Madden 12 Official CAG League - On official hiatus until Madden 13.

[quote name='bvharris']We'll definitely advance tonight, so go ahead and set it up. Hopefully we'll have a firm time for advancing soon.

If you're not able to get it in, we can have someone sub for you, just let them know which starters you want rested.[/QUOTE]

i cant find the last time the eagles postex i need that to pm him

how do u guys do pms? only way i know to do it is find there name in a thread post and it gives me the send a personal message... on the op i click there name and it says i can write on his wall lol

[quote name='sprice8688']how do u guys do pms? only way i know to do it is find there name in a thread post and it gives me the send a personal message... on the op i click there name and it says i can write on his wall lol[/QUOTE]

Click on Cheap Ass Gamer at the top of the page. A box should drop down and you can click on mail. That should take you to your PM screen

Looks like Asante Samuel was traded to the Falcons for a Gatorade and a bag of skittles....Falcons' secondary should be a lot better next season.

[quote name='BSETI50']DVO u around tonight after we advance?[/QUOTE]

depends on the time but should be

[quote name='BSETI50']I was hopin the pats would scoop asante shhhiitt[/QUOTE]

He's still owed a whole lot of money, I never suspected the Pats were likely to be in on him.

[quote name='bvharris']He's still owed a whole lot of money, I never suspected the Pats were likely to be in on him.[/QUOTE]
The Falcons re-did his deal, 3 years 18.5 mil

madden-nfl-13-20120425102834304.jpg

Operation Sports has a decent write up about the changes. More game play changes will be announced on June 4th sounds like some big changes to the passing game. Biggest one in my opinion is the AI controlling your drop back.

All that sounds amazing. Especially the pass trajectory (I can't remember the last Madden with real honest to goodness touch passing, but it was certainly not in this console gen).

I also love aborting play action, something which is sorely needed. PA is basically useless against any semblance of a blitz in this Madden.

Not-so-bold prediction: The shovel pass will be insanely broken at launch and a new favorite for cheesers.

[quote name='bvharris']All that sounds amazing. Especially the pass trajectory (I can't remember the last Madden with real honest to goodness touch passing, but it was certainly not in this console gen).

I also love aborting play action, something which is sorely needed. PA is basically useless against any semblance of a blitz in this Madden.

Not-so-bold prediction: The shovel pass will be insanely broken at launch and a new favorite for cheesers.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like they have changed drop backs to prevent cheesing. What I could gather was that if you don't let the AI do it, you're going to get sacked. Hopefully this curbs the cheesing. My gut tells me that these changes are going to allow for 5 and 600 yard passing games again.

[quote name='staticz']My gut tells me that these changes are going to allow for 5 and 600 yard passing games again.[/QUOTE]

That's how I'm reading it as well, especially the lighted icons which indicate whether a receiver is looking for the ball. This is going to artificially help a lot of people with their timing, which IMO is one of the hardest Madden skills to learn.

Although this made me smile:

Madden NFL 13 introduces a new defensive alignment system. This year it’s best on best. Let’s say for example, Larry Fitzgerald is in the slot, a corner will cover him, not a LB. If a FB splits out wide, a LB will cover him, not a corner. This will help out on the defensive side of the ball, tremendously.

About. fucking. Time.

Whatever they do people will still find ways to make plays with Vick's feet. Running with the QB in 11 and 12 is drastically different. Just gotta learn to make the new way work.

[quote name='Doomtime']Hopefully some online franchise changes as well. The addition of a salary cap would be nice.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

Please. I think we all know they have no interest in providing incentive for anyone to choose Online Franchise over Ultimate Team, which is a continuing revenue stream for them. While Online Franchise changes would be wonderful, I wouldn't hold your breath.

[quote name='staticz']Yep. Suck it LV :lol:

Edit: so you can't quote quotes. Interesting[/QUOTE]

Are you saying this cause they used Fitzgerald as an example? Or...?

