Movie Gallery / Hollywood Video / Game Zone 3.99 PS2,GC,XBOX Preplayed Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordVila

CAGiversary!
Feedback
63 (100%)
From now until further notice all preplayed PS2,XBOX and GC titles are 3.99. From the Movie Gallery store I work at I picked up 2 copies of Mercenaries 2 and Guitar Hero 3.

Also if your Movie Gallery has a Game Zone all preplayed Wii, 360 and PS3 games are 25% off. Most of the next gen games that are preplayed in the Game Zone sections come as trade-ins so you can generally find good copies its just that the selection wont be as good as a Gamestop.

Edit by Io - For those with Hollywood Videos around note that this sale applies only to stores that DO NOT have Gamecrazy's attached. Also, it is still highly YMMV at any given store. Some don't participate (manager's discretion) and some are just clueless and think you are talking about the concurrent $3.99 movie deal (which requires 2 rentals and only applies to movies $12.99 and under). I've gone to about 6 stores and have gotten about 4 different versions of the deal. There is a code they can scan that makes all these games come out to $3.99 no matter whether you rent or not and no matter what the original prices are - it is just YMMV whether they can A) Find that code and B) Choose to apply it to the games you want to buy ;).

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, I promise myself that I'm done flipping games. Picked up a PS3 and World at War for 360 with all the credit I made and still have $70 left over.

I'm pretty sure that little d'bag was from Columbus. I went to the only HV in Columbus without a GC last week and the guy working told me that somebody had bought close to $400 dollars in games from them the other day and the receipt was like 10ft long. He said the person told him that they go around to all the stores looking for cheap games to sell on e-bay....so they obviously made a lot of money from it.

[quote name='plastik3000']OK, I promise myself that I'm done flipping games. Picked up a PS3 and World at War for 360 with all the credit I made and still have $70 left over.[/quote]

Same, I spent around $100. And after finding quite a few games for myself, I ended up with about $425. I'm buying a still sealed MGS4 Bundle (with BC) from a friend and will use this credit for games games games! Making sure I have enough leftover to buy the most top-tiered FFXIII they come out with. haha:bouncy:

Cabela Legendary xxxxxx (I don't remember the name, this is all that shows on the trade receipt) for PS2
Base TIV is 11.75 to 16.45 with +40%

Well with the drop of Mercs 2, I am done with this deal (unless it lasts another week and there are more drops on Sunday)

100 cash spent, 520 credit at Gamestop -265 for a wii + 280 cash for wii sold via craigslist this morning, 200 on a 360 and holding onto the rest :)

[quote name='TommyTSquared']Same, I spent around $100. And after finding quite a few games for myself, I ended up with about $425. I'm buying a still sealed MGS4 Bundle (with BC) from a friend and will use this credit for games games games! Making sure I have enough leftover to buy the most top-tiered FFXIII they come out with. haha:bouncy:[/quote]

of all the choices for games i've heard people pre-ordering/buying at GS..FINALLY! someone who makes the right choice! I shall be doing this as well!

[quote name='Capa']Cabela Legendary xxxxxx (I don't remember the name, this is all that shows on the trade receipt) for PS2
Base TIV is 11.75 to 16.45 with +40%[/QUOTE]
Can you give us the SKU? Or either you can call them and ask them what game the SKU refers to.

If I did more eBaying then I'd probably sell the games on there too. Considering most of the Lego Batmans on there are selling for $25 with case and manual just doesn't appeal to selling mine on there for let's say $20 - eBay fees - paypal fees = what? $15? Same as GS. Sucks about Mercs 2 being $8 now. I still have 3 copies left. Still a profit but it's now $20 less. I'll probably hit my 2 converted stores (no last week, yes this week) tonight and 2 GS and see where I'm at with credit.

It's funny, I bought 15 games last night and the girl at the register was like "Want to know how much you would have spent?" Something like $350. I'm thinking.... No I wouldn't have even wanted to spend close to that much.

I really want to find a Lego Indiana Jones

K basically grab any Cabela game from 07 or 08. I'm not sure about the older ones, I will try them next.
other TIVs

YAKUZA PS2- 2.50
Atelier Iris 3-6.75

[quote name='lude21']Picked up some today, also listed GS base TIV
All ps2-

Hot wheels: beat that - $9
Ratchet and Clank: size matters - $10.50
NBA 2k9 - $12.50
Ico - $10.50
Warriors Orochi 2 - $13
Spiderman: FoF - $7.75[/quote]

Had I known how much R&C: Size Matters got before promo, you would've never found that copy. :razz: I'm guessing that they must've converted some games on Sunday at one of the local stores, since I don't recall Warriors Orochi 2 at either store. I know I picked up a copy of the original and it traded for $5.75 .

