GGT 92: Nintendo doesn't care about you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']I've been meaning to pick up the Capcom Classic Collection Remixed. I really enjoyed Reloaded when I got it.[/quote]

I didn't like the second one as much (Remixed I think), it seemed to have multiple versions of Streetfighter 2 and Ghouls N Ghosts.

I got it for the PSP form GS but I swapped it the next day for Sega Rally Revo (which is ace).

[quote name='BlueLobstah']Went to a Video Games Live concert last night, Tommy Tallarico is so full of himself.[/quote]

I still fancy going to that, Tallarico aside was it any good ?

[quote name='benjamouth']I didn't like the second one as much (Remixed I think), it seemed to have multiple versions of Streetfighter 2 and Ghouls N Ghosts.

I got it for the PSP form GS but I swapped it the next day for Sega Rally Revo (which is ace).[/quote]

Yeah, I found it a little strange that they need to put every version of SFII on it.

[quote name='benjamouth']I still fancy going to that, Tallarico aside was it any good ?[/QUOTE]

It will probably depend on the orchestra that is playing it, but the music is pretty good. My favorite was the whole 8 bit compilation where they played a wide range of old-school arcade/nes tunes.

My only disappointment was in the Nintendo segments they played (Mario, Zelda, Metroid) because they were all recycled from the Orchestral Game Music Concerts back in the early 90s. They were still good, but I was hoping for some new arrangements.

On another interesting note, someone dressed up as Ness, got the most applause in the costume contest and still lost to three kids wearing pong outfits. :rofl:

[quote name='SL4IN']Man, I played Crackdown last night for like, 2 hours, and I can't believe I didn't like that game before. Kicks the crap out of GTA IMO.[/quote]

Very true. I picked it up on a whim this summer and ended up playing it a lot. Easily my second favorite sandbox game after Crysis Warhead.

Managed to beat Castle Crashers again last night. This time co-op with my brother. Took me over a month of on and off play to beat it myself , then I beat it again in the same week in about 2 hours.:whee:

Got all but 3 achievements now. The two online ones and medic.

[quote name='DarthPuma']There a price yet? I'm guessing over 100 right?[/quote]

The 360 joystick will be be around 5800 yen, then PS3 HRAP3 styled one will probably be 8600 or 8900 yen.

Yen yes, not sure about import prices.

There will be other SF IV arcade sticks in the US... ;)

I'll get one of each tho!

I played Warhawk for about an hour last night. I fucking suck at it, but it's still amazingly fun. It's the kind of game I wish my friends without PS3's went out to get a PS3 just for this particular game.

Crackdown is a really good time. My biggest thoughts on it though, like if they took the game engine and reused it for a Spiderman game it would be amazing. The climbing and jumping and the entire city just screams "web slinging!".

[quote name='ninja dog']Very true. I picked it up on a whim this summer and ended up playing it a lot. Easily my second favorite sandbox game after Crysis Warhead.[/QUOTE]

Please don't call Crysis Warhead crap.

Why did the Warhawk demo come out so late? I played it, liked it, but don't want to buy it because there are so many other games right now. I don't understand you Sony.

[quote name='botticus']That would work fine. It's only tricky if you wanted to have computers hooked up to separate routers since they'd be on separate subnets, kinda hard to communicate. But with computers on one and consoles on another, I don't see any problems.[/quote]
So, I don't need to connect this second router to a computer? Could it just hang around in the TV room and have the PS3/360 connected to it?
Damn, that would be so ballin! Then I could sell the wireless adapter.

[quote name='Chacrana']Please don't call Crysis Warhead crap.[/quote]

huh? it's a lot of fun as sandbox game. though I play it more as a stealth/sandbox game (up until the stupid aliens pop up and force it to be a run and gun at times.)

I'm just sayin', Sandbox game = unpolished and not so good. Don't insult my Crysis!!!!! YOU!

I'm going to play more Border Down today and watch more Curb.

Yeah, the Warhawk demo is a bit late to the party.

I'm excited to hear that there's a Castlevania headed to PS3/360, but I really hope its 2D and less than $20 to download.

Glad to see ya back, Gwen.:wave:

[quote name='Krymner']
I'm excited to hear that there's a Castlevania headed to PS3/360, but I really hope its 2D and less than $20 to download.

[/quote]

That would be great but I doubt it :whistle2:( I would be pleased it if was a DMC rip-off with more platforming.

I still wish warhawk had been a true sequel to one of my favorite ps1 games , instead of a online only multiplayer game. I'm not gonna take away from those that like it and play it (like ManaKnight) and if I had a PS3 I'd at least give it a try. But if it had been a standard action game it might have given me another reason to get a ps3 sooner.

[quote name='Azumangaman']So, I don't need to connect this second router to a computer? Could it just hang around in the TV room and have the PS3/360 connected to it?
Damn, that would be so ballin! Then I could sell the wireless adapter.[/quote]
Internet -> router -> PS3/360. They are your computers in this case.

