GGT 92: Nintendo doesn't care about you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='jer7583']
106n8n5.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Bond looks like the kid from Bully.

[quote name='daroga']Sure, just like you get different spells in RPGs, or you opt to blitz vs. zone, or hit the full court press. The core is still the game thing over and over again, just with different frilly things attached.[/QUOTE]
It's the frilly things that keep things from getting repetitive.

just finished and unlocked everything in Linger in Shadows. Very much liked it alot more than I thought I would. Demoscenes definitely deserve support.

Most of you will consider it weird, but just enjoy it for what it is and don't think hard. I think it's more an exploration of something... don't know what yet though.

again, Yakuza 3 is amazing.

Hey guys. How's everyone doing? I'm prepping myself for the b2g1 @ TRU this weekend. Wicked pumped! I need some new games real bad.

Other than that, I returned my broken futon to Wal Mart today. Bitch almost didn't do it. But almost is the key word there. Now I've got $220+ for some type of couch/furniture piece for my dorm. Any suggestions on where to look/what to get? Not feeling the futon thing any more :whistle2:(

[quote name='Ahadi']Hey guys. How's everyone doing? I'm prepping myself for the b2g1 @ TRU this weekend. Wicked pumped! I need some new games real bad.

Other than that, I returned my broken futon to Wal Mart today. Bitch almost didn't do it. But almost is the key word there. Now I've got $220+ for some type of couch/furniture piece for my dorm. Any suggestions on where to look/what to get? Not feeling the futon thing any more :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Get a couch. It is:

1) The best piece of furniture
2) Better than any other type of furniture anyone would suggest
3) Comfy, if you get a comfy couch

Seriously, if a couch is an option, then you are getting the couch.

[quote name='Chacrana']Get a couch. It is:

1) The best piece of furniture
2) Better than any other type of furniture anyone would suggest
3) Comfy, if you get a comfy couch

Seriously, if a couch is an option, then you are getting the couch.[/QUOTE]

So a couch is the superior couch like piece of couch furniture I should couch buy couch :lol:?

I'm on a budget... I'm looking in Target and Kmart. I hope I find something good.

[quote name='whoknows']EGM just solved the mystery of why I don't like the main character of Bayonetta.

She reminds me of Palin
[/quote]

everything with a pair of glasses on it is Sarah Palin. even those turnstile things in walgreens with all the pairs of glasses on them--it looks like a 1000 sarah palins. sarah palin sarah palin sarah palin sarah palin sarah palin sarah palin sarah palin sarah palin sarah palin sarah palin. Giving glasses girls all over a bad name since her nomination.

[quote name='nyprimus4']This isn't the type of tech savvy person that updates her computer every year or two. So the E8400 is good because it will last her 4-5 years. She has used XP before but the computer should be able to eat up Vista so might as well get her Vista because she doesn't do much beyond the internet. Maybe some word processing and not very demanding games for my younger cousins, nothing beyond that.[/quote]

that makes no sense. if she doesn't upgrade or need power, then why buy her 3.0ghz Core 2 Duo? No regular program outside of Crysis or heavy photoshop/photo editing requires that kind of processor. Not now, not in 5 years. and who cares if her PC can "eat up" Vista, get her something she's used to, unless you enjoy coaching old people on how to use some new OS just for the internet.

A solid XP machine with a decent amount of ram and a decent low end core 2 duo could last any non-gamer, internet/wp only user for the rest of their life.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']garage sales and thrift stores rock. most of your money will be used on cleaning them to be honest.[/QUOTE]

I disagree for the simple reason that I don't like buying furniture when I'm not sure how many kids were conceived on that furniture.

[quote name='Chacrana']For once, I understand how Blanka feels.[/quote]

1204288687_a85d4001b0.jpg

---

Ah man. I need to sleep. I got a long day tomorrow... -_-

That mothafucka decked out as Guile looks like a white Gary Coleman. Look at the picture for a while and you'll see it.

And not Gary Coleman in the 80's - we're talking Divorce Court Gary Coleman. Like, with the pseudo-moustache he's tryin' to grow, and the general janitor look.

Blanka looks like a green James Mielke.

not seeing white Gary Coleman there, but green James Mielke is right on the money for blanka. That costume could also easily convert to a green abobo (double dragon) costume.

Guile's eyebrows are all wrong too...like he shaved them off but cut himself multiple times. and the blood stained his army wifebeater. :lol:

[quote name='Chacrana']That mothafucka decked out as Guile looks like a white Gary Coleman. Look at the picture for a while and you'll see it.

And not Gary Coleman in the 80's - we're talking Divorce Court Gary Coleman. Like, with the pseudo-moustache he's tryin' to grow, and the general janitor look.[/quote]

gary_coleman_romo.jpg

Well, where I see Gary Coleman in Guile is that he looks like a fuckin' dwarf, has a facial hair outline around his mouth, and his eyebrows/forehead are all tore up.

Like, watch this and pretend he's frowning:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJMS5OrdAcg

It's a bit of a stretch, I suppose, but I see it. And that's really all that matters.