Cause I think that feature will be more helpful against offenses like Ninja's rather than mine.

Unless you are talking about My Cardinals circa fantasy league. Then ya, it would help you.

[quote name='LVPatriots']Are you saying this cause they used Fitzgerald as an example? Or...?

Cause I think that feature will be more helpful against offenses like Ninja's rather than mine.

Unless you are talking about My Cardinals circa fantasy league. Then ya, it would help you.[/QUOTE]

Psssh you have a set where Fitz lines up in the slot and is nearly unstoppable.

[quote name='staticz']Psssh you have a set where Fitz lines up in the slot and is nearly unstoppable.[/QUOTE]

Bseti, Deuce and the rest of the MLB gang would disagree on unstoppable.

I knew that's what you meant though, but that play is in the Pats playbook, which I only really run against you :D

This Ninja:

"Madden NFL 13 introduces a new defensive alignment system. This year it’s best on best. Let’s say for example, Larry Fitzgerald is in the slot, a corner will cover him, not a LB. If a FB splits out wide, a LB will cover him, not a corner. This will help out on the defensive side of the ball, tremendously. "

So hopefully when Welker is running all over the place pre-snap, CB's will stay with him. I think it is saying that atleast.

Hey Ninja and Staticz, are you guys trying to stay in the NFC West next year to keep the competitive division alive? I might want another team (cough cough Eagles) but if you two stay and Cru comes back to the 49ers i'd definately want to keep the Cardinals. (Sorry for the Madden 13 talk BV)

Last edited by a moderator:
heyy i wasnt able to play my madden games last night cause it kept on freezing up in the loading screen....not sure why...but i tried it after work today and it worked. So I should be able to play our next game but I may decide to start saving up. Just couldn't remember the league name and pass. If someone could help me out, PM would be great. Thanks.

[quote name='staticz']Operation Sports has a decent write up about the changes. More game play changes will be announced on June 4th sounds like some big changes to the passing game. Biggest one in my opinion is the AI controlling your drop back.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='LVPatriots']Bseti, Deuce and the rest of the MLB gang would disagree on unstoppable.

I knew that's what you meant though, but that play is in the Pats playbook, which I only really run against you :D[/QUOTE]

They've got fast MLBs not guys with like 30 speed. Doesn't matter if I user them or not. I like playing with my SS better, but I suck at that too.

[quote name='staticz']They've got fast MLBs not guys with like 30 speed. Doesn't matter if I user them or not. I like playing with my SS better, but I suck at that too.[/QUOTE]

I'm absolutely terrible at usering, I only do it if I know someone keeps killing me on a certain route. Otherwise, I take whoever is rushing the quarterback and just use them.

[quote name='LVPatriots']This Ninja:

"Madden NFL 13 introduces a new defensive alignment system. This year it’s best on best. Let’s say for example, Larry Fitzgerald is in the slot, a corner will cover him, not a LB. If a FB splits out wide, a LB will cover him, not a corner. This will help out on the defensive side of the ball, tremendously. "

So hopefully when Welker is running all over the place pre-snap, CB's will stay with him. I think it is saying that atleast.

Hey Ninja and Staticz, are you guys trying to stay in the NFC West next year to keep the competitive division alive? I might want another team (cough cough Eagles) but if you two stay and Cru comes back to the 49ers i'd definately want to keep the Cardinals. (Sorry for the Madden 13 talk BV)[/QUOTE]
Dang I like gettin those mismatches sometimes. Lol but ya I don't plan on going anywhere for a while.

[quote name='GpNinja']Dang I like gettin those mismatches sometimes. Lol but ya I don't plan on going anywhere for a while.[/QUOTE]

Yea, it is really annoying when I pick a defense, then Welker takes off horizontally, gets picked up by a LB, and you hike the ball. Good offense on your part, but really annoying as a defensive coordinator.

I know there must be stuff to counter this, but I'm not that quick of a defensive audibler.

