiddy']Did you buy the wife some earplugs? :cool:[/quote]

She was using sleep blinders and earplugs, yep. But I hear absolutely no conversation because the volume is so low, and I can't use a headset anymore.
The real problem with low volume is that sometimes I can't hear a lot of obvious things anymore, like people sneaking up behind me with a knife or incoming homing missles until, uh, I die :wall:

[quote name='mguiddy'] You and freaky always seem to get bored on Hero Close Corridors.:cry:[/quote]
Probably because I really like jetpacks for travelling quickly, but I'm not that good at CQC with them. My hundreds of random deaths and no kills makes it boring to me.
When that map comes up, maybe Freaky and I should just fly off to the islands and snipe at each other. :lol:

[quote name='mguiddy']
I was minutes away from shutting down when we got an eighth player, then we played an hour more. :whee:[/quote]
Was that when I came on? I got home from work and one of my work friends said he was going to probally play Warhawk, so I turned on the PS3 and saw the CAG game still going on and was really surprised. I had fun in the match, good times. Then when the game got shut down I played for a few more hours on other random ranked servers.

[quote name='happy']Wow, I thought I played for a long time when it started approaching 1 in the morning. That close corridors hero level wasn't great because one team had a 2 man advantage it appeared.

And thanks aihuman for letting my ride around in your jeep turret in the regular deathmatch, everyone else tried to kill me when I got in.[/quote]

Yeah, it seems mdam0re quit playing but left his PS3 running Warhawk, which I appreciated, even though it caused at least a one man advantage for the rest of the night that was impossible to fix (due to team balance).

And yeah, thanks to aihuman for saving me some ammunition. :twisted:;)

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']She was using sleep blinders and earplugs, yep. But I hear absolutely no conversation because the volume is so low, and I can't use a headset anymore.
The real problem with low volume is that sometimes I can't hear a lot of obvious things anymore, like people sneaking up behind me with a knife or incoming homing missles until, uh, I die :wall:

Probably because I really like jetpacks for travelling quickly, but I'm not that good at CQC with them. My hundreds of random deaths and no kills makes it boring to me.
When that map comes up, maybe Freaky and I should just fly off to the islands and snipe at each other. :lol:[/quote]

:whistle2:# :rofl: She was actually using earplugs. :lol:
Maybe you should look into getting some wireless headphones, of course if you only do late night gaming on Saturday it might not be worth the investment.

Maybe I'll shorten that map next week.

[quote name='fuss']Was that when I came on? I got home from work and one of my work friends said he was going to probally play Warhawk, so I turned on the PS3 and saw the CAG game still going on and was really surprised. I had fun in the match, good times. Then when the game got shut down I played for a few more hours on other random ranked servers.[/quote]
It wasn't long before you came on.
Kandal was the one that kept us playing, but you kept us playing longer (as I think he left rather quickly). :lol:

[quote name='happy']
And thanks aihuman for letting my ride around in your jeep turret in the regular deathmatch, everyone else tried to kill me when I got in.[/quote]
I got a ribbon for it Outstanding Transportation.:lol:

I'm getting this soon in the mail thanks to Amazon selling it for cheap. What expansions would you guys recommend? I'd like to play on CAG nights as well, so I guess whatever you guys usually roll with.

[quote name='ohvermie']I'm getting this soon in the mail thanks to Amazon selling it for cheap. What expansions would you guys recommend? I'd like to play on CAG nights as well, so I guess whatever you guys usually roll with.[/QUOTE]Half expansions (all of them), half not. If I notice everyone with expansions are only play, I go expansions only.

If anyone that has played Warhawk wants me to put them in the clan, I will.

[quote name='ohvermie']I'm getting this soon in the mail thanks to Amazon selling it for cheap. What expansions would you guys recommend? I'd like to play on CAG nights as well, so I guess whatever you guys usually roll with.[/quote]
I haven't looked, but if the expansion bundle (all of them for ~$15) is still in the store that's the way to go.
Personally, I only really like the Broken Mirror expansion, but I usually have rounds from all three Saturday nights.

