Madden 12 Official CAG League - On official hiatus until Madden 13.

[quote name='bvharris']Pats trade up again! Down is up! Left is right! White is black![/QUOTE]

McDaniels infiltrated the Broncos draft room and made sure they gave up their okay draft position for essentially an early second rounder and a late fourth rounder.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

[quote name='LVPatriots']Yea, its all good since we hit the free agent market so hard. Love the picks.[/QUOTE]

Sadly, no matter how much the Pats improve the defense, it'll still be a step down in Madden from the unit I've assembled. :lol:

[quote name='sprice8688']i was hopin the lions picked up wr steven hill[/QUOTE]

Detroit needed OL help and DB help. Smart pick.

This sucks. I finally understand how Pats fans feel every draft day besides today. I was excited to get home from class and see who the Broncos would pick only to sit here and watch everyone else be excited. Lame.

[quote name='KasterDB']This sucks. I finally understand how Pats fans feel every draft day besides today. I was excited to get home from class and see who the Broncos would pick only to sit here and watch everyone else be excited. Lame.[/QUOTE]

Your QB last year was Tim Tebow. Your QB next year will be Peyton Manning.

In other words, I don't feel bad for you. ;)

BTW, you're wrong about Pats fans - most of us have always been 100% on board with the trade back strategy. It's the reason we have 2 1st rounders basically every season, Belichick just finally cashed 'em in.

wow upshaw wasnt drafted in the first round seriously shocked by that. but i guess that leaves some fun for the 2nd round wouldnt mind seeing the cowboys make another trade to try and land him or cordy glenn. and how in the hell did the 49ers not draft stephen hill and go for someone elsethat is no where near as good as him instead. seriously got to question that draft pick good thing the cowboys didnt mess up in this draft although wouldnt have minded seeing them grab mark barron instead

[quote name='KasterDB']This sucks. I finally understand how Pats fans feel every draft day besides today. I was excited to get home from class and see who the Broncos would pick only to sit here and watch everyone else be excited. Lame.[/QUOTE]

this is the second yr time the ravens traded back in 3 yrs the first time we got sergio who fell down some stairs lol so i feel ur pain

[quote name='Deuce20602']If Carolina doesn't get Janoris Jenkins or Harrison Smith in the second rd, i'm going to be very very upset...[/QUOTE]

lol u might get upset buddy

[quote name='bvharris']Your QB last year was Tim Tebow. Your QB next year will be Peyton Manning.

In other words, I don't feel bad for you. ;)

BTW, you're wrong about Pats fans - most of us have always been 100% on board with the trade back strategy. It's the reason we have 2 1st rounders basically every season, Belichick just finally cashed 'em in.[/QUOTE]

Yes well we can't all draft like Belicheck, haha. I don't feel bad for me either, it's just frustrating that they didn't have a first rounder and I was excited about who they'd pick. But I certainly won't lose any sleep over it.

As for the moving back strategy, the only Pats fan I've really paid attention to the last few years is Bill Simmons, and he hates doing it every year.

You have to admit, if they hadn't traded back each time the last few years Edelman wouldn't have had to be a defensive back.

Now let me grumble in peace. Unlike you I don't have 5 other people in the league who root for the same team as me :D

[quote name='Deuce20602']If Carolina doesn't get Janoris Jenkins or Harrison Smith in the second rd, i'm going to be very very upset...[/QUOTE]

smith is already gone bro

305565_10150861302794073_150042789072_11998025_258071641_n.jpg

574844_10150861305919073_150042789072_11998031_1662232106_n.jpg

582764_10150861327284073_150042789072_11998065_364668829_n.jpg

You have to admit, if they hadn't traded back each time the last few years Edelman wouldn't have had to be a defensive back. [/QUOTE]

Or we could have not cut Brandon Merriweather and James Sanders before last season started.

New England Patriots 24 - Atlanta Falcons 7

The Patriots secure the #1 Overall seed in the AFC with a strong performance by their defense and a "good enough" performance by the offensive backups.

