it's the OTT, mang!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The organization, for lack of a better term, was completely different.

Regardless, shit won't work. Guess I'll look for more shit later.

All the apps you'll need pretty much will be a part of Installer.

I'd be weary of installin' 3rd party sources. But, anything from Installer should be legit.

The ending to Act 4 in MGS4 is so over the top ridiculous.
A one armed Raiden stopping a giant submarine when he could've easily grabbed Snake and got out of the way. I didn't think anything could've topped Raiden break dancing with two giant robots tied to his feet.
#-o

[quote name='Liquid 2']Time to install my new nLited XP SP3 distro. I should be back in 15 or so minutes. :cool:

If I'm not, I fucked up my graphics drivers Zew-style (no on-board here either :x) and it'll be a while.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']So, what's this nLighted XP thing? I'm thinking of reformatting one or both of my computers soon.[/QUOTE]

See how few processes I have running and how small of a footprint XP has? That ain't natural.

nLite lets you take a Windows XP ISO (which you'll have to extract) and remove useless components/stuff you don't need and add in stuff you do need.

For example, I went from a 600 mb XP SP3 ISO and took it down to 320 mb, and added in nVidia card drivers (bringing it up to ~360 mb) because I don't have onboard graphics.
I also set up a static up in the install and automated the install process so I don't even need to touch it (except I fucked up because I forgot to integrate the serial, so I had to scramble to get one, which is why I took longer than I had expected).
I also removed stuff like IE and WMP.

Boots in 15 seconds from power button to logged in, and has a super tiny footprint. :cool:

Alright folks, it's time for you to make my time here worthwhile. I'm looking to buy a laptop really soon and I don't want to spend a lot of cash since the reason I need it involves me leaving my decently paying job. So, what you got?

Congrats on the news Chika. :D

I went driving today and almost ran into a car. It was partially my fault since I made a turn onto a busy street in a neighborhood (one many people like to take to get around a road). The car behind me was following close, so I wanted to get away from him. Well, a car came up faster than I thought, and I almost got rear ended, but thankfully I sped up fast enough. This is why I won't go to a busy street yet.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Congrats on the news Chika. :D

I went driving today and almost ran into a car. It was partially my fault since I made a turn onto a busy street in a neighborhood (one many people like to take to get around a road). The car behind me was following close, so I wanted to get away from him. Well, a car came up faster than I thought, and I almost got rear ended, but thankfully I sped up fast enough. This is why I won't go to a busy street yet.[/quote]

Shoulda looked over your shoulder to keep an eye on him.

Sorry, sorry...couldn't resist.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']An excellent start. Any thoughts on best places to get a deal on one?[/quote]

I can check to see if we have any deals going on, Spoonster...

Dang, you guys are full?
Anyone up for beating Gears? Probably on Hardcore.
Not now, but soon.
I like how I got it back with a weed stained cover and scratched as fuck. :cool:

[quote name='PlumeNoir']I can check to see if we have any deals going on, Spoonster...[/quote]

Hell man, You get me a good enough deal, I'll drive across the state and buy you a beer. :D

[quote name='Liquid 2']Yeah, Plume's also got the hook up for refurbs.[/quote]

And new...but the deals aren't as good as they used to be.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Hell man, You get me a good enough deal, I'll drive across the state and buy you a beer. :D[/quote]

PM'd.

It's the employee discount, actually.

Yeah, he used it to break weed on I guess :)bomb:), and I got it back with a bunch of tiny bundles of it everywhere and some stains that looked like soda. :/

I'm gonna make another nLite distro tomorrow. This time, I'll remember to integrate the key and I'll make sure to remove Windows Firewall. it somehow slipped past me.

Did you see how I got past not having on board graphics, Zew? Integrating the graphics driver worked like a charm.

[quote name='Liquid 2']I'm gonna make another nLite distro tomorrow. This time, I'll remember to integrate the key and I'll make sure to remove Windows Firewall. it somehow slipped past me.

Did you see how I got past not having on board graphics, Zew? Integrating the graphics driver worked like a charm.[/QUOTE]

Nope, I missed that. Very nice.

[quote name='zewone']Nope, I missed that. Very nice.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I wish I'd known about it when you were having that trouble. I just found out about it yesterday when I was tinkering with nLite.

I'll upload my new distro to a file host tomorrow if any one wants it.

I have no willpower.

I caved in and bought tequila off EBay. Why do they make it so damn easy to spend money... :cry:

Oh, and :beer: :cool:

Well, the mobo was shit anyways. I didn't have a problem with my ASUS. I should have nLited my XP install.I really don't want to go through the hastle of installing everything again, but I may.

I plan on moving my install to my new HDD coming, and if I can't make an exact copy, I'll do a nLite install.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']I tried more beer. Beer still sucks.[/quote]

That's all right. At least you appreciate good coffee, so one of two ain't bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back