Hey FGT #11, Go home and sleep. You suck.

[quote name='j-cart']Cough, M.Bison.[/QUOTE]
I didn't say the others weren't easy, I just said that those in particular were the easiest. ;)

[quote name='MusicNoteLess']I never really grasped the concept of plinking until now. I saw this vid and I'm pulling off link combos with cammy significantly easier than before. Now I just need to put in the time to practice.[/QUOTE]

You platinumed/1000 SF4 without understanding plinking? I'm amazed.
I figured you had that shit down cold, man.

I understand the concept, but training my hands to use it doesn't work so well..

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Tony Hawk has the easiest trials. I'd say second goes to either Vega, Dudley, or Makoto.[/QUOTE]
Makoto had the HP hayate cancel into HP (into super ultra?), that was pretty difficult.

At least for people not used to playing Viper.

[quote name='MusicNoteLess']I always thought pros had impeccable timing. So I did trials until i had the muscle memory for them. Shit was so frustrating at times.[/QUOTE]

I did too ... until I heard about double tapping and plinking. =(

[quote name='corrosivefrost']What's double tapping in SF4 context?[/QUOTE]
I wonder what other contexts there are.

"You see that hot girl there?"
"Yeah man. I already double tapped her."

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Thanks, smartass. :p[/QUOTE]

;)

haters6.jpg

[quote name='kainzero']I wonder what other contexts there are.

"You see that hot girl there?"
"Yeah man. I already double tapped her."[/QUOTE]

Rule #4: Always double-tap.

Two shots, straight to the dome.

plinking only works for higher damage attacks tho, don't it??

you can't plink cr. shorts with Blanka so double tapping would be the way to go as those links are also real tough

and plinking is a new technique also, lots of older players still have double tap in their muscle memories

[quote name='PhrostByte']I think Double Tap has something to do with turning the revenge meter up to 11.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

--

Random side note: Balrog and Dhalsim are impossible to me. :(

[quote name='hankmecrankme']SSFIV is still so foreign to me. Pretty sure I'll never be good at this shit. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Forget that shit mang, let's go get twisted.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']:rofl:

--

Random side note: Balrog and Dhalsim are impossible to me. :([/QUOTE]

Don't forget to FA Balrog's punches! With the exception of his Turn Punch and that other one where he kinda strikes the middle of the body, all of them can be Focused.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Don't forget to FA Balrog's punches! With the exception of his Turn Punch and that other one where he kinda strikes the middle of the body, all of them can be Focused.[/QUOTE]

Turnaround punch, the down-forward kick punch and overhead punch all break focus. Any good rog switches it up, so it might hurt you more to try.

New dev blog for SSFIVAE is up. Talking about Guile, Seth and Dee Jay, I think.

Some things that stick out about Seth...

- Cr.hp is faster, cr.mk has more active frames.
- Active frames of his headstomps have changed, so the timing is different now.
- Divekick's hit and blockstun have been reduced.
- Sonic Boom recovery reduced by 1f, EX Boom reduced by 3.
- Lightning Kicks deal more damage, less stun.
- U2 has less recovery and 12 frames of invincibility (after that, just projectile invincible); U1 has more recovery but also does more damage.
- 800 health, 900 stun

There's more, but That Triple's browser has a text limit.

[quote name='JEKKI']They're gonna have a mvc3 food battle next week!!

If u wanna play it u should go!! Ima go!![/QUOTE]

I'll see you there!

---

Does anyone else just glance over/ignore RRs posts in here too?

hahahahha jk

[quote name='Mr. Beef']New dev blog for SSFIVAE is up. Talking about Guile, Seth and Dee Jay, I think.

Some things that stick out about Seth...

