General Gaming Thread ∞

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Azumangaman']NO MANA. Seriously, you're making an epic mistake and i'll never value your opinon again if you're getting a racing game over Batman.[/QUOTE]I might just go with Magna Carta 2 over Batman. :p

But let me be honest here, I enjoyed the Batman demo, but not enough to push me the edge to buy it right away like other games. I WILL get Batman: AA one day for sure. That's why I re-downloaded the demo yesterday to give it a another shot, to decide whether I should go with it right away. I have bumped Batman above Brutal Legend now, since some RTS elements kind of scare me away from Brutal Legend now.

Regardless, these are all the games being considered in the sale (in my order of what I want most. R&C and Tekken 6 are higher, but I'm buying them elsewhere):
1. :ps3: / :360: Need for Speed Shift
2. :360: Forza 3
3. :wii: Muramasa: The Demon Blade
4. :ps3: / :360: Batman: AA
5. :ps3: / :360: NBA Live 10
6. :wii: Rune Factory Frontier
7. :ps3: / :360: Brutal Legend
8. :360: Raiden IV
9. :360: Magna Carta 2

I technically have the money to go to Best Buy twice and buy games, I just don't want to do it because I feel I'm buying too many games when I already have some I haven't had much chance to play. :whistle2:( Part of me is just thinking about putting Forza 3 off and going with NFS Shift, Muramasa, and Batman: AA.
[quote name='jer7583']Seriously - You might as well be picking up NHL 10 and NHL 2k10 or something. Great idea.[/QUOTE]I'm not really a big Hockey fan (I mostly just watch my Blackhawks play at times). I'm mostly basketball, football (not a fan of Madden though), and baseball.

[quote name='Bioshocked360']Forza 3 > Need For Speed Shift[/QUOTE]Honestly, its tough for me to say because I liked both in their own ways. I REALLY liked the NFS Shift demo and play it a few times every week. I'm still angry at myself for not buying it when it was on sale for $40 at Best Buy. $40 is about what I want to pay for Forza 3 and NFS Shift, which is why I'm looking to get both during this sale.

I would have thought you'd want to get Batman on PS3 Mana, to show some support for exclusive content on PS3 games.

I like Shift, but I'm not sure there's much point getting Shift and Forza 3 at the same time. Plus the drifting in Shift sucks the fat one, I really wish they'd stop putting drifting in racing games, there's little point just for the 5 people in the world who actually care about it.

Plus I suspect Shift will drop in price fairly soon.

[quote name='Shrapnellistic']@ KingBroly
1. How did everything become uncapitalized?
2. Music games make me feel the time I'm wasting.

Wonder what BF deals Amazon will have.[/QUOTE]

It's an anti-spam mechanism IF I had to guess. But I honestly don't know.

Mana, I heartily recommend Batman over yet another racing sim. But it's your money. I have no business calling you fucked in the head over how you spend money that's not mine.

Crazy right? :whee:

I just realized that I'm going to be swimming in a metric ton of games in the next two weeks.

I got Sacred 2 and Oblivion coming in the mail from ebay, I just ordered Borderlands/U2/Ratchet and Clank from Best Buy with the B2G1, and then soon enough MW2 comes out...

I can already tell November is going to be a rough month for doing school work.

[quote name='benjamouth']I would have thought you'd want to get Batman on PS3 Mana, to show some support for exclusive content on PS3 games.

I like Shift, but I'm not sure there's much point getting Shift and Forza 3 at the same time. Plus the drifting in Shift sucks the fat one, I really wish they'd stop putting drifting in racing games, there's little point just for the 5 people in the world who actually care about it.

Plus I suspect Shift will drop in price fairly soon.[/QUOTE]Unless its PGR, I never touch the drift button. ;)

I also have a bunch of good friends on PSN with NFS Shift (who got it during the Best Buy sale), so that really helps.

