Madden 12 Official CAG League - On official hiatus until Madden 13.

[quote name='sprice8688']i thought duece did win 1... either way id be happy if i never made playoffs and beat those 2 regardless... and its calvin johnson all the way![/QUOTE]

i'm gettin my e-ring this season!!!!!!!!!!

also..DO NOT VOTE FOR CAM NEWTON!!!! tell ur friends and family that Deuce said if Cam gets the cover and gets hurt, i'm hunting down everyone that voted for him... we (Carolina) have a legit chance to become a NFC power again and i'm not gonna be happy if a curse derails that ascension!!!

[quote name='Deuce20602']i'm gettin my e-ring this season!!!!!!!!!!

also..DO NOT VOTE FOR CAM NEWTON!!!! tell ur friends and family that Deuce said if Cam gets the cover and gets hurt, i'm hunting down everyone that voted for him... we (Carolina) have a legit chance to become a NFC power again and i'm not gonna be happy if a curse derails that ascension!!![/QUOTE]
only thing that makes me feel unsuccessful with mine is i want one when you cru and bigat are all in the league... i did play tough games to make it there and i did get to play doom a 2 time champ so it eases my pain a lil

[quote name='sprice8688']only thing that makes me feel unsuccessful with mine is i want one when you cru and bigat are all in the league... i did play tough games to make it there and i did get to play doom a 2 time champ so it eases my pain a lil[/QUOTE]

I expect to be back and I expect to see you there too. Hopefully that happens. ;)

NFC is a bit watered down with the departure of Cru and BigAT.

The AFC is the stronger conference now.

[quote name='Doomtime']I expect to be back and I expect to see you there too. Hopefully that happens.

The AFC is the stronger conference now.[/QUOTE]
i hope so to id love a rematch.... but i wont feel truely accomplished untill i make it there knowing mog duece big at and cru are at least in the nfc... yea you guys compete well up there its fun watchin the titans and texans battle u bv and ma usually run ur devisions...

[quote name='Deuce20602']i'm gettin my e-ring this season!!!!!!!!!!

also..DO NOT VOTE FOR CAM NEWTON!!!! tell ur friends and family that Deuce said if Cam gets the cover and gets hurt, i'm hunting down everyone that voted for him... we (Carolina) have a legit chance to become a NFC power again and i'm not gonna be happy if a curse derails that ascension!!![/QUOTE]

I voted for Cam :lol:

[quote name='Doomtime']I expect to be back and I expect to see you there too. Hopefully that happens. ;)

The AFC is the stronger conference now.[/QUOTE]

My record says otherwise....

I never had a problem against BigAT but never matched up well with Cru. I really need to work on adapting my defense to new play styles.

[quote name='staticz']My record says otherwise....

I never had a problem against BigAT but never matched up well with Cru. I really need to work on adapting my defense to new play styles.[/QUOTE]

never played big at... cru was alright on d had 3 running plays that always worked and then would throw the jump ball ro braylon edwards... beatable but could hurt u if ur not careful

[quote name='Deuce20602']u have been placed on the list...:evil:[/QUOTE]

I voted for Cam as well. Screw the Panthers for never even giving Armanti Edwards a look at QB. Nevermind that he beat and outplayed Joe Flacco, Chad Henne, etc. during his college career. He's 5'11"...he must suck! It's not like any short, black, left-handed, speed demon QBs have EVER had any success at the NFL level before. Yeah, put him at WR...where he's never played in his life. Makes sense.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I voted for Cam as well. Screw the Panthers for never even giving Armanti Edwards a look at QB. Nevermind that he beat and outplayed Joe Flacco, Chad Henne, etc. during his college career. He's 5'11"...he must suck! It's not like any short, black, left-handed, speed demon QBs have EVER had any success at the NFL level before. Yeah, put him at WR...where he's never played in his life. Makes sense.[/QUOTE]

Hahahahahaha, somebody is an eensy bit bitter ;)

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']If I stay for another season Brady is on the trade block, just wanted to let everyone know.[/QUOTE]

Are the geriatric subscriptions included?

