= Steam Trading Cards Available
kiGzp.png
= Playable On PC
e7cjl.gif
= Playable on MAC
uWi0M.gif
= Playable on Linux

Last edited by a moderator:
This might be the first bundle in a while where I buy all of the games. Only one I'm undecided on is Gentlemen, but it has cards, so.. I'll probably get that too.

I didn't find the demo of Gateways very fun.  It seems to aspire to the Portal Flash game style but with added wrapping visuals and size changing ability, but it wasn't very fluid.  The character moves and jumps like Shuggy from their previous game and is worse off for it.

Some of the other games look tempting though.

9.03m (Steam+DRM-Free, PC)

Not really a game but a tribute to tsunami victims so a Dear Esther (I guess) type of deal
9.03m is only $1.99 on steam however the developer/publisher will gave half of their received royalties to Aid For Japan, a charity that helps children who lost their parents in the tsunami so this really fits in the bundle theme of holiday helping.

Looks pretty good. Kind of a pity that it's not a BM bundle with all the games that I want in the $1 tier, but that's not too much of an issue.

Mmm… maybe Blood the Werewolf… and Driftmoon… and Stickman.  Even though I like Doctor Who I'm not a huge adventure game fan anymore.

For anyone who's interested, for some reason the DW bundle in Holiday Helpings only includes games 1-4.

yxZ5rCy.png

Apparently The Gunpowder Plot is the one and only part of "Season 2."

EDIT: Also apparently you don't have access to any versions of these when you buy the DW games. Unlike every other item I picked up in this bundle, when I click on the DW button, nothing happens. Weird.

EDIT 2: Must be one hell of a bonus. Did anyone else notice the only bonus unlocks after $100,000 is spent?

Anyone have any experience with Stick Man? Seems like an indie version of Scribblenauts.
Not really. Stickman uses drawings and Scribblenauts is about creating objects using words.

I do have to say that Draw a Stickman: EPIC is pretty lame. You can kinda just scribble anything and feels like it's for very young kids. Anyone played Q.U.B.E., Gateways, or Doctor Who?

I didn't find Draw a Stickman to be all that lame. I was actually surprised by how little drawing there is to be done (at least in the first part that I've played) and that it is more of a simple open world adventure/puzzler. Beware though that it was originally a tablet game if that bothers anyone.

Anyone have any experience with Stick Man? Seems like an indie version of Scribblenauts.
It looks more like an indie version of Drawn to Life than Scribblenauts from the gameplay I've seen. Less about solving puzzles with stuff you come up with, and more just about customizing the game with your own drawings.

In case anyone wasn't aware (like me), Gentlemen! is a local mutliplayer game.  As in ONLY local multiplayer.  No single player, no online MP.  Fortunately, it's not too difficult to control two different players on a keyboard.  My left hand is no match for righty.

Good card value for now, but no buyers.

In case anyone wasn't aware (like me), Gentlemen! is a local mutliplayer game. As in ONLY local multiplayer. No single player, no online MP. Fortunately, it's not too difficult to control two different players on a keyboard. My left hand is no match for righty.

Good card value for now, but no buyers.
Well, your right hand has more "experience."

Good info, although it looked a bit crap even without being weirdly only local versus. Maybe I should have gotten this for the cardz, but oh well.

Okay, the method of item generation is different but is the gameplay the same? Puzzle solving with 'conjured' objects?
It's a horrible game. Don't buy it.
Knowing that Mooby hates most videogames, I'd tend to say that this is good direct advice. However, it's quite unfair to just label it horrible without going into specifics.

I thought it was okay. It's won a few awards if that means anything (it doesn't).

I thought there'd be much more drawing, but it turns out you only need to draw one or two things per area and the rest is more action-oriented. There seems to be a decent amount of choice in the direction you choose, but it isn't what I'd call a complex or deep game. I'm sure any gameplay video would show you what you needed to know.

For anyone who's interested, for some reason the DW bundle in Holiday Helpings only includes games 1-4.

yxZ5rCy.png

Apparently The Gunpowder Plot is the one and only part of "Season 2."

EDIT: Also apparently you don't have access to any versions of these when you buy the DW games. Unlike every other item I picked up in this bundle, when I click on the DW button, nothing happens. Weird.

EDIT 2: Must be one hell of a bonus. Did anyone else notice the only bonus unlocks after $100,000 is spent?
Okay, the DW thing has been fixed; when I click the button now, I get a download link for the DRM-free version.

QUBE is a decent puzzle FPS game, you basically point at stuff with your mouse and press the buttons to move things around. It can be quite tricky, but it's beatable. Unfortunately for me it gave me really bad motion sickness.

QUBE is a decent puzzle FPS game, you basically point at stuff with your mouse and press the buttons to move things around. It can be quite tricky, but it's beatable. Unfortunately for me it gave me really bad motion sickness.
Hmm... damnit, looked interesting, but mo~tion~sick~ness...

For anyone thinking about waiting for a 1 game minimum promo *looks at Faux*, it's probably not gonna happen. It's charity themed, and the price is lower than most build a bundles.

For anyone thinking about waiting for a 1 game minimum promo *looks at Faux*, it's probably not gonna happen. It's charity themed, and the price is lower than most build a bundles.
They've run a $0.50 one before iirc, and I don't remember there being a 1-game option during it.

I bought in figuring this would be the case, even though I only wanted Werewolf. Plus, I got to feed a kid. Neuro, my Doctor key is yours once they get released.
For serious?! That'd be awesome. I was just mulling over what game I wasn't interested in to add to make a pair.

Merry Christmas, yo! 

I don't check my Groupees account page very often, but I'm sure this thread will alert us as to when you'll get it.

Ah, so Driftmoon isn't live yet.  Could have saved myself a bit of fret if I'd bothered to read the descriptions.

Got Driftmoon, Ethan Hunter, 9.03 m, Blood of the Werewolf and FUBAR collection. All look decent (9.03m is cheap enough though I know it's extremly short), kind of wish the music was bonuses like usual. I wont buy anything I really don't know even though I did listen to samples.

I grabbed everything but BotW (since I had it from BundleStars), and Avernum for Drabe. Didn't check out the music or books though, since I have too many albums I never get to listen to from Groupees already, and reading's for nerds ;)

I grabbed everything but BotW (since I had it from BundleStars), and Avernum for Drabe. Didn't check out the music or books though, since I have too many albums I never get to listen to from Groupees already, and reading's for nerds ;)
Funny. I bought BotW because then I wouldn't need that bundlestars.

bread's done
Back