Grand Theft Auto IV - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='Spybreak8']Signing off until the game comes out... Just like Bioshock, don't want to ruin the experience until I experience it.^^[/quote]

I also think i'm going to 2nd that and heave outta here myself.
Till release that is. It's going to be hard.

:wave:

So on the GameFAQS message boards they are talking about confirmed songs in the game (through leaked videos and the like) and apparently Soulja Boy is in it.

This is the GameFAQS boards though

And it's hopefully fake

I'm trying to finish up Lost Odyssey as fast as possible, but still soak in the story/action, so I can enjoy GTA IV without having to feel bad for putting L.O. on the shelf for months.

[quote name='anomynous']So on the GameFAQS message boards they are talking about confirmed songs in the game (through leaked videos and the like) and apparently Soulja Boy is in it.

This is the GameFAQS boards though

And it's hopefully fake[/QUOTE]

Ya, GameFAQs is about as reliable as Wikipedia.

[quote name='lordwow']Ya, GameFAQs is about as reliable as Wikipedia.[/quote]

Which is to say, very.

So there were videos up? Sucks, I would of liked to of seen a few minutes of gameplay. Any new links?

[quote name='mykevermin']Me too, DustHimself. I'm roughly midway through disc 3, we'll see if I finish by Tuesday.[/quote]

Haha, that's exactly where I'm at. Awesome.

I can probably gaurentee you it was just the suspension of the SUV, but in real life it should've rolled i dunno how many times.

Race ya! (I kid, of course. It took 14 days to log the 10 hours needed to get to disc 2, so I'm really pushing it now).

Yeah, I almost said hte same thing but I decided not too. I'm pushing it as well, and with school and all that I'd be screwing myself over one way or another.

[quote name='DustHimself']I can probably gaurentee you it was just the suspension of the SUV, but in real life it should've rolled i dunno how many times.
[/quote]

There is a video out there of a hummer flipping over from a sharp turn.

[quote name='lordwow']There is no doubt in my mind that the DLC will be $30. And you know what? If it's huge and awesome, I will pay $30 for it.[/QUOTE]

From what I have heard, and the price isn't finalized yet, it has a strong possibility of being $40.

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']From what I have heard, and the price isn't finalized yet, it has a strong possibility of being $40.[/QUOTE]

And if it's huge and awesome, it will be worth it

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']rockastar legal has just dropped in on the stream... whoever is streaming it needs to respect R*'s wishes.[/quote]

:lol:...would they really have to?

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']to be honest, I have no idea.[/quote]

Well, by streaming, you are openly admitting that you have a pirated copy of the game running on a modded 360, since the game isn't officially out.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']rockastar legal has just dropped in on the stream... whoever is streaming it needs to respect R*'s wishes.[/QUOTE]

what stream do you refer to?

[quote name='help1']Well, by streaming, you are openly admitting that you have a pirated copy of the game running on a modded 360, since the game isn't officially out.[/quote]
Unless some store actually sold you a copy of the game. In which case you are doing nothing wrong by playing a legal copy of it.

[quote name='Nelo Ice']gah looks like liongames wont ship till the 29th
gonna have to pick this up in store now :bomb:[/QUOTE]Wait, what?! Did Tony send out an e-mail or something? (If so, I didn't get it) I've been worrying over this myself as the release gets closer. Are you 100% certain Liongames won't be shipping until the 29th?

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']rockastar legal has just dropped in on the stream... whoever is streaming it needs to respect R*'s wishes.[/QUOTE]

ahahaha

[quote name='help1']Well, by streaming, you are openly admitting that you have a pirated copy of the game running on a modded 360, since the game isn't officially out.[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily. Could have gotten it from a store who broke street date.

R* is putting a lot of legal effort in keep this game from the masses. I think some of these little teases may in fact be from R* themselves. I think so but thats my opp.

wow... the streaming video guy just stole a car, pulled the driver out, drove off, but the driver got stuck under the wedge of the back wheel and was dragged everywhere... euphoria is crazy.

[quote name='Danimal']Wait, what?! Did Tony send out an e-mail or something? (If so, I didn't get it) I've been worrying over this myself as the release gets closer. Are you 100% certain Liongames won't be shipping until the 29th?[/quote]

well according to someone who posted in the liongames thread he emailed tony and apparently take 2 is having a problem with his distributor so he cant ship until the 29th
i emailed tony to confirm though
havent gotten a response yet

All I can say is all the gameplay I've seen still makes me go "wow". I personally never have felt this way in gaming before with the closest being when i first played GTAIII.

This is already setting new standards for games.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']All I can say is all the gameplay I've seen still makes me go "wow". I personally never have felt this way in gaming before with the closest being when i first played GTAIII.

This is already setting new standards for games.[/quote]

Exaggeration much? Looks like a new and improved GTA 3 from what I have seen. Not saying anything is wrong with that, but maybe you and I are watching different videos.

EDIT: The intro was hella good, though.

Really, really pumped for story, I'm not a sandbox person so these things so I dont even really pay attention to that stuff. But, seems nothing that new to me.

[quote name='help1']Exaggeration much? Looks like a new and improved GTA 3 from what I have seen. Not saying anything is wrong with that, but maybe you and I are watching different videos.

EDIT: The intro was hella good, though.[/QUOTE]

if you see someone take a ride on the rail and they use the first person view the entire ride, you'll know what I mean.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']if you see someone take a ride on the rail and they use the first person view the entire ride, you'll know what I mean.[/quote]

I saw some newer videos, and I am seeing what you are now.

The stealthy mission with that Jamaican guy.

The video where he "falcon punches" the guy into the path of an oncoming train.

Loved em both.

bread's done
Back