Marvel Puzzle Quest Discussion Thread

Heh guess our numbers arent as good as he wanted anymore.  Oh well, he had a good run.  I think that other dude will leave next. moenx or whatever, maybe even geko.  theyve been pushing us to do more, we havent.

We could always let my steam account join again, mess with yo minds!

Holy moley that last two hours was a free-for-all. I was regularly bouncing back into the top 40 after I worked through the nodes, but not this time. Got high enough for a red Mohawk, but no further, and that was with the two nodes starting at 2k.

The scaling didn't stop me this time, just slowed me down and made me think in a few matches. That's okay with me - as long as the fights aren't impossible, I don't mind having to play the actual game instead of just looking for the green matches because Hulk can take it.

Man, I didnt realize how very little I was doing in Season 2.

There is no way I can get the 10-pack. Hell I will be lucky to score the 3* Iron Man!

On a positive note for me we are likely to have a 3* Thor PvP at the end, in which I can hopefully rack up a bunch of points with my maxed Thor. Now if only I had enough ISO to get my Black Panther to at least 100 or so...

Juggernaut in our Alliance, he is my buddy since we were little, has SOOOOOOO much ISO. He has been having terrible luck getting covers so he has been hoarding ISO and now has roughly 230,000 ISO.....  :whee:

If I had that much I could max out my Hulk AND my Black Panther right now.

I know many of you are in a similar situation where you are basically just hoarding ISO for the time being. Where are you guys all at in your savings?

I have been saving HP and am at like 2100 right now and will likely buy another blue BP if I get him to his current soft cap of 128 and still don't have his last cover.

Oh and the Simulator... I finished in like the top 1,000! WoohooooOOoOOOooO! : P

I had saved up over 100K and finally decided to spend it all on Punisher to get him to level 128 thinking it would give me a decent team for PvP and make it less of a grind.

That didn't really work out...

I had saved up over 100K and finally decided to spend it all on Punisher to get him to level 128 thinking it would give me a decent team for PvP and make it less of a grind.

I know DS swears by him.. but I still hate the Punisher hahah. I never like him much in the comics and I really am just not feeling him on my team at all. Perhaps it is just the synergy with my other high leveled heroes but either way I am not a fan. I have him maxed powers though only at like level 80. Perhaps leveled up more I would like him but for now he will sit on my 2nd string as I beef up my Black Panther and Hulk to max.

Juggernaut in our Alliance, he is my buddy since we were little, has SOOOOOOO much ISO. He has been having terrible luck getting covers so he has been hoarding ISO and now has roughly 230,000 ISO..... :whee:

If I had that much I could max out my Hulk AND my Black Panther right now.

I know many of you are in a similar situation where you are basically just hoarding ISO for the time being. Where are you guys all at in your savings?
I was at about 150,000 before I started catching a few covers that I could actually use (3 Punisher, 2 Hulk) as well as leveling up some of my lower level 3* that were featured (Daken, BP). I burned through about 100,000 of it and have Pun at 128 and Hulk at 115. I envision my iso going back up a lot more before I can actual level anyone else up for a while.

I know DS swears by him.. but I still hate the Punisher hahah. I never like him much in the comics and I really am just not feeling him on my team at all.
I hate him in the comics, honestly I think he's a stupid character. In the game however he's pretty good. Great Synergy with OBW, as you see in Pvp, a lot... Its mainly due to the useable black skill, and he has more attack abilities than say Black panther.

as for my Iso, I can, if I want, raise an X-force to a level of 100+ so I always have something to spend Iso on, so I haz no iso....

I have been saving HP and am at like 2100 right now and will likely buy another blue BP if I get him to his current soft cap of 128 and still don't have his last cover.
I'm in your situation - low ISO, high HP, and too many characters to level. The problem is that other than Hulk and Punisher, I have too many characters that have enough covers to make it to level 60-90, and not enough of the characters to compete in the 212/141/141 realm.

Although, while working through a few roster wipes this morning, turns out Falcon is a pretty good anti-Patch even when you're trying to lose. There is something about his power set I really like, but I know it'll end up being a wasted investment.

