Hey FGT #11, Go home and sleep. You suck.

[quote name='asianxcore']I love the setups for all the fighting games you guys have at the Gameworks (at least for TvC, KOFXII, Tekken 6, Blazblue and SFIV)

Shit is rad.[/QUOTE]

Yeah! Supposedly when they get AE they might be getting KOFXIII too, so that the cab may be relegated to more than just a drink stand for street fighter players hahah

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I like it.

Makes me wonder what lame ass MS exclusive will show up in the 360 version.[/QUOTE]

I predict both will be banned at tourneys and we'll see 3 billion kratos online.

[quote name='distgfx']I predict both will be banned at tourneys and we'll see 3 billion kratos online.[/QUOTE]

I'd assume any console exclusive would be bant in tournaments.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I'd assume any console exclusive would be bant in tournaments.[/QUOTE]

I dunno, maybe if only one console has an exclusive char, then maybe it won't be banned? It'd be a kick in the balls for those who use 360s for tourneys but uh... I dunno, fuck if I know, up to them.

[quote name='distgfx']I dunno, maybe if only one console has an exclusive char, then maybe it won't be banned? It'd be a kick in the balls for those who use 360s for tourneys but uh... I dunno, fuck if I know, up to them.[/QUOTE]

Was there ever a SC2 tournament scene? Or SC4?
I could see SC2 banning use of Link/Spawn/Heihachi but SC4 eventually allowing Vader/Yoda.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Was there ever a SC2 tournament scene? Or SC4?
I could see SC2 banning use of Link/Spawn/Heihachi but SC4 eventually allowing Vader/Yoda.[/QUOTE]
SC2 had an arcade base so console chars were banned

SC4 banned Vader/Yoda at first only because they were console exclusive, I don't know about now but I assumed that no one wanted to mess with it by the time they came out.

Besides

Hilde

[quote name='kainzero']SC2 had an arcade base so console chars were banned

SC4 banned Vader/Yoda at first only because they were console exclusive, I don't know about now but I assumed that no one wanted to mess with it by the time they came out.

Besides

Hilde[/QUOTE]
They weren't banned at EVO '09. Saw one dude as Vader tear shit up. Then Hilde won.

Point is, I don't see Kratos being banned. If MK9 even shows up at EVO, that is.

Here's my boring list, in order of character preference.

Soul Blade/Edge - Mitsurugi*, Li Long
Soul Calibur - Mitsurugi*, Astaroth, Ivy, Nightmare, Xianghua
Soul Calibur II - Mitsurugi*, Astaroth, Nightmare, Xianghua
Soul Calibur III - Setsuka*, Astaroth, Siegfried, Mitsurugi
Soulcalibur IV - Setsuka*, Siegfried, Astaroth, Mitsurugi

I'm boring.

I played enough of all of them where I could use just about anyone decently.

Soul Blade/Edge - Sigfreid*
Soul Calibur - Nightmare*, Sigfried
Soul Calibur II - Nightmare*, Heihachi, Astaroth
Soul Calibur III - Lizardman*, Tira, Sigfreid, Astaroth
Soulcalibur IV - Lizardman*, Tira

I played the SHIT out of SC2, used to play it in the arcade religiously. I used Ivy primarily, but spent a ton of time with Nightmare and Xianghua as well. I also played a bunch of Astaroth.

Like Hank said, though, I had played it so much that I could basically use everyone. I was said to see Hwang gone, though :whistle2:(

... and no, Yun-Sung nor Assasin count

Yunsung looked like a fucking dork. I forgot that I used to use Taki, too. Bitch was too fine, plus I liked that one move where she would pound the ground and send you flying...kinda like Seismo, now that I think about it.

I always used Voldo (Not to be confused with Volvo, the Swedish supplier of commercial vehicles) cuz he was like.. affiliated with the Grape Street Crips... and then I used Heihachi in SC2 cuz he's like... the Japanese Santa Claus.

I, too, wonder if there will be an Xbox-exclusive MK character... Masterbation Chief fatality?

Also.. MK4 was my first "modern" PC game.. before that I mostly played Halloween Harry, Solitaire, Space Quest, Leisure Suit Larry, and Moonbase... bet none of you have ever played Moonbase before... shit is gangsta.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was mostly a maxi player, too bad he sucked in like every game but 3?

4 was just bad though, maybe the next one will not be horrible so I would actually want to play it again

[quote name='Mr. Beef']They weren't banned at EVO '09. Saw one dude as Vader tear shit up. Then Hilde won.

Point is, I don't see Kratos being banned. If MK9 even shows up at EVO, that is.[/QUOTE]
Well for local tournaments they were banned since we didn't necessarily have the same systems...

I used Cass 2 through 4. Used Ivy in 2 also and tried in 3 and 4 but they throw her moves through the damn shuffler every game while Cass remains virtually unchanged.