[quote name='LVPatriots']Yea, it is really annoying when I pick a defense, then Welker takes off horizontally, gets picked up by a LB, and you hike the ball. Good offense on your part, but really annoying as a defensive coordinator.

I know there must be stuff to counter this, but I'm not that quick of a defensive audibler.[/QUOTE]

You can pause and setup who stays on Welker. Not sure if it works while he is in motion though.

I'm willing to stay in the NFC West. Lynch should be much improved and hopefully Flynn is better than T Jax. Plus, I'll be the only team rocking new unis!

[quote name='staticz']You can pause and setup who stays on Welker. Not sure if it works while he is in motion though.

I'm willing to stay in the NFC West. Lynch should be much improved and hopefully Flynn is better than T Jax. Plus, I'll be the only team rocking new unis![/QUOTE]

Yea, I'm not the biggest fan of defensive assignments cause it completely messes up your schemes sometimes. But that could work. Welker ain't even the only recieving threat he has unfortunatley.

I think the Madden 13 Cardinals might be a little step down from where my team is at right now in this franchise (That should be true of almost every team right?). But atleast I'll have a nice MLB and Patrick Peterson back atleast.

A cool other thing we could do is try and nab another division collectively (perhaps in the AFC?) , but I'll leave that discussion til the madden 13 time comes.

of course they are going to make madden a better passing game this season they had cam newton and calvin johnson were the last 2 on cover and well calvin johnson won so the game is going to be better for WRs. just like this year has peyton hillis and well RBs had the advantage. thats just how madden works

We have advanced. Oakland won that game, so we've got Week 17 drama in both conferences! Arizona and Oakland looking to sneak in.

You'll notice in the thread title that I've set a hard deadline for Week 17. This is to give us a shot to get a good chunk of the first round playoff matchups in Saturday night.

no word from the eagles so far if i cant play a sub is cool is prefer stafford and sidney rice to be benched everyone else is pretty durable

AFC

1. y-Kansas City Chiefs (14-1)
2. y-New England Patriots (14-1)
3. y-Tennessee Titans (12-3)
4. y-Baltimore Ravens (10-5)
5. *x-San Diego Chargers (10-5)
6. * Houston Texans (9-6)

In The Hun

7. Oakland Raiders (8-7)

Wildcard Round

Houston/Oakland@Tennessee
San Diego@Baltimore

NFC

1. y-Detroit Lions (14-1)
2. y-Atlanta Falcons (13-2)
3. y-San Francisco 49ers (11-4)
4. New York Giants (6-9)
5. *x-Chicago Bears (10-5)
6. *Tampa Bay Buccaneers (9-6)

In the Hunt

7. Arizona Cardinals (8-7)

Wildcard Round

Tampa/Arizona@San Francisco
Chicago@New York/Dallas

[quote name='Doomtime']AFC

1. y-Kansas City Chiefs (14-1)
2. y-New England Patriots (14-1)
3. y-Tennessee Titans (12-3)
4. y-Baltimore Ravens (10-5)
5. *San Diego Chargers (10-5)
6. * Houston Texans (9-6)

In The Hun

7. Oakland Raiders (8-7)

Wildcard Round

Houston/Oakland@Tennessee
San Diego@Baltimore

NFC

1. y-Detroit Lions (14-1)
2. y-Atlanta Falcons (13-2)
3. y-San Francisco 49ers (11-4)
4. New York Giants (6-9)
5. *x-Chicago Bears (10-5)
6. *Tampa Bay Buccaneers (9-6)

In the Hunt

7. Arizona Cardinals (8-7)

Wildcard Round

Tampa/Arizona@San Francisco
Chicago@New York/Dallas[/QUOTE]

if arizona makes it there my underdog that could cause damage to top contenders in playoffs..also i think ill see mog in the playoffs so i plan on bringin my a game... he will not run to win like he did last time

bread's done
Back