Punisher works best when paired with a compatible team. He is powerful, but rarely can he wipe out a team on his own, unlike, say, Hulk. I like using him, and he's flexible, but he works best as a long-game character. If you can pop off a Judgement or two, then start throwing Molotovs, you can really start doing constant damage if you protect those tiles. And his red is great against high health opponents, especially in PvE.

I use him often in featured PvP, but not so often in a pick-any-three PvP.

He's just okay with my current specs. As I said before, his sloppy green is kind of a pisser. If I ever get 2 more red covers I will max him and go with a 5/3/5. He's not great for defense it seems, I actually target him and IM40 as I find them easier to beat than other 3 stars.

The bigger problem is the teams I'm matched against. Once you get one 3* above 100, you're often facing teams with level 141s or better.

Although, while working through a few roster wipes this morning, turns out Falcon is a pretty good anti-Patch even when you're trying to lose. There is something about his power set I really like, but I know it'll end up being a wasted investment.

Punisher works best when paired with a compatible team. He is powerful, but rarely can he wipe out a team on his own, unlike, say, Hulk. I like using him, and he's flexible, but he works best as a long-game character.
From what I have seen Falcon is a GREAT support character for various teams. I have lost a few matches solely because of a his support.

And yeah Punisher isn't TERRIBLE. He is just a solid all around character.. which I dont like. I enjoy running with everyone having a specific task. Thor, damage entire team. Hulk, tank and unleash greens. OBW, support through healing and stealing. Black Panther, support with strike and defense tiles and finish off with his Black.

Punisher .... random destruction, mediocre strike tiles, powerful red finisher and average health.

Again not bad I just much prefer others over him.

And yeah DS, in terms of comic book characters, Punisher is one of the most lame ones out there in my mind.

Well, I'd like to do well in this Patch tournament. Enough to get another three star Thor. (Why is he lazy Thor?)

Even when it's just my 85 guys vs their 85 guys I use boosts and then require a health pack every so often.

It's not quite the finish em off no problem the PVE events are.

Well, I'd like to do well in this Patch tournament. Enough to get another three star Thor. (Why is he lazy Thor?)

Even when it's just my 85 guys vs their 85 guys I use boosts and then require a health pack every so often.

It's not quite the finish em off no problem the PVE events are.
"Lazy" is used, as far as I know, to describe the 3 Star iterations of previously released characters. This implies that the developers were 'lazy' and just rehashed an already used character.

"Lazy" is used, as far as I know, to describe the 3 Star iterations of previously released characters. This implies that the developers were 'lazy' and just rehashed an already used character.
Let's see what you've won...

200.gif

I'm guessing because it looks like they just boosted 2* Thor's powers and gave him a new hat. =P
Now I want my lazy iron man & he better be the goofy looking one with the nose!

80-1.jpg

Everyone wants the nose armor!

tumblr_mzlsmekBGM1rsus6so1_500.jpg

tumblr_mzlsmekBGM1rsus6so2_500.jpg

Heh I didnt even realize my Xbox Avatar is wearing an iron man suit too... I dont even really like iron man.

Last edited by a moderator:
So they added a new Tournament, featuring your  "Lazy Thor". Top rewards are...Hood? A character I don't care about.

And another PVE event. Top rewards are....Iron Man 40. Another character I don't care about.

I'm really losing any motivation to play over the next few days. Sorry.

Lol nothing to be sorry about. We have at least 1 person a day that doesnt even play the game anymore. I just played a round while on the can just for the daily rewards.

Im starting to have more fun on Family Guy quest for stuff watching a repeated animation for an hour than bother much with MPQ. Quest: Make peter fart for 8 hours, ok, turn off game, come back 8 hours, win. lol well everyone knows the deal from simpsons tapped out.

Also Ive been playing Scurvy Scallywags a little more than I should shhh dont tell anyone.

So they added a new Tournament, featuring your "Lazy Thor". Top rewards are...Hood? A character I don't care about.

