General Gaming Thread ∞

Status
Not open for further replies.
No patience for sliding around the city? manthing's the kind of guy that hates Oblivion because it's "boring," isn't he?

sean: Maybe, if it's so cheap that I can't pass it up.

[quote name='gunm']I still don't get manthing's travel gripes in inFamous. Climbing up a building is fast and induction grinding makes travel a breeze. It's not like the world is San Andreas big, either.[/QUOTE]

From the limited amount I've played, climbing shit in inFAMOUS is hella slow compared to parkour running up shit in [Prototype].

[quote name='corrosivefrost']From the limited amount I've played, climbing shit in inFAMOUS is hella slow compared to parkour running up shit in [Prototype].[/QUOTE]

lol but how much less realistic is prototype... cant you run up buildings in that game?

also try using the jump button instead of straight climbing.

So, do I want the GoW2 All Fronts collection? I'd like to start playing multiplayer with some CAGs. I'm almost done my hardcore run through (I can do it by myself :) ) and I'd love to do an insane run through later on.

I passed as I just don't dig Gears in multiplayer though I love the campaign. Hopefully they sell that extra chapter alone at some point.

I've been gaming little, just trying to finish Fear 2 (like it a lot, just lacking motivation) and got Rock Band 1 & 2 off Goozex and have been playing those a bit--just guitar with my GH2/3 guitars.

One reason I haven't jumped on Prototype yet is everything is shit brown. I have Gears of War 2 if I want to play something shit brown.

[quote name='Azumangaman']So, do I want the GoW2 All Fronts collection? I'd like to start playing multiplayer with some CAGs. I'm almost done my hardcore run through (I can do it by myself :) ) and I'd love to do an insane run through later on.[/QUOTE]

based off what the CoOp show had it seems like a pass unless you are going to play alot of multiplayer.

[quote name='Flak']One reason I haven't jumped on Prototype yet is everything is shit brown. I have Gears of War 2 if I want to play something shit brown.[/QUOTE]

The city is pretty colorful at the beginning of the game. Birds are singing, people are laughing, and the bee's are buzzing.

That is until SARS broke out and tranformed everyone into zombies and various other unhappy things ruining the fun for everyone.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']From the limited amount I've played, climbing shit in inFAMOUS is hella slow compared to parkour running up shit in [Prototype].[/QUOTE]

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']lol but how much less realistic is prototype... cant you run up buildings in that game?

also try using the jump button instead of straight climbing.[/QUOTE]

ReRo is right, it's faster to double jump than "climbing". Plus, it's not like you're only climbing buildings. In the building ascent race, Alex Mercer wins. But once you get up top, induction grind and thrusters are faster than Mercer's parkour.

Funny how the two games seem similar but have completely different appeal to different people.

Alex can't induction grind--that shit is fast.

Either way, Prototype is a more chaotic, faster-paced game than inFamous. I can see how that would appeal to some folks.

Vagrant Story on JPN PSN store, sigh. :(

Anyone want to buy a PS3 MvC2 voucher code (email code only) for $10.
I just want to keep the case and contents.

[quote name='dallow']Vagrant Story on JPN PSN store, sigh. :(

Anyone want to buy a PS3 MvC2 voucher code (email code only) for $10.
I just want to keep the case and contents.[/QUOTE]

WHAT???? fuck... even though US has Spec Ops, US has Spec Ops.

[quote name='diddy310']Call of Duty World At War on veteran may be the least fun thing I've played through for the trophies. I almost miss fetch questing light seeds and blast shards.[/QUOTE]

I just beat it today. :cool:

I played quite a bit of Pikmin and Dead Space today. In Pikmin, I'm 5 parts from getting all 30 and I'm about to start Day 16. In Dead Space, I just started Chapter 7. It's a really, really good game. Especially on Easy when you don't have to think too much (thank goodness there's only 1 difficulty based Trophy which I don't care about) so you're just kind of relaxed while playing it, which in turn makes it really easy for you to be jumpy in a game like this.

Although, I didn't like Chapter 5 too much since it was
a bit too shooter-ish, which made it feel like Resident Evil 5, which wasn't something I wanted

I'm getting it this weekend - going to go on a points spree for TrialsHD, Shadow Complex, Mothership Zeta, and Need for Speed Most Wanted.

[quote name='dallow']Anyone want to buy a PS3 MvC2 voucher code (email code only) for $10.
I just want to keep the case and contents.[/QUOTE]

PM me if that offer's still on the table.

Was the Sega Saturn game "Dark Legend" any good? The PSOne version showed up in the JPN store.

We'll probably get fuck-all for PSOne content this week. Not that predicting such makes me a genius or anything. Just reading the numbers.

