Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='tgk2044']quick question, does meijer sell new releases at midnight? or is there some set time in the morning that they would? my roommate and i want to get this tonight if at all possible.[/quote]

They usually do... but it could be YMMV.

I know the three that I am regulars at (Alpine Ave & Wilson Ave. Grand Rapids, MI, and the Midland, MI stores) usually have all media items at Midnight of release day.

[quote name='mvp828']They usually do... but it could be YMMV.

I know the three that I am regulars at (Alpine Ave & Wilson Ave. Grand Rapids, MI, and the Midland, MI stores) usually have all media items at Midnight of release day.[/QUOTE]

alright, thats good to know. at least you're somewhat close to toledo (in someway or another). thanks for the response.

Soooo good. Im at level 14 now. Taking a one hour Heroes break.

If anyone wants to play at 10pm est, send a friend request to Puffa469.

I love me some Heroes, but I cant wait to get back on. :D

[quote name='zewone']There are slight improvements over the beta.

What do you mean the sequel will come out soon after?

COD5 hasn't even been announced.[/QUOTE]

Call of Duty: 2003
Call of Duty 2: 2005
Call of Duty 3: 2006
Call of Duty 4: 2007

Only a matter of time. Sure Infinity Ward won't be making it, but another developer will probably release a slightly modified version of the game next year with a few improvements.

BTW zewone, which game do you like best? Halo 3, TF2, or CoD4?

[quote name='levi333']Is the knife a one slice one kill still? That was the only part I didn't care for in the beta. Not very realistic often times...[/quote]

Its still a one hit kill, but you literally have to be on top of someone to hit with it. Its soo sweet to come up behind a prone sniper and just slice em. :D

[quote name='ananag112']
BTW zewone, which game do you like best? Halo 3, TF2, or CoD4?[/QUOTE]
COD4 > TF2 > Halo 3

As for the sequel, I would hope Activision would have better sense than to let anyone other than IW do COD5.

[quote name='zewone']COD4 > TF2 > Halo 3[/quote]

Agreed. Ive had more fun with the COD4 beta, and playing today than Ive had with Halo and TF3 combined.

I didn't remember it was coming out this week until 8:45 tonight. Called up GameStop and surprise, for the first time all year they actually get a game one day earlier than usual. Got there right as they were locking the doors for the night.. fuck.

Oh well, at least there's tomorrow.

[quote name='DiscoDuck8k']I didn't remember it was coming out this week until 8:45 tonight. Called up GameStop and surprise, for the first time all year they actually get a game one day earlier than usual. Got there right as they were locking the doors for the night.. fuck.

Oh well, at least there's tomorrow.[/quote]

I would call again tommorrow and make sure they have it for sale, I told my local gamestop I was going to return my preorder and they told me that was fine and that they didn't have any copys to sell because they only had enough to fill the preorders.

Looked around NW Washington state tonight and couldnt' find anybody selling this until tomorrow. Rats - last time I went around before Orange Box came out and snagged it a day early.

[quote name='Puffa469']Its still a one hit kill, but you literally have to be on top of someone to hit with it. Its soo sweet to come up behind a prone sniper and just slice em. :D[/QUOTE]

Agreed, knife attacks from behind are cool, and should be instant death in most cases. Basically all cases for the games sake.

But when you're pumping a guy with lead in CQB, and he runs right through it and knifes you right in the chest, that's un-cool, and un-realistic.

Called Walmart on my lunch break and the kid said they would be selling at 12:01 tonight. I'm back to working 2nd shift so i'm totally up for a midnight release. Come home, change clothes, eat, GAME ON! They better have it or i'm gonna be pissed...

[quote name='sasukekun']How long did it take you?[/QUOTE]
A long time.

I wasn't keeping track, but I'm going to guess 10-14 hours.

It was intense and the best COD game.

So who bought the PS3 version instead? Or has both? Which version shall I get? I need more PS3 games (only have 2), but I want the superior version. I heard this game looks better on the PS3 with better textures/lighting, can someone enlighten me?

Well shit just called Walmart by my house and the retard working said they have it but according to his paper work he can't sell it till the 7th. I hate Walmart.... Tried to call Meijer but they refuse to answer in electronics called back and told um noone was answering so he says i'm sorry i'll transfer you to electronics..... No answer so I hung up....I hate Meijer..... Called the Walmart 10 minutes away..... yea we should have it i'm looking for it now we've got several people here waiting but I gotta put away the stock I already drug onto the floor before I can bring out more and look for it..... I hate Walmart.... LOL notice a pattern of crappy workers at crappy jobs? :D

Gonna run to Meijers and then go to the 10 minute away Walmart and see if that lady found it yet. I imagine those people already waiting will help her put her boxes away. :D

-

I have all the systems and never gave a 2nd thought to which version to get. Xbox Live is greater than anything the PS3 can offer you.

LMAO, i see all these posts of ppl running around tryin to get the game and for once, Gamestop actually came thru and got this game in a day earlier than most EVERY other B&M store out there. It actually pays off to pre-order a game from them. you know wats cool, is that the new executives are actually trying to make this a growing trend throughout the company, to actually make pre-orders worth everyone's while.

