Hey pacemakerguy, the OTT has the answers to all of your questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='tiredfornow']You missed when the other kid got fired a few months ago, so I had to do all his stupid work until they found someone to fill the spot. He was white and smelled like someone threw up and took a shit on his chest before work.[/quote]
Hook dallow up with a job. He just got fired.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Next week, I'm getting more CoD4 players on my buddy list and making sure more know about it next week, so we can hopefully get 18 people playing free for all on shipment. :lol:[/QUOTE]Next time set the kill limit to 100 instead of 60. My choppers barely got any time out there.

[quote name='Mojimbo']Next time set the kill limit to 100 instead of 60. My choppers barely got any time out there.[/QUOTE]Hmm, I'll try to make a note of that.

[quote name='Maklershed']That game was ridiculous.

And mana .. I probably won't be around this Saturday for CoD night again. Unless I take my PS3 to my buddies house. :whistle2:k

In any case though, I'll be able to play up until Wednesday and probably again after Sunday.[/QUOTE]All right, that's cool. I'll always be on. :cool:

[quote name='lordwow']This south park episode where Ike starts sleeping with his kindergarten teacher is so funny.[/QUOTE]

Niiice.

[quote name='anomynous']I love movie elitism on the internet.[/QUOTE]

I like the people who try and insist that whatever's popular (The Dark Knight right now) is the worst movie of all time.

Speaking of movies, I found out last night that our former WB station is now showing crappy b-movies late at night, complete with host in costume (a werewolf), cheesy promos for local businesses, and all of the horror-themed puns they can think of. I thought that that kind of thing went out of style with the 1970s, but it sure beat anything else that was on at that point in the night.

The movie was King Kong vs. Godzilla. :whee:

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']I like the people who try and insist that whatever's popular (The Dark Knight right now) is the worst movie of all time.

Speaking of movies, I found out last night that our former WB station is now showing crappy b-movies late at night, complete with host in costume (a werewolf), cheesy promos for local businesses, and all of the horror-themed puns they can think of. I thought that that kind of thing went out of style with the 1970s, but it sure beat anything else that was on at that point in the night.

The movie was King Kong vs. Godzilla. :whee:[/quote]

Oh man I'd love that. One of my favorite things ever was Monster Vision with Joe Bob Briggs. Up All Night with Elvira wasn't too shabby either.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']I like the people who try and insist that whatever's popular (The Dark Knight right now) is the worst movie of all time.

The movie was King Kong vs. Godzilla. :whee:[/quote]

Is that Channel 50?

Dude - I grew up on that! My sister and I would watch SNL and then at 1am, switch over to 50 for the crappy horror movies all night long. (If memory serves, they used the Ai-AI-AI from Zep. WHole Lotta Love, I think.)

Honestly, I miss that - it was one of my happy childhood memories. If they brought that back, I'm there! (Screw the werewolf, though; get us a local chick looking for airtime - Specs Howard is filled with them - with a plunging neckline to host, and I'll DVR the shit.)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='anomynous']:lol: @ Mango Knife starving himself so he can buy more games[/QUOTE]

CAG-induced anorexia? :shock:

That's just not right.

[quote name='PlumeNoir']Is that Channel 50?

Dude - I grew up on that! My sister and I would watch SNL and then at 1am, switch over to 50 for the crappy horror movies all night long. (If memory serves, they used the Ai-AI-AI from Zep. WHole Lotta Love, I think.)

Honestly, I miss that - it was one of my happy childhood memories. If they brought that back, I'm there! (Screw the werewolf, though; get us a local chick looking for airtime - Specs Howard is filled with them - with a plunging neckline to host, and I'll DVR the shit.)[/QUOTE]

It was Channel 20, actually. It was definitely a local group, but they ran the "The following was a paid program..." message after the credits, so I'm thinking they may have just bought some cheap airtime instead of the station being involved in any way.

This is the first time I remember seeing anything like this on one of the Detroit area stations, recently or otherwise. Channel 50 still shows movies, but they're usually completely random - why show Inspector Gadget 2 or the first Pokémon movie at 1AM on a Sunday?

Damn, Walrus, now you have me racking my brain.

Channel 50 used to do "Creature Feature" at 1pm, IIRC, Saturday afternoons at 1pm - but I can't remember their late saturday night show.

I'm also going back to the late 70's/ early 80's. I was barely 10 the last time I remember it.
If it was paid for and not by the station, I hope they get a clue. Bringing back cheesy stuff like that would be better than anything they can syndicate against the cable networks...

Last year around Halloween they had a similar thing going here, though i think it was the local TVOne station. I don't believe the station itself did it though, because they'd talk about some local haunted house everytime they came back from commercial.

It was cool though, had this crazy looking guy dressed up as a blood spattered doctor or something. Forget them movie, but it was cool, they need to do stuf flike that more often.

[quote name='JolietJake']Last year around Halloween they had a similar thing going here, though i think it was the local TVOne station. I don't believe the station itself did it though, because they'd talk about some local haunted house everytime they came back from commercial.

It was cool though, had this crazy looking guy dressed up as a blood spattered doctor or something. Forget them movie, but it was cool, they need to do stuf flike that more often.[/quote]

That is something I miss; back in the day, pretty much all the local stations (well, in each big market) had their own horror host with bad puns and cheesy movies.

We didn't have an Elvira-type here, sadly. We had Count Scary and The Ghoul...and some one else, I think.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Cool. Wot for?[/quote]

one of frosty's fraternity brothers is getting married. we're thinking of hitting the saranac brewery and maybe even middle ages.

Oh my god...anyone else remember Up all Night with Rhonda Shear? God, I do:
LollyPop.jpg

EDIT: Hell yeah, Mak - I was going to bring up Count Floyd, too...

Yes Plume. Elvira, Sandra Berhardt, and Gilbert Gottfried hosted that show too. Ahh the good ol days where Toxic Avenger passed for entertainment.

[quote name='Maklershed']That game was ridiculous.

And mana .. I probably won't be around this Saturday for CoD night again. Unless I take my PS3 to my buddies house. :whistle2:k

In any case though, I'll be able to play up until Wednesday and probably again after Sunday.[/quote]

(a) when did you get CoD4 for PS3?
(b) pm me your fuggin address.

[quote name='corrosivefrost'](a) when did you get CoD4 for PS3?
(b) pm me your fuggin address.[/quote]

(a) I rented it from Gamefly a week or two ago. I'll probably end up buying the GOTY edtion sooner or later.

(b) k

Sir Graves Ghastly! That was it! I fucking loved him as a kid. (Not in the way I'd grow to love Cassandra Peterson - whom I'd still do today, just to say I did.)

I'm still waiting to hear when the interview is going to be for the job I want the most (they emailed me a week ago and said they'd contact me to set up an interview in "the next few weeks". I'm kinda on hold at the moment from applying to more jobs because I'm moving in 2 weeks and I've mainly been working and now packing/getting ready to move again

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']CAG-induced anorexia? :shock:

That's just not right.[/QUOTE]I'm not anorexic at all. I just ate less to save money (like not go get big meals at KFC all the time). I still think I'm a bit overweight personally, but that's another story. ;)

Hmm, I was doing some job searching on Monster.com and saw one other entry level position open up at a company. I use to know someone's parents who worked there (an old somewhat friend), so I may have to check with them. However, what makes me a tad unsure about its job opening is that it's a bit vague IMO, but it never hurts to try.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Chika']leftover chicken tikka masala and basmati rice[/quote]

Now you're making me wanna go get some chicken tikka masala for dinner tomorrow night...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back