GGT 92: Nintendo doesn't care about you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='RelentlessRolento']don't tell me you bought qore :cry:

the demo is entirely free if you go to the Euro PSN Store :cry:[/quote]

Naruto and Motorstorm demo got me plus free Calling all Cars. I didn't give a crap about the game in the first place, I just d/led it because it was the exclusive (US anyway) this month. What a waste.

Yeah, it better be XBLA...
Who am I kidding? I'd get it either way.
*tries best not to get crazy hyped for a crazy rumor*
omgomgomgomgomg

[quote name='Azumangaman']Yeah, it better be XBLA...
Who am I kidding? I'd get it either way.
*tries best not to get crazy hyped for a crazy rumor*
omgomgomgomgomg[/quote]

:lol: I'd hate it but get a good laugh if it was priced the same as what MvC2 sells for at Gamestop and Ebay >_<

also, I do want this:

tgs-2008-sony-booth-report-20081009030448560-000.jpg

wow... the Yakuza 3 trailer is Hot! I gotta get me the first game still...

my TRU ran out of them or sent the stock somewhere... genna look at another TRU near me to get it.

It seems that those DLC suits for Dead Space are up on PSN right now. I was under the impression you would need codes to download them.

My grandma said she wants a new desktop PC. I priced out a mini tower with an E8400, 2GB of RAM, 250GB hard drive, and Vista for $520.

LG DVD burner, Foxconn Mini Tower, Seagate Barracuda 250GB hard drive, G.Skill 2GB RAM, GIGABYTE Intel MicroATX mobo, Intel C2D E8400, MS Windows Vista Home Basic for System Builders

^This thing should fly right for basic use?

[quote name='distgfx']Oh god, that Valkyria Chronicles demo made me want to kill myself, what a waste of a Qore demo.

The rocket car game... surprisingly very good.

EDIT: Wait, WHAT?! MvC2 on xbox live?![/QUOTE]
I thought Valkyria Chronicles was awesome. Day 1.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I thought Valkyria Chronicles was awesome. Day 1.[/quote]

That's ok, our taste has been completely opposite since day 1 ... I think.

Hmmm, new Mac Laptops coming soon. Do you think with a tweaked look they'll also come with that "Priced to match the power inside" feature that Apple's been missing for so long? :p

[quote name='ninja dog']Does Amazon's "release date delivery" mean the Tuesday a game comes out or the next day, like EB/GS?[/quote]

Should be the release date they have listed on their site.

[quote name='distgfx']That's ok, our taste has been completely opposite since day 1 ... I think.[/QUOTE]
Nah, I just like more genres than you. Almost all the games you like I like as well, the only difference is I like RPGs.

[quote name='ninja dog']Does Amazon's "release date delivery" mean the Tuesday a game comes out or the next day, like EB/GS?[/quote]

Good question. I believe it means what it says, barring any mail system fubars. Not a great example, but I got NBA Live 09 day of release, which was a surprise.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Nah, I just like more genres than you. Almost all the games you like I like as well, the only difference is I like RPGs.[/quote]

Ah yes, that's right, I still have a hard time understanding them and their appeal but I will admit this. The eternal sonata demo was good.

[quote name='distgfx']Ah yes, that's right, I still have a hard time understanding them and their appeal but I will admit this. The eternal sonata demo was good.[/QUOTE]
I'm the same way with sports games. Just don't see the appeal.

Thanks for the answers about amazon guys^^^ guess I'll order Fallout 3 from them.

[quote name='nyprimus4']My grandma said she wants a new desktop PC. I priced out a mini tower with an E8400, 2GB of RAM, 250GB hard drive, and Vista for $520.

LG DVD burner, Foxconn Mini Tower, Seagate Barracuda 250GB hard drive, G.Skill 2GB RAM, GIGABYTE Intel MicroATX mobo, Intel C2D E8400, MS Windows Vista Home Basic for System Builders

^This thing should fly right for basic use?[/quote]

You could tone down the processor considerably (but stay C2D to be safe.) Also, did she use XP before? May want to stick with whats familiar.

Time for an evening workout! Never going to sleep tonight! :whee:

Genesis Retronauts! :whee: :whee:

Kendal, Frosty, I'll let you know when Mercs arrive and we'll coordinate something.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I'm the same way with sports games. Just don't see the appeal.[/quote]

Sports games... ugh... I will never understand the appeal to them either.

That's funny cause has a passive observer to both genres, RPGs and and Sports games are exactly the same.