I already went to Best Buy today and bought games, but for a reason. While I have two nearby Best Buy locations (the rest are 20+ minutes away), one of them allowed me to do a weird combination while the other it would not work. I had Muramasa (only two copies there) and Raiden IV (only 1-2 Best Buy's I've been to in my state has it, from what I've seen) in my hand. I tried to fine Rune Factory, but it wasn't in. So I ended up grabing one $60 game, which was Need for Speed Shift. For the most part, I bought three games I wanted to buy, but didn't want to pay full price for any of them. I also got Castle Shikigami 3 at GameStop for $10 new (although it was gutted).

I'm really debating whether I go back late this week for Forza 3, Batman, and Brutal Legend/Magna Carta 2/NBA Live 10 (one of them). The only one I honestly want right now is Forza 3. I know people keep telling me to get Batman, but I wasn't overly impressed by the demo (it was good, but not OMG great). I just really hate relying on others saying something is good before I buy something (I rarely do that, I go with what appeals and suits me well). Such as I don't even plan to consider Call of Duty: MW2, Assassin's Creed 2, and Borderlands. Its like me with GTAIV, Fallout 3, etc. :p I might just get Forza 3 on sale elsewhere though.

[quote name='Flak']Mana, I heartily recommend Batman over yet another racing sim. But it's your money. I have no business calling you fucked in the head over how you spend money that's not mine.

Crazy right? :whee:[/QUOTE]If you were to know me, I tend to buy similar racers a bit too much. I've had times were I bought multiple rally racers, more than one open world racer, more than one sim racer, etc. Racers also tend to have some of the highest success rates in my collection as far as play time is concerned.

[quote name='Flak']Like I said, it's your money not mine. Don't have to play D with me.[/QUOTE]:lol:

Anyway, I am debating about canceling my $44.99 Amazon Tekken 6 preorder right now. If I cancel it, I can buy that, Forza 3, and get Batman for free on Tuesday. I'd feel the most comfortable getting Batman that way (mostly because I honestly just rather wait a while on Brutal Legend and stuff, because main reason I thought about getting them earlier was to make the sale work). But part of me doesn't want to get Tekken 6 this way because I'm really hoping I find Tekken 6 along with Forza 3 on release at one of my Best Buy locations (I probably can).

I have a GameStop preorder for Ratchet & Clank Future: ACiT, but there's no way I can cancel it. GameStop employees have already given me a hard time over canceling preorders before, and I'm somewhat too nice to do it in person (because it hurts the employee losing a preorder). I do have GameStop credit I have to use up anyway.

Anyway, I'm 86% complete in Uncharted 2. Plan to play it right after I make this post.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']

I have a GameStop preorder for Ratchet & Clank Future: ACiT, but there's no way I can cancel it. GameStop employees have already given me a hard time over canceling preorders before, and I'm somewhat too nice to do it in person (because it hurts the employee losing a preorder). I do have GameStop credit I have to use up anyway.
[/QUOTE]

This is the craziest thing I've ever seen you post.

[quote name='seanr1221']This is the craziest thing I've ever seen you post.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. Tell them that you'll report them for hassling you or if you want to be passive about it, just wait a week or so until after it's out and tell them you got it somewhere else else want to move the credit to something else.

I'm a few hours in to Brutal Legend now and I don't know what to think. The voice acting and dialog is great and hilarious (I literally loled the first time I saw Kage Rage and heard his dialog as a canoneer) but the gameplay itself is kinda meh. Even outside of the RTS stuff it always seems like you're fighting as a group. I don't care for that so much. Plus it doesn't help that I just dislike metal and all it's accoutrements.

Yea, some of the guys at Gamestop get super annoyed if you cancel a preorder. I canceled my preorder once, and then from there on every time I went into the store the guy would say, "Hey you canceling any more today?". I don't really care though, it feels nice having a little bit of power to screw them over every once in a while.

But, if you are really uncomfortable with it - just switch that money over to another preorder and keep doing it until you are going to actually buy something there.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']:lol:

[/QUOTE]

You really are retarded, right?

