General Gaming Thread ∞

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just recently picked up a PS3 Slim- I beat Uncharted 2 and really need to play through Killzone 2 and inFamous, but I just picked up Borderlands and Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts for my 360. Plus, if I don't beat any of these soon, they're all going to be put on hold for Modern Warfare 2! Gar, too many games.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']What about the Adult Bookstore?[/QUOTE]
icon14.gif

. . . or a massage parlor, can't run far without pants.

[quote name='benjamouth'] Ah well, if no-one else gives a shit I don't suppose I should either. Picked up Borderlands and Monopoly (to make the order up to $80), spent $83.48 and will get $40 back, not bad.[/QUOTE]
I actually do... that's why I don't really read through the deal threads anymore.

I think I might take advantage of the amazon deal. It seems the vet bill for my dog cost alot less then I originally thought. And I already have about $40 in Credit on Amazon... But I could actually put some of that towards something else too.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']I actually do... that's why I don't really read through the deal threads anymore.

I think I might take advantage of the amazon deal. It seems the vet bill for my dog cost alot less then I originally thought. And I already have about $40 in Credit on Amazon... But I could actually put some of that towards something else too.[/QUOTE]

Is your doggy okay?

/dog lover

Torchlight is out today. For those that love (pc) loot games, check it out.

Halo Wars is....good???
I've actually really enjoyed it so far. I'm on mission 6.
Anybody else play it? I might want to go through an easy co-op run at some point.
Best 9.50 for a new game I've ever spent!

[quote name='Azumangaman']Halo Wars is....good???
I've actually really enjoyed it so far. I'm on mission 6.
Anybody else play it? I might want to go through an easy co-op run at some point.
Best 9.50 for a new game I've ever spent![/QUOTE]

My $3.50 copy from GameFly came in the mail today. Too much grading to do so I may not get to it tonight. Boo.

Can't remember if I said it before, I did beat Uncharted 2.

Last night I started Way of the Samurai 3. While oh course it was a huge downgrade graphically compared to Uncharted 2, I did find it pretty addicting where I played for a while.

I picked up Ratchet & Clank Future: ACiT, Tekken 6 (PS3), and Forza 3 not long ago. Only thing I don't like about Tekken 6 is that it uses the old PS3 boxart, lol. I'll open all three sometime.

I rented that Way of the Samurai 3 game the other night and played for 3-4 minutes before I walked back to videomatic and returned it. The dude understood and gave me my credit back, but I'll never make that mistake again.

Way of the Samurai 3 is pretty dated (gameplay and graphics wise), and most who didn't like it on PS2 wouldn't like it now. While I'll admit the sword fighting is very basic, its the concept that I find pretty addicting. It did take a little time for me to warm up to it.

I'd probably get the 4th if/when it comes stateside (it's in development I heard).

I'm starting Tekken 6 now (installing the game although optional).

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Way of the Samurai 3 is pretty dated (gameplay and graphics wise), and most who didn't like it on PS2 wouldn't like it now. While I'll admit the sword fighting is very basic, its the concept that I find pretty addicting. It did take a little time for me to warm up to it.
[/QUOTE]

I understand it takes 100 hours to warm up to some games.

Halo Wars was pretty fun, but it turns into "build as many ODSTs as possible" about halfway through. Subliminal advertising for ODST? Maybe -HEY GUYZ LOOK AT HOW BADASS THE ODSTS ARE

I'm not buying Forza 3 today. I was going to, but I'm gonna stay home and play more Dead Space Extraction instead. That game is REALLY good.

[quote name='BlueScrote']Is your doggy okay?

/dog lover[/QUOTE]
I took her to the vet last week and they found a tumor. We just brought her in again today to have it removed so they can check if it's cancer or not...

just picked up borderlands at tru and tekken 6 came in from amazon!

also man my local tru is awesome the ppl working there are all really nice and the gamers there are cool to talk to and actually kno what theyre talking about

Still waiting on my PS3 to come in... Should be back from Sony Repair on Thursday, I still have batman, and uncharted 2.. UNOPENED.. plus I need to finish up Infamous... I'm really backed up. I am enjoyng Mass Effect... which I have to say is almost the game of my dreams... RPG, Action... I'm loving it thus far... and I can't wait to pick up Borderlands... when I get some money.. :(

You know, the more time passes from having finished Uncharted 2 the more meh I feel about it.

A lot like Gears of War in that way. Both games I had fun with but just kinda forget about pretty quickly.

