I broke the OTT...but I did not break the site!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Rocko']http://www.amazon.com/Memorex-16X-D...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1228500873&sr=8-1

You guys always talk about how Verbatim is the only brand to buy... is that due to what you're using them for? Would I be okay buying these?[/quote]the dual layer verbatims never fuck up. lots of people have problems burning games with the memorex or just any other brand in general. for cds and dvds you should be straight with any old brand. I use sony dvd-rs. :]

[quote name='lilboo']:wave:

How much would your typical DVD cost via Media Mail? I ask this because I am sending 3 things out and I am getting the postage from work. :D[/quote]

With the plastic DVD case?

I just got one today and it was $1.68. So somewhere around there.

Also, yesterday I listed up my old Tivo, Tivo Wireless adapter and DirecTV box up on Amazon and the Tivo and Tivo Wireless adapter have already sold!

I am really glad the Tivo sold, because I got about $70-$80 more for it than the going price on Ebay.

Well it's just a postage machine. If I just print out like.. $3 postage that should be enough? It'll probably even go first class?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Degeneration...sweet![/quote]

Watching it right now, at least its better than the shit Anderson made.

I already got a JPN account just wondering if I could just download it when I get home from XBLM or if its currently locked to Gold members.

I wish I could find the blank DVDs I gave a friend a while back so I could see if I know how to use DVD Shrink without fucking it up. :lol:

Edit: Yeah, Linkin, Gold only to DL it on a JP account.

[quote name='lilboo']Well it's just a postage machine. If I just print out like.. $3 postage that should be enough? It'll probably even go first class?[/QUOTE]

Is this a postage machine at work? Don't they have a scale along with it? Weigh it and then you'll know the exact amount to buy.

[quote name='munch']Just DL and burn it to disc. Why go through all that trouble with a Japanese account?[/quote]

this

just do the disc method LP. I finished mine in about 30 min (including downloading time for the 5 files)

[quote name='lilboo']Well it's just a postage machine. If I just print out like.. $3 postage that should be enough? It'll probably even go first class?[/quote]

Isn't where you work a non-profit organization? Santa is watching...:nottalking:

[quote name='wubb']Is this a postage machine at work? Don't they have a scale along with it? Weigh it and then you'll know the exact amount to buy.[/QUOTE]

They do, but my shit is at home. I can manually enter how much I want the postage for, though.
It'll just be a $ amount, it won't have any service labeled. I'm assuming everything will be first class.

I think if I just print $3 labels, everything will be alright. :lol: Or is $3 too much? 2 of them aren't standard DVDs, but they aren't a whole box set.. kinda like those .. double packs so they are a little bit thicker then a normal DVD..

::confusing myself::

[quote name='lilboo']They do, but my shit is at home. I can manually enter how much I want the postage for, though.
It'll just be a $ amount, it won't have any service labeled. I'm assuming everything will be first class.

I think if I just print $3 labels, everything will be alright. :lol: Or is $3 too much? 2 of them aren't standard DVDs, but they aren't a whole box set.. kinda like those .. double packs so they are a little bit thicker then a normal DVD..

::confusing myself::[/QUOTE]

Uh, not sure.

A normal DVD is probably not going to be more than 6oz in a bubble mailer since there is no manual to beef it up. No idea on a double pack.

Media Mail is based by the pound so you know they aren't going to be more than 1 pound each. But Media Mail is damn slow. Not sure how you hand label a package for media mail (but there may be a way to do it) you can print out media mail labels via PayPal.

[quote name='munch']Damn bulge, that sounds way gross.[/quote]

It may sound like it, but it is delicious.

---

$3 should be more than enough to ship a DVD.

[quote name='lilboo']Who irish??

--

I could save them money (the machine lol) and print out like $2.25 labels :lol:
Feh.[/QUOTE]

Oh wait, your employer is gonna pay for the postage? :rofl:

I think my 360 died yesterday. About 15 minutes into playing Pure and it froze. Now it gives me an E71 or E79 error w/ one flashing red light. :cry:

Guess I'll call MS and hope they'll fix it for free. It's been 4 or 5 months since I got this refurb unit as a replacement when my original died. Just over 1 year since I bought the original.