[quote name='manthing']You really are retarded, right?[/QUOTE]Uh, no. I'm honestly just too nice of a person. Plus, the people at my GameStop I've gone to a lot have been mostly nice to me.

I mean, most people are a bit more forceful than me, but I'm just not the type who likes to upset anyone in reality even if they anger me.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Yea, some of the guys at Gamestop get super annoyed if you cancel a preorder. I canceled my preorder once, and then from there on every time I went into the store the guy would say, "Hey you canceling any more today?". I don't really care though, it feels nice having a little bit of power to screw them over every once in a while.

But, if you are really uncomfortable with it - just switch that money over to another preorder and keep doing it until you are going to actually buy something there.[/QUOTE]Switching to another preorder is what I wanted to do (because they never give me a hard time for that, and I don't have to fill out a crap ton of info for that one like canceling), but I can't exactly do that. The three last PSP games I want for the year, I'm going to buy on the PS Store. The two last PS3 games I'm buying, one I'll already be getting a good deal on Amazon (although I haven't started preordering it yet), and the other (which Amazon doesn't have on sale), GameStop is not accepting reservations for it (I wish they did since Amazon has it at regular price). I made my R&C preorder a week before the Demon's Soul incident happened. I do NOT plan to make another preorder at GameStop. While I am digging myself a bigger hole hear, I will go ahead and trade in another game on top of buying R&C Future: ACiT on Tuesday.

I think I made up my mind on what I'm going to do...not going to share it either.

As for Uncharted 2, I'm 97% complete right now. Really loving every bit of it. :D

Also popped in Castle Shikigami 3 (Wii). I like it a lot more than I expected, since I wasn't a huge fan of the first two.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you feel bad for not supersizing your mcdonalds meal too?

I finished brutal legend this afternoon - holy shit it was good. That last battle was AMAZING. I want more! DLC!

[quote name='jer7583']Do you feel bad for not supersizing your mcdonalds meal too?

I finished brutal legend this afternoon - holy shit it was good. That last battle was AMAZING. I want more! DLC![/QUOTE]

I hate preordering but if I must I usually wait till the last minute. I'm glad I held off on my Tekken 6 preorder at GS since Amazon has a great deal for it.

Well, I went ahead and canceled my Amazon Tekken 6 preorder.

Next thing I did was ordered on Best Buy.com, Tekken 6 (PS3), Forza 3, and Batman (PS3). Batman I'm having shipped to me (I rather not receive everything at once, lol), while I plan to pick-up Tekken 6 and Forza 3. I decided it was worth getting Batman for $27.21 after tax, instead of just buying Tekken 6 and Forza 3 from Amazon.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I love Uncharted 2 multiplayer.[/QUOTE]That's what I've been saying ever since I played the demo & the real version, but now it's getting to be pretty repetitive & dull. Either way, I bought the game for the single player & luckily Modern Warfare 2 comes out in about 3 weeks.

[quote name='blader16']That's what I've been saying ever since I played the demo & the real version, but now it's getting to be pretty repetitive & dull. Either way, I bought the game for the single player & luckily Modern Warfare 2 comes out in about 3 weeks.[/QUOTE]Lol, need me to take over U2 nights then?

I have yet to really play my retail copy online. I just beat single player today in just under 9 hours. Loved it overall. My GotY in 2009, probably.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Lol, need me to take over U2 nights then?

I have yet to really play my retail copy online. I just beat single player today in just under 9 hours. Loved it overall. My GotY in 2009, probably.[/QUOTE]Nah, I'll still be playing it a lot, it's just that I thought I would be more into it than I am ATM. Luckily ND is planning on releasing some DLC soon.

[quote name='distgfx']I like the co-op at least, but not any of the other modes. =\[/QUOTE]

I thought what I played of the mutliplayer deathmatch stuff felt a lot like GTA4 deathmatch with perks. I think I preferred the GTA4 deathmatch for the sole reason that it was more undpredictible; you could have a firefight between teams in an alley and someone could come careening down the alley in an SUV and flatten everyone. The most fun I had in an Uncharted 2 match was with everyone spawning with RPGs and 99 ammo and no weapon spawns. :|

The multiplayer is nothing amazing, but it will hold me over till MW2.