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Can you give us the SKU? Or either you can call them and ask them what game the SKU refers to.[/quote]

There's only one Cabela's Legendary...

Cabela's Legendary Adventures (PS2) is sold at Gamestop for $25.

[quote name='Animal7390']where are people trading in the games?[/QUOTE]

Living up to your title there or what check the thread, read a few pages back, start at page 1. There are really not a lot of places to trade in anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was going to post that I got $26+ for Mercs 2 last night, but it looks like they updated overnight.

I got decent trade for GC first party games, Mario Superstar Baseball, SSB:Melee, Mario Party7, etc. I assume the Resident Evil GC games will get good trade as well.

what am I doing wrong. Are they letting you guys buy the games that are available to rent with the game vault sticker, or the games that are in cases that have pre-payed price stickers.
I was just at a Hollywood Video and the clerk told me the deal wasn't good for games you could rent, just good on games in cases with a pre-played sticker.
Should I go back later when a new shift starts? Help me.

[quote name='GuardianE']There's only one Cabela's Legendary...

Cabela's Legendary Adventures (PS2) is sold at Gamestop for $25.[/QUOTE]
Damn! Wish I knew about it before. I can swear they had it for sale, but I can't remember. Too many damn Cabela's games out.

[quote name='manthing']$200 worth of stuff? Not me...

At the Dinkytown store, all I got was some older titles the dude missed(SF:AA and SW Jedi Academy)

And I hit the Dinkytown, Uptown(22nd and Hennepin?) and the one by Lake Calhoun.

The Uptown HWV had squat...

Lake Calhoun the Lego Batmans and Mercs 2

I also forgot about the Richfield (54th and Lyndale)store...[/quote]

Well don't bother with 54th and Lyndale (which is still technically MPLS btw) There was nothing when I checked it out Sunday afternoon but I didn't ask about rental conversions happening that day.

So far I've been able to find exactly 1 Fatal Frame from this whole deal...

[quote name='theking20']what am I doing wrong. Are they letting you guys buy the games that are available to rent with the game vault sticker, or the games that are in cases that have pre-payed price stickers.
I was just at a Hollywood Video and the clerk told me the deal wasn't good for games you could rent, just good on games in cases with a pre-played sticker.
Should I go back later when a new shift starts? Help me.[/quote]

Why would it be for rentable games? It's for Used PrePlayed games only.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Damn! Wish I knew about it before. I can swear they had it for sale, but I can't remember. Too many damn Cabela's games out.[/quote]

I know exactly what you mean. I almost convinced myself that I just left a bunch of Cabela's Legendary Adventures, but I don't think I did. I figure I would've noticed the high price tag.

[quote name='Animal7390']is there one post with all the tiv or are they scattered?[/quote]

Wow, you really are a Lazy Ass Gamer. I'll give you this one since you're not delusional about yourself. Check the first page.

I've looked at so many PS2 Lego Batman's in the last few days, I want to vomit...but yet, I can't stop buying them. I just starting trading some of them to BBV, b/c I felt bad about increasing GS's stock so much, and it even gets a $12 TIV there as of yesterday, so that's still almost 4x profit.

[quote name='GuardianE']Wow, you really are a Lazy Ass Gamer. I'll give you this one since you're not delusional about yourself. Check the first page.[/QUOTE]

I checked the first page and there is nothing about trade in values listed on the first page and no im not delusional

[quote name='Animal7390']I checked the first page and there is nothing about trade in values listed on the first page and no im not delusional[/quote]

Check the Gamestop thread 10/20/30.... little effort goes a long way.

[quote name='Animal7390']I checked the first page and there is nothing about trade in values listed on the first page and no im not delusional[/quote]

[quote name='dyeknom']Check the Gamestop thread 10/20/30.... little effort goes a long way.[/quote]

Yeah, whoops. There's where you need to go for the info.

[quote name='Armstrong x360a']Well don't bother with 54th and Lyndale (which is still technically MPLS btw) There was nothing when I checked it out Sunday afternoon but I didn't ask about rental conversions happening that day.

So far I've been able to find exactly 1 Fatal Frame from this whole deal...[/quote]

The rental conversions happened on Monday @ Dinkytown and Lake Calhoun, and I'm not sure if Uptown didn't do them yet or if they were wiped out by someone else

Not the greatest wheeling and/or dealing ever, but I picked up two copies of Lego Batman from HV, kept one to play (shocking!) and traded the other one in to GS to make up part of the $20 I had to pay for Gears 2 after trading in two Wii games (one of which I paid $10 for at Walmart back in August) that were eligible for their trade-two-from-the-list-get-a-selected-new-game-for-$20 deal.

The only downside is that they charged me a $4 refurb fee because the Batman disc was pretty scratched up. Still, with a $13 TIV, minus that $4 and the $4 I paid at HV, I was ahead $5, and in these tough times every little bit helps.

