GOG Deals Thread

“The games will be on sale only one at a time in limited numbers of copies. When the stock of one game–marked on the promo page with a counter–runs out, another game is up.”

That seems awful.
Sounds like Black Friday at Walmart. I'll be sure not to shower between then and now so I have the appropriate smell.

If nothing else, this will be good for some excellent forum rage. Back in my Sims-addled days, I would often check out their similar Sims Store rotating deals. When certain high-demand items inevitably sold out in 30 seconds, you'd get a few disappointed posts, followed by screenshots of the two or three people who actually got in on it, followed by disgruntled gratz and even more disappointment. I never did get to waste money on Greenhouse parts.

That seems awful.
Perhaps, but you have to consider something else: A lot of GOG members, myself included, already have quite a huge amount of games from past sales. So I don't expect these to run out right away.

Besides, you'll probably get them just as cheap during Christmas.

When is GOG going to get:

627.jpg

I don't give a crap that it's not on PC....I want to pay $7.49 for it with the free soundtrack and bag of Reeses Pieces..... fuck

They're apparently going to run a sale starting tomorrow.

Basically, a bunch of games at a low price, but in limited amounts. I don't think this will include the more recent releases.

http://games.on.net/2013/11/gog-celebrates-insomnia-prevents-you-from-sleeping-with-bargains/

“The games will be on sale only one at a time in limited numbers of copies. When the stock of one game–marked on the promo page with a counter–runs out, another game is up.”

That seems awful.
Yikes. There's no way I'm gonna be around to post all that shit.

That seems awful.
It sounds like they're getting desperate. They've now got the Humble Store to compete with, so I guess they're trying to do something different to generate more sales.

It sounds like they're getting desperate. They've now got the Humble Store to compete with, so I guess they're trying to do something different to generate more sales.

They should do better weekend sales... less games but better discounts. I usually wait until holiday sales to increase my classics backlog, unless I have an anxiety to play certain game (like krondor this weekend).

Fall Insomnia Sale is live.

First deal is System Shock 2 @ 80% off = $1.99

201 copies left.

EDIT: Some games will be free during this promo, they'll have around 20-30 copies each for those.

Last edited by a moderator:
This should also be noted:

"There will also occasionally be some free games in super limited numbers (like, 20 or 30 copies)--if you're fast enough on the trigger finger to pick 'em up, that is."

So not only will they have sales on games, but they'll be giving some away too.

I agree that there may be some sour grapes about missing sales, but frankly I'm actually rather pleased that GOG is at least trying something new and different. Look at the Steam holiday sales--a few years ago, each one had a theme with different associated mechanics and now they're pretty much all "here's your 12-hour flash deals and your 48-hour dailies." I hope GOG's servers can handle the traffic. 

They're basically copying Amazon Lightning Deals.. I think you can save a deal to your cart without checking out, but not sure how long it lasts.

Sacred Gold $1.99 now. It looked like they were giving away Omerta + all DLC (40 copies) for about a second and then they were all gone (at least that's how it looked to me?).

Now Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav for $3.99.

EDIT: This one may take a while to deplete; if you're going to pony up $4 for DE:CoS,  you may as well just BTA the Humble weekly. And GOG doesn't have cardz.

EDIT 2: Well, it appears to be going down pretty quickly . . . .

Sacred Gold $1.99 now. It looked like they were giving away Omerta + all DLC (40 copies) for about a second and then they were all gone (at least that's how it looked to me?).
Shit, I was sitting there watching Sacred Gold run down, and then it flipped to Dark Eye...never saw Omerta......they can bite my left....

EDIT: This one may take a while to deplete; if you're going to pony up $4 for DE:CoS, you may as well just BTA the Humble weekly. And GOG doesn't have cardz.

Ah, forgot about it being in the Humble weekly offer.

Shelter is the next game, according to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkQPibac3TQ

Also, it says there'll be 101 games in this promo..

Shelter is the next game, according to this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkQPibac3TQ

Also, it says there'll be 101 games in this promo..
Grr, somebody tell GOG to quit featuring stuff that's currently in a bundle! It's enough to make you want to take a nap, unless you're at work (like me).

EDIT: This one may take a while to deplete; if you're going to pony up $4 for DE:CoS, you may as well just BTA the Humble weekly. And GOG doesn't have cardz.

It was going pretty quickly, but it's slowed down quite a bit.

I take my comments back. This was a horrible idea. :\

Also, the people who buy games at GOG don't usually buy Steam-focused bundles, either because they hate Steam or because ... they hate Steam. :p

They need to focus on what they do best: old games that are not (currently) on Steam.

Giana Sisters flying off the virtual shelves...same prices as was on Steam a few weeks back...wheeeee!

Actually got in on Tropico 3. Said it failed on the site, but got confirmation via email.
Really? I was able to click the buy button for it, but got the message that this offer has expired. Nothing in my email yet. I'm not sure if I would've played it anyway, but I did regret not picking it up in a bundle before.

Really? I was able to click the buy button for it, but got the message that this offer has expired. Nothing in my email yet. I'm not sure if I would've played it anyway, but I did regret not picking it up in a bundle before.
Yeah, got that same message. Who knows. Email showed up about 30 seconds afterwards.

Bit on Icewind Dale. Had the MysterD version, but hey, why not.

Personally, I like this sale format. Speaks to my insane desire to impulse buy things.

Yeah, got that same message. Who knows. Email showed up about 30 seconds afterwards.

Bit on Icewind Dale. Had the MysterD version, but hey, why not.

Personally, I like this sale format. Speaks to my insane desire to impulse buy things.
Yeah , I know the feeling , especially the rush you get when there are like 50 copies for free.

bread's done
Back