I am loving this game so much, I am so glad to be rid of Halo 3 as well :D

[quote name='RiCeBo1']So who bought the PS3 version instead? Or has both? Which version shall I get? I need more PS3 games (only have 2), but I want the superior version. I heard this game looks better on the PS3 with better textures/lighting, can someone enlighten me?[/QUOTE]
The general consensus seems to be that just as with just about every multi-platform game this gen you can't tell the difference unless you compare them side by side. Get whichever you want based on other things (who you want to play online with, controller, etc)

Well i'm not playing tonight Walmart has these signs up showing all the new releases and it says 11/7 release by CoD4 and they sticking to it. Meijers is a joke I saw the door greeter, 2 cashiers and a Mexican pushing a broom who didn't speak english. I tried to use the service phone but nobody answered so I approached the broom jockey and the only English he could muster was I sweep and then he smiled proudly....... Yes yes you do, I like him. :D

I do have it ordered at GS I was just wanting to play it tonight since i'll be busy tomorrow until late after work. Was gonna return that copy to Wally World or Meijer... Oh well I tried...

Im up to level 19, I think Im just gonna hot level 20 and call it a night. As I predicted, I got to level 20 on the furst day. :D

I wonder when I'll even check out the single player? Im not all that interested in it, although the graphics looked good as hell.

I dont think there are any multiplayer acheivements. Ive been playing for 5-6 hours and I dont have one single acheivement!

[quote name='Puffa469']Im up to level 19, I think Im just gonna hot level 20 and call it a night. As I predicted, I got to level 20 on the furst day. :D

I wonder when I'll even check out the single player? Im not all that interested in it, although the graphics looked good as hell.

I dont think there are any multiplayer acheivements. Ive been playing for 5-6 hours and I dont have one single acheivement![/quote]

All the nerd points are for the single player only.

so everyone says graphics next gen and this whatever... but I think this is the first real next-gen type game to have damn amazing sound. I just want to play it mainly for that (beta sound rocked).

Wow, I really like how this handles on the 360! I was only able to play a few minutes of the Single Player last night, but I love the auto aim feature. It isn't your typical auto-aim; It's a great balance, not too cheap, but also requires some skill.

I hope mine coems in soon, sounds like fun! However, no multiplayer achievements might kill this game for me as I will have nothing to aim towards after a couple of weeks.

It was either CC and the 360 version w/ CoD3 or... I overnighted the PS3 using Prime. The PS3 version in this case doesn't look gimped, and I still prefer freeplay over Live.

[quote name='javeryh']So does CC have this available today? I'm thinking about picking this up along with the free CoD3...[/QUOTE]

My closest CC said that they hadn't received CoD4 yet and they were sold out of CoD3.

Circuit City sticks it to us once again.

[quote name='Halo05']My closest CC said that they hadn't received CoD4 yet and they were sold out of CoD3.

Circuit City sticks it to us once again.[/quote]

Wow - you would think that they would make sure they had 20 copies or so of CoD3 in stock at every store if they are going to run a sale like that...

[quote name='Halo05']My closest CC said that they hadn't received CoD4 yet and they were sold out of CoD3.

Circuit City sticks it to us once again.[/QUOTE]

The ad doesn't specify that they'd be giving out Call of Duty 3 with the game while the supply lasted, you should talk to the manager and see if they'd be willing to let you swap in a different game of equal value or discount the price of the game. They might not but you don't know till you ask.

[quote name='whiptcracker']The ad doesn't specify that they'd be giving out Call of Duty 3 with the game while the supply lasted, you should talk to the manager and see if they'd be willing to let you swap in a different game of equal value or discount the price of the game. They might not but you don't know till you ask.[/quote]

Yeah, definitely ask, but the way CC has been pushing the bait-and-switch envelope lately, I seriously doubt he'll be walking away with even COD3, much less a different game.

I was shut out virtually everywhere, even stupid ass Gamestop didnt have it in yet lol Walmart doesnt get it till the 7th, and Target had slots for it in their case but the idiot working there couldnt even give me an idea of when, he used his little scanner thing and said "none here" lol. Circuit City was the worst, and Best Buy was the same.

ah well I have it coming from Yourfree360games, but wanted it a bit sooner, guess Ill just wait

grabbed it at Gamestop, no reserve. Both circuit city's told me they wouldn't sell until 2, and one of them didn't even have any CoD3s. I wasn't going to play it anyway, so no big deal.

Circuit City sticks it to us once again.[/quote]

I had a feeling of that happening so I picked up a copy of COD3 at Circuit City on Sunday and I'm bringing in my receipt today when I (hopefully) pickup COD4 to get COD3 price adjusted to free.

See the thread in videogame deals forum, but the CC registers may have a problem nationwide that not only are they discounting CoD 3 $30 to free, but it's also discounting CoD 4 $30 also.

The DVD with the Collector's Edition better be damn good, because the art screenshot book is garbage (the front cover is thicker than the actual content).

Can anyone confirm if there is an option to adjust the sensitivity of the aiming/right stick? When I play FPS on the PC, I prefer a higher mouse sensitivty so I'm just wondering if I can adjust that on the console version as well. Thanks!

Just got the game, and had to take a break...the first level of the campaign and the Opening Intro still has me extremely dizzy...Great action and intensity...but now i dont feel so good...im gonna go lie down.

Man the beginning was sweet. I wanted to get some MP in but I had trouble connecting for some reason. Hope its not the case later when I have more time.

Good fun all around. The disc spindle is different in the case than pretty much every other 360 game I have--- held the game tighter than fort knox.

Good fun all around. The disc spindle is different in the case than pretty much every other 360 game I have--- held the game tighter than fort knox.

bread's done
Back