[quote name='KasterDB']Hahahahahaha, somebody is an eensy bit bitter ;)[/QUOTE]

Why would you think that? It's not like I'm wishing some kind of supernatural voodoo curse on somebody that could potentially ruin their career. I mean, that would just be ridiculous. Come on...Vince Young was on the cover of Madden 08 after his rookie season, and look at his career now...:lol:

and n8, Edwards was converted to WR cuz he had trouble going thru progressions and making some off the throws to the sidelines accurately...also, when u draft Jimmy Clausen, and u got Matt Moore, who finished the previous season on a slight hot streak, that kinda puts Edwards at the bottom of the depth chart at QB

[quote name='Deuce20602']and n8, Edwards was converted to WR cuz he had trouble going thru progressions and making some off the throws to the sidelines accurately...also, when u draft Jimmy Clausen, and u got Matt Moore, who finished the previous season on a slight hot streak, that kinda puts Edwards at the bottom of the depth chart at QB[/QUOTE]

Putting this in spoilers as I'm sure most of the league doesn't care about my argument for Armanti Edwards, lol.
Come on, they didn't even give him a chance. They scouted him as a WR. I was at App State when Carolina came there, and he was running routes and returning punts. Obviously, he just wanted to play pro ball, and would do whatever it took. But one of the funniest interview questions I remember him getting after being drafted was "So, when was the last time you returned a punt in a game." His answer? "Never". lol...but he's expected to learn how to do it at the highest level of competition? That seems reasonable.

He completed 65% of his passes in college and had 74 TDs to just 33 INTs. Yeah, most of it was against FCS competition, but accuracy is accuracy. Some NFL QBs couldn't hit a brick wall 20 yards away. And even though he's small, his arm strength was more than adequate (see 2:53 of this video for a good example). And that doesn't even account for his running ability.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfLnwot6ZqE

The NFL is just way too cookie cutter sometimes. He wasn't tall enough, so it wasn't worth trying. The same shit happened with Doug Flutie back in the day. Meanwhile, guys like Matt Cassel and Matt Flynn get handed starting positions because they played well in 2 games. I'm not saying he'd be the next Michael Vick or anything, but there are certainly enough bad QBs in the league to at least give the guy a chance. Even if he doesn't grasp the system right away, how many rookies do? (Newton is obviously special) But his collegiate accomplishments didn't just appear out of thin air.

I agree that having Moore and drafting Clausen (they also drafted Tony Pike that year) would put Edwards at the bottom of the depth chart. But when you're John Fox and you figure out those guys are terrible, and you're about to get fired, how do you not get creative? And no, running "The Mountaineer" isn't creative.

I just wish some team with a bad QB situation (Miami, Seattle, Chicago, Buffalo) would give him a look. Having seen much of his college career in person, I can say he's a winner. How many QBs that switch to WR ever actually turn into something? It just feels like a waste of time doing what they're doing with him. Some guys who have played receiver their entire lives have trouble cutting it...and he's having to work just to get to their level. It's stupid. Let him play the position he grew up and succeeded playing...or let him go.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want to talk about QBs that havent got a chance in the NFL how about Jarrett Brown the guy playsfor one year goes nuts ands was one of the best QBs at the combine that year and he didnt even get drafted http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZdwc_gi0Co

And for arm strength and the way he can throw on the run just look at 1:20 of this video

Remaining Games:

Jags-Chargers
Cowboys-Vikings
Saints-Redskins

We'll definitely be advancing tonight, so please let me know if these games are scheduled.

[quote name='bvharris']Remaining Games:

Jags-Chargers
Cowboys-Vikings
Saints-Redskins

We'll definitely be advancing tonight, so please let me know if these games are scheduled.[/QUOTE]

Saints redskins will be played around 5 pm cst.

Playoffs are around the corner! Falcons are playing a lot better this year than my first year with the team. Number 2 seed her I come!

time for another one of Deuce's Random Bits of Info:

in my three Super Bowl runs, I was seeded no higher than #4.... meaning i have a mean W-L playoff record when playing away from home... NFC, u have been warned

[quote name='DVO21']contacted chargers owner hoping we can play our game thursday at 7 central just waiting for feed back from him its the only time that works for me or later that night no sooner though sorry guys[/QUOTE]

[quote name='damailman2272']Anyone know jags owner hasnt replied to my pms may need a sub[/QUOTE]

Not sure how you two are missing each other. If you're still having trouble getting in contact with him, PM staticz.