Ok, just got back from the Hollywood Video in Wellington. Some guy in front of me bought about $60 in stuff, looked at what he was getting and it was nothing too good, but I have noticed they finally put up the signs advertising the sale.

What I got was Animal Crossing (There were two boxes, but only 1 disc, so no more AC's there), the last Lego Starwars 2 (Unless they convert more from rental to retail), Test Drive: Eve of Destruction, Cars: Mater-National for my little brother, and I got them to give me my second disk to Xenosaga 3.

They couldn't find the second disk to Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams, so they let me return it, and I also returned GTA:SA and The Thing. What surprised me is they gave me cash and not store credit for the games though.

Also, someone came in and bought all the remaining Lego Batmans, except the 4 some guy called to be held for him.

Got in late with this deal but managed to get Mercs 2 and SW Battlefront II (both for PS2). Should tide me over until after the holidays.

anyone live near Springfield MA, for some reason, the 3 MG that i went too told me that they are not gonna convert any games at all. Does any one know anything about it?

[quote name='manthing']The rental conversions happened on Monday @ Dinkytown and Lake Calhoun, and I'm not sure if Uptown didn't do them yet or if they were wiped out by someone else[/QUOTE]

When did they do the rental conversions Monday? I was there at lunch and I couldn't find Mercs 2 or a Lego Batman.

I just want a copy of those games to actually play, unlike appearantly most of the people buying these games.

[quote name='whiptcracker']When did they do the rental conversions Monday? I was there at lunch and I couldn't find Mercs 2 or a Lego Batman.

I just want a copy of those games to actually play, unlike appearantly most of the people buying these games.[/quote]

From what the guy at the Dinkytown store said, someone had come in early Monday and bought $200 worth of stuff (and was going to all the others too) so I'm guessing that any rental conversions were cleared by the damn SDer who won't show his face! ;) It seems we all made it in later that day to pick through his leftovers.

[quote name='whiptcracker']When did they do the rental conversions Monday? I was there at lunch and I couldn't find Mercs 2 or a Lego Batman.

I just want a copy of those games to actually play, unlike appearantly most of the people buying these games.[/quote]

I dunno. I got to Dinkytown @ 5:15 PM, Uptown @ 6:30 and Calhoun @ 7.

And I didn't trade in all of the games I bought...

[quote name='Armstrong x360a']From what the guy at the Dinkytown store said, someone had come in early Monday and bought $200 worth of stuff (and was going to all the others too) so I'm guessing that any rental conversions were cleared by the damn SDer who won't show his face! ;) It seems we all made it in later that day to pick through his leftovers.[/quote]

Well, he must've just taken new stuff, as there was plenty of older gems @ Dinkytownwhen I was there, and there was a copy of SW:BF2 and Lego Batman behind the counter when I got there last night.

And even then, he didn't do a good job if I was able to get the Lego Batmans and Mercs2 at calhoun

No go at my local Movie Gallery. They had the $3.99 signage and everything, but when I tried to buy a copy of Pikmin 2 it rang up $14.99, and the girl checked and said that the games were only $3.99 if you rented two movies.

Sucks too, since Pikmin 2 is still pretty rare, last I checked. Thought about picking up Dirge of Cerberus as well, even if it's apparently awful.

well finally my HWV acknowledge this deal. Here are what I got and their TIV after 30%+10% bonus:
Madden NFL 09 (PS2) $28.00
Lego Batman (PS2) $18.20
Mario Kart DD (GC) $14.70
Baldur's Gate 2 (PS2) $23.45
Wall-E (PS2) $9.45 >=( WTF!!!!! I thought this game get more TIV

Total spent: $21.30
Total GS Credit: $93.80 (Coulda Been $100 if wasn't for that stupid wall-e >..< . Going to another HWV tomorrow about 12miles away to check out their selections. I wanted SSBM (GC) to play but they didn't have it here.

[quote name='Armstrong x360a']From what the guy at the Dinkytown store said, someone had come in early Monday and bought $200 worth of stuff (and was going to all the others too) so I'm guessing that any rental conversions were cleared by the damn SDer who won't show his face! ;) It seems we all made it in later that day to pick through his leftovers.[/QUOTE]

Ha! I still picked up a few things at least.

bah, my hwv got hit hard
only manage to snag a few copies of
mx vs atv: untamed
wwe smackdown vs raw
and a guitar hero III
bought a mess of other games gambling on some of them
so it didn't turn out that bad, but no where near the 4x or 6x ratio you guys are getting
i am at about only 2x which i don't feel that bad about
picked up gow2

I hit two Movie Galleries and one HWV. Nothing worth picking up. Pretty much nothing buy '02-'06 sports games. I was bummed out.

