CAGLS: Madden 13 Gentlemen's League - We Finished! Thanks for Playing!

[quote name='GamerDude316']I'm assuming Houston just signed Phil Dawson for one preseason game and will be dropping him after...right?[/QUOTE]

I didn't sign anyone?

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']I would assume so. Though, in the future, I would prefer if people announce these moves in the thread, so we can at least be sure that they're aware that it's being done for that specific reason. If he's out of his game and still has him on the team though, that's a problem.

Yeah...I'm sure he's not aware that he completely broke league rules on that one. You'll get Witten though. No worries.[/QUOTE]

I haven't been on since halfway through the draft. I haven't signed anyone nor have I even looked at my Xbox since the draft? Lol

[quote name='staticz']Are you sure we can't have two picks?! There are two guys I really want :/

Team: Panthers
Player Added: Paul Soliai, DT[/QUOTE]

a good pick, I was very close to grabbing him as well.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Chicago Bears
Player Added: Bradley Landi, WR[/QUOTE]

That was the other guy I was looking at. He is slower, but I think he'll do well.

[quote name='staticz']That was the other guy I was looking at. He is slower, but I think he'll do well.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've got speed guys for the sidelines, but I think he'll do a good job in the middle of the field.

how long are advancement period going to be during preseason. just curious so i know how to plan the games accordingly

[quote name='DVO21']how long are advancement period going to be during preseason. just curious so i know how to plan the games accordingly[/QUOTE]

One day. We'll be advancing to Week 2 tonight. Injuries are off. I'm really not worried about preseason. If I want to try my team out, I'll just do the practice. The games are just too tedious with how jumbled the rosters tend to be during preseason.

Free Agent Draft

Please use the following format:

Example
Team: Tennessee Titans
Player Added: Reginald Johnson, TE

The following teams are now free to add one free agent. Anyone from this group can make a selection. You don't have to wait on the team ahead of you.

Group 1
1. Chargers - Ryan Anderson, WR
2. Browns - Israel Jones, WR
3. Packers
4. Giants - Jason Witten, TE
5. Cowboys - Tom Brady, QB
6. Falcons - Reggie Jones, FS
7. Raiders - Allen Baker, HB
8. Rams - CPU

Group 2
9. Steelers - Duane Tyson, WR
10. Buccaneers - Mikhail Smith, WR
11. Jaguars - Todd McClure, C
12. Panthers - Paul Soliai, DT
13. Colts
14. Cardinals
15. Patriots
16. Bears - Bradley Landi, WR

[quote name='Docb9110']I haven't been on since halfway through the draft. I haven't signed anyone nor have I even looked at my Xbox since the draft? Lol[/QUOTE]

Then somebody's telling stories about you trying to get you in trouble, lol.

The hell?I get online and it says I signed Jason Witten. Idk if the cpu did it cause I need another TE to play games but I didn't do that I just cut him btw idk what his bonus was but I only have 1.94 left now and this sucks cause I had about 11 mil in cap space. Madden is really screw up.

[quote name='GpNinja']The hell?I get online and it says I signed Jason Witten. Idk if the cpu did it cause I need another TE to play games but I didn't do that I just cut him btw idk what his bonus was but I only have 1.94 left now and this sucks cause I had about 11 mil in cap space. Madden is really screw up.[/QUOTE]

You don't sign FAs to bonuses. It was probably Rookie reserve.

[quote name='GpNinja']The hell?I get online and it says I signed Jason Witten. Idk if the cpu did it cause I need another TE to play games but I didn't do that I just cut him btw idk what his bonus was but I only have 1.94 left now and this sucks cause I had about 11 mil in cap space. Madden is really screw up.[/QUOTE]

Have you tried playing your practice or preseason game? I don't know why it would automatically sign a player for you if you hadn't. I still haven't signed a punter, and when I checked earlier, I still don't have one. But I haven't tried to practice or play my game yet either. This game is crazy as hell, but there has to be some reason for it. It just doesn't make sense for it to do it for no reason unless you were on autopilot or something.

[quote name='Docb9110']Well somehow I ended up with Dawson and haven't been on so I'd say its possible.[/QUOTE]

This. GP is a vet of both leagues, don't come with torches blazing quite yet.

[quote name='Docb9110']Well somehow I ended up with Dawson and haven't been on so I'd say its possible.[/QUOTE]

It just doesn't make sense. Nobody was on autopilot when we advanced. Why would some teams sign players to fill holes and others wouldn't? Whatever. There's no real way to sort it out. Just teams need to make sure they get rid of the players they're not supposed to have ASAP. It's going to screw up the free agent draft if some players are just floating around on teams.

I just went to see if I could play my preseason game against the CPU (wasn't sure if the panthers had clicked sim or not so I figured I'd check to see if it let me in) and it popped up saying they don't meet the minimum roster requirements and that I can't play them until they do. I think the CPU will auto fill teams to get them up to the minimum if they aren't already there when the commish advances. I could be wrong though. Just a thought I had when I saw the message. So anyone who isn't planning on playing their preseason game might want to double check that their roster is filled.

[quote name='JoelyPoley']I just went to see if I could play my preseason game against the CPU (wasn't sure if the panthers had clicked sim or not so I figured I'd check to see if it let me in) and it popped up saying they don't meet the minimum roster requirements and that I can't play them until they do. I think the CPU will auto fill teams to get them up to the minimum if they aren't already there when the commish advances. I could be wrong though. Just a thought I had when I saw the message. So anyone who isn't planning on playing their preseason game might want to double check that their roster is filled.[/QUOTE]

I definitely will this evening!

[quote name='staticz']This. GP is a vet of both leagues, don't come with torches blazing quite yet.[/QUOTE]
What?? Like seriouslly I was flipping out when I saw it my stories. I didn't sign Witten I think we needa watch this more carefully.