Evan Smith was 8 of 16 for 182 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT.

Chris Redman was 13 of 31 for 214 yards, 1 TD and 4 INTs.

Green-Ellis carried 11 times for 83 yards, though most of that came on a late 50-yard TD.

Roy Helu carried 13 times for 46 yards.

Human Bowling Ball Samson Fields caught the Patriots lone TD, a 72 yarder which he caught in the seam and outran the defense (as he does). It was the Patriots' longest passing TD of the season, and also the only catch Fields had all year.

Jawaun Sales had the TD for the Falcons.

The Pats played their defensive starters for 3 quarters and got 4 sacks (Wake, Carswell, Cunningham, Wilfork) and 3 INTs (2 by Samuel including a pick six and 1 by Jimmy Wilson), McCourty also recovered a fumble. Once the scrubs took over in the 4th they got a sack and a pick of their own.

The Falcons got one sack and one pick.

---
gg Reds! And good luck in the playoffs!

The Pats finish their best regular season yet at 15-1, and most importantly (for me anyway) finish with the top overall defense along with the top scoring defense. Very proud of that accomplishment.

Time to rest and enjoy the bye and get ready for whoever my round 2 opponent will be (BSETI is the only guy I don't have the possibility of facing).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Doomtime']Wasn't my intention to score like this. I think Brees has thrown 10 picks though...[/QUOTE]

93 points? For serious? :roll:

[quote name='bvharris']93 points? For serious? :roll:[/QUOTE]

They were pretty much one play drives. 2 or 3 pick sixes and 12 turnovers on his part.

And come on, it was Drew Stanton. He blitzed the house every single play so I couldn't hand off in the first half without getting hit.

End of Season Report: New England Patriots (Season Four)

Season One Report
Season Two Report
Season Three Report

Record: 15-1 (14-2 last year), AFC East champs for the 4th season in a row, 2nd straight #1 seed.

Playoff History:
Season One: Beat Pittsburgh at home in divisional round, lost to Kansas City on the road in the AFC Championship Game.
Season Two: Lost to Pittsburgh (sub) at home in the wild card round.
Season Three: Beat Pittsburgh at home in divisional round, lost to Kansas City at home in the AFC Championship Game (deja vu).

(All rankings are pending the last week of games)

Offense:
28.9ppg (8th) - [Last year: 25.1ppg (10th)]
291.4ypg (17th) - [Last year: 266.3ypg (20th)]
134.1 passing ypg (26th) - [Last year: 140 passing ypg (27th)]
158.3 rushing ypg (5th) - [Last year: 126.3 rushing ypg (8th) ]

Passing:
Colt McCoy - 147/209, 70.3% (#1 in the league), 1995 yards, 25TD, 6 INT, 128.1 Rating (#1 in the league)

[Last year: Tom Brady - 128/181, 70.7% (#1 in the league), 2058 yards, 16TD, 7 INT, 121.7 Rating (#1 in the league)]

Colt McCoy had big shoes to fill replacing Tom Brady, and didn't miss a beat, in fact while his peripherals were very similar he found the endzone far more than Tom did last year, and was picked one lass time despite attempting more passes. He fell 1 passing attempt short of qualifying for the league leaders, but was far and away the most efficient passer in the league. An MVP-caliber season.

Rushing:
Cobie Ross - 232 carries, 1949 yards (8.4ypc), 19 TDs (13 games)
BenJarvus Green-Ellis - 70 carries, 519 yards (7.4ypc), 6 TDs

[Last Year: 260 carries, 1760 yards (6.8ypc), 24 TDs (14 games)]

Cobie Ross rebounded from his sophomore "slump" to post the best ypc average of his young career. Once again he played a shortened season as the Patriots rested him the final few games, which kept him from reaching the 2000 yard mark. Still, he was every bit the feature back that he was asked to be all season. Meanwhile, Law Firm played a much larger role this year and had his best season yet, filling in incredibly well when called upon. We'll see how much work he gets in the playoffs.