$9.45 for Wall-E isn't bad at all considering it's $20 new. I thought the game was supposed to suck?

This is an interesting thread to follow. It's good to see people scoring big, even better if you're not in my area. The thread on SD is lame. It mentions here, pointing everyone to the GS TIV.

*edit*
David check my post a couple pages back (here or the GS one). Basically no because if you don't have case or manual, you won't get the going rate of $25. That minus eBay fees and paypal fees, you're at the same amount as what GS would give you.

I had a hell of a time today trading in the games from the HWV sale. One game(Power Rangers Super Legends) was SO scratched up that GS hit me with a refurb fee. Then, they ended up 'missing' Stubbs The Zombie, but took it in. I'm glad I checked the receipt before I left the mall.

So, after they corrected it all, I had $90.65 coming in credit, from $29 something spent @ HWV.

Some games that you wouldn't think twice about getting because they seem so generic actually have tolerable trade values @ GS. For example, I picked up Ferrari Challenge for the PS2 today. It gets $6.50 before bonuses and $9.10 after.

Here's the TIV's I got....what's funniest is that the original Mercenaries for PS2 gets MORE than the sequel now($9 vs $8 for Mercs 2).

Here's the TIV's though, before and (after) Edge+ promo:

Stubbs The Zombie(Xbox)-$6.75($9.45)
Nights(Wii)-$5.75($8.05)
Cabela's Legendary Adventures(PS2)-$11.75($16.45)
Family Guy(Xbox)-$3.50($4.90)
Hot Wheels: Beat That(PS2)-$9.00($12.60)
Mercenaries(PS2)-$9.00($12.60)
Ferrari Challenge(PS2)-$6.50($9.10)
Star Fox Assault(GC)-$6.75($9.45)
Power Rangers Super Legend(s)(PS2)-$5.75($8.05)

Total TIV-$90.65
Total spent(@Hollywood Video's $4 sale)-$29 and change...
Total current balance on Edge card: $304.91
Getting one over on Gamestop for once: priceless

[quote name='sadunk']$9.45 for Wall-E isn't bad at all considering it's $20 new. I thought the game was supposed to suck?

This is an interesting thread to follow. It's good to see people scoring big, even better if you're not in my area. The thread on SD is lame. It mentions here, pointing everyone to the GS TIV.[/QUOTE]

Those SD bastards - leeching off our precious GS thread! :lol:

As for Wall-E, I played the 360 version and I would say it is definitely better than the reviews would suggest. My kids were messing around with one of the PS2 copies I had the other day and they actually seemed to like it quite a bit (and it is pretty much a completely different game from the 360 one). If they didn't have a ton of other games they have yet to get to (thanks to CAG) I'd keep it for them.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
Some games that you wouldn't think twice about getting because they seem so generic actually have tolerable trade values @ GS. For example, I picked up Ferrari Challenge for the PS2 today. It gets $6.50 before bonuses and $9.10 after.

Stubbs The Zombie(Xbox)-$6.75($9.45)
Ferrari Challenge(PS2)-$6.50($9.10)[/QUOTE]

Nice, those are a couple of new ones as far as I'm concerned - and I know I saw Stubbs at one store (I think my local one even).

I was all set hit an outlying Hollywood today but the damn family got in the way ;). Oh well, maybe tomorrow.

couldn't find much at my Hollywood video, madden 09, star wars, spiderman were all gone but found games like zelda, hot wheels, mario party and traded it in.
spent like $20 in hollywood and got $65 at Gamestop. Left for dead is mine.

[quote name='Robo']No go at my local Movie Gallery. They had the $3.99 signage and everything, but when I tried to buy a copy of Pikmin 2 it rang up $14.99, and the girl checked and said that the games were only $3.99 if you rented two movies.

Sucks too, since Pikmin 2 is still pretty rare, last I checked. Thought about picking up Dirge of Cerberus as well, even if it's apparently awful.[/quote]

:wall: It's painful to watch. She's either ignorant or lied to you. If the Movie Gallery is close, I'd go back and tell her to check her promos/call the manager/district manager.

Something about reading your post really got me in a fix about how some CAGs are being pushed over by lying employees.

[quote name='sadunk']
*edit*
David check my post a couple pages back (here or the GS one). Basically no because if you don't have case or manual, you won't get the going rate of $25. That minus eBay fees and paypal fees, you're at the same amount as what GS would give you.[/quote]

Well, I'm not going to lie. All my 3 lego batman are in mint condition. Although, they are in HV cases, its in mint condition. As for the manuals, I got all manuals and they're practically mint as well. Smells fresh, just like when you open the game. heh. Disk has barely any scratches.

:ps2: NBA2K9 - $12.50 base

Merc 2 got $18.75 at one store and $8 at the 2nd today (30 miles apart) so there might still be a chance for some others to dump Merc2 today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back