Gears of War 3 - Release Date Sept. 20

I have accidentally (albeit stupidly) backed out of the download THREE total times now. the first two times I just didn't know I had to have the thing up, and then the third time I had it downloading I decided I'd just do some lifting and wanted to play some music so I clicked the guide button thinking I could listen to music... nope, download stopped. Fourth time is the charm? what a stupid way to have this download, and on top of that it seems to be the slowest download ever.

Im at 80% done, started downloading around 12-12:30. But my download speed is 1.3 mb/s. Or when i download stuff off ps3 it seems to download 1mb every 6 seconds.

Just a random question: How hard is it to finish campaign on Insane online with randoms? Figured I'd try and get the extra skins challenge done in time, but everyone I know has moved on from Gears 3.

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']Just a random question: How hard is it to finish campaign on Insane online with randoms? Figured I'd try and get the extra skins challenge done in time, but everyone I know has moved on from Gears 3.[/QUOTE]
Not bad. Often you'll join a group that's just about to finish a chapter, which cuts down on the time. The only real sticking points are the end of Act 3 and the final boss.

Just a heads up, I just hit a RAAM's Shadow Glitch that has prevented me from progressing. It's
where I just exited the school right after encountering the Beserker in the Gym. Got outside, saw the cutscene, checkpoint was never visible (Kept spinning to see it). Reloaded and no Checkpoint marker anywhere.
No idea what caused it, either. But I'll have to start the entire Chapter over again to fix it. UGH.

[quote name='KingBroly']Just a heads up, I just hit a RAAM's Shadow Glitch that has prevented me from progressing. It's
where I just exited the school right after encountering the Beserker in the Gym. Got outside, saw the cutscene, checkpoint was never visible (Kept spinning to see it). Reloaded and no Checkpoint marker anywhere.
No idea what caused it, either. But I'll have to start the entire Chapter over again to fix it. UGH.[/QUOTE]

Damn that sucks, i just got past that part. About to continue. After i beat it i will be available for horde if anyone is up for it.

EDIT

Just finished campaign and it was pretty cool. Playing as RAAM was pretty fun, sometimes the big maulers would block the guys you are trying to point at though. It wasnt until the near end when i died a few times. One time i died and im crawling towards tai and someone else and they are just sitting behind cover like douchebags. But for the most part my ai friends would revive me. I played on normal.

I thought a funny part of the campaign was when
Barrick asked Kim if he had the code, and Kim says just help me open the door.

Also there was a part where someone said
people complained about gridlock, and the tai says something like, people complain about a lot of things. Wonder if that is an inside joke on the gears community.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had to stop playing (wife wanted to watch TV instead :/ ), but it is awesome so far. Very intense and I love seeing a little bit of what the planet looked like pre-destruction. I'll finish up later tonight.

The AI teammates in this are really into punching for whatever reason. I watch them during firefights and it's just melee, melee, melee.

One of the achievements is execute Kim as RAAM 10 times total in a ranked, social, or casual game. I tried to do this in private but it doesnt work. -_- You know how many people are going to use Kim, like none!

[quote name='The 7th Number']One of the achievements is execute Kim as RAAM 10 times total in a ranked, social, or casual game. I tried to do this in private but it doesnt work. -_- You know how many people are going to use Kim, like none![/QUOTE]

Yeah annoyiing chievo. I am hoping the achievement community with help one another out by being kim. If not maybe we can get a group together.

I also would like to do horde, campaign (standard), and the 4 player co-op if anyone wants to play. I can come with a couple of gamertags if needed. Just message me. If you are not on my. Fl just let me know you are cag.

I liked the dlc campaign but I felt like the final chapter was kind of a let down.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Not bad. Often you'll join a group that's just about to finish a chapter, which cuts down on the time. The only real sticking points are the end of Act 3 and the final boss.[/QUOTE]

Just gave it a shot, finished everything up through the beginning of Act 3 with randoms (not all with the same group). Not too hard, but takes FOREVER since at times you have to keep quitting and searching for a new match that has the specific chapter you need. Also, I've yet to find a match with people playing the Prologue or Chapter 1/2 of Act 1. Guess I'll have to ask for some CAG help to get those done for the cheevo (the one for finishing all chapters on 4 player Arcade co-op).