And another PVE event. Top rewards are....Iron Man 40. Another character I don't care about.

Hood is on my top list of characters I want, as with Koju and even DS.

While you may not be intrigued too much by the rewards yourself we would still greatly appreciate at least a small push to help us to perhaps get the Alliance reward for the Lazy Thor Tourney.

On that note then, I am super stoked about this tournament and am glad it is using Thor! Now if only I had a bit more ISO to have Black Panther leveled up enough already then my team would be AMAZING. Looks like I will still have to use OBW in this one. Ugh.

But yeah the possibility of getting some Hood covers is awesome. I have enough saved up almost to buy 2 covers outright and so if we could somehow miraculously get all three covers from the Tourney and then buy 2 then my Hood would be just 3 points away from being maxed! He would be 2,4,4! (Yes I acknowledge that getting all three covers is EXTREMELY unlikely but hey)

I mirror your thoughts on the PvE Iron Man stuff though. I hate that character. I have sold countless covers of his and by countless I mean the easily countable on one hand, three, and the only reason I have him now is because I had the slot haha. I will be playing the PvE for the large amount of ISO it usually provides though!

It's another re-run event, too. Super. Where the fuck are the sales on HP? My wife plays Hay Day like a boss, and she gets diamonds on sale at least once a week. I know the regular cost, and I get the receipt when she buys them... so I know it's a sale. And even when MPQ does have a sale, it's nowhere near the discount other games offer.

So they added a new Tournament, featuring your "Lazy Thor". Top rewards are...Hood? A character I don't care about.
I want the Hood rewards. I just wish the blue and yellow were reversed, because I think it'll be a struggle to make top 50, nevermind top 10. This is the last Season 2 event, and the top alliances are going to be grinding for the season rewards, and there are going to be a ton of overpowered 212 Thors to contend with. Gah. Maybe I should wait a few hours and join earlier than I normally would to try and push my MMR down before making a run for top 50.

At least the top progression award in the PvE is a black Mohawk Storm - for 125k points. I suspect this is a tease award level, but it'll still encourage grinding. Without that award level, I think you'd see a lot more players going easy on the PvE - none of the upper tier players need IM40 covers for placement.

Or, you know, go a little more casual with the game for a while.

I want the Hood rewards. I just wish the blue and yellow were reversed, because I think it'll be a struggle to make top 50, nevermind top 10. This is the last Season 2 event, and the top alliances are going to be grinding for the season rewards, and there are going to be a ton of overpowered 212 Thors to contend with. Gah. Maybe I should wait a few hours and join earlier than I normally would to try and push my MMR down before making a run for top 50.

At least the top progression award in the PvE is a black Mohawk Storm - for 125k points. I suspect this is a tease award level, but it'll still encourage grinding. Without that award level, I think you'd see a lot more players going easy on the PvE - none of the upper tier players need IM40 covers for placement.

Or, you know, go a little more casual with the game for a while.
Yeah I am torn as to when to start. I want to start right away but at the same time will likely wait until the last 12 hours or so as usual and try and wiggle my way up to the top. And I actually disagree about the blue and yellow rewards being swapped. My ideal Hood would be 3/5/5 or 4/5/4. His yellow is strong but his passive blue is arguably his best move!

Yeah I am torn as to when to start. I want to start right away but at the same time will likely wait until the last 12 hours or so as usual and try and wiggle my way up to the top. And I actually disagree about the blue and yellow rewards being swapped. My ideal Hood would be 3/5/5 or 4/5/4. His yellow is strong but his passive blue is arguably his best move!
My ideal Hood is 5/5/3. His black just doesn't deal a lot of damage, and I don't have anyone I rely on a large number of countdown tiles for. Having Yellow at 5 means you can pop it off without ending the turn. It's pretty much useless until it's a 5, while his blue scales in usefulness as it levels.

But yeah, blue at 5 when fully covered is a no-brainer. Just in my specific situation, having a 5/2/1 is a slightly better use case than a 4/3/1 in general utility. Not going to complain about just getting a blue if I somehow pull it off, as that's the red/green tier.