[quote name='Chacrana']I'm just sayin', Sandbox game = unpolished and not so good. Don't insult my Crysis!!!!! YOU!

I'm going to play more Border Down today and watch more Curb.[/quote]

both Crysis and Crackdown are pretty polished games...except sometimes light objects will kill you in crysis while you try to stack them.

I would be watching CYE, but I think the post office lost some netflix discs I sent out on monday, since I haven't gotten a "we've received" email yet. I hate my post office...I thought handing it directly would've been faster than putting it in a blue mailbox on the corner.

Anyone know if netflix is forgiving about missing stuff?

[quote name='ninja dog']
Anyone know if netflix is forgiving about missing stuff?[/QUOTE]

From what I've experienced, yes.

I'm at work from 10 till 9 today, then it's home for some games. Probably either going to play more crackdown, or Lunar Knights which is awesome by the way. It's the first Kojima game I've actually sat down and played, and I think I finally see what all the hubbub about this guy is. The story is great and I really like the combat. It uses a two character system, but doesn't throw any of the bullshit "teamwork" crap out there like Castlevania Portrait of Ruin did. It actually does it well.

I keep meaning to crack open that copy of Lunar Knights, but the cover art is just so shitty that I've never been able to do it. I mean, I know it's from Kojima and it's supposed to be some great shit, but I just can't get over that cover. Eegads!

Its time for your daily dose of crazy:

I was thinking today that the survival horror genre is better suited to traditional controllers, on the grounds that I want the combat to be poor/clunky. The failure of the analog stick for shooting adds extra TENSION during combat, which is good.

RE4 GC/PS2 - better survival horror
RE4 Wii - better shooter

I have never played a Resident Evil game that I've liked. Is that strange? Like, I've played two or three of them, made myself play for about 2 to 3 hours, and still I just can't grasp what's so great about them.

[quote name='botticus']Internet -> router -> PS3/360. They are your computers in this case.[/quote]
Fascinante! I just sent you a PM so if you don't mind helping me out that would be great.

Anybody want to buy Samurai 7 for $45 shipped? It can be cheaper if your in Canada.
Srsly, like one of my favourite shows ever. But I already pre-ordered the blu-ray. Its complete, 7 DVDs, sexy boxset, and is all-around sextastic. No shitty Viridian collection here!

Got Professor Layton from Goozex yesterday, and can't seem to reset the cart or clear the saves.

I tried the normal ABXY + LR at start up as well as some other random combinations, anyone know how to reset the game?

Clunky controls are really a hallmark of the genre. Otherwise the genre gets blended too much on two possible fronts:

1) Action games like DMC
2) Shooters

[quote name='Chacrana']I keep meaning to crack open that copy of Lunar Knights, but the cover art is just so shitty that I've never been able to do it. I mean, I know it's from Kojima and it's supposed to be some great shit, but I just can't get over that cover. Eegads![/QUOTE]
It's really not that good, and really not worth playing IMO.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Its time for your daily dose of crazy:

I was thinking today that the survival horror genre is better suited to traditional controllers, on the grounds that I want the combat to be poor/clunky. The failure of the analog stick for shooting adds extra TENSION during combat, which is good.

RE4 Wii - better shooter[/QUOTE]

You're like Sean Hannity or that other old dude on Fox News with your opinions.

There is no failure of the analog stick for shooting. You are my daily dose of crazy. The Pointer has failed more often this gen than the analog stick has.

You're reminding me how much fun it is to play TF2 with my 360 pad. I love TF2. On 360.

RE4 Wii - better shooter[/quote]

hey, I like your daily doses of crazy, even though I usually react harshly :lol:

I think I was the only guy in the world who thought RE4 was harder and more tense with the Wii remote, mostly cause I had to concentrate more on holding one spot. I ended up getting caught off guard by thrown weapons and strafers a lot. I died wayyyyyy more with it than with a regular controller. But either way, RE4 was not survival horror for me. Only for the ganados.

So RE4 Wii became more of a technical game for me, while my first run throughs on the PS2 and Gamecube were more about the experience and less about difficulty.

I don't find the other RE games to be overly clunky, thanks to heavy aim assist. Silent Hill, on the other hand, infuriates me to no end. I know that the main characters are not supposed to be trained fighters, but I'm not either and I know how to swing a lead pipe with the intent of actually hurting something.

[quote name='jer7583']You're reminding me how much fun it is to play TF2 with my 360 pad. I love TF2. On 360.[/quote]
this is all sorts of wrong right here

tf2 snipers in xbox 360 = there's a sniper on the other team?
tf2 snipers on pc = wtf i get headshotted every time

RE4 Wii - better shooter[/quote]

it's like saying unreal tournament for pc is a shooter and for console it's not a shooter.

btw, how many here like the voice chat on xbox live?!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Chacrana']I keep meaning to crack open that copy of Lunar Knights, but the cover art is just so shitty that I've never been able to do it. I mean, I know it's from Kojima and it's supposed to be some great shit, but I just can't get over that cover. Eegads![/quote]
You're not missing much. It wasn't that great of a game if you ask me...

