General Gaming Thread ∞

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Maklershed']
Howdy ben .. watched Space Mutiny yesterday. Slab Bulkhead![/QUOTE]

Ahhh, it never gets old does it? Rock Hugefist.

Hopefully it will get to the point where MS can't really justify charging for Live anymore.

[quote name='benjamouth']Ahhh, it never gets old does it? Rock Hugefist.

Hopefully it will get to the point where MS can't really justify charging for Live anymore.[/QUOTE]

This will not happen. The majority of xbox live users only own a xbox. They aren't going to sell their systems, lose all their saves and XBLA purchases, just to get a PS3 to get netflix for free. They are locked in and thats that. Microsoft knows this and they have 0 intention of stopping the rape to these people, they have no choice but to pay to play online. Why not exploit them?

[quote name='Maklershed']So the PS3 is gonna have cross game chat but still no cross game invites?
[/QUOTE]
It doesn't? I got an invite to play another game last night on the PS3.
[quote name='blitz6speed']This will not happen. The majority of xbox live users only own a xbox. They aren't going to sell their systems, lose all their saves and XBLA purchases, just to get a PS3 to get netflix for free. They are locked in and thats that. Microsoft knows this and they have 0 intention of stopping the rape to these people, they have no choice but to pay to play online. Why not exploit them?[/QUOTE]
Wasn't too hard for me to start barely using my 360. XBL gold is a rip off.

ppl continue to pay for xbl gold so ms has no reason to stop

hopefully that xbl rewards program theyre testing turns out good and makes gold worth it :lol:

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Wasn't too hard for me to start barely using my 360. XBL gold is a rip off.[/QUOTE]

You aren't the average xbox 360 owner since you own both consoles. For people like us, dumping your xbox setup isnt a big deal, for people who only own a xbox and nothing else, it is a big deal.

[quote name='Azumangaman']Awesome.

Tuesday I'll grab Ratchet and Tekken 6 at Best Buy, and maybe Borderlands at EB Games.[/QUOTE]

DEMON SOULS!!! Also, tekken 6 is getting trashed on GAF for having bad netcode.

[quote name='Maklershed']We're only a month away from Volume XVI. :whee:

Did you get your pre-order in yet?[/QUOTE]

Oh yes, don't want to miss out on Tom Servo.

If my main co-op buddy in the UK had a PS3 I might stop paying for Live, I don't feel that locked into it.

[quote name='Azumangaman']Finished Spider-Man Web Of Shadows.
It's actually pretty fun once you ignore the side-quests and whatnot.
Finished it in time to be traded in tomorrow :)[/QUOTE]

I thought it was pretty good too. Like Bionic Commando the reviews really hurt this one. I'd recommend it to anyone who enjoyed previous Spidey games. The revamped combat system is fast, fun, and fluid. My biggest complaints were story and voice acting.

[quote name='Rodimus']I thought it was pretty good too. Like Bionic Commando the reviews really hurt this one. I'd recommend it to anyone who enjoyed previous Spidey games. The revamped combat system is fast, fun, and fluid. My biggest complaints were story and voice acting.[/QUOTE]
I definitely agree that story and voice acting were the worst parts. Hell, the VA's were so bad that I skipped a lot of cutscenes. Combat was good. Some of the missions were pretty terrible, but I enjoyed what I played.

Batman: Arkham Asylum is still the best superhero game by far.

Are people complaining about Tekken 6's netcode on PS3 or 360? Because I'd be getting it for the 360 since I have horrible luck online with my PS3, which is why I'm thinking about selling Uncharted 2.

[quote name='Azumangaman']I definitely agree that story and voice acting were the worst parts. Hell, the VA's were so bad that I skipped a lot of cutscenes.[/QUOTE]

fuck voice acting.

Unless you've got Jennifer Hale, Tony Plana, or whoever did Tassadar.

But other than that, fuck voice acting.