Oh, I didn't really look to see how much the expansions cost. If they're ~15 for all three, I'll just get all of them. I thought they were like $19 a piece or something.

[quote name='ohvermie']Oh, I didn't really look to see how much the expansions cost. If they're ~15 for all three, I'll just get all of them. I thought they were like $19 a piece or something.[/QUOTE]It's $15.99 for all three, to be exact.

So I am kinda ticked at this game right now. I got 1000+ binocular airstrike kills the other night and it did not give me my Warhawk award for it. I know I have had 10+ kills in a single ranked game before but I went and played a game doing nothing but getting airstrike kills - ended up with 14 kills IAR - all airstrike kills. Still no award...... WTF?? :bomb::bomb:

[quote name='fuss']So I am kinda ticked at this game right now. I got 1000+ binocular airstrike kills the other night and it did not give me my Warhawk award for it. I know I have had 10+ kills in a single ranked game before but I went and played a game doing nothing but getting airstrike kills - ended up with 14 kills IAR - all airstrike kills. Still no award...... WTF?? :bomb::bomb:[/quote]
I don't know, but during last Saturday's game, I got two badges. One was Master Rocket, the other was Master or Warhawk defense, I wasn't really paying attention :oops:, but later the only one that showed up was the Master Rocket.:cry:

[quote name='mguiddy']I don't know, but during last Saturday's game, I got two badges. One was Master Rocket, the other was Master or Warhawk defense, I wasn't really paying attention :oops:, but later the only one that showed up was the Master Rocket.:cry:[/quote]
A month after I got my master rifle badge, the game awarded me my bandit rifle badge again. So now if you look at the date awarded it looks like I got my master badge before my bandit badge.

I set up a club in Home for CAG Warhawk. There's not much to it for now, but I thought a place to meet up and launch games might come in handy.

I've got no work and don't really feel like going out anywhere this weekend so I'm going to make my return to CAG Warhawk this weekend. I'm charging my headset in anticipation \\:D/ I need to upgrade to the official headset...

[quote name='iggywiggum']I set up a club in Home for CAG Warhawk. There's not much to it for now, but I thought a place to meet up and launch games might come in handy.[/quote]
I wish I had home.
[quote name='GodlyOne']I've got no work and don't really feel like going out anywhere this weekend so I'm going to make my return to CAG Warhawk this weekend. I'm charging my headset in anticipation \\:D/ I need to upgrade to the official headset...[/quote]
I look forward to killing you.:evil:Onto the official headset.I cant understand anyone with the headset.Except for mguiddy who frequetly wooos and hurts my ear.:cold:

[quote name='GodlyOne']I've got no work and don't really feel like going out anywhere this weekend so I'm going to make my return to CAG Warhawk this weekend. I'm charging my headset in anticipation \\:D/ I need to upgrade to the official headset...[/quote]

Let me know if you want to buy my official headset. I went back to my Jabra BT500.

I probably won't be at the game tomorrow because it will be BURRITO TIME! But I'll try to show on Saturday.

[quote name='aihuman']I wish I had home.

I look forward to killing you.:evil:Onto the official headset.I cant understand anyone with the headset.Except for mguiddy who frequetly wooos and hurts my ear.:cold:[/quote]
I woo a lot? I didn't realize... Seriously, I thought I rarely spoke, or at least activated the mic, since I'm constantly cursing. :lol:

I will admit that I'm a bit like an old person using a phone (that is, if not screaming, talking louder than usual) since I'm using the eye.

[quote name='metaly']Let me know if you want to buy my official headset. I went back to my Jabra BT500.

I probably won't be at the game tomorrow because it will be BURRITO TIME! But I'll try to show on Saturday.[/quote]

For a second there I thought you meant you were going back to the pack-in Warhawk headset, was a little confused. :lol: Yeah, I'll PM you if I decide to actually get an official headset.

bread's done
Back