Comp USA Inventory Blowout $4.99 Games Starts FRIDAY!

[quote name='EXStrike']Confirmed over the weekend:

Crimson Sea 2 at 4.98
Resident Evil Outbreak File #2 at 4.98[/QUOTE]

whooah! crimson sea 2? i've been wanting that game for awhile. too bad there's no compusa in this lafayette, IN. maybe i'll check the madison, WI one when i go there in 3 weeks (probably be cleaned out by then)

Over the phone my local Comp USA told me they had no more PS2 games for under $5, but when I went there for something else they had the following PS2 games for $4.98 (a few were $2.98):

Fugitive Hunter
Extermination
Blowout
Shadowman 2
Mission Impossible: Operation Surma
X-Files: Resist or Serve
Smuggler's Run 2
Front Mission 4
Mojo
Whirl Tour
Xgra
Haven: Call of the King
Dino Stalker
Sub Rebellion
Project Eden

Plus a Gaming Edge analog PS2 controller for $2.98.

But the real question is this: are any of these games worth $4.98?

I had never heard of any of these, so I figure they might be the dregs and rejects that nobody else wanted during the "inventory blowout" sale.

[quote name='Ubichu']Over the phone my local Comp USA told me they had no more PS2 games for under $5, but when I went there for something else they had the following PS2 games for $4.98 (a few were $2.98):

Fugitive Hunter
Extermination
Blowout
Shadowman 2
Mission Impossible: Operation Surma
X-Files: Resist or Serve
Smuggler's Run 2
Front Mission 4
Mojo
Whirl Tour
Xgra
Haven: Call of the King
Dino Stalker
Sub Rebellion
Project Eden

Plus a Gaming Edge analog PS2 controller for $2.98.

But the real question is this: are any of these games worth $4.98?

I had never heard of any of these, so I figure they might be the dregs and rejects that nobody else wanted during the "inventory blowout" sale.[/QUOTE]

Shadowman is ok. X-files, Front mission 4 and Sub Rebellion are probably decent as well.

I picked up Brothers In Arms Road to Hill 30 for $9.88 and Tony Hawk's American Wasteland for $14.88, both for xbox at the Compusa in West Nyack, NY inside of the Palisades Mall...

Out of curiosity, does the fact this thread is dead mean nobody is interested in Comp USA's cheap PS2 games?

The reason I ask is I went to my Comp USA today and they had another 20 or so PS2 games marked down to $4.98. These were ones that I didn't see the week before. These were all on the shelf instead of in the clearance bin. They were not what you'd call the A quality titles, but I'd heard of some of them before (i.e. Urbz Sims in the City, Medal of Honor, NFL Street, NARC).

Is nobody else's Comp USA selling PS2 games for $4.98, or does everyone consider these particular PS2 games too crappy to be worth talking about?

Does bringing the 9.98 games and having them rang up still make them 4.99? I guess I missed the clearance big time. (the lady said the store had two bins when it first started; I got there tonight where there was one bin left) I still got some nice stuff, and it'd be really nice to get some of the 9.98 stuff for 4.98.

I found a box for .hack/Quarantine for $9.98 but when the cashier went to look for it, it was gone already. I believe they still had a couple other games but nothing I was really looking for. This was the Greenburgh/White Plains CompUSA.

Interesting. Perhaps it is only my Comp USA that has $4.98 titles. They all say "Manager's Special" and are on the normal shelves. All the sticker prices are accurate at the register. There were at least 20 $4.98 titles (some which I already had) and even more $9.98 titles. I only wrote down some of them.

The $4.98 PS2 titles that were new to me were:
Catwoman, Medal of Honor Frontline, Medal of Honor Rising Sun, Narc, American Chopper, 007 Nightfire, Urbz Sims in the City, Wolverine's Revenge, SWAT, Metal Arms Glitch in the System, Harry Potter Quidditch World Cup, Fight Club, Wave Rally, Alias, Rainbow Six 3, NFL Street, Sphinx, and I-Ninja.

Some of the $9.98 PS2 titles were: Killer 7, Pollar Express, Incredibles, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Robots, Bionicle, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Robin Hood Defender of the Crown, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Gladius, Viewtiful Joe, Conflict Desert Storm II, LA Rush, Cat in the Hat, Test Drive Eve of Destruction, Sly 2, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Killswitch, Hunter the Reckoning.