Demon's Souls is fucking sick. I now own twice as many legit ps3 games than I do 360 games. :manaknight:

As good as the visuals and acting was in Uncharted 2, Brutal Legend's characters and world stuck with me a lot more. I was actually really sad about that game being over.. I haven't had that feeling about a game for a long time. I want MORE of that game! NOW!

At the end of Uncharted 2 I was just kinda thankful it was over. Another half hour of that game and it would have really gotten on my nerves.

I never understood why they required gold anyway for netflix. I hope they remove that restriction. They could sell a lot more arcades that way, I think.

nice... I barely use my 360 now but mainly use it for netflix.. now i will prob use it less.

Still never gettin rid of my 360 since I gots to play some exclusives on there like Mass Effect... etc.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']nice... I barely use my 360 now but mainly use it for netflix.. now i will prob use it less.

Still never gettin rid of my 360 since I gots to play some exclusives on there like Mass Effect... etc.[/QUOTE]

You don't count PC as a platform? Shame on you! :shame:

Every e-mail you use can be used for a new netflix account, so you should be able to try it out no prob. Just sign up once they are shipping out discs to people in case they cannot meet demand. Also, you can use the streaming on the PC immediately to get a feel for it. Although it is 100x nicer being on your main display with a nice cumfy remote.

[quote name='blitz6speed'] Also, you can use the streaming on the PC immediately to get a feel for it. Although it is 100x nicer being on your main display with a nice cumfy remote.[/QUOTE]

I actually prefer watching movies on my PC, my monitor is infinitely better and it's the only chair I have. Not to mention, I can put the popcorn and drinks on my desk. :lol:

[quote name='distgfx']I actually prefer watching movies on my PC, my monitor is infinitely better and it's the only chair I have. Not to mention, I can put the popcorn and drinks on my desk. :lol:[/QUOTE]

i can understand, not everyone has a Super Fine Pitch Tube of Hotness for their display.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Srry.. I don't have a super machine... plus I still pref controller over keyboard.[/QUOTE]

Just because you can't run the game means the dismiss the PC as a whole? I'm so ashamed of you. :cry:

pc gaming is awesome!...wish i could afford a proper gaming pc right now instead of this laptop and i wish my rl friends were pc gamers
only other ppl i kno that pc game are my cousins and only 2 of them actively play

[quote name='jer7583']I never understood why they required gold anyway for netflix. I hope they remove that restriction. They could sell a lot more arcades that way, I think.[/QUOTE]
Same reason they keep demos/content away from Silver members for a week - to create the illusion of value. I'm kind of pissed that PS3 is getting Netflix now, because now I have much less justification to keep my XBL subscription while I'm not playing games online.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']WOOOO!!!

I was actually contemplating getting an Elite so I wouldn't have to go to my living room to watch Netflix stuff, but this is sooo much better!

Now if Sony will just put in cross-game chat I'll be happy.[/QUOTE]

Cross game chat will be here soon. Sony had a mandate internally that all features from live (from earlier this year) would be on PSN by year end, if not early next year. And all for free. Netflix is here, cross game chat has been in testing since 2.80 in the DEV firmware (there is even a pic of the group chat icon and normal voice chat icon). Good times ahead.

Eh, I have both systems, so it's 6 of one, half dozen of the other for me. I hope for 360 owners' sake that Sony doesn't try to pull some exclusivity bullshit with their films. I doubt they have that much power over Netflix anyway.

So the PS3 is gonna have cross game chat but still no cross game invites?

[quote name='benjamouth']:)

Mak, you truly are a Master of Deception.[/QUOTE]

Howdy ben .. watched Space Mutiny yesterday. Slab Bulkhead!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back