[quote name='Deuce20602']time for another one of Deuce's Random Bits of Info:

in my three Super Bowl runs, I was seeded no higher than #4.... meaning i have a mean W-L playoff record when playing away from home... NFC, u have been warned[/QUOTE]

You'll have to start scoring more than 7 points to get back there :boxing:

BTW anyone interested in obtaining Larry Fitzgerald in the offseason. Feel free to start pming me.

[quote name='LVPatriots']You'll have to start scoring more than 7 points to get back there :boxing:[/QUOTE]

lol i wish there was a like button like on facebook.... duece he said your offense is shit ;)

[quote name='damailman2272']That was hoe long ago i pmef him yestetday and earlier today no response[/QUOTE]

I'm inferring from him saying he couldn't play earlier that he's been busy. He said he can play at 7cst tonight, if that works for you.

I'm sure staticz can get in touch with him if you need, since he's his brother.

Since the buzz for Fitzgerald is already building, I'll say that I am mostly looking for Linebackers, LT, LG or a monster of a TE (Hint Hint, Rob Gronowski, Antonio Gates)

[quote name='LVPatriots']Since the buzz for Fitzgerald is already building, I'll say that I am mostly looking for Linebackers, LT, LG and a monster of a TE (Hint Hint, Antonio Gates)[/QUOTE]

Don't trade him to Detroit unless he offers you real money. #cockblockingsprice

[quote name='LVPatriots']Since the buzz for Fitzgerald is already building, I'll say that I am mostly looking for Linebackers, LT, LG or a monster of a TE (Hint Hint, Rob Gronowski, Antonio Gates)[/QUOTE]

The buzz you created you mean? ;)

Save it for the offseason.

[quote name='bvharris']The buzz you created you mean? ;)

Save it for the offseason.[/QUOTE]

I'm just encouraging PM's, and I think Sprice is helping the Buzzing.

[quote name='Doomtime']Don't trade him to Detroit unless he offers you real money. #cockblockingsprice[/QUOTE]

lmao also clicking the like button

[quote name='LVPatriots']I'm just encouraging PM's, and I think Sprice is helping the Buzzing.[/QUOTE]

glad i could be helpful... now trade me fitz!

[quote name='sprice8688']glad i could be helpful... now trade me fitz![/QUOTE]

I pm'ed you back, you know the deal. You saw what I was looking for above though. So if we can find someone for a three-way trade I'm down.

In PM's and not on the thread of course....

(So if someone wants to trade for a Lion, pm me)

[quote name='sprice8688']lol i wish there was a like button like on facebook.... duece he said your offense is shit ;)[/QUOTE]

numbers don't lie...but let's not get ahead of ourselves: up until that game, i was averaging about 30 points. my offense thrives off of the field position created by turnovers and if i don't get em, then kaepernick has to win the game...

i promise that won't happen again ;)

[quote name='Deuce20602']numbers don't lie...but let's not get ahead of ourselves: up until that game, i was averaging about 30 points. my offense thrives off of the field position created by turnovers and if i don't get em, then kaepernick has to win the game...

i promise that won't happen again ;)[/QUOTE]

Now go beat the hell out of the Titans!

[quote name='Deuce20602']numbers don't lie...but let's not get ahead of ourselves: up until that game, i was averaging about 30 points. my offense thrives off of the field position created by turnovers and if i don't get em, then kaepernick has to win the game...

i promise that won't happen again ;)[/QUOTE]

im sure ur right but i gotta take advantage and talk shit while i can..... im hopin i play u in the playoffs i wanna see how my new offense does against a steller d....

I texted DVO but didn't get a response. I'm assuming he's out in the field and won't be available until after 7 cst like his post said...

I've been trying to get a hold of Billy for Cowboys\Vikings - he didn't show up when we we're scheduled the other night, and he didn't respond to messages.

Hey guys I thought cheesy and I ha agreed to play at 5 cst today. I was a few minutes late like 10 and when I got on he wasn't there I'm leaving my house around 6:15 or so and won't be able to get my game in so I'll jump off them and if someone wants to sub if he shows up later go for it

bread's done
Back