Receiving:
Rob Gronkowski - 48 catches, 690 yards (14.4ypc), 9 TDs
Nick Schexnayder - 36 catches, 496 yards (13.8ypc), 3 TDs
Demaryius Thomas - 23 catches, 311 yards (13.5ypc), 1 TD
Roddy White - 23 catches, 307 yards (3.3ypc), 5 TDs
Julius Thomas - 13 catches, 207 yards (15.9ypc), 6 TDs (8 games)

McCoy continued in the Patriots mold of spreading the ball around, as they've yet to have a single 1000 yard receiver in 4 seasons. Gronk remained the favorite target, especially once Julius Thomas went down, though he himself rested the final few games. Second year man Nick Schexnayder stepped up big as the slot receiver in the void left by Wes Welker. Meanwhile, Roddy White ended up serving as more of a decoy than anything this year, but is still lurking and hopeful of making some noise in the playoffs.

Defense:
10.3 ppg (1st) - [Last year: 13.4 ppg (4th)]
207.1ypg (1st) - [Last year: 228.5ypg (8th)]
134.1 passing ypg (1st) - [Last year: 139.2 passing ypg (4th)]
73.0 rushing ypg (3rd) - [Last year: 89.3 rushing ypg (14th)]

Any way you slice it, the Patriots owe their phenomenal season in large part to a defensive unit which was far and away the best in the NFL in 2014. They allowed the fewest points in league history (164, besting their own mark of 168 set in year one) and for the first time lead in total defense as well. An historically good unit.

The unquestioned star of the defense was #8 overall pick MLB Terrance Carswell, who lead the team (and all rookies) with 58 tackles, 13 sacks, 2 FF, 3 INT, and 2 safeties. He was a revelation all year, both stuffing the run and rushing the passer. Third year SS Jonny Kohlhausen had his best season yet, totaling 44 tackles, 3 INT and 4 FF. DE Michael Johnson put together a nice 10 sack campaign, while Asante Samuel lead the team with 8 INTs.

Once again, the Pats thrived by limiting their own turnovers and forcing opposing teams to score on their defense rather than off of turnovers. Patient, smart offense puts the defense in a much better position to succeed.

This was my most successful regular season yet, now it's time to see if I can finally slay the white whale and get over the Doomtime hump in the playoffs. This team has championship aspirations, no doubt, but I'd view it as progress just to make a Super Bowl finally. At the very least, it will be nice to finally face someone in the playoffs other than Pitt and KC. No matter what happens.. Fun team, fun season. :D

[quote name='Doomtime']They were pretty much one play drives. 2 or 3 pick sixes and 12 turnovers on his part.

And come on, it was Drew Stanton. He blitzed the house every single play so I couldn't hand off in the first half without getting hit.[/QUOTE]

lmao stanton for ur first rd pick. howd u like calvin abd mjd

Remaining Games and Playoff Scenarios:
+ = matters for playoff spots
* = matters for playoff seeding

Packers-Cowboys
Bills-Raiders
Bucs-Jets+
Dolphins-Panthers
Bengals-Vikings
Chargers-Broncos
Bears-Steelers

Only game with any playoff impact left is Bucs-Jets. Bucs win and they're in. Lose and it's the Cardinals.

If we could finish this tonight, that would be fantastic, but we'll definitely still be sticking to the 4PM deadline tomorrow.

We know who all the playoff matchups for the 1st round will be, so you guys should go ahead and start scheduling your games (preferably for Saturday night).

Texans at Titans
Chargers at Ravens
Bucs/Cardinals at 49ers
Bears at Giants

That's assuming Madden doesn't screw things up, but there aren't even tiebreakers in play here so I'd think it would be tough to do.

[quote name='bvharris']93 points? For serious? :roll:[/QUOTE]

I think this is cause for a discussion about a scoring cap. I say we institute a cap at 56. You can only go beyond 56 if the opposing team is within 3 scores (17 points).

There's my proposal.

Hard for the weekly awards and even yearly awards to be credible with 93-7 point games happening.