WOOOOOO Good Morning! What's going on today? I didn't get to finish the DLC last night. just started chapter 4. but I love it so far. really makes me think of GOW1. Now I wish they would go back and add in the older/new weapons. (one shot, SB, SOS, Retro). I find my self looking around a lot.

Anyone down for "Zeta Team Go!" tonight (10 waves of Horde with Zeta characters)? I'll probably be able to play around 8:00 pm or 9:00 pm Central.

1. Ryuukishi634 - Valera
2. deciduouspuppet - Tai
3. DOMINATOR912 - Barrick
4. DRUNKZ 27 - Jace
5. The 7th Number - Kim

Alternates:

LinkinPrime

[quote name='bhk']Sounds good. I'm in. Will send you friend request when I get home.[/QUOTE]
Cool. Do you have a preferred character? I thought it might make it easier if we figured out who's who in advance.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Anyone down for "Zeta Team Go!" tonight (10 waves of Horde with Zeta characters)? I'll probably be able to play around 8:00 pm or 9:00 pm Central.

1. Ryuukishi634 - Valera

Alternates:[/QUOTE]

I'm in too. Toss me an invite when you're ready to start, I'll most likely be on just trying to get through Insane with randoms. Can toss me a FR if you're going to be on during the day, I probably won't be home until around 8 EST. I'll toss you a FR if I get on earlier. I'll use Barrick btw.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Cool. Do you have a preferred character? I thought it might make it easier if we figured out who's who in advance.[/QUOTE]

I'll take Tai.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Cool. Do you have a preferred character? I thought it might make it easier if we figured out who's who in advance.[/QUOTE]

I will play. I don't care what character I am. If there is a woman I will take her. If not, I'll take someone with a beard. :lol:

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']I will play. I don't care what character I am. If there is a woman I will take her. If not, I'll take someone with a beard. :lol:[/QUOTE]
Sorry buddy, Valera and Barrick are already spoken for. :lol: Your choice is down to bald or cornrows.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Anyone down for "Zeta Team Go!" tonight (10 waves of Horde with Zeta characters)? I'll probably be able to play around 8:00 pm or 9:00 pm Central.

1. Ryuukishi634 - Valera
2. deciduouspuppet - Tai
3. DOMINATOR912 - Barrick
4. DRUNKZ 27

Alternates:[/QUOTE]

Im down, i dont think it matters if you are the same characters. but i guess it would be kind of cool to each be the other one. I can be Kim. :)

[quote name='The 7th Number']Im down, i dont think it matters if you are the same characters. but i guess it would be kind of cool to each be the other one. I can be Kim. :)[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure you do have to have all five different Zeta characters represented to get the achievement.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Sorry buddy, Valera and Barrick are already spoken for. :lol: Your choice is down to bald or cornrows.[/QUOTE]

Cornrows then.

Any chance we can get a couple groups together after to do the Execute Kim as RAAM achievement after that?

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Any chance we can get a couple groups together after to do the Execute Kim as RAAM achievement after that?[/QUOTE]
How would we set that up, given that we'd need people on opposite teams?

[quote name='Ryuukishi']How would we set that up, given that we'd need people on opposite teams?[/QUOTE]

Yea, I guess we cannot do it in private matches from what I'm reading.

Can't we join friends sessions in progress? Maybe have someone join in and take the place of bots in normal games until we get everyone in together. Or if we get 10 people can we play a public game together? I don't really play the MP with friends often so I don't recall how the party systems work in game.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Yea, I guess we cannot do it in private matches from what I'm reading.