It really comes down to: do you want story mixed in with your repetitive gameplay or not? That will guide you in your choice.

[quote name='ninja dog']You could tone down the processor considerably (but stay C2D to be safe.) Also, did she use XP before? May want to stick with whats familiar.[/quote]
This isn't the type of tech savvy person that updates her computer every year or two. So the E8400 is good because it will last her 4-5 years. She has used XP before but the computer should be able to eat up Vista so might as well get her Vista because she doesn't do much beyond the internet. Maybe some word processing and not very demanding games for my younger cousins, nothing beyond that.

I really want to play Rhapsody but I would rather sell it and get a mayflash. Fighting the temptation to rip that shrink wrap.

[quote name='daroga']That's funny cause has a passive observer to both genres, RPGs and and Sports games are exactly the same.

It really comes down to: do you want story mixed in with your repetitive gameplay or not? That will guide you in your choice.[/QUOTE]
You've kind of got a point, and yes, story is important to me.

[quote name='gunm']Nice! Unfortunately, the actual game doesn't really live up to the collector value IMO.

Hyper Duel for Saturn on the other hand...[/QUOTE]

Man, gunm, I dunno. Border Down really seems like the kinda game that either clicks with you or it doesn't, and so far I'm lovin' this game. It just feels different from other horizontal shmups, and in a good way... sorta like Under Defeat vs. other vertical shmups.

Also, I hope Hyper Duel was a joke... that was that like... hentai shmup, right?

No way, Hyper Duel is a badass horizontal scrolling, transforming mech game! It's just cool as hell.

Border Down has some interesting elements, but it's questionable that it's worth as much as it is. It's just the rarity I think.

And oh no...my co-worker sent me a Refer-a-Friend link for WoW. Triple XP bonus until level 60--exactly what I need to prep for the Lich King expansion. There goes my console gaming for a while. :p

Yakuza 3 looks unbelievable. Seriously, like, I don't know how the game can be improved upon if the game is like that video. Everything... EVERYTHING looked cool.

It will be the most criminally underbought game ever.

[quote name='gunm']No way, Hyper Duel is a badass horizontal scrolling, transforming mech game! It's just cool as hell.

Border Down has some interesting elements, but it's questionable that it's worth as much as it is. It's just the rarity I think.

And oh no...my co-worker sent me a Refer-a-Friend link for WoW. Triple XP bonus until level 60--exactly what I need to prep for the Lich King expansion. There goes my console gaming for a while. :p[/QUOTE]

Shit, what was the shmup I was thinking of then? Oh well...

And yeah, it's too soon for me to judge Border Down of course, so I guess we'll see as far as that.

Don't give into WoW.

Edit: Steam Hearts! that's what I thought you were talking about at first.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']You've kind of got a point, and yes, story is important to me.[/quote]Yeah, it's not a dig at either, it's just pretty much the same deal. And Sports and RPGs really have a lot of things in common. Similar bite-sized gameplay, over and over, looking to lead your team to victory, etc.

I'm starting to become more suspect of criticisms of games that say they have repetitive gameplay. What games don't repeat? FPS, check. Platformer, check. Sports games, check. RPGs, check. Beat-em-ups, double check. Games are kind of by their nature repetitive. If you like the brand of repetition, it's innovative and well-executed. If you don't like it, it's "repetitive."

[quote name='gunm']No way, Hyper Duel is a badass horizontal scrolling, transforming mech game! It's just cool as hell.

And oh no...my co-worker sent me a Refer-a-Friend link for WoW. Triple XP bonus until level 60--exactly what I need to prep for the Lich King expansion. There goes my console gaming for a while. :p[/quote]

More like there goes your life if you get into that shit!

[quote name='daroga']Yeah, it's not a dig at either, it's just pretty much the same deal. And Sports and RPGs really have a lot of things in common. Similar bite-sized gameplay, over and over, looking to lead your team to victory, etc.

I'm starting to become more suspect of criticisms of games that say they have repetitive gameplay. What games don't repeat? FPS, check. Platformer, check. Sports games, check. RPGs, check. Beat-em-ups, double check. Games are kind of by their nature repetitive. If you like the brand of repetition, it's innovative and well-executed. If you don't like it, it's "repetitive."[/QUOTE]

Eh, but at least in FPSes for example, you've got changing scenery and challenges. With sports games, it's always the same green field or the same court. There's no real nuances that only make themselves known once you've played through a chunk of the game.