How does the warranty work on a replacement unit?

[quote name='wubb']Oh wait, your employer is gonna pay for the postage? :rofl:[/QUOTE]

:cool:

Since it's public TV/Radio, they get a TON of mail per day and send a TON of mail per day too (begging for donations).. so charging $30 (or so) to an account that sends the most mail would never know the difference.

[quote name='lilboo']:cool:

Since it's public TV/Radio, they get a TON of mail per day and send a TON of mail per day too (begging for donations).. so charging $30 (or so) to an account that sends the most mail would never know the difference.[/quote]

OMG!!!! Don't do it! Thats embezzlement!

And if it's a Pittney Bowes machine, they can find it.

[quote name='lilboo']:cool:

Since it's public TV/Radio, they get a TON of mail per day and send a TON of mail per day too (begging for donations).. so charging $30 (or so) to an account that sends the most mail would never know the difference.[/quote]

Your gonna get coal in your stocking at Xmas

:nottalking:

[quote name='Number83']OMG!!!! Don't do it! Thats embezzlement!

And if it's a Pittney Bowes machine, they can find it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but how would they know which crooked employee was cheating them? They'd have to setup a nanny cam! Where a ski mask boo!

[quote name='wubb']Yeah, but how would they know which crooked employee was cheating them? They'd have to setup a nanny cam! Where a ski mask boo![/quote]

Wubb pulled an LP!

[quote name='Number83']His non-profit employer...:shame:[/QUOTE]

Where the CEO of this non-profit makes $750K a year. :roll:

[quote name='Number83']OMG!!!! Don't do it! Thats embezzlement!

And if it's a Pittney Bowes machine, they can find it.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: I don't even work for this company, our company is outsourced here :lol:

And no, it's not a Pittney Bowes. It's a Hassler and it's a hassle to use! :rimshot smiley:

[quote name='JolietJake']I would say boo is going to hell, but that's a given.;)[/QUOTE]

:hot:

Nah, I was axing boo if he knows where to get a ski mask. :booty:

Also give me the info on the 360 warranty thing LP.

Bummed that I most likely won't get it back until after Xmas with the timing.

[quote name='manthing']Your gonna get coal in your stocking at Xmas

:nottalking:[/QUOTE]

Nah, just a PS3 w/ another controller, Heavenly Sword, Little Big Planet, and Uncharted :bouncy:

[quote name='wubb']Yeah, but how would they know which crooked employee was cheating them? They'd have to setup a nanny cam! Where a ski mask boo![/QUOTE]

They spend sooooo much money it's sick. They use more than $5K a month on postage.
And :rofl: at "Where a ski mask"

[quote name='darthbudge']Wubb pulled an LP![/QUOTE]

:rofl: LinkinWubb

[quote name='wubb']Yeah, but how would they know which crooked employee was cheating them? They'd have to setup a nanny cam! Where a ski mask boo![/quote]

Depends on who has access to the mail machine. If it's a non-profit there are/should be logs (and probably a key) that keep track of how much $$ is left and who is on it at all times. Any descreptancies in what is on the machine, and what is on the log is an immediate red flag.

[quote name='Number83']Depends on who has access to the mail machine. If it's a non-profit there are/should be logs (and probably a key) that keep track of how much $$ is left and who is on it at all times. Any descreptancies in what is on the machine, and what is on the log is an immediate red flag.[/QUOTE]

There are a few departments here that do not have a postage budget.

[quote name='lilboo']There are a few departments here that do not have a postage budget.[/quote]

Just be careful...Auditors at Not-For-Profits love to look for this kind stuff.

[quote name='wubb']Nah, I was axing boo if he knows where to get a ski mask. :booty:

Also give me the info on the 360 warranty thing LP.
[/quote]

Riiiight...

I would but all the gaming sites are blocked from work. :whistle2:|

What did you need?

:rofl:

From the Boston Globe:

The regional director of Homeland Security, Customs, and Border Protection was charged today with repeatedly hiring illegal immigrants to clean her Salem home after one cleaner wore a wire during an undercover investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back