Curb your enthusiasm for the OTT...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right, clowns have way more respect than juggalos.. you even got yer own action figure.
viol8r2.jpg

School starts tomorrow and so far my sleep schedule has been one of the worst its been in years. I woke up at 10 today. It is nice waking up to Futurama, though.:whistle2:k

All right, chocolate Lucky Charms in chocolate milk with a chocolate milk shake for breakfast. This is the breakfast of Champions right here.

Nothing like a dark and rainy Tuesday morning whilst I sit at my desk at work dreaming of Bioshock *sigh* Morning OTT :cry:

EDIT: ACK! To Demoman's avatar and my inability to adblock at work!!! Now I've gone from :cry: to :bomb:

I got a call from the Automated Gamestop service telling me that "He has great news...news...news...news..."

The recording skipped and is like that for 2 minutes, unil my answering machine hung up on him. Sooo Funny!

I'm hoping its for my Bioshock LE order.

[quote name='Number83']I got a call from the Automated Gamestop service telling me that "He has great news...news...news...news..."[/QUOTE]
Did you hear Sean "Puffy" Combs yell, "This is the remix!"?

Morning OTT.

Probably heading over to CC to get Brain Age 2 today. Their ad specifically said 'available Tuesday' (even though I'm pretty sure the release date was the 20th) so I didn't bother making the trip yesterday.

[quote name='Brak']Did you hear Sean "Puffy" Combs yell, "This is the remix!"?[/quote]

No, that would have been cool though.

I just didn't realize that Gamestop switched to vinyl records.

[quote name='zewone']Blockbuster would not let me create a account with a debit card (w/ Visa logo), I'm guessing a Visa gift card would be a no-go as well.[/QUOTE]

They just look to see if it says Debit, that's all. Anything else is fine.

So Verizon (fios TV) updated the DVR software last week and some things are better, but so far I've found a few pretty big problems.

1. It doesn't always clear off space when you delete a show. I imagine this is due to the developers trying to be cute and let you continue to play a show if you delete it while it's playing. (Or maybe that's an unexpected bug too) but I noticed last night as I was clearing out a few things the DVR was indicating the wrong amount of recorded stuff. Said I had ~48 hours when I really only had ~30 hours. I was getting worried that it would eventually completely top off with 'ghost' shows and then I wouldn't be able to record a thing. But then I decided to do a hard reboot (unplug and plug back in) and that set it back to the right time. That should be fixable with a patch, just hope they do fix it. Also hope it isn't a recurring (read - every day) problem. Unplugging the DVR is a royal PITA.

2. Didn't record a show it was supposed to get. I think this was related to #1... Hard drive was full, it tried to delete some things but the dumb DVR doesn't actually free up space when it deletes so... bad recording.

3. It now doesn't have us much space for recording! This one is really unbelievable to me. It used to hold somewhere between 70-80 hours of SD content and now it looks like it's only going to hold about 50 hours of SD content. Sheesh, what a bunch of morons. It's a 160GB HD so that means the new software image is maybe something like 30GB larger than the old one? WTF!? Or maybe it saves shows in higher quality (more MBs) or something who knows. I'm pretty sure most everyone with a DVR was pissed off on this one. I mean great it's a HD DVR but it looks like 10 hours of HD content is going to practically top the thing off now. Whoopee.

The main pro is that it's more responsive in general (wasn't bad before but now it's really quick) That's great, but I'd rather have more recording space... And when are they going to do high def content on demand. Apparently they have the infrastructure to do that, but just don't for some reason. :roll:

[quote name='zewone']Twilight Princess sucks, compared to Wind Waker and it's fucking terrible compared to A Link to the Past.[/quote]

WW sucked, definitely the worst 3D entry into the series and a serious competitor for worst overall. LttP, while a classic and very enjoyable, but can't be compared to the well done formulaic 3D entries (Majora's Mask is good, but in a different sort of way, as it's not your standard Zelda game). The style of gameplay is so different... it'd be like comparing Metroid Prime to Super Metroid... you can't do it, similar elements, but an entirely different dynamic as far as gameplay is concerned.

[quote name='Predator21281']Wubb, I've always wondered this. Why is your penguin so sad?[/quote]

Because people like you keep asking him stupid questions. :lol::roll::booty:

[quote name='wubb']He just sits there, looking to the right, reading everything I post. Thus, sad penguin.[/quote]
Maybe you should start posting about happier things?

[quote name='dcfox']Maybe you should start posting about happier things?[/quote]Or bewbz. No one can be sad while looking at bewbz. I'll help.

Boobys!!!!11! (nsfw)
adoptbooby.jpg

Woot! My copy of Bioshock was in New Stanton, PA this morning at 7am .. that means there's a good chance it will get to my house this afternoon. :pray:

[quote name='Maklershed']Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hungry.[/quote]

I'm sooo fullllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.

Pancakes, sausage, eggs w/ pico, bacon, and two piece of ham... and a big tall glass of orange juice.

I had a dream last night I banged Becca from Superbad. :/

[quote name='shrike4242']No, I'm not dead, contrary to popular opinion.[/quote]

fuck. it's a zombie. where's my shotgun!?

oh wait, it's just good ole shrike. :)

[quote name='corrosivefrost']fuck. it's a zombie. where's my shotgun!?

oh wait, it's just good ole shrike. :)[/quote]Zombie, good ole shrike, same thing.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Mrs. TFN not gonna like that one, skippy.[/quote]

especially after me getting a special treat due to her time of the month. #-o I actually wanted to have the dream about Jules' blonde friend. :cry:

[quote name='shrike4242']Zombie, good ole shrike, same thing.[/quote]

:grouphug:

Anything good I missed?

I guess I'll catch up.

Played the hell out of Donkey Konga last night while the girly friend played my PSP, Gunpey.

Didn't think she'd like it but she got pretty good.
Didn't care for Picross though.

Weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back