[quote name='MarkMan']Who did you use in SC? (Main with *)[/QUOTE]
Soul Blade/Edge - Mitsurugi*
Soul Calibur - Mitsurugi*
Soul Calibur II - Mitsurugi*
Soul Calibur III - Mitsurugi*
Soulcalibur IV - Mitsurugi*

Mark and his trick questions. :lol:

Also, Hilde has been banned from tournaments, some time after EVO '09.

banhildeshirt.png

It was funny how everyone was into the Vader match that was on the projection screen at EVO '09, then once Hilde showed up most of the crowd turned around and did something else. :lol:

[quote name='MusicNoteLess']Why is hilde disliked in the tournament scene?[/QUOTE]
because she can get ring outs easily. ridiculous easy, like from 9/10ths of the stage.

i think that even if you play a walled stage, she has incredible damage off wall combos and it's pretty easy to get to the wall.

plus i think one of her charge moves gives her insane frames on block, like +7 or something.

[quote name='phrostbyte']Also.. MK4 was my first "modern" PC game.. before that I mostly played Halloween Harry, Solitaire, Space Quest, Leisure Suit Larry, and Moonbase... bet none of you have ever played Moonbase before... shit is gangsta. [/quote]
i'm sure that playing old PC games that no one has ever heard of is very representative of territorial thugs from inner-city neighborhoods who often resort to illegal activities to thrive in their respective societies

[quote name='kainzero']because she can get ring outs easily. ridiculous easy, like from 9/10ths of the stage.

i think that even if you play a walled stage, she has incredible damage off wall combos and it's pretty easy to get to the wall.

plus i think one of her charge moves gives her insane frames on block, like +7 or something.

i'm sure that playing old PC games that no one has ever heard of is very representative of territorial thugs from inner-city neighborhoods who often resort to illegal activities to thrive in their respective societies[/QUOTE]

Clearly the words of someone who has never played Moonbase... I pity you friend. :(

[quote name='PhrostByte']Clearly the words of someone who has never played Moonbase... I pity you friend. :([/QUOTE]
so you're saying that if i play moonbase, i will become delusional and lose touch with reality and think that gangstas are people who in charge of maintaining a profitable colony of the moon by controlling air and water?

[quote name='kainzero']so you're saying that if i play moonbase, i will become delusional and lose touch with reality and think that gangstas are people who in charge of maintaining a profitable colony of the moon by controlling air and water?[/QUOTE]

You might.. depends on if you can successfully link the water-hoarding colonies with the protectors of the Martian invasion.

The leaked MvC3 roster has kinda killed some of the hype, but I love the reveal trailers too much to really care.

It's also nice that they fixed Viper's boobs. DD Viper, indeed.

[quote name='distgfx']Viper has her focus attack, hah.[/QUOTE]

She actually looks really neat, for the most part. Though it's a bit weird that she's the only SF character to have a focus attack. She definitely seemed to fit as she was one of the sole SF4 characters with "high jump" from what I've completed in the trials and the electric/fire CapCom comparisions are there of course too.

Lovin' the DD Viper, ordinary MILF secret agent aesthetic... :bouncy:

[quote name='corrosivefrost']She actually looks really neat, for the most part. Though it's a bit weird that she's the only SF character to have a focus attack. She definitely seemed to fit as she was one of the sole SF4 characters with "high jump" from what I've completed in the trials and the electric/fire CapCom comparisions are there of course too.

Lovin' the DD Viper, ordinary MILF secret agent aesthetic... :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
You could argue that Ryu and Chun were pulled from version of SF that didn't have FAs though, so it's not that big of a stretch.

Looks like they kept Viper's Seismo/TK Cancels for this game. Hilarious.

It was mentioned on SRK, I like that Storm's super looks like you can't DHC for free after hit.

Damn, I played MVC2 on PSN for the first time in ages. Three matches, all were some combo of Sent, Magneto, Storm, Psylocke and Cappy Commando. I could never move. :(

[quote name='Mr. Beef']You could argue that Ryu and Chun were pulled from version of SF that didn't have FAs though, so it's not that big of a stretch.[/QUOTE]

Maybe. Do we have any cross universe mayhem in the marvel characters? I mean they kept all the RE characters as their incarnations from RE5... why would they split SF characters and give us Chun from Alpha, Ryu from some other version and then Viper from 4...

At least it sounds like they got DD Viper's SSF4 VA -- not sure why they let the chick who's doing Morrigan's VA do Chun as well... it sounds terrible. I can only hope they do something like SSF4 where they end up allowing the choice between JP/US VAs.

They've confirmed that Capcom's side will have the choice between US and JPN voices.

And I only brought up the cross-game thing because that's how they got away with Ryu/Chun in TatsuCap.

bread's done
Back