[quote name='Rodimus']I thought it was pretty good too. Like Bionic Commando the reviews really hurt this one.[/QUOTE]
I thought the reviews were spot on...

[quote name='Rodimus']I thought it was pretty good too. Like Bionic Commando the reviews really hurt this one. I'd recommend it to anyone who enjoyed previous Spidey games. The revamped combat system is fast, fun, and fluid. My biggest complaints were story and voice acting.[/QUOTE]
The game was also buggy as all fuck. That alone is enough for me to give it average scores at best. The only good thing about the game was the combat, and even that wasn't good enough to make up for the faults.
[quote name='The Crotch']fuck voice acting.

But other than that, fuck voice acting.[/QUOTE]
Mmmmm Jennifer Hale...

Since Netflix is coming to PS3, it means that I'll most likely be getting Netflix soon. My brother asked if Netflix was on PS3, I said no, but it might come. Since he'll probably get it, it means I can piggyback off of that since he'll use it on PS3, meaning I can use it on my 360 :)

Beat Borderlands this morning. The final area sucked. The final boss...not so much, although I died once. I really liked Borderlands, except for the fact that it's really hard.

[quote name='The Crotch']fuck voice acting.

But other than that, fuck voice acting.[/QUOTE]
Jennifer Hale = Queen.
Phil Lamarr = King.

[quote name='KingBroly']Since Netflix is coming to PS3, it means that I'll most likely be getting Netflix soon. My brother asked if Netflix was on PS3, I said no, but it might come. Since he'll probably get it, it means I can piggyback off of that since he'll use it on PS3, meaning I can use it on my 360 :)

Beat Borderlands this morning. The final area sucked. The final boss...not so much, although I died once. I really liked Borderlands, except for the fact that it's really hard.[/QUOTE]

afaik, it doesnt work like that. I believe netflix allows 1 device tied to the hardware at a time per account. Its why you have to go online and register the code your netflix player tells you to get it registered, much like account activation on the ps3. Except its 1 per and not 5 per.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']The game was also buggy as all fuck. That alone is enough for me to give it average scores at best. The only good thing about the game was the combat, and even that wasn't good enough to make up for the faults.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it was buggy. I remember running into a problem where a person or item I had to interact with to progress the story wasn't loading up.

I'm not saying the review scores are BS. It's just I'm a jaded gamer and any game that gets below a 8.0 is a turn off for me. But this Spidey game reminded me that I can have just as much fun with an averagely scored game. And in return it I thought I shouldn't always be so critical.

Amazon shipped DJ Hero Renegade this morning. Tekken 6 wireless stick bundle and Ratchet and Clank ACiT are in "Shipping Soon" status.

My buddy and I went through the Shep's Safehouse mission Saturday night. Man, that was a PITA.

nice everyone complaining about ppl eca stacking :lol:

shit if they had a chance theyd be all over it too, its just like when a ms point exploit comes up everyone jumps on it then it gets shut down

Huh, that's still news? The ECA codes stopped stacking a while ago.

Also, Ashley from GameStop left me a voicemail that Forza 3 CE will be ready for pick up tonight at midnight. I'll pick it up tomorrow after work.

[quote name='gunm']Huh, that's still news? The ECA codes stopped stacking a while ago.

Also, Ashley from GameStop left me a voicemail that Forza 3 CE will be ready for pick up tonight at midnight. I'll pick it up tomorrow after work.[/QUOTE]

now theres backlash and whining from everyone that didnt get to stack :lol:

[quote name='gunm']Amazon shipped DJ Hero Renegade this morning. Tekken 6 wireless stick bundle and Ratchet and Clank ACiT are in "Shipping Soon" status.