[quote name='Azumangaman']So, do I want the GoW2 All Fronts collection? I'd like to start playing multiplayer with some CAGs. I'm almost done my hardcore run through (I can do it by myself :) ) and I'd love to do an insane run through later on.[/QUOTE]

If you buy them, you can be one of the people who plays Horde with me. :cool:

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']lol but how much less realistic is prototype... cant you run up buildings in that game?

also try using the jump button instead of straight climbing.[/QUOTE]

I've done that. It's still slower. :|

Why is SendIt.com so useless?

I bought something, but about 3 hours later (after doing other things, obviously) I realised it was the wrong one. I sent them an e-mail requesting the cancellation, because everytime I attempted to cancel, it wouldn't let me.

I get a reply, with them stating 'Thank you for your time, your order will be dispatched to you today.'

I sent a reply, saying I didn't want the item. About 3 hours later, it was despatched. Grrrr.

[quote name='pete5883']No patience for sliding around the city? manthing's the kind of guy that hates Oblivion because it's "boring," isn't he?
[/QUOTE]

Traveling in inFAMOUS is boring.

And for the record, I liked what I played of Oblivion so far. Feel free to eat my ass with a spoon $$$$$$.

[/QUOTE]

And inFAMOUS is realistic? #-o

[quote name='gunm']
Either way, Prototype is a more chaotic, faster-paced game than inFamous. I can see how that would appeal to some folks.[/QUOTE]

They're pretty much equal to me in terms of quality. *shrug*

I do wonder what the opinions here would be if Prototype was the PS3 exclusive and inFAMOUS was multi.

:whistle2:k

[quote name='corrosivefrost']
I've done that. It's still slower. :|[/QUOTE]

Yup.

Doesn't matter is you jump to reach another platform x50 to get up the building or climb up a pipe jump to pipe x50 to reach the top it's still slow.

And the electric lines aren't always placed in optimal places for induction grinding.

[quote name='manthing']Traveling in inFAMOUS is boring.

And for the record, I liked what I played of Oblivion so far. Feel free to eat my ass with a spoon $$$$$$.
[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

Oblivion was great!

Nothing beats the fact that I was grinding skill levels for summoning and fireball type magic... in a CHURCH. And when I got too ambitious and summoned one of the ice elementals (or whatever it was), the people in the church helped out... and the guards. And when the battle was finished, the guards took issue with the fact that the woman had a weapon draw in a church... and promptly murdered her.

In the time I spent with Fallout 3, nothing has eclipsed that. :lol:

[quote name='seanr1221']What do you have to trade, Pete?[/QUOTE]

Nothing. Money. Like I said, it would have to be unrealistically cheap. And I have yet to decide whether I want PS3 or 360.

[quote name='manthing']And the electric lines aren't always placed in optimal places for induction grinding.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, there really should've been more power lines. Did you not like the climbing in Assassin's Creed either?

I do wonder what the opinions here would be if Prototype was the PS3 exclusive and inFAMOUS was multi.
It depends. Which one is developed by Sucker Punch, and which one is developed by the makers of The Simpsons Hit and Run?

[quote name='corrosivefrost']:rofl:

Oblivion was great!

Nothing beats the fact that I was grinding skill levels for summoning and fireball type magic... in a CHURCH. And when I got too ambitious and summoned one of the ice elementals (or whatever it was), the people in the church helped out... and the guards. And when the battle was finished, the guards took issue with the fact that the woman had a weapon draw in a church... and promptly murdered her.

In the time I spent with Fallout 3, nothing has eclipsed that. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I like the bit in Oblivion where you walk into the town and that woman comes up and says "Do you know what the punishment for Necrophilia is", you can answer "Is this a first time offence?" to which she replies "Lets say no" :lol:

Also getting into a fight in the Magicians Guild then running into the Fighters guild provided me with hours of quality entertainment.

I love that game.

[quote name='pete5883']
Yeah, there really should've been more power lines. Did you not like the climbing in Assassin's Creed either?

It depends. Which one is developed by Sucker Punch, and which one is developed by the makers of The Simpsons Hit and Run?[/QUOTE]

I've played at most 5 minutes of Assassin's Creed. I plan to put more time into it as I got it for $5 on the PS3 *gasp*.

And I see you choose to ignore that Prototype drew mainly from the excellent Hulk Ultimate Destruction.

Nice argument.

:roll:

I never cared for Sly Cooper either. Ratchet and Jak were the dudes on PS2

Warning then: AC's climbing is Infamous's climbing, except slower and less functional. The bulidngs aren't as tall, though. And there's no induction grind, just running around.

