General Fighting Game Thread #48 Turbo - !quote 16 ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why the delay? reasons?

I've got random shit on sale since I need to survive the summer so check it out. If any FGT people get something off me I'll toss in the FGT DVD free of charge ;)

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']That link you posted didn't work for me, ReRo. I'm in the market for a TE though so I'm intrigued.[/QUOTE]

Looks like they took it down >_<

it's basically TE sticks but with blank white only (and a small madcatz logo, that prob can be taken out or covered).

I say either wait for those or get the MvC2 sticks since you can probably save some cash in some form or another.

ugh i'm getting sick of the lag. you can even see it at the start of the match when BC doesn't cancel properly into 214A. and sometimes the 2B-6C doesn't connect because of lag.

my 6C doesn't cancel properly into BC sometimes.
when i do 6C - BC loops in the corner they drop.

IB countering? forget it.
sometimes teching doesn't even work.

i played sab-ca yesterday
i lost all 3 first rounds by trying to 236236D his super in a low life situation because i kept thinking i could RC it

^ I hate doing combos on Arakune/Noel...

---

Well... EVO 2009! We're pretty much here... can we get a final list of who will be there from CAG?

1) MarkMan
2) JEKKI
3) B:L
4) heavyd853
5) grayzieoriental
6) Mr. Beef
7) n8nmonster
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)

Is this accurate?

[quote name='distgfx']irc.colosolutions.net
#cagfight[/QUOTE]
And how do I go about using this?

What IRC clients do I use and how? I haven't done this in awhile :/

[quote name='kainzero']ugh i'm getting sick of the lag. you can even see it at the start of the match when BC doesn't cancel properly into 214A. and sometimes the 2B-6C doesn't connect because of lag.

my 6C doesn't cancel properly into BC sometimes.
when i do 6C - BC loops in the corner they drop.

IB countering? forget it.
sometimes teching doesn't even work.

i played sab-ca yesterday
i lost all 3 first rounds by trying to 236236D his super in a low life situation because i kept thinking i could RC it[/QUOTE]

LoL, I was trying to remember why you name looked familiar... I was thinking it was because of Battle Fantasia... XD

Those first round endings were pretty silly. I kept trying to bait Jin's like that in other matches, and kept ending up suiciding on delayed Ice Swords... -_-; My RC fails of the day came from RCing a Super that DID hit... I figured he'd block, but it actually HIT him... they took advantage of my moment of confusion and won...

[quote name='Inf^Shini']And how do I go about using this?

What IRC clients do I use and how? I haven't done this in awhile :/[/QUOTE]

mIRC or pidgin are my favorites. If you want easy mode though, go to mibbit.com, select EFNet as the server and #cagfight for the channel.

so ups came by like an hour ago and i expected to get my TE...instead the guy delivers something for my cousin and tells me theres a package for me too but i'll come back later if i find it......

[quote name='Nelo Ice']so ups came by like an hour ago and i expected to get my TE...instead the guy delivers something for my cousin and tells me theres a package for me too but i'll come back later if i find it......[/QUOTE]
BURN

That would drive me nuts though. I've seen the updates on their site before where they have a package for me already at the closest station, but because the expected delivery date is the next day, they just hold it there til' then.

:bomb:

[quote name='blueswim']powah wave!!!

....:whistle2:s why did i just randomly do that?

Oh well.....screw it.

Burning knahkool!!!

:lol::lol::lol:[/quote]

ah you okay?!

EDIT: Aww, it destroyed the caps. It has now lost its significance.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']I already pre-ordered KOF and I'm getting it for $32 after my Amazon rewards and their $3 discount. I'm pretty much buying all 360 fighters this year and scrapping nickles and dimes off the side walk in order to buy Tekken.

Only 360 fighting game I missed over the last year was MK vs DC but thats only because my Target never reached $15 on the clearance rack when we had copies. I'll be picking that up real, real, real cheap.[/QUOTE]

Same here bro.. now I know how MarkMan feels with his stickii.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']BlazBlue night went well! Had an enough match tonight where we managed to get a double KO![/QUOTE]

Aww man, I fucking missed BB night!! :cry:

I know everyone is busy with evo, but here's some more info on SC PSP customizing... it seems even more crazy than the console release:

2132385868_view.jpg

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2009/07/18/soul_calibur_edit_mode/

I love BlazBlue with a passion. Played around with Jin today and I think I found an infinite. You can spam Snow Flower Storm in the corner until your hand gets tired. This was in training mode though, so I'm sure it would be different in a match. And I'm sure that that's already well known, it was just cool to figure it out by myself.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']:lol: I'm still the only person happy it's on PSP :)

the internet has such a distaste for when PSP gets exclusives or bonuses >_

[quote name='DarthPuma']I love BlazBlue with a passion. Played around with Jin today and I think I found an infinite. You can spam Snow Flower Storm in the corner until your hand gets tired. This was in training mode though, so I'm sure it would be different in a match. And I'm sure that that's already well known, it was just cool to figure it out by myself.[/QUOTE] jin doesn't have an infinite...

What's so great about fighting games on handhelds? Not like you can play against other people anyway.. unless you do that WiFi link thing right?

There's nothing wrong with it I guess... personally, the only time I play single player modes in fighting games is either to do training or to unlock stuff.

[quote name='PhrostByte']What's so great about fighting games on handhelds? Not like you can play against other people anyway.. unless you do that WiFi link thing right?[/QUOTE]
Some of us do have friends lol.

[quote name='gunm']Ach, I missed BB night? Dang. I'll try to play this weekend, but I also received Prototype today. :p[/QUOTE]
Prototype sucks, play BB.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']what's so wrong with enjoying single player in fighters?[/QUOTE]
:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

I'm 99% sure that I'm the only one in this thread who doesn't play fighting games against other people. While it isn't quite as interesting as playing against any of you guys(I'd assume), 1P in fighting games, when done right, can be just as gripping as any big AAA shooter's gameplay. Virtua Fighter 5's Quest mode is an excellent example, it's fucking perfect. Tons of content, 20+ hours worth of gameplay if you're a perfectionist, great A.I. that feels as unpredicable as one would expect from XBL. The list just goes on. The mission modes from Soul Caliburs 1 & 2 are also highly entertaining time-sinks.

Fighting games are just like racing games, better played with others, yet alone when done right.

---

Why it it that the phrase " girl-on-girl-on-furry-threesome" pops into my head whenever I play Noel's story mode? I mean DAMN, you could cut the sexual tension with a knife!

---

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY TODAY!:D:D:D:D:D

I barely get to play humans, that's why I need to find a crew like I use to have to get better... at least online is a small substitute, but in now way feels the same honestly.

To be fair to PhrostByte, the bosses in SNK fighters and Seth in Street Fighter 4 basically do everything they can to prevent people from enjoying their single-player modes. But plenty of other fighting games have great single-player, like BlazBlue and Battle Fantasia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back