In regards to sales, they have already said they want them to be few and far between, so as to not train the players to wait for sales. What I don't get is why one platform gets a sale when the other two don't.

My ideal Hood is 5/5/3. His black just doesn't deal a lot of damage, and I don't have anyone I rely on a large number of countdown tiles for. Having Yellow at 5 means you can pop it off without ending the turn. It's pretty much useless until it's a 5, while his blue scales in usefulness as it levels.

But yeah, blue at 5 when fully covered is a no-brainer. Just in my specific situation, having a 5/2/1 is a slightly better use case than a 4/3/1 in general utility. Not going to complain about just getting a blue if I somehow pull it off, as that's the red/green tier.

In regards to sales, they have already said they want them to be few and far between, so as to not train the players to wait for sales. What I don't get is why one platform gets a sale when the other two don't.
That is a valid point about the yellow being useless unless at 5. I just have multiple other characters that utilize Yelllow however and so that was my thought. I see however the usefulness of that. That would make his Yellow a great support move to clear unwanted strike and defense tiles and such. Checking out the scaling damage of his black, at max level there is only a 300 damage difference between 3 and 5. Paired with 3* Captain America however his black would be amazing though really even at 3 it still affects three friendly countdown tiles which is likely to be how many you have on board at once anyway.

Hm... I think you may have swayed me to 5/5/3 my friend. You know.. in a year once I get all of these damn super rare Hood covers haha

And I actually disagree about the blue and yellow rewards being swapped. My ideal Hood would be 3/5/5 or 4/5/4. His yellow is strong but his passive blue is arguably his best move!
Blue passive without a doubt, just for the no cost stealing. I didnt realize at 5 his yellow didnt end the turn. I avoid that skill for that reason. As much as I hate self damage skills, I loathe skills that end turns.

Black may not do much damage but it does have uses. Say you have him on a team with Punisher or Black Panther? Intimidation will instantly make attack or defense tiles pop on the next shot.

Where is the sale on? Steam right? I know they rotate, so that is weird that its only on one platform at a time. I usually dont look at the steam one just because I dont play it as much. I think when I have there's always been a sale. Id have to argue for this type of game steam is the weakest of the 3 platforms. So I could see there being more sales on there then any of them. Of course they'd have to do something more with steam in order to have better market share. In order to do this they should have fixed cross platform play on steam a LONG time ago. Once again another thing that doesnt make sense. Most people have more money in their steam wallets than google play or itunes. Why limit your players to staying on one device or one platform? I dont know if you can take your account from android to apple, I know I cant play my account on steam. Im just saying you want more revenue? Let people have access on steam. Hell Id play a lot more if I could be on the computer than my phone. Even if I really dont like the steam interface that much.

Blue passive without a doubt, just for the no cost stealing. I didnt realize at 5 his yellow didnt end the turn. I avoid that skill for that reason. As much as I hate self damage skills, I loathe skills that end turns.

Black may not do much damage but it does have uses. Say you have him on a team with Punisher or Black Panther? Intimidation will instantly make attack or defense tiles pop on the next shot.

Where is the sale on? Steam right? I know they rotate, so that is weird that its only on one platform at a time. I usually dont look at the steam one just because I dont play it as much. I think when I have there's always been a sale. Id have to argue for this type of game steam is the weakest of the 3 platforms. So I could see there being more sales on there then any of them. Of course they'd have to do something more with steam in order to have better market share. In order to do this they should have fixed cross platform play on steam a LONG time ago. Once again another thing that doesnt make sense. Most people have more money in their steam wallets than google play or itunes. Why limit your players to staying on one device or one platform? I dont know if you can take your account from android to apple, I know I cant play my account on steam. Im just saying you want more revenue? Let people have access on steam. Hell Id play a lot more if I could be on the computer than my phone. Even if I really dont like the steam interface that much.
In terms of Hood's Black move however, like I said at 3 Black he affects 3 countdown tiles. Do you really think you will have more than 3 on board at once all that often to warrant it at 5 instead of yellow?