Ratchet :puke: :puke: :puke:

Only Sly 1 was great, anyway.

[quote name='manthing']

:whistle2:k
[/QUOTE]

Well I liked inFAMOUS better even though I think 360 > PS3 and I loved Hulk Ultimate Destruction.

Picross DS > both Prototype & inFamous

[quote name='ihadFG']Well I liked inFAMOUS better even though I think 360 > PS3 and I loved Hulk Ultimate Destruction.[/QUOTE]
:head explodes: :)

As an aside, I did like the climbing and running around in Assassin's Creed even though it is SUPER SLOW but it kept it "realistic".
I guess the complaints prompted the flying machine in the sequel.

Hey, I tried looking on the back of my Elite for an optical out to test some games with my new Dolby Headphone adapter but didn't see one.

How do you get optical out? (i normally use hdmi)
Wait a minute, I think I remember some crap about it being part of an extra cable.... no more cables please... or do they make one without the video cables attached?

It might be on the adapter/cable that would let you use HDMI and the AV cable at the same time since they designed the back of the box so they sell more stuff.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It might be on the adapter/cable that would let you use HDMI and the AV cable at the same time since they designed the back of the box so they sell more stuff.[/QUOTE]

Yep, comes with the HDMI pack, I have for cos I use HDMI and optical out.

I got an invitation for an *invitation* to the MAG Beta.

FFS. Asking me to write an essay on why I should stand behind their digital velvet rope to their shitty new dance club.

[quote name='manthing']They're pretty much equal to me in terms of quality. *shrug*

Doesn't matter is you jump to reach another platform x50 to get up the building or climb up a pipe jump to pipe x50 to reach the top it's still slow.

And the electric lines aren't always placed in optimal places for induction grinding.[/QUOTE]

They're both fun games in their own way, IMO. I like them each for different reasons. I didn't get singling out inFamous for being "slow", because it was a nonfactor for me. Travel is manual in both games, so I guess the gist is you don't like open world games, period.

inFamous being on 360 wouldn't change the flaws or the fun parts, same goes if Prototype happened to be an "exclusive".

[quote name='Maklershed']MAG looks turrble.[/QUOTE]

I've seen fuck all of it.

I've seen a few photographs of dudes with guns and trees and shit blowing up, so it doesn't look any different, to me, than 50% of the games in cases on store shelves right now anyway.

But it's easy to disregard anything that comes from SCE, I suppose.

I just think it's rather silly to invite me to an invitation. Like it's a mega prize for me, and not free labor for SCEA.

[quote name='gunm']so I guess the gist is you don't like open world games, period.
[/QUOTE]
sick0013.gif

[quote name='benjamouth']Yep, comes with the HDMI pack, I have for cos I use HDMI and optical out.[/QUOTE]So it's just a little plug with an optical out port and nothing else?

---

I didn't get the MAG email yet. :(
I want to see how much of a clusterfuck a 256 player game is on a console.

[quote name='mykevermin']I've seen fuck all of it.

I've seen a few photographs of dudes with guns and trees and shit blowing up, so it doesn't look any different, to me, than 50% of the games in cases on store shelves right now anyway.

But it's easy to disregard anything that comes from SCE, I suppose.

I just think it's rather silly to invite me to an invitation. Like it's a mega prize for me, and not free labor for SCEA.[/QUOTE]

You're not interested in playing against 255 other wigger'd out Army of Two rejects?

:whistle2:s

magbetainvis.jpg

[quote name='zewone']I got the MAG "invite".

I don't feel like looking, which one is the open setting on the NAT?

Type 1, 2, or 3?[/QUOTE]

I dunno, I just clicked type 1 b/c I couldn't be arsed to check.

The survey is all closed-ended responses except for the last one: "why should we invite you to the beta?" or something to that effect. My response:

Because I filled out a survey to merely be considered for a beta. Getting an invite to be invited is rather silly; following through with it is positively absurd. I've demonstrated my absurdity for you - so I think a bit of quid pro quo is in order.

Think I'll get in?

[quote name='manthing']You're not interested in playing against 255 other wigger'd out Army of Two rejects?

:whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

Eh. I think of it this way:

Dudes? Check.
Bros? Check.
Brahs? Check.
Guns n shit? Check.
Shit blowin' the fuck up? Check.
Online, motherfucker? Check.
More dudes? Check.
More guns? Check.
BIG guns? Check.
Trees and mlitary bases and stuff? Check.
LOTS more dudes? Oh, check, brah.

You can close your eyes, walk into a gamestop, and grab the first game case you stumble upon. Chances are likely you'll grab a game case that fulfills all those criteria.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back