Unfortunately I don't know anything about these games, so I'll have to read the reviews to decide which are worthwhile. Does anyone care to make some recommendations?

One thing that bummed me out is that there was a sticker for God of War for $5.98, 007: Agent Under Fire for $1.98, and Splinter Cell for $.98. Unfortunately those titles were long gone. I really would like to have gotten God of War. The next cheapest place I've found is $19.99 - $5 coupon at Best Buy. Has anyone seen it anywhere in stock for under $10?

[quote name='Ubichu']Out of curiosity, does the fact this thread is dead mean nobody is interested in Comp USA's cheap PS2 games?

The reason I ask is I went to my Comp USA today and they had another 20 or so PS2 games marked down to $4.98. These were ones that I didn't see the week before. These were all on the shelf instead of in the clearance bin. They were not what you'd call the A quality titles, but I'd heard of some of them before (i.e. Urbz Sims in the City, Medal of Honor, NFL Street, NARC).

Is nobody else's Comp USA selling PS2 games for $4.98, or does everyone consider these particular PS2 games too crappy to be worth talking about?[/QUOTE]

Well first off, its CompUSA we're talking about, which in my estimation is the worst store to go game shopping. Its just not worth the effort to go in there unless its a mega deal we're talking about here (say, Xbox 360 games for $9.99!). Secondly, we've had a whole glut of clearance sales recently, and almost all the advertised titles on this list were previously marked down at Circuit City (for cheaper than $5 in many cases). And finally, the games just aren't all that interesting, its mostly B and C-list titles here that have been out for years, with some exceptions like God of War. Is anyone really going to go out and brave the heat so they can get Urbz or Robin Hood defender of the crown? The whole thing just isn't worth it, IMHO.

[quote name='Ubichu']The $4.98 PS2 titles that were new to me were:
Catwoman, Medal of Honor Frontline, Medal of Honor Rising Sun, Narc, American Chopper, 007 Nightfire, Urbz Sims in the City, Wolverine's Revenge, SWAT, Metal Arms Glitch in the System, Harry Potter Quidditch World Cup, Fight Club, Wave Rally, Alias, Rainbow Six 3, NFL Street, Sphinx, and I-Ninja.

Some of the $9.98 PS2 titles were: Killer 7, Pollar Express, Incredibles, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Robots, Bionicle, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Robin Hood Defender of the Crown, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Gladius, Viewtiful Joe, Conflict Desert Storm II, LA Rush, Cat in the Hat, Test Drive Eve of Destruction, Sly 2, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Killswitch, Hunter the Reckoning.[/quote]Buy: MoH Frontline, 007 Nightfire, Metal Arms, Sphinx, Killer 7, and Viewtiful Joe. You won't regret it.

[quote name='psiufoxx2']Buy: MoH Frontline, 007 Nightfire, Metal Arms, Sphinx, Killer 7, and Viewtiful Joe. You won't regret it.[/quote]
Thanks. I've read a lot of reviews (Gamespot and IGN have the most detailed ones but more often than not it's like reading identical reviews using different words). When it gets down to the PS2 details they almost always say something like "Compared to the Xbox, PC, or GC versions, the PS2's graphics are less sharp and the frame rate slows during intense battles or large environments". In cases like Rainbox Six 3 the reviews say the PS2 version is stripped down and lacking in details. This makes me shy away from several PS2 games even for $4.98.

The reviews of the ones you listed were all good, other than the PS2-specific graphics and slowdown issues. You'd recommend MoH Frontline over MoH Rising Sun?

By the way, the Gaming Edge controllers for $2.98 do seem to work fine. I figured they were so cheap I bought an extra. There are 6' controller extension cables for $3.98, though that seems like a lot for only 6'.

[quote name='Ubichu']The reviews of the ones you listed were all good, other than the PS2-specific graphics and slowdown issues. You'd recommend MoH Frontline over MoH Rising Sun?[/quote]I haven't completed Rising Sun.. so to be fair you may like it more than I did. But in my opinion Frontline is a more complete experience, even though it is 2 years older than Rising Sun.