Mielke-san totally got caught cosplayin' though!

All this talk of Gary Coleman reminds me of a commercial I saw years ago. He was advertising some sort of cash now business, but he was like rapping it almost. All I remember him saying is "sushi chefs and football refs" as he was dressed as both :lol: Oh did I love it.

Also, lol@Chac's video. I'm going to see if I can maybe find the commercial I'm talking about on youtube.

well after a day or two of little big planet i've had enough. maybe i'll get it someday when it's cheaper, b but I've had enough of it for now.

tumbleweeeeeeeeeeds

since we're on the subject of gary coleman

i got to play vs him in Tekken Tag during E3 so many years ago

that was awesome

'man you're cheap!'

*he goes back to mashing and never tagging out*

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']just finished and unlocked everything in Linger in Shadows. Very much liked it alot more than I thought I would. Demoscenes definitely deserve support.[/quote]

...so ... what the hell is Linger in Shadows like? I have no friggin idea what it is, what it's supposed to play like or anything.

[quote name='ninja dog']Such an awesome promotion. Got an extra 30 myself yesterday.

and I'm off to bed. I will dream about how awesome Home is:
[/quote]

Psh, I wish.

I have 2400 waiting to be redeemed in gmail, 1050 from my other emails Wednesday, and 5000 from back when it started (redeemed most of that). Plus 500 unused from the Stride promo.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']I have 2400 waiting to be redeemed in gmail, 1050 from my other emails Wednesday, and 5000 from back when it started (redeemed most of that). Plus 500 unused from the Stride promo.[/quote]

You douche bag sexy beast, congrats on all the free points. Share the wealth you asshole awesome person.

[quote name='daroga']Sorry. Didn't mean to hit a nerve. We all know you're so concerned with making sure companies who work hard to produce content get the money for that hard work. I'll try to stop stepping on your conscience.[/QUOTE]

I don't have one, so don't worry about it. Doesn't bother me in the least.

Sorry. Didn't mean to hit a nerve with the religion talk.

via SDTEKKEN.COM

Hori Street Fighter IV Arcade Sticks Unveiled!

October 10, 2008

Hori had their brand spanking new Street Fighter IV arcade sticks on display recently during Tokyo Game Show! The sticks should be familiar to most as they are pretty much the same good old Hori sticks we have come to know and love, with an artistic SFIV flair. The PS3 arcade stick is essentially a Hori Real Arcade PRO 3 and the Xbox 360 arcade stick is a Fighting Stick EX2. Check our Arcade Stick section for more information on the new goods!

I guess I'll go with the SFIV stick for the PS3. I already have that same stick for the 360 so why get another one.

[quote name='zewone']I don't have one, so don't worry about it. Doesn't bother me in the least.

Sorry. Didn't mean to hit a nerve with the religion talk.[/quote]We were talking about religion? I must have missed that. Or are you assuming that because you used a version of the word "holy" that suddenly it was a "religious" conversation? :lol:

Got work stuff to keep me busy most of the day. Hoping to get some WipeoutHD and maybe some LBP in before then, though.

With the LBP beta, will your "Story" mode progress transfer over to the new game? I've been confused about what would be wiped out and what would stay, and now that they're keeping the published levels, I'm even more confused.

Last edited by a moderator:
Daroga, I got your PM. I'm busy almost all the time right now, but I want to play with you guys one of these years.

Kendal, I need your mailing addy again. I forgot to send out izuna and I lost the paper I wrote it down on. >_<

Everyone good? Missing me terribly?

...you are missing me terribly, aintchya? I'd be heartbroken if you weren't.

[quote name='DarthPuma']There a price yet? I'm guessing over 100 right?[/quote]
I can't see it being that high considering that the SCIV stick was around $60.

Man, I played Crackdown last night for like, 2 hours, and I can't believe I didn't like that game before. Kicks the crap out of GTA IMO.

[quote name='SL4IN']Man, I played Crackdown last night for like, 2 hours, and I can't believe I didn't like that game before. Kicks the crap out of GTA IMO.[/quote]

Were you playing it co-op?

Crackdown is fine in single-player but I think it's better playing it co-op.

[quote name='Azumangaman']Random question:
Since the router we have is lamesauce, I was wondering:
Is having more than 1 router sensible?
I'm talking about having 1 next to the upstairs computer, and one downstairs (no comp nearby) and having the gaming consoles plugged into it for uber speed and no connection issues.
Is such a thing possible?[/quote]
That would work fine. It's only tricky if you wanted to have computers hooked up to separate routers since they'd be on separate subnets, kinda hard to communicate. But with computers on one and consoles on another, I don't see any problems.

[quote name='benjamouth']Were you playing it co-op?

Crackdown is fine in single-player but I think it's better playing it co-op.[/quote]

Nah, just playing single player right now, I'll get into co-op after I get most of the story done.

WB, Gwen :)

Good morning GGT. I'm gonna finish Fire Emblem today, finally. It's been a good game, but not my kind of SRPG. Back to Squeenix and Nippon Ichi SRPGs for me after this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back