---I do not miss that Drew Brees

if people are losing and continue to throw the ball thats there fault im returning the pick if i can... i mean 93 is terrible and the 3rd quater passing is questionable but doom said he was blitzing everyone so i would of threw that bitch 2.. but as for offensive tds after 50 points i would drive and kneel but like i said if u pass it im returning the pick regardless the score

93 is ridiculous with 12 turnovers? That was my one pass in the 2nd half and once again he brought all 11 in an all out blitz.

Bringing the house every play or a stupid Punt block formation. Same 3 plays. 0 runs on his part.

3 or 4 pick sixes. And all those scores were 1 or 2 play drives. Should I have punted the ball back on first down? I was killing the clock, but it would literally be turnover on his side of the field. One or two plays, score. Rinse. repeat. Even when I tried to kneel at the end, he was calling timeouts.

He threw in the towel way too early and just started chucking prayers.

@Sprice- Everyone rested, including MJD.

[quote name='LVPatriots']Hard for the weekly awards and even yearly awards to be credible with 93-7 point games happening.

---I do not miss that Drew Brees[/QUOTE]

Not really, it didn't have an effect on any of the nominees. I'll factor out the average for team offense though. Sprice already had that won.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Hasn't his play style been called out before? He has been questionable in the JV league, too. Maybe time for the boot?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was telling BV, he didn't cheese, but thinking about it now, he definitely didn't play like an NFL coach would.

Chucking constant bombs (54 throws, at least half streak routes), punt block formation after he stopped crowding the box with 11, constant all out blitzes in the 1st half...

[quote name='Doomtime']Yeah I was telling BV, he didn't cheese, but thinking about it now, he definitely didn't play like an NFL coach would.

Chucking constant bombs (54 throws, at least half streak routes), punt block formation after he stopped crowding the box with 11, constant all out blitzes in the 1st half...[/QUOTE]

i actually wouldnt of minded u using calvin and mjd lol now u went and put up 93 with my back ups makin me look bad :( lol

I certainly agree that the loser owns some of the responsibility here but I still believe a scoring cap should be in place.

If we have someone who is obviously not a sportsman, then we should reconsider his membership in this league. The owner of the Eagles seems to need a refresher regarding how this league is run.

[quote name='sprice8688']i actually wouldnt of minded u using calvin and mjd lol now u went and put up 93 with my back ups makin me look bad :( lol[/QUOTE]

Ha, that was more because of the decisions he was making, not the players being used.

And yeah I'd agree to open up the Eagles. That type of box score will be common if he gets behind early.

When you are getting your ass completely handed to you, normal rational thinking goes out the window. Give the Eagles play calling a little slack. He was getting his sh*t pushed in.

I don't remember us ever booting someone without prior strikes since I've been here. Call off the Witch Hunt!

[quote name='LVPatriots']When you are getting your ass completely handed to you, normal rational thinking goes out the window. Give the Eagles play calling a little slack. He was getting his sh*t pushed in.

I don't remember us ever booting someone without prior strikes since I've been here. Call off the Witch Hunt![/QUOTE]

He got a strike last week playing me.

[quote name='LVPatriots']When you are getting your ass completely handed to you, normal rational thinking goes out the window. Give the Eagles play calling a little slack. He was getting his sh*t pushed in.

I don't remember us ever booting someone without prior strikes since I've been here. Call off the Witch Hunt![/QUOTE]

Not when it happens in 98% of the games that you've participated in across 2 leagues. As a new addition to the league (and CAG for that matter), shouldn't he be proving himself as a worthwhile member, and not a trouble maker who asks for free passing yards and compromises the integrity of the league's statistics?

I like you, LV, but damn dude...don't speak up to defend somebody if you're not read up on their history. The guy has been nothing but problems since he popped up. He's been warned to get his act together. How many chances should he get?

[quote name='staticz']93 points? Is there a concede defeat option in online franchise?[/QUOTE]

Nope...just putting the controller down and walking out of the room, lol.

bread's done
Back