My buddy and I went through the Shep's Safehouse mission Saturday night. Man, that was a PITA.[/QUOTE]

When people seem to be having issues in Borderlands, it's usually because they're under-leveled.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']When people seem to be having issues in Borderlands, it's usually because they're under-leveled.[/QUOTE]

Naw, we were the right level, it's just the run between the zone entrance to the Safehouse and then the Safehouse itself are two long runs. Long enough where stuff respawns behind you as you go. And when you beat the Safehouse, you have to fight the respawn back to the zone entrance. Unless we missed another exit in the final room. But you can't warp back to the beginning of the zone, you have to fight the same stuff you already beat just to get back for the turn in. Or just run non-stop, but that's lame. As someone who's played old-school MMOs, this doesn't bother me too much, but I could tell my buddy was getting annoyed.

My roommate and I both use the same netflix account to stream movies on each of our 360s..

I started Dead Space Extraction last night - really great game!

I was considering taking Infamous, LBP, Resistance Retribution, and God of War PSP in to get forza, but then I decided not to get fucked and wait for payday instead on friday.

[quote name='Maklershed']So the PS3 is gonna have cross game chat but still no cross game invites?[/QUOTE]
What cross game invites are you waiting for? You can invite people to a game no matter what they're doing.
[quote name='Nelo Ice']now theres backlash and whining from everyone that didnt get to stack :lol:[/QUOTE]
Or, backlash from the people that would still be able to get the simple 10% if it weren't for the stacking assholes.

So this Amazon deal: I want F3GOTY, but what to go with it? Borderlands? Demon's Balls? CoD4?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just started playing COD: MW for the first time. I got to the part where
The nuke goes off. The scene was really well done.

[quote name='pete5883']What cross game invites are you waiting for? You can invite people to a game no matter what they're doing.

Or, backlash from the people that would still be able to get the simple 10% if it weren't for the stacking assholes.

So this Amazon deal: I want F3GOTY, but what to go with it? Borderlands? Demon's Balls? CoD4?[/QUOTE]

there were more ppl stacking than could be stopped fw/sd/gaf/cag were on it
it was bound to die so fact is why not get something while its alive rather than sit and wish everyone didnt stack :lol:

I'm having brutal legend withdrawals.. I think I might start that game up again on brutal difficulty.

[quote name='jer7583']I'm having brutal legend withdrawals.. I think I might start that game up again on brutal difficulty.[/QUOTE]

should've beaten in on brutal to begin with :cool:
i was surprised how easy brutal was actually :lol:

My high school has a swine flu pandemic! I'm still sick (not swine) so I won't be able to pick up games tomorrow. I'll try to play a good deal of Brutal Legend and startup on Brütal difficulty.

Why are they releasing the Episodes from Liberty City on Thursday? That screws up all of my plans for this week. Gotta think of something else to get now >_

[quote name='Nelo Ice']there were more ppl stacking than could be stopped fw/sd/gaf/cag were on it
it was bound to die so fact is why not get something while its alive rather than sit and wish everyone didnt stack :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was a disaster waiting to happen. A lot of folks found out about the stacking by accident when shuffling orders around (for Gold Box and to get in on other promos), and it wasn't like you could (or would) try to get out of getting extra discounts--that's why we're all here. Anyways, it's totally pointless to bemoan it now.

The Brutal Legend talk reminds me I need to finish it. I'm at the very very very end. I just lost all drive to finish it for some reason :p

Also I hope GS gets Ratchet tomorrow. Im guessing it's a game stores already and have and are just waiting to sell. Super stoked!!

[quote name='Shrapnellistic']What are the best places for Craigslist exchanges? I'm thinking a bank's parking lot.[/QUOTE]

Police station parking lot is best. Bank parking lot during business hours is good too.

[quote name='Maklershed']Their basement seems like the hot ticket.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

I don't know why but all the talk about people flipping games in that "Spend $80 get back $40" Amazon deal thread is really starting to bug me. I almost sent a list of all the flipping posts to a Mod asking if we don't do anything about it now. There was a healthy dose of return fraud in there as well. I don't want to be "that guy" but geez, people used to buy games to actually play them.

Ah well, if no-one else gives a shit I don't suppose I should either. Picked up Borderlands and Monopoly (to make the order up to $80), spent $83.48 and will get $40 back, not bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back