GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
The list of games you get an extra 20% bonus on if you also buy/preorder in the same transaction is : Dark Souls 3, Star Fox Zero, Battleborn, Doom.

Too bad Overwatch and Uncharted 4 aren't on the list, Overwatch at least has a gamestop exclusive mini winston figurine.

Can I keep trading towards the same preorder and get the 20%?

For example I trade in one set of MGS V towards a preorder of battle born and get the 20% bump. I go into a different store to trade in another set. Can I apply it to the existing preorder and get the 20% bonus? Or would it have to be a new preorder?

For example I trade in one set of MGS V towards a preorder of battle born and get the 20% bump. I go into a different store to trade in another set. Can I apply it to the existing preorder and get the 20% bonus? Or would it have to be a new preorder?
New preorder because you can't preorder a game for a different store.

You can keep trading it towards an existing if it's at the same store. But if your example, you mentioned a different store, which can't be done.

I can trade in towards Dark Souls III for 20% extra and use the $10 extra credit coupon in same transaction?
Yes and no, I think. Someone else mentioned before that in their transaction, the $10 bonus automatically applied to games that benefit most from that promotion while the 20% applies to the rest of the games that benefit the most from that one. It won't stack on a single game, but both can work on the transaction.

Again, that's from someone else's post here, so not from experience and that may be completely wrong.

Does the 20% trade bonus applied to my PSVR reorder still apply? Don't remember any specific end date on that
no

they had a banner that appeared on the Trade page week before last that said it was extended through July something ...

but it after a few hours it disappeared.

ive tried it this week and last with no go.

i think it may be because they are no longer taking preorders, so kind of semi-pointless for them to offer a bump.

alternatively, just pick one of the prerelease games that has the 20% bump now - put down $5 and apply the balance of the trade to your VR and then cancel or dont pick up the game preorder.

Yes and no, I think. Someone else mentioned before that in their transaction, the $10 bonus automatically applied to games that benefit most from that promotion while the 20% applies to the rest of the games that benefit the most from that one. It won't stack on a single game, but both can work on the transaction.

Again, that's from someone else's post here, so not from experience and that may be completely wrong.
At least on the old POS, the system would maximize the trade value for you automatically but it would only do so by picking one of the promos. For example, It wouldn’t apply a 20% bonus to one set of games and then the $10 bonus for another pair in the same transaction. It would compare the totals applied to all games between both promos and take the higher amount. In some cases, you are actually better off trading them in as separate transactions so the best recommendation is to calculate your bonuses ahead of time to have an expectation. The POS has changed since then so he might be fine but I'd recommend calculating the bonuses beforehand regardless.

Guess I'm going to trade XBC X today since I have too many RPG's in the backlog plus if I'm going to play one on Wii U it's going to be TMS: FE. Plus the original XBC just came out on VC and I'd rather try that one first. Got XBC X in a B2G1F so I'm not losing too much value.

Edit: Got $39 for it b/c I used the credit to pay off my existing pre-orders of Uncharted 4 CE and TMS: FE CE.

So, I had an atypical experience it seems and came out way ahead.

Went to trade five titles (thought I had six, but apparently left one at home) trying to combine promos if the system would allow it (fully knowing and expecting it wouldn't work that way) or at least get the most out of one promo. Did the math on my own and knew if it went either way, I was only looking at about a $5 difference, so I was fine with whatever the result.

Gave guy the five games, told him I was trading toward Dark Souls III due to a 20% promo. He scans the games, adds Dark Souls III, and then says I'm getting back around $10, but the promo ended Sunday and the 20% bonus isn't counting. I had the website pulled up and showed him the promo after he asked if it was a coupon or something else. He saw the text of the promo, the 5/15 expiration date, and then said it should be working. I saw him add a Doom pre-order, which bumped the values. He then says it should have worked and he's going to override the values.

He prints the receipt showing the values with the Doom pre-order and then overrides everything after removing Doom. I mention the $10 bonus PUR promo after he gets that done, and he says that should work too, takes a second to do stuff, then asks to scan the coupon. Scans it, and it stacks!

I'm about to double check my receipt in a minute to see how ahead I came, but all said and done, I have Dark Souls which I will return and got quite a bit for my trade.

I want to stress that I had no intention of taking advantage of this fine gentleman or doing anything shady. He just decided to try and honor both promos, and he appeared to do so successfully since he did the 20% manually. I had no clue he would try that when I walked in and I was not trying to make him do so.

Tl:dr version, I got the 20% and $10 bonuses to stack thanks to based employee. Very YMMV.

So, I had an atypical experience it seems and came out way ahead.

Went to trade five titles (thought I had six, but apparently left one at home) trying to combine promos if the system would allow it (fully knowing and expecting it wouldn't work that way) or at least get the most out of one promo. Did the math on my own and knew if it went either way, I was only looking at about a $5 difference, so I was fine with whatever the result.

Gave guy the five games, told him I was trading toward Dark Souls III due to a 20% promo. He scans the games, adds Dark Souls III, and then says I'm getting back around $10, but the promo ended Sunday and the 20% bonus isn't counting. I had the website pulled up and showed him the promo after he asked if it was a coupon or something else. He saw the text of the promo, the 5/15 expiration date, and then said it should be working. I saw him add a Doom pre-order, which bumped the values. He then says it should have worked and he's going to override the values.

He prints the receipt showing the values with the Doom pre-order and then overrides everything after removing Doom. I mention the $10 bonus PUR promo after he gets that done, and he says that should work too, takes a second to do stuff, then asks to scan the coupon. Scans it, and it stacks!

I'm about to double check my receipt in a minute to see how ahead I came, but all said and done, I have Dark Souls which I will return and got quite a bit for my trade.

I want to stress that I had no intention of taking advantage of this fine gentleman or doing anything shady. He just decided to try and honor both promos, and he appeared to do so successfully since he did the 20% manually. I had no clue he would try that when I walked in and I was not trying to make him do so.

Tl:dr version, I got the 20% and $10 bonuses to stack thanks to based employee. Very YMMV.
I was trading yesterday too and Dark Souls wasn't pulling up the extra 20%. I just decided to pre-order Overwatch since it comes out on Tuesday. Just going to buy and return. The awesome thing though, is that the employee let me trade in 2 MGS V 360 and 2 MGS V PS3 at the same time from the BB DOTD. Made about $50.

My receipt with the relevant info.
48151ee388d0cff42b02bc15925523d4.jpg

i havent preorder at GS in a long time. do they make you pay off the whole thing if your trade cover it or can you just put down $5 for deposit?

i am wondering if they are also doing a stealth cash same as trade promo for all the games, or only the games with bumped TIV?

i havent preorder at GS in a long time. do they make you pay off the whole thing if your trade cover it or can you just put down $5 for deposit?

i am wondering if they are also doing a stealth cash same as trade promo for all the games, or only the games with bumped TIV?
Well that is a good question. Also waiting to see if someone trades toward an accessory and gets a 50% bonus. Im going in later but using my 10 dollar bunus coupon. If the accessory deal is real ill unload some ps3 games too

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back