[quote name='Chacrana']Eh, but at least in FPSes for example, you've got changing scenery and challenges. With sports games, it's always the same green field or the same court. There's no real nuances that only make themselves known once you've played through a chunk of the game.[/quote]Yeah, the environments change, certainly. But the gameplay is generally "shoot people." Maybe throw a "hide for moment" in there for good measure.

[quote name='daroga']Yeah, the environments change, certainly. But the gameplay is generally "shoot people." Maybe throw a "hide for moment" in there for good measure.[/QUOTE]

Right, but you get new weapons and, game-permitting, new powers and types of obstacles to overcome.

[quote name='daroga']Yeah, it's not a dig at either, it's just pretty much the same deal. And Sports and RPGs really have a lot of things in common. Similar bite-sized gameplay, over and over, looking to lead your team to victory, etc.

I'm starting to become more suspect of criticisms of games that say they have repetitive gameplay. What games don't repeat? FPS, check. Platformer, check. Sports games, check. RPGs, check. Beat-em-ups, double check. Games are kind of by their nature repetitive. If you like the brand of repetition, it's innovative and well-executed. If you don't like it, it's "repetitive."[/quote]

Ratchets on ps2 (gc and uya, 2nd and 3rd ones) were surprisingly not repetitive, kept things fresh. I liked that. :)

[quote name='Chacrana']Right, but you get new weapons and, game-permitting, new powers and types of obstacles to overcome.[/quote]Sure, just like you get different spells in RPGs, or you opt to blitz vs. zone, or hit the full court press. The core is still the game thing over and over again, just with different frilly things attached.

There's certainly exceptions, but it seems to be a general rule of gaming. And I obviously don't have any problems with this; it's just something interesting to take a step back and look at.

[quote name='daroga'] you opt to blitz vs. zone, or hit the full court press.[/QUOTE]

I dunno that I'd consider weapons to be the same as tactics.

And while less gameplay-centric, the one thing sports games always lack is atmosphere. I guess you could say "Oh, I feel like I'm on the field," but that's not really that interesting. It's not unique or especially exciting.

[quote name='Chacrana']I dunno that I'd consider weapons to be the same as tactics.

And while less gameplay-centric, the one thing sports games always lack is atmosphere. I guess you could say "Oh, I feel like I'm on the field," but that's not really that interesting. It's not unique or especially exciting.[/quote]I would've agreed with you until last night. Playing Madden in Superstar mode playing as the Running Back, with 5.1 crowd roaring around you, no obnoxious announcers, and lower, more "on the field" camera, was surprisingly well done

One game I can think of that drastically changes with a simple change of a weapon is DMC3. I dare anyone to say otherwise.

[quote name='distgfx']One game I can think of that drastically changes with a simple change of a weapon is DMC3. I dare anyone to say otherwise.[/QUOTE]

Also, DMC4 with changes in weapons and style. It's crazy.

[quote name='suko_32']Also, DMC4 with changes in weapons and style. It's crazy.[/quote]

Ah yes, you can change style in-game in DMC4, I forgot about that.

I enjoy playing in RL and watching sports on TV, hence, I enjoy sports video games.

My co-workers are still hooked on WoW. I'm thinking it's because they are prepping for the expansion or something. I can get in and out of these MMOs pretty much whenever I want. I figure I'll do a month or so to prep for Lich King and then another month or two after it comes out. Never got past level 45 in WoW actually.

Random question:
Since the router we have is lamesauce, I was wondering:
Is having more than 1 router sensible?
I'm talking about having 1 next to the upstairs computer, and one downstairs (no comp nearby) and having the gaming consoles plugged into it for uber speed and no connection issues.
Is such a thing possible?

[quote name='Azumangaman']Random question:
Since the router we have is lamesauce, I was wondering:
Is having more than 1 router sensible?
I'm talking about having 1 next to the upstairs computer, and one downstairs (no comp nearby) and having the gaming consoles plugged into it for uber speed and no connection issues.
Is such a thing possible?[/QUOTE]

I have 12 routers and I connected them all together with ethernet cables on the floor in a big circle. Sure, it serves absolutely no purpose, but when I'm feeling lonely I sit in the middle of the circle and that makes me feel better.

[quote name='whoknows']I have 12 routers and I connected them all together with ethernet cables on the floor in a big circle. Sure, it serves absolutely no purpose, but when I'm feeling lonely I sit in the middle of the circle and that makes me feel better.[/quote]
Wow...so I can have 2 on different floors (maybe one in my room the the gaming stuff can connect to...). Does it have to be connected to a computer?
G'night GGT.
Feeling pretty sick so I might still be here tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back