GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course the one time I rush to trade fearing a price drop theres a bump.

Luckily most werent on the list so i probably barely lost $10-12 and still came out way ahead.

i havent preorder at GS in a long time. do they make you pay off the whole thing if your trade cover it or can you just put down $5 for deposit?

i am wondering if they are also doing a stealth cash same as trade promo for all the games, or only the games with bumped TIV?
i was able to get the bonus preordering doom with just $5 down, weird because it was the same guy 2 weeks ago that made me pay off a star fox wii u preorder completely.

You got the 20% and the $10 to stack because he manually bumped the base values up.

As far as dark souls go it's not valid anymore. The site is incorrect. The header says dark souls 3 when it's suppose to say uncharted. When you read the fine print it mentions uncharted but not dark souls

You got the 20% and the $10 to stack because he manually bumped the base values up.

As far as dark souls go it's not valid anymore. The site is incorrect. The header says dark souls 3 when it's suppose to say uncharted. When you read the fine print it mentions uncharted but not dark souls
That's what I figured.

And like I said, I had no clue that would be the result. I don't know if any of this could get the guy in trouble, and I absolutely don't want to give the impression to anyone here, especially GS staff such as yourself, that I was trying to work the system and screw him over. I only wanted to get the best promo to work, again seeing only about a $5 difference using one promo versus the other, but he managed to get them both and I didn't object, obviously.

Has anyone ever seen Disney Gift Cards at Gamestop? I couldve sworn, ive seen them before.
Not at gamestop. You can buy the eBay cards and then buy either Target or best buy cards. They have the disney cards. I have around 1k in cards right now for my Orlando trip in August and have paid for my annual pass with them.

That's what I figured.

And like I said, I had no clue that would be the result. I don't know if any of this could get the guy in trouble, and I absolutely don't want to give the impression to anyone here, especially GS staff such as yourself, that I was trying to work the system and screw him over. I only wanted to get the best promo to work, again seeing only about a $5 difference using one promo versus the other, but he managed to get them both and I didn't object, obviously.
If an employee wants to go above and beyond to help a customer out that's cool with me. Im glad he took the time to help you out.

I can confirm this. It didn't add the 20% bonus until I switched the game to Battleborn preorder.

The stealth bumped worked out well, I think better than with 50% by adding my get extra $10 coupon. I was going to do two trades if there was a 50% but only had to do one because of the bump.

[attachment=21705:photo (53).JPG]

Some of that stuff I wasn't going to trade but couldn't pass after bump and extra $5

For those on desktop wondering why they don't have the $10 extra coupon for 2 ps4/xb1 games tradein, make sure you click view all on Active Offers - offers only shows 3 coupons, most people are going to have 4-6 right now but you won't see them all until you do View All.

The $10 extra coupon expires today however, 4/29.

Can I trade in RockBand 4 at Gamestop?   I don't see it listed in the app or website

Sheesh. I wonder how much more Gamestop can fuck up. Their marketing department is pretty horrible.
It more a matter of not updating the offer. The offer was out before DS3 was released and was working then. After release GS should have dropped it from the offer to reflect that. But yeah it's pretty awful for them not to keep up on that. Either it screws unsuspecting people out of the bonus or makes it a headache for the GS staff to figure out the problem.

There are some extremely odd bumps on that list. Dark Souls jumped from $3 to $13, so did Tetris DS.

Some Star Fox Zero trade in weirdness. The two game sku's are separate so if you trade it in it's $33 for the main game and $3 for the Star Fox Guard. Since the games are sold separately used they throw the outer box away. 

Damn no wonder I didn't get the 20% bump. Just assumed the promo had ended already ha

As a side note - Has anyone else noticed that you can't buy PSP or PS2 games in store at Gamestop or on Gamestop.com anymore? I am guessing they will be moved over to their retro line of games at some point?

Can Deader or anyone else offer any insight on this?

As a side note - Has anyone else noticed that you can't buy PSP or PS2 games in store at Gamestop or on Gamestop.com anymore? I am guessing they will be moved over to their retro line of games at some point?

Can Deader or anyone else offer any insight on this?
They were thrown out/destroyed about a month ago.

Is there really a triple points on your transaction if you donate to whatever the cause is at the end of your sale?

I'm a CAG so I just pushed no on donating and the employee, who just watched me do that, says "oh you get triple points if you donate $1."  I don't know if he was just messing with me or if it's a real promo LOL I don't see it on the website.

Is there really a triple points on your transaction if you donate to whatever the cause is at the end of your sale?

I'm a CAG so I just pushed no on donating and the employee, who just watched me do that, says "oh you get triple points if you donate $1." I don't know if he was just messing with me or if it's a real promo LOL I don't see it on the website.
You get triple points on what you donate, not on the entire transaction.

Not at gamestop. You can buy the eBay cards and then buy either Target or best buy cards. They have the disney cards. I have around 1k in cards right now for my Orlando trip in August and have paid for my annual pass with them
We're going in November. You just gave me an objective.

Ratchet and clank collection and Jake and daxter HD collection are both going for $20 or so. Demand must be high right now.

Last edited:
Is there a big trade promo this weekend? Got a lot of stuff I'd like to unload.
some stealth bumps on a few games and a 20% bonus when you preorder some may releases, doom, battleborn, uncharted i think

or check best buy 30% bonus today, 50% bonus starting tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back