[quote name='JoelyPoley']I just went to see if I could play my preseason game against the CPU (wasn't sure if the panthers had clicked sim or not so I figured I'd check to see if it let me in) and it popped up saying they don't meet the minimum roster requirements and that I can't play them until they do. I think the CPU will auto fill teams to get them up to the minimum if they aren't already there when the commish advances. I could be wrong though. Just a thought I had when I saw the message. So anyone who isn't planning on playing their preseason game might want to double check that their roster is filled.[/QUOTE]
Yea I tried to practice and it said I need a TE. So I am pretty sure the CPU signed Witten for me now.

I noticed the CPU puts people on the trade block automatically. Hell they put them back on the block after you pull them off even with all the auto CPU help turned off. It's a bit ridiculous and overly annoying.

[quote name='Docb9110']Has to be what happened with me as well. However for some reason Crabtree was put on the block? Didn't do that ether?[/QUOTE]

We need 2k to come out with an NFL game!

[quote name='GpNinja']We need 2k to come out with an NFL game![/QUOTE]

i dont know why every think 2k sports is the perfect fix they had there problems as well. plus look at nba2k and how well developed that franchise mode is anyone thats tried doing an online league with it knows that games a mess. i dont put money on the football version being much better

[quote name='DVO21']i dont know why every think 2k sports is the perfect fix they had there problems as well. plus look at nba2k and how well developed that franchise mode is anyone thats tried doing an online league with it knows that games a mess. i dont put money on the football version being much better[/QUOTE]
The nice thing about a 2K NFL game is that there'd finally be competition to Madden, which might (mayyyybe) cause the Madden development to be better. My favorite Madden game was 2004, and that was when NFL 2K started becoming more popular.

The only two major sports games that have competition are soccer and baseball. And every year, not surprisingly, my two favorite sports games are FIFA and MLB: The Show.

Can we all appreciate the travesty that there is no college basketball game out there? Are you kidding me, EA and 2K? IT'S BEEN OVER 5 YEARS SINCE COLLEGE HOOPS 2K8. COME ON.

College Hoops 2K8 is still a lot of fun, though. It's way better than those awful March Madness games EA has put out since then.

The Show barely had competition this year. 2K13 is just a glorified roster update. They didn't announce one thing about the game before it was released.

having a 2k game could ruin the leagues as well. how many people do u think would jump the ship to play 2K right away then the league could be half the size

[quote name='Docb9110']Has to be what happened with me as well. However for some reason Crabtree was put on the block? Didn't do that ether?[/QUOTE]

Trade blocks have been screwed up since the very first season. But at least that wasn't something that actually changed the personnel and finances of your team.

[quote name='DVO21']i dont know why every think 2k sports is the perfect fix they had there problems as well. plus look at nba2k and how well developed that franchise mode is anyone thats tried doing an online league with it knows that games a mess. i dont put money on the football version being much better[/QUOTE]

Like Kaster said, it's more about having competition. How shitty do you think Call of Duty would get if Battlefield, Medal of Honor, etc. didn't exist? EA has the luxury of knowing that anybody who likes pro football HAS to buy Madden or play nothing. Even the threat of another NFL game...regardless of how shitty it is, would at least make them consider trying a little harder.

[quote name='perdition(troy']i hope injuries are off...playing a quick preseason game with hoorox gonna try some goofy plays out[/QUOTE]

Injuries are off.

[quote name='DVO21']having a 2k game could ruin the leagues as well. how many people do u think would jump the ship to play 2K right away then the league could be half the size[/QUOTE]

Are you saying you wouldn't play in 2 Madden leagues and a 2K league? ;)

[quote name='JoelyPoley']I noticed the CPU puts people on the trade block automatically. Hell they put them back on the block after you pull them off even with all the auto CPU help turned off. It's a bit ridiculous and overly annoying.[/QUOTE]

N8 I think this is what happened with Dawson I will release him but so the game doesn't throw a bitch fit can I pick up the lowest rated kicker until open FA so it doesn't happen again?

lol actually i wouldnt i dont see the point of buying 2 games that are going to have there own different problems no matter wut game u play theres going to be an issue or two u wont like. madden would be my choice unless someone down the line changes the face completely to all football games and it just cant be beat which is highly unlikely

very fun and random game with Hoorox! Got to mic up with him a bit but then it died :( preseason games are much more fun when you are able to chat, I hate silence in them! Raphael Smith said hello league with his 1 catch for 81 yards. Louis Murphy on the steelers lit it up with 2 catches for 77 yards.

edit: picked up and dropped QB Edward Brown so I could play the game FYI, don't know if it showed up on any feeds but I don't want people thinking I'm picking up FA's

[quote name='Docb9110']N8 I think this is what happened with Dawson I will release him but so the game doesn't throw a bitch fit can I pick up the lowest rated kicker until open FA so it doesn't happen again?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's fine.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Yeah, that's fine.[/QUOTE]

Ok I just did that. I looked and like I said for some reason Crabtree was on the trade block and it picked up Dawson? Hmm...Wondering if the wonderful EA programmers tried to April fool us?

Either way, It shouldnt happen again. I also noticed I only have my Qb, I think you mentioned it before but can I grab the lowest rated QB just until Open FA. I apologize for the holes in my team just now coming to light. Apparently I lost guys I didnt realize I was gonna lose.

So, when I try to do my practice without having a punter on my roster, the game tells me "Your roster does not meet the minimum positional requirements. Sign the following players and try again: P" It's not just randomly signing somebody for me. And I've tried going into practice 3 times without signing a punter, and it gives me the same message every time. Forgive me feeling like I'm picking up a bit of a scent of bullshit in here. But I guess as long as it's taken care of, that's the most important thing.

bread's done
Back