- Cr.hp is faster, cr.mk has more active frames.
- Active frames of his headstomps have changed, so the timing is different now.
- Divekick's hit and blockstun have been reduced.
- Sonic Boom recovery reduced by 1f, EX Boom reduced by 3.
- Lightning Kicks deal more damage, less stun.
- U2 has less recovery and 12 frames of invincibility (after that, just projectile invincible); U1 has more recovery but also does more damage.
- 800 health, 900 stun

There's more, but That Triple's browser has a text limit.[/QUOTE]

!? hahahaha

YEAH YEAH, KEEP LAUGHING. fuck, I'm just happy that this pieceoshit browser even has copy/paste (which I think was included in an update this year). smmfh

Still, it's great for late-night browsing. Plus Youtube on a big-ass screen is pretty sweet. *wistfulsigh* :(

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Don't forget to FA Balrog's punches! With the exception of his Turn Punch and that other one where he kinda strikes the middle of the body, all of them can be Focused.[/QUOTE]

Oh, nah, I was talking to learn -- their links seems off based on anyone else I have done a number or trials with...

The only matchups I really fear are Tony Hawk and Adon. :cool:

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Oh, nah, I was talking to learn -- their links seems off based on anyone else I have done a number or trials with...

The only matchups I really fear are Tony Hawk and Adon. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Who do you play? Hawk should be cake to keep out.

[quote name='distgfx']Who do you play? Hawk should be cake to keep out.[/QUOTE]

I don't usually play zone/keep away -- I tend to be aggressive as hell.
I also usually play as Cammy/Chun/Ken.

I think I mostly get fucked because I block stuff instead of keep away against Hawk and end up eating tick throw mexican typhoons all day long.

[quote name='MusicNoteLess']ORLY?

By chance does the grapevine say anything about a certain mini-golf franchise in norcal aqcuiring an AE?[/QUOTE]

I heard:

Sunnyvale Golfland + Rack & Cue @ San Francisco State

WOOOOOOOOOOOOT

[quote name='asianxcore']Word from the Grapevine is a couple of NorCal arcades are getting AE.[/QUOTE]

Hit me up when that grapevine of yours has a console release date.

sorry for not taking invites for SSFIV tonight... had friends over and they wanted to lay something after watching a movie.

Is it wrong I'm still not too excited about MvC3? Only thing I've seen so far I like is Spencer... that's it really.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']sorry for not taking invites for SSFIV tonight... had friends over and they wanted to lay something after watching a movie.

Is it wrong I'm still not too excited about MvC3? Only thing I've seen so far I like is Spencer... that's it really.[/QUOTE]

Dude, I don't know how you're like the polar opposite of me at all times. :bouncy:
He's one of the characters I loathe... and as superficial as it would be, he'd be better if he was classic Spencer, not giant bomb remake Spencer.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Dude, I don't know how you're like the polar opposite of me at all times. :bouncy:
He's one of the characters I loathe... and as superficial as it would be, he'd be better if he was classic Spencer, not giant bomb remake Spencer.[/QUOTE]

You forget there's alternate costumes... -_-

I hate the new spencer as well, but alt costume spencer will be good.

[quote name='MusicNoteLess']Ive been getting some wins with Hakan online not because I'm good, but it seems people don't know what to do when they play against me. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Nice.. we should play sometime, I was messing Hakan a bit when this first came out. Anyone that has it on 360 in here, we should play sometime. It's been months since I've played and I would love to get back into the game.

@corrosivefrost: I wouldn't worry about double-tapping and plinking too much right now. You gotta remember that those are advanced techniques for advanced players. Learn basic combos (and I mean basic) and make sure you don't make dumb mistakes. Punish at every opportunity, and learn how all the characters basically work. Worrying about plinking, double-tapping etc.. is only going to hurt your gamesmanship right now.

[quote name='heavyd853']Good thing for me the gameworks 2 miles up the road is picking up AE when it drops. :eek:[/QUOTE]

I love the setups for all the fighting games you guys have at the Gameworks (at least for TvC, KOFXII, Tekken 6, Blazblue and SFIV)

Shit is rad.

bread's done
Back