There are many games that are separate with Steam and mobile versions so I imagine either this method brings in more revenue somehow, or technically it is more difficult than it is worth.

I know I would play it a bunch more if it were cross platform though with each account. I could easily have a small window up with it here at work on my off screen and play PvE events and such

In terms of Hood's Black move however, like I said at 3 Black he affects 3 countdown tiles. Do you really think you will have more than 3 on board at once all that often to warrant it at 5 instead of yellow?
If I can get him speced he'd be 5/5/3. 5 in yellow, so as not to end the turn, and 5 in blue for maximum stealage. So I guess with that perfect build you'd never get more than 3 in black.

I end up with too many countdowns on the board with Punisher though. I thrown down his black like there's no tomorrow sometimes. So I will end up with multiple attack tile generators, plus Punishers green always knocks out at least 1. Then couple him with Black Panther, since Panther has a cap on Defense tiles, you will only have at most 2. Also if Im using Psylocke, her blue can be useful if an enemy has a good stockpile of red/green/black, I can get up to 19 back in 1 turn. So with my teams, yeah countdown tiles sometimes do litter the board. Also lets throw in OBW and Hulk for reference. Hulk gets angry, OBW counters with Anti grav and pumps up the times, At least with Hoods black you can bring those back into play. Sure its a worst case scenario, but it can happen. Hell I use OBW to throw off an opponents hulk all the time.

I know a lot of people HATE countdown tiles, but those are the people who dont know how to protect them. LIke Captain America/Steve Rogers, there are people who use his countdown tile strictly to make 4-5 matches. Not realizing if you protect that tile the return of AP you get helps a hell of a lot more. Thats why some of the best powers have countdown tiles, if you could just spout them off, think of how easily you could kill off an enemy team? If he was more powerful think about a MN mags, 5 in blue, no countdown. Clear a board in 1 shot whenever you had enough AP. God that would be the pissy-est move to fight against ever,

On a side not, I just got done reading the Avengers Arena series
It has nothing to do with Dark Reign but if you enjoyed Battle Royale, its the exact same thing but with Teen heroes from the Marvel universe.

OCT120577_1.jpg

Its a little bit more darker than most marvel books and really parallels the grim nature of Battle Royale.

Because of its nature though, some people may want to avoid this series. If you've seen Battle Royale you know why.

Many of the Teen heroes actually do die, in some very gruesome ways. And not by any super villians hands but by each other. 

I know a lot of people HATE countdown tiles, but those are the people who dont know how to protect them. LIke Captain America/Steve Rogers, there are people who use his countdown tile strictly to make 4-5 matches. Not realizing if you protect that tile the return of AP you get helps a hell of a lot more. Thats why some of the best powers have countdown tiles, if you could just spout them off, think of how easily you could kill off an enemy team? If he was more powerful think about a MN mags, 5 in blue, no countdown. Clear a board in 1 shot whenever you had enough AP. God that would be the pissy-est move to fight against ever,
I have no issues with countdown tiles, especially when talking about Steve or even Ares. Steve's red is crazy powerful, especially since you can place his tiles wherever you want to protect them, and at highest level you only need one more red AP to cast it again.

The issue with Hood is how many are on the board at a time. I don't have anyone except Punisher I play with regularly that would cause me to have more than maybe two at the same time. If you had a team spamming them (or playing someone like Sentry), there's definitely a case for black, especially if you already have a useful yellow in the mix.

Can anyone give me ANY advice on how to play competitively anymore?

I made it to 200 points on the Patch tournament, hoping to get into the top 50 for my first red thor cover.  I dont even see that happening. 

Any team I face has a 100+ level patch, mines only at 62.  Naturally any similar opponent I face is better than the guys on my roster.  I dont mean level wise, I have my hulk at 120, I face an opponent with a level 100 hulk.  Guess who wins? The level 100 Hulk even though Ive killed off the rest of the team & he's down to half his health.  Its also getting to be a pain when my patchs healing factor is so low it does jack while the opponent gets healed every turn.

