Grand Theft Auto IV - Gen. Discussion & Info

man that video is awesome! very impressed w/ the sound quality for a youtube clip...but im coming off of Frontlines so a lot of things are impressive.

[quote name='zewone']Anywhere with a good scan of the entire map?[/quote]

Check your game case, stupid! #-o

Or get mojimbo to scan it up for you.

[quote name='Danil ACE']I don't see how Rockstar can have the videos taken down since they own the copyright to the game, not the fan made videos.[/quote]

The videos were taken from the game which has yet to officially and legally be released. Even though the person may have bought the game legally (i doubt it though) doesn't excuse them from posting videos.

[quote name='DiscoDuck8k']So, about the midnight releases.. is that Monday night or Tuesday night?[/quote]

This post makes me sad. :cry:

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Any current youtube videos up? I wanted to show a friend of mine but that last kickass one with the Helicopter was taken down.[/quote]

Not at the moment. The recent video have been taken down by Take 2.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Any current youtube videos up? I wanted to show a friend of mine but that last kickass one with the Helicopter was taken down.[/QUOTE] In a way, I'm glad these things keep getting taken down. I kind of wish I had seen that one, with all the comments about it here, but I'm holding off on watching anything more about it until I've played it to try and stay spoiler-free. It's killing me, though. I wish the 29th would just friggin' get here already. :wall:

The 29th can't come here fast enough. I'm sure I'll skip the midnight release and go out drinking instead. I want to grab the game at CC anywho for the 10.00 GC.

Watching those videos were awesome. Even though I told myself yesterday i would avoid them, I can not :(

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Any current youtube videos up? I wanted to show a friend of mine but that last kickass one with the Helicopter was taken down.[/quote]

Same here. If anyone finds it again, please post it.

[quote name='JJSP']So...have we already set up groups playing together and causing general mayhem across Liberty City?[/quote]

Not yet, but considering the amount of people who will be playing this, it should be hard to get rooms of CAGs together. Can't wait!

[quote name='DiscoDuck8k']Everyone has their moments, one cheeky remark was enough.

:roll:[/QUOTE]

Hey, I don't blame you for getting confused, espicially because most places put games out on a Wednesday. I wasn't following release dates too closely at all, and Gamestop.com says it SHIPS the 29th... so I assumed it would be out the 30th, which is a Wednesday, like all other games (except Nintendo).

It wasn't until I looked at the ads for next week closely, and saw Gamestop.com's shipping date should actually be the 28th, since it is OUT the 29th, not shipping.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Uhoh, the pirates are speaking....

Time to hide my eyes.[/quote]

Quite disappointing i must say :( I could understand games that aren't' worth $60...but GTAIV has already proven it is worth every penny.

Help me out guys...360 or PS3 version? I've been reading that the PS3 looks better but only by a little, and that it loads faster. But the 360 has the exclusive downloads. Now to me that doesn't really matter much because they might cost more than 1600 points and if so, I won't even bother to buy it.

So help me out guys.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Help me out guys...360 or PS3 version? I've been reading that the PS3 looks better but only by a little, and that it loads faster. But the 360 has the exclusive downloads. Now to me that doesn't really matter much because they might cost more than 1600 points and if so, I won't even bother to buy it.

So help me out guys.[/quote]

I was on the PS3 boards on gamefaqs, and someone brought up a good point. With the new aiming system, the half way holding aiming style is going to be hella awkward on the PS3 controller. Those "triggers" just aren't designed for that type of usage.

Also, XBL, achievements > PSN

I think stores should sell the game whenever they get it. Having something street dated is stupid.

Having said that I wish that my 360 was modded (which it isn't because 360 is so unreliable I would never ever open it) because tuesday can't come soon enough so I can pickup my preordered (paid in full also) copy of GTA4 Special Edition.

[quote name='mrelusive']You guys are assuming everyone that downloads it won't buy it. :p

Pirates aren't as Nazi evil as you think.[/quote]

Its quite funny how people think pirates are the worst thing, then they go and buy used games, which is the same thing as pirating as far as the developers are concerned.

Just like buying used items, pirating will never go away as long as the options are available. You think people would pay $4 a gallon for gas if they could pirate their own?

[quote name='Danil ACE']I think stores should sell the game whenever they get it. Having something street dated is stupid.

Having said that I wish that my 360 was modded (which it isn't because 360 is so unreliable I would never ever open it) because tuesday can't come soon enough so I can pickup my preordered (paid in full also) copy of GTA4 Special Edition.[/QUOTE]

I agree.

Some lady tried to preorder Mario Kart Wii today at Gamestop, but the system couldn't do it. Why? Because it was already in the store, thereby, you can't preorder it anymore!

So basacially the lady left, without a preorder, or a copy of the game. Sales - 1.

I do agree, street dates are dumb. There is no reason MK Wii couldn't have been out for Wednesday, and retailers need to hold out for some special date just to build more hype. It's really the same for GTA 4, no reason stores should be holding on to it just so it can hit that special 4/29 date.

I'm sure retailers hate it just as much as we do, because they will get a billion calls on Monday about the game.

[quote name='Bezerker']Its quite funny how people think pirates are the worst thing, then they go and buy used games, which is the same thing as pirating as far as the developers are concerned.[/quote]
I don't mean to stir up a hornet's nest, but buying used games and piracy is different on so many levels. Used games have an original owner that paid for the game. Piracy on the other hand, probably has an original owner that paid for it as well, but ends up releasing it on the internet.(I'm assuming you're talking about internet disterbution piracy.) Piracy is on a way larger scale. In most cases hundreds and sometimes even thousands. Used games? The copy probably gets re-bought once, in rare cases twice.

I'm not saying I hate piracy but when I read your comment I just had to reply. :lol:

Also, if I have downloaded the game, it doesn't make much sense for me to go out and spend $60 on the same game. And I'm sure a lot of the people that did download, won't either.

[quote name='Roufuss']I agree.

Some lady tried to preorder Mario Kart Wii today at Gamestop, but the system couldn't do it. Why? Because it was already in the store, thereby, you can't preorder it anymore!

So basacially the lady left, without a preorder, or a copy of the game. Sales - 1.

I do agree, street dates are dumb. There is no reason MK Wii couldn't have been out for Wednesday, and retailers need to hold out for some special date just to build more hype. It's really the same for GTA 4, no reason stores should be holding on to it just so it can hit that special 4/29 date.

I'm sure retailers hate it just as much as we do, because they will get a billion calls on Monday about the game.[/QUOTE]

You can do manual preorders if it's not in the system...I forgot how though...

[quote name='RiCeBo1']You can do manual preorders if it's not in the system...I forgot how though...[/QUOTE]
Yeah. You just type in the SKU on the person's preorder list. That employee was stupid.

[quote name='Littlefields']I don't mean to stir up a hornet's nest, but buying used games and piracy is different on so many levels. Used games have an original owner that paid for the game. Piracy on the other hand, probably has an original owner that paid for it as well, but ends up releasing it on the internet.(I'm assuming you're talking about internet disterbution piracy.) Piracy is on a way larger scale. In most cases hundreds and sometimes even thousands. Used games? The copy probably gets re-bought once, in rare cases twice.

I'm not saying I hate piracy but when I read your comment I just had to reply. :lol:

Also, if I have downloaded the game, it doesn't make much sense for me to go out and spend $60 on the same game. And I'm sure a lot of the people that did download, won't either.[/quote]

I completely agree. Buying used games still supports the developer because the game was originally bought by someone. Pirating means the game was bought by one person and given away free to who knows how many people, 1,000's at least.

bread's done
Back