[quote name='babylonian007']Oh man would I be on a six-dollar God of War if I ever saw it. :drool:[/quote]

I had them check the computers the last time I was there. GOW was 4.98 or 4.99. Of coarse there was none to be found in a 100 mile radius.

The trip to my local CUSA was actually worthwhile. They had a cart with a bunch of games and DVDs marked clearance, and there was a B2G1 free sign on it. The selection wasn't the greatest, and I didn't have a complete list of games that were reduced, but I did get the following:

PS2 Eye Toy Camera - $4.98
Xbox Soccer Slam - $9.98
PS2 Midnight Club II - $4.98
PS2 Outlaw Golf 2 - $4.98

After getting one free, the total for all four came to $21.34 with tax. I'm going back tomorrow w/the complete list, as the prices were wrong on every game I had them check (not surprising). Maybe I'll find some good games, like God of War, etc.

[quote name='msu89dawgs']The trip to my local CUSA was actually worthwhile. They had a cart with a bunch of games and DVDs marked clearance, and there was a B2G1 free sign on it. The selection wasn't the greatest...

After getting one free, the total for all four came to $21.34 with tax. I'm going back tomorrow w/the complete list, as the prices were wrong on every game I had them check (not surprising). Maybe I'll find some good games, like God of War, etc.[/quote]
Is this B2G1 free a new promo at all stores or only certain stores, and does it include all $4.98 PS2 titles or just very specific $4.98 ones in the bin (not the $4.98 ones on the shelves)?

In the last 1-2 weeks I bought about 20 PS2 games from CUSA at $4.98. If this deal works on all of them, then I wonder if I could return all my unopened $4.98 PS2 games and re-buy them under the B2G1F deal? I hope so, but I doubt I'd be so lucky to get such a discount.

I have a feeling it's YMMV, on a per store basis. The manager at my local store said that any games that show as discontinued in their computer qualify for the B2G1.

[quote name='eau']Ripped this from FW. CompUSA has a coupon for $5 off $25. Not sure if it will work on clearance games...

http://www2.swj.bz/10kaday/images/cp1.jpg[/QUOTE]
That really sucks. I bought about 50 dollars in clearance at CompUSA and didn't know about it.
It does look very plain as though the important information for the cashier got Photoshopped out. Is that true?

I called my Comp USA and of course they had no idea about a Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale on clearance games. I guess I'll have to go there myself to make sure since nobody knows anything, though I hate wasting the time and gas because chances are this sale is only in msu89dawgs' area.

I agree the $5 off $25 Comp USA coupon looks suspicious because there is no SKU, barcode, or offer # which most other stores' coupons have.

Also, on top of what Ubichu mentioned, "valid" isn't even spelled right in the coupon. I guarantee almost any cashier who looks it this coupon is going to roll their eyes

[quote name='SilverPaw750']Coupon is fake. I might drop by CompUSA tommorow...[/QUOTE]

Let us know what you find...I'm really looking for Metal Gear 2 Non-GH. If I could find just one....I'd be happy :)

i was wondering myself how did that coupon come about, from purchase? contest? kinda weird if CompUSA refuses to honor the coupon.

[quote name='suko_32']Let us know what you find...I'm really looking for Metal Gear 2 Non-GH. If I could find just one....I'd be happy :)[/QUOTE]
Ii'm going tommorow - I'll look for it.

Has anyone besides msu89dawgs found the B2G1F sale on clearance games going on at your Comp USA store?

I called my nearest store in the morning and evening. I finally talked to a manager who said he was certain that no specials like B2G1 are going on at his store. That's a bummer because in the last 2 weeks I bought a couple dozen games for $4.98 or $1.98 each, and I would've liked to get 33% back. I assume prices ending in $x.98 means clearance?

I just got a CompUsa ad in the mail-box. It says that the one in Arlington, TX has games on clearance for $4.98 :hot:. Only PS2&Xbox though.

[quote name='retrogamer85']Tried the stores near me and it's very YMMV on this deal. Nothjing remotely close to the $4.99 price point.[/quote]
Well, it was in their sunday ad. I think it was on the last page in the corner and said tons of games $4.98 or something like that.

Also my CompUsa is going out of business, so I went it to pick up a couple games so he starts ringing me up and then out of no where takes a razor blade and starts cutting out the UPC :bomb: So I was like, ummmm can I help you with something....The guy just looked at me and said we have to...