Also I see why Magneto needs a nerf, his purple killed my Psylocke in 1 shot.  Good to know he does roughly 3K+ of damage in 1 blow, thats fair.

Im just lucky that my losses are only making me lose a couple points here and there. Still I wish this would lower my MMR, but I know once you get a level 100 character they automatically think you can fight lvl 141 3*s.  I just want to be able to fight against similar opponents and be competitive again.  I dont mind losing, but I dont think winning 1/5 matches is really fair.  I didnt all of a sudden become a crappy player overnight did I?

The issue with Hood is how many are on the board at a time. If you had a team spamming them (or playing someone like Sentry), there's definitely a case for black, especially if you already have a useful yellow in the mix.
You my friend have placed worst case scenario. I can see someone with a fully powered up sentry and Hood with that combo. Since thats a team hit, we're possibly looking at a 1 turn win once they get the AP. Also place some strike tiles into the mix just to ramp up the power.

I'll just wait until someone figures out this strategy. Hmm Hood/Sentry/Daken team? I wonder if even the heavy hitters would avoid that?

I made it to 200 points on the Patch tournament, hoping to get into the top 50 for my first red thor cover. I dont even see that happening.

Any team I face has a 100+ level patch, mines only at 62. Naturally any similar opponent I face is better than the guys on my roster. I dont mean level wise, I have my hulk at 120, I face an opponent with a level 100 hulk. Guess who wins? The level 100 Hulk even though Ive killed off the rest of the team & he's down to half his health. Its also getting to be a pain when my patchs healing factor is so low it does jack while the opponent gets healed every turn.

Also I see why Magneto needs a nerf, his purple killed my Psylocke in 1 shot. Good to know he does roughly 3K+ of damage in 1 blow, thats fair.

Im just lucky that my losses are only making me lose a couple points here and there. Still I wish this would lower my MMR, but I know once you get a level 100 character they automatically think you can fight lvl 141 3*s. I just want to be able to fight against similar opponents and be competitive again. I dont mind losing, but I dont think winning 1/5 matches is really fair. I didnt all of a sudden become a crappy player overnight did I?
How much time do you want to put in and how much is it worth to you (HP wise)? The only way I see it happening, at least with my roster, is to start early, put in obscene amounts of time, and shield whenever you can't play for a few hours or more.

I've given up on top 50 or better placement in PvP. At best, I'll put in a few hours at the end for the low hanging fruit.

And yeah, high level CMags is no joke. That's why I said he and Spidey on a team are an auto-skip for me.

EDIT: I usually don't fuck with 100+ level Hulks either, unless the rest of the team is weak sauce.

I've accepted that it's a long game now, unless you want to spend some serious time in prologue healing. My Hulk+GSBW partnership wins every match, even with my 3 cover Patch, but I have to heal after every match. I do skip 212 Patches, though.

The key to beating Hulk (or Patch with high healing) is doing damage all at once. If it's all in one turn, great. Otherwise, every source of damage counts for Anger. So one power that does 1k damage is less risky than two powers that do 1.5k. This is most noticeable when you have powerful attack tiles (each one is a separate check against Anger), or if you have strike tiles on the board with OBW when matching her colors.

I have found also that spending some time losing about twenty matches (team wipes with my low covers) before earning any points in a tournament makes my nodes a little more manageable. I can skip my way to people similar to my roster without spending much, if any, ISO. Still get the occasional 212/141/141, but it's not one after another.

I'll just wait until someone figures out this strategy. Hmm Hood/Sentry/Daken team? I wonder if even the heavy hitters would avoid that?
I avoid a leveled Daken just on general principle. He's worse than Patch for me because of all the green I need. Need a stun or a team who could care less about green to mitigate him.

But yeah, I'd avoid that team like the plague.

I can't wait until CMags is nerfed. A human controlled one is a beast, and the AI doesn't totally suck using it, either.