Stop talking bad about Uncharted 2. :(

[quote name='Thomas96']Still waiting on my PS3 to come in... Should be back from Sony Repair on Thursday[/QUOTE]

Dayumn. How much did that cost?

[quote name='Maklershed']Stop talking bad about Uncharted 2. :(
[/QUOTE]
Triangle button for both weapon/item pick-up & QT dodge during boss fights, especially in a super linear fighting area
like a TRAIN
, is fucking retarded. :lol:

[quote name='jer7583']You know, the more time passes from having finished Uncharted 2 the more meh I feel about it.

A lot like Gears of War in that way. Both games I had fun with but just kinda forget about pretty quickly.[/QUOTE]

I sort of know what you mean. I don't know if I'll go back to it. I think I had more fun with the first game.

[quote name='maklershed']stop talking bad about uncharted 2. :(

dayumn. How much did that cost?[/quote]

149.00; shipping was free(allegedly) however I'm sure it's paid for within that 149.

Hey guys need some advice for Best Buys B2G1:

Thinking:
-Batman: AA -Brutal Legends -Borderlands
or
-Batman: AA -Demon Souls -Borderlands
or
-Batman: AA -Ratchet -Brutal Legends

Not sure.

Get Ratchet, it's awesome!

I'd say maybe Batman, Ratchet, Borderlands. Brutal Legend is good, but the least good of the four...maybe. I haven't played Borderlands :p

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Hey guys need some advice for Best Buys B2G1:

Thinking:
or
or

Not sure.[/QUOTE]

Batman - One of the best games this year, easily

Demon souls - look above

Ratchet and Clank or Borderlands - I'd go R&C, borderlands is destined for bargain bin much quicker and honestly, doesnt look as fun. Thats just me tho. I do not like open world titles.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Hey guys need some advice for Best Buys B2G1:

Thinking:
or
or

Not sure.[/QUOTE]

Get Batman for sure. Still my GOTY.

Brutal Legend was fun. But about 1 playthrough was all I needed, since I did it on Brutal. I did 100% the single player, but unless you're into the multiplayer, it'd be better to wait on, as awesome as it is.

I hear nothing but praise for Demon Souls, but I can't personally praise or detract from it.

Know nothing about Ratchet -- I'm hoping it's good, but after ToD and QFB, I have very low expectations for it and will wait until it's Greatest Hits.

Borderlands is fun. Probably more fun in coop. I've only messed with the single player. It's sort of like Fallout + CoD + Diablo... but it gets a bit repetitive quickly.

[quote name='dallow']I need a GS PS3 code for the bonus DJ Hero tracks. They're actually interesting mixes.
Rei?[/QUOTE]Need a PS3 code too. Please! :)

[quote name='dallow']I need a GS PS3 code for the bonus DJ Hero tracks. They're actually interesting mixes.
Rei?[/QUOTE]
I'll see what I can do. Give me a couple days. I just got out of work and tomorrow is my day off.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Get Batman for sure. Still my GOTY.

Brutal Legend was fun. But about 1 playthrough was all I needed, since I did it on Brutal. I did 100% the single player, but unless you're into the multiplayer, it'd be better to wait on, as awesome as it is.

I hear nothing but praise for Demon Souls, but I can't personally praise or detract from it.

Know nothing about Ratchet -- I'm hoping it's good, but after ToD and QFB, I have very low expectations for it and will wait until it's Greatest Hits.

Borderlands is fun. Probably more fun in coop. I've only messed with the single player. It's sort of like Fallout + CoD + Diablo... but it gets a bit repetitive quickly.[/QUOTE]

Ah nice descriptions. I think I'm going to go Demon Souls, Batman and Ratchet. I'll get Brutal when it is cheaper and Borderlands I'll get during the holidays.

Thanks folks.

I can't wait to get paid, I hope there's copies of Forza 3 left.

I think I might get Forza 3, Ratchet(???) and something else? I dunno. Maybe just two fillers to sell on amazon.

TFN has the best taste in women - I hate twilight but that's two thumbs up.

What are the bonus tracks from GS? My Renegade just arrived. It's huuuuggggee.

I'm sure retailers just love these friggin' ginormous plastic instruments taking up all the real estate in their already crowded holiday stocked shelves.

You mean the case is big? Because the turntable is tiny by comparison.

The DLC tracks are:
Queen-Radio Ga Ga vs MJ Blige something
Gorrilaz-Dare vs something something

;)

TFN. You picked up PS3 version?

Rei, get one for Sean or TFN. I walked into a GS after work and the clerk gave me one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back