Can't we join friends sessions in progress? Maybe have someone join in and take the place of bots in normal games until we get everyone in together. Or if we get 10 people can we play a public game together? I don't really play the MP with friends often so I don't recall how the party systems work in game.[/QUOTE]

That is the Ans. you would need a group of about 10 would be best and just do public rounds with everyone setting the char. to Kim/RAAM

[quote name='knightsmith']That is the Ans. you would need a group of about 10 would be best and just do public rounds with everyone setting the char. to Kim/RAAM[/QUOTE]

Actually just read the way to do it is to do playlist Alpha since there aren't as many people playing that mode. You need 4 people minimum (all with a guest account signed in) but you can have up to 8. Prefer everyone on each team. Find the 2 players closest to each other and have them host 2 teams of 4 and search quick match at the same time.

What I've been reading is that the best way to do it is get two parties of 4 people each, and just keep joining Alpha games until the two parties get matched up. Apparently that's the mode with the least people playing at any given time.

ETA: Ninja'd :D

I'd be up for doing the Like a Boss achievement from the first DLC (clear a Hardcore Horde boss wave as 5 Onyx guards) after we finish the Zeta achievement if anyone wants to go for it :D

Yeah that reminds me, if anyone in the group still needs Host with the Most, we can make sure they host the game and pick Blood Drive or something.

Actually I still need Host with the Most. Do I need to be the one to send out the invites? Or can someone just pass me the party lead after we get into the group?

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']Actually I still need Host with the Most. Do I need to be the one to send out the invites? Or can someone just pass me the party lead after we get into the group?[/QUOTE]
If we all party up in Live, you just need to be the one to create the private match in Gears and then invite party to game.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']If we all party up in Live, you just need to be the one to create the private match in Gears and then invite party to game.[/QUOTE]

Gotcha. I'll wait on the Live invite from you then once we're all ready, I'll start up the match in game.

I need to do all of the Horde Command Achievements as well. Unfortunately I'm doing something else tonight, but I'll be free tomorrow.

I like that they made Command Centers free during Gearsmas.

5,403 gnasher kills, so about 1 hour and 30 minutes more of boosting till i get my onyx skin! :D

I should be on around 8pm ET, so just invite me whenever you see me. I already have kim preselected as my MP character.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Add me as an alt. Ryu...i should be on around 7 or 8PT[/QUOTE]
Cool. I'm totally up for doing multiple runs tonight if there are more people needed to fill up a second group.

Here is the current group so it's on this page:

1. Ryuukishi634 - Valera
2. deciduouspuppet - Tai
3. DOMINATOR912 - Barrick (will host game)
4. DRUNKZ 27 - Jace
5. The 7th Number - Kim

Alternates:

LinkinPrime
The Ebbtide

I just bought the Season Pass with Bing points I suddenly found. I caved, I'm lame, I suck, on and on, but RAAM's Shadow looks like classic game play, the way I like it.

I'll be playing as Alisha if people need another player.

This also means I have none of the DLC achievements if other people need to get them.

It's still downloading....slowly.

Looks like everyone but deciduouspuppet is online right now, though Glock seems to be AFK. I may have to get offline in a bit for dinner, so if we can get a couple of people who can go right now that would be great, and we can do another round later tonight.

ETA: deciduouspuppet is in, now we're only waiting on Glock to come back to his Xbox. :)

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Looks like everyone but deciduouspuppet is online right now, though Glock seems to be AFK. I may have to get offline in a bit for dinner, so if we can get a couple of people who can go right now that would be great, and we can do another round later tonight.

ETA: deciduouspuppet is in, now we're only waiting on Glock to come back to his Xbox. :)[/QUOTE]

Sorry, trying to get the family to bed. Is everyone else online and ready?

I beat RAAM's Shadow today. Um...mediocre at best I'd say. It felt like a quick rehash of Gears 1's Campaign, but not as well thought out. I didn't think the character development or writing was all that good, either. Looked nice, played nice...for the most part. But uh...it served its' purpose for 90+ minutes, but after that I don't feel like going back to it even though I know I'll have to if I want the achievements.

Sorry I had to jet right after the game, wife was waiting on me to start dinner. :lol: I'll be back on in a few, happy to help with whatever achievements people want to go for. Hopefully there will still be four of us who can do another 10 waves with Glock.

bread's done
Back