The last straw for me was the last Sentry tourney. I made it up to 34 and put up my first shield - expiring 45 min prior to the end. I dropped into the 50s while shielded. During the last 45 minutes, I was attacked far more than I could win and couldn't get any traction. I finished 53. I finished 51 in the tourney I played prior to that one. I'm over it. :nottalking:

I've given up on top 50 or better placement in PvP. At best, I'll put in a few hours at the end for the low hanging fruit.
Im coming to that point, its sad that if I hit a low level tier Id prefer x number of standard tokens as opposed to whatever the 2* cover is. Sure the small amount of HP is nice but I can get that from daily rewards or progression anywhere. At least with the standard tokens I have a small chance of a 3* cover.

Im not saying I have the best roster, nor am I the best player but the difficulty has amazingly increased in the past couple weeks.

Challenge is good and if it makes me actually have to think and strategize I dont mind.

Take hulk, I deal with him last. Which is why I do love punisher when up against a hulk. As you said Koju, 1 all out attack & its over. I do get an odd joy of pummeling hulk with attacks and watching his anger go off repeatedly. Then when he's got a board full of them shoot off punishers red, boom dead hulk. And down went his false hope of getting me back with a board full of black countdown tiles.

Classic mags is a character though that the AI seems to know how to play. Or its a character that once again can pull off moves without the need to build up AP. His red, I understand. I have that at 5, I know it only takes 2 red AP. But the computer can pull off C Mags blue & purple skills out the yin yang. Once again I know this, because I usually have an OBW on my team & she's stealing those colors. Blue isnt as dominant on the board, if it was Id be throwing out OBW healing left & right. So how can C mags always be throwing out those blue defense tiles? And no the computer usually doesnt make matches with them.

As far as prologue healing, I used to do that. Really not worth the time or effort to me. Plus from what I hear that just adds another battle you've won, so it hurts your MMR. Its always a trade off with that game. Plus isnt prologue healing also time consuming? Play against HAMMER or Goon squads they put out Countdown tiles which screws up healing. Play agains enemy characters they could do some damage. Worst part is to do some prologue healing only to get defeated again, now that truly sucks.

I do prologue healing and I've never lost. Never thought about it counting against my MMR though. It actually adds a bit of fun back into the game by trying NOT to kill the enemy before making 3 blue matches. I've actually won matches with just the opening move, so it can be a challenge. And I've lost count of the times my final blue match defeated the enemy before I could use it. So yeah, you can waste some time with prologue healing, particularly if the boards are unkind. Time management is just something else you have to factor in.

They're going to do something that affects prologue healing soon.

I do prologue healing and I've never lost.
Lol I hope you never lost doing prologue healing. I guess I should clarify. What sucks is doing prologue healing. Managing everything out so you dont actually kill the weak enemy team, then doing this repeatedly until your team is healed. When everyone is all healed up, jumping back into a tournament, THEN getting killed. Just a kick in the nuts to waste all that time to heal just to be taken down by what you thought would be an "easy" team in the tournament.

On a positive note, Hey no new character to worry about! So there's that & maybe I could use another blue iron man cover. I only have 2.

I have a 3* Storm cover, but haven't recruited her yet. And I just unlocked Peru and Nigeria in the ISO-8 event and see the Essentials are only worth a few hundred points. Storm is only required for 2 of the 4 Essentials (Psylocke for the other 2). I'm wondering if I even need Storm for this event. Do you guys think the points will go up as the days go on or has the latest update made these events even more of a grind?

I think it's a good idea to keep her around. Not everyone in your bracket will have one at this point, and it usually makes a difference in placement with those situations, or even the next one. It's rare they make someone like Yelena required, but a new 3* is going to pop up here and there.

Yeah recruit her. Dont question that.

Also I opened up my three tokens they gave us for free and guess what?!?!?

Yellow Thor and Red Punisher.... seriously?!? Wtf. The game has to calculate what I already have and raise the drop rate for them, there is no doubt now seeing as this shit has happened so many times now. I feel terrible having to sell them : /

I did finally break my streak of recruit tokens after about 200 of them now and....... a Blue freaking Daredevil....ugh. This game. haha 

bread's done
Back