Is this even legal to do, I mean no where in the entire store did they say they were going to cut the upc up after I had bought the dam product....Oh man I am going to write a huge complaint to CompUSA over this.

[quote name='Prepster']Well, it was in their sunday ad. I think it was on the last page in the corner and said tons of games $4.98 or something like that.

Also my CompUsa is going out of business, so I went it to pick up a couple games so he starts ringing me up and then out of no where takes a razor blade and starts cutting out the UPC :bomb: So I was like, ummmm can I help you with something....The guy just looked at me and said we have to...

Is this even legal to do, I mean no where in the entire store did they say they were going to cut the upc up after I had bought the dam product....Oh man I am going to write a huge complaint to CompUSA over this.[/QUOTE]

It is wrong, and allow me to give you CrapUSA's response. "fuck YOU!"

saddly they don't care if you are screwed or not.

[quote name='Prepster']Well, it was in their sunday ad. I think it was on the last page in the corner and said tons of games $4.98 or something like that.

Is this even legal to do, I mean no where in the entire store did they say they were going to cut the upc up after I had bought the dam product....Oh man I am going to write a huge complaint to CompUSA over this.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't they have just done what a lot of the TRUs that were going out of business did during the recent clearance sales - use a permanent marker and cross out the UPC?

[quote name='anonymouswhoami']Couldn't they have just done what a lot of the TRUs that were going out of business did during the recent clearance sales - use a permanent marker and cross out the UPC?[/quote]

I just got back from my COMPUSA. They indeed used a black marker. They removed part of the wrapper and then blacked out the UPC. But it just was over the case cover.

Picked up DOA3 Non-PH (4.98).
Got 1 x Mario Party 5 for 19.98. Since it was going out of business.. Got an additional 10%. Not such a bad deal.

Went to my CompUSA, and unless I missed some big clearence bin hiding in a corner, there were almost NO games there - it had been ransacked, especially the PS2 section.

(No MGS2)

[quote name='SilverPaw750']Went to my CompUSA, and unless I missed some big clearence bin hiding in a corner, there were almost NO games there - it had been ransacked, especially the PS2 section.

(No MGS2)[/QUOTE]

Crap.

[quote name='suko_32']Crap.[/QUOTE]
Yeah...I have to say that our local CompUSA sucks ass. I have NEVER gotten a good deal there on...pretty much anything.

[quote name='Prepster']Also my CompUsa is going out of business, so I went it to pick up a couple games so he starts ringing me up and then out of no where takes a razor blade and starts cutting out the UPC :bomb: So I was like, ummmm can I help you with something....The guy just looked at me and said we have to...

Is this even legal to do, I mean no where in the entire store did they say they were going to cut the upc up after I had bought the dam product....Oh man I am going to write a huge complaint to CompUSA over this.[/quote]
That's weird. I was at that same CompUSA last Sunday and bought a GBA game. Nobody pulled out a knife to cut the UPC. There is a marker line drawn over the UPC on the box itself. The shrinkwrap over that area is ripped.

If they're starting to do that, I'm going to think twice about picking up anything else from their closing.

My local Compusa did something kind of similar during the last sale(the "wherehouse sale" ).

After the cashier finished ringing up my games she took out a sticker that said "NO REFUNDS" and stuck it over the return policy on my receipt. She said nothing about this while she was ringing up the sale and there was no signage up saying anything about this. She was also a total bitch and seemed totally unconcerned that this alarmed me.
Luckily I had only grabbed a couple games that I was sure that I wanted.

Each time I go by my Comp USA, they have a few new $4.98 titles, but nothing exciting. This time it was sports games that weren't there before (Madden 2004, Nascar Thunder 2004, etc). I'm wondering if any of those are worth $4.98 as I don't own those sports games. Reviews say they are good, but I never know if it would be worth spending a little more or waiting for a newer edition.

I confirmed the other store in my area doesn't have Buy 2 Get 1 Free. That deal was definitely not in my area, and the employees I asked about it wondered where I heard about it. When I said "the Internet", they love to say "people can post anything", but I tend to trust what people post, especially on certain forums, so I assume some areas are just lucky with localized sales.

bread's done
Back