[quote name='Azumangaman']Fascinante! I just sent you a PM so if you don't mind helping me out that would be great.

Anybody want to buy Samurai 7 for $45 shipped? It can be cheaper if your in Canada.
Srsly, like one of my favourite shows ever. But I already pre-ordered the blu-ray. Its complete, 7 DVDs, sexy boxset, and is all-around sextastic. No shitty Viridian collection here![/quote]

I would, but I needs to save my monies. All the great games are right around the corner. I know what I want to play Day 1. I really would like new anime....

[quote name='Azumangaman']Anybody want to buy Samurai 7 for $45 shipped? It can be cheaper if your in Canada.
Srsly, like one of my favourite shows ever. But I already pre-ordered the blu-ray. Its complete, 7 DVDs, sexy boxset, and is all-around sextastic. No shitty Viridian collection here![/quote]

I'd like to but between games and other anime DVDs, I don't have the cash to spare. Also I wish Bandai would give some release dates for the Gundam 00 and part 2 of Code Geass...

[quote name='kainzero']this is all sorts of wrong right here

tf2 snipers on pc = wtf i get headshotted every time[/quote]

Headshots in any game on a PC are ridiculously easy to make. I'd be more shocked if they didn't headshot me every time.

Man, the third boss of Border Down is like.... wow. fucking crazy ass shit.

Finally picked up Hellsing Ultimate Vol .4 ( the LE) earlier today, so I'll watch that tonight. And next weekend, too, since I know my friend who's back next week is def. gonna wanna watch that shit. I'm also probably going to go see Body of Lies later today... seems like a love it or hate it movie, so we'll see.

Guess I'll watch CYE now and play something later.

[quote name='Chacrana']Man, the third boss of Border Down is like.... wow. fucking crazy ass shit.

Finally picked up Hellsing Ultimate Vol .4 ( the LE) earlier today, so I'll watch that tonight. And next weekend, too, since I know my friend who's back next week is def. gonna wanna watch that shit. I'm also probably going to go see Body of Lies later today... seems like a love it or hate it movie, so we'll see.

Guess I'll watch CYE now and play something later.[/quote]

Vol 4's out now? Aw hell, I need to save my money for games though! Decisions... decisions...

[quote name='kainzero']this is all sorts of wrong right here

tf2 snipers on pc = wtf i get headshotted every time[/QUOTE]

Well it's just different.. Everyone is using a controller, so everyone's snipers are less effective. I however am a pretty decent sniper.. I had a game just the other day where I was leading the team in points as sniper. It's mostly effective against engineers and their buildings, or heavies, or demomen who aren't paying attention as they put their stickies up, but Sniper is still an effective class to play.

It's not better, it's just different. I have no way of playing the PC version right now, so I play the 360 one and have a good time.

There are a lot of terrible snipers on the 360 version though. It just takes finding the right targets. You're not going to be headshotting scouts all day on 360, but soldiers, engineers, and pyros are absolutely doable. I've headshotted pyros in midair.

Bringing down a medic behind his charging teammates with a headshot is so satisfying.

[quote name='guinaevere']Everyone good? Missing me terribly?[/quote]

Who are you? A/S/L?
j/k, hello!

Played WoW last night. Level 13 NE Druid name of "Bayonetta". :booty:

Y'know, last night I forgot to post this but... for SCIV, say they decide to use the 360 version for any tourny. What would happen if someone's main was Vader?

[quote name='distgfx']Y'know, last night I forgot to post this but... for SCIV, say they decide to use the 360 version for any tourny. What would happen if someone's main was Vader?[/quote]

:rofl:

They fail.

:cry: my mother is still in the hospital

I will most likely be spending the nite there tonite, I havent seen her all week.

ironically if I bring a game with me it will be Trauma Center =P

JEKKI, that sucks bro. Best wishes to her!

OKAY

I'm going to Hong Kong tomorrow morning...

I'm gonna vampire mode it while I'm there and after work I'll be playing Tekken 6 every night... The arcade closes at 2 AM... I wonder what time the train stops running!?

What should I do!?

I think I'm going to use Bob and think happy thoughts...

ALSO!

I'll be taking pics/doing updates here if anyone wants to read about it...

http://sdtekken.com/sdt/markman/hong-kong/

It's not up yet tho!

doooooooood wtf I went to go clock back in and one of my coworkers was eating pho!!!

pho in fuckin middle of nowhere desert town so cal?!?!?!

I bet that shyt's nasty but.... #@*!% I gotta go try it soon!!!!!!

Bayonetta!

I also wanna seize tonite's opportunities and eat Jollibees for my first time!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back