My Coke Rewards is dead, long live Coke Rewards. Or not.

[quote name='guinaevere']It also depletes the calcium in your bones and teeth. Which is a big problem for women. ...not the teeth so much, but the bones.[/quote]

And, if the experience of a friend of mine is true, diet sodas can cause kidney stones.

So, anyone have any luck with winning the $100 gift card? I read on the SD forum that someone said they got 2 within 10 minutes. I found that suspect until I tried on my account and on my 3rd try won a $100 card myself.
Unfortunately, this led to some false optimism on my side, and now 80 odd tries later (4 accounts for my family), I haven't been able to replicate my initial jackpot...
Anyway, So far I've bought 3 $25 gift cards (and have an account that 'could' buy one more if that deal ever comes back), that plus the $100 gift card has made for a sweet haul so far. :)

[quote name='Chitown021']Looks like the free Coke Zero's are back...

I ordered four the other day and now it tells me I can't order anymore.[/quote]

Thanks, I just saw that and ordered one under both our accounts as well. :)

I decided to try for the $100 dollar giftcard. We have 3 accounts in our family, so I got 30 tries. I did the first 30 at noonish on the 3rd with no luck, then did 20 more on the 4th at 1 PM. Then I decided to wait until past midnight when no one else would be on, and I got one on my third try! I'm probably going to put this toward an iPod Touch....but I'm waiting till september to see if a new one comes out or they increase sizes for a lower price. The rules say you can win twice, so I'm doing the same thing tonight

where do you find the $100 dollar giftcard? i tried a search on the mcr website but nothing came up. is it like a visa card or a giftcard to a website like amazon?

Its not a prize that you buy with points, its an instant win thing. Its found under Sprite Bring Home the Green, and you basically enter a sprite code and can instantly win the $100.

And its not a physical giftcard, its an online visa giftcard. Its still really awesome :)

[quote name='darkliger']ah ok, thanks for the info. i dont drink sprite but ill buy some 20oz and have my nephew drink 'em instead, lol[/QUOTE]

You don't need to drink/buy anything.
Login
Click the 'Sprtie Bring Home the Green' graphic on the right
click 'learn more about the instant win game'
click 'skip'
click 'official rules'
scroll down to 5.a.2 "Alternate method of Entry". Clcik on the 'Click Here' link.
Voila, follow the submission steps, then wash rinse repeat....

[quote name='skipdutch']You don't need to drink/buy anything.
Login
Click the 'Sprtie Bring Home the Green' graphic on the right
click 'learn more about the instant win game'
click 'skip'
click 'official rules'
scroll down to 5.a.2 "Alternate method of Entry". Clcik on the 'Click Here' link.
Voila, follow the submission steps, then wash rinse repeat....[/quote]

Thanks for this. I just entered three times and got sick and tired of it. I really hate sites like MCR. HTML sites use less bandwith and look better than Flash sites. I really hate flash sites. They always lag up my computer and load slowly for me. Maybe it's just my fault that I'm running on a 2 year old laptop with only 512 MB ram =/.

So far, the only thing I find even remotely worth redeeming for is the gametap 30 day codes, which I use regularly.

[quote name='moleman']So far, the only thing I find even remotely worth redeeming for is the gametap 30 day codes, which I use regularly.[/QUOTE]

If you own a console, the BlockBuster game rentals are worthwhile. At 114 points, they aren't the steal they were at 80 points, but...

rent one next gen game for 12 days for free (5 day rental plus 7 day 'no late fees' grace period)
Or if you don't mind your credit card getting a hit, rent 1 game for a month for $1.25(after above 12 days, the game is charged to your account, but you have 30 days to return for full refund - $1.25 restocking fee.)

[quote name='skipdutch']If you own a console, the BlockBuster game rentals are worthwhile. At 114 points, they aren't the steal they were at 80 points, but...

rent one next gen game for 12 days for free (5 day rental plus 7 day 'no late fees' grace period)
Or if you don't mind your credit card getting a hit, rent 1 game for a month for $1.25(after above 12 days, the game is charged to your account, but you have 30 days to return for full refund - $1.25 restocking fee.)[/quote]

You guys are freaking lucky that your blockbusters are doing that... Mine has about 10 flyers on the door that say "WE DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE NO LATE FEES PROGRAM." They also don't sell ANY games. No new. Not even used. T.T I still have my $75 giftcard. V_V

[quote name='SuperSonic128']You guys are freaking lucky that your blockbusters are doing that... Mine has about 10 flyers on the door that say "WE DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE NO LATE FEES PROGRAM." They also don't sell ANY games. No new. Not even used. T.T I still have my $75 giftcard. V_V[/quote]

That's probably a franchise location. Corporate locations all participate in the no late fees program.

Just out of curosity, with that free entry link, just what does the site show if you "win" the instant win game?

I ask because I one time got the red "entry recived" box with nothing in it(not surprised, this is not the first time this has happened, and I SOO HATE FLASH!), nor does anything shows in my profile's history.

Edit: And what I mean by no show is that even the '0' points thing doesn't show in my status/sweeps history/points history, and only '0' point entry/redeem I can find is Aug 07 for that free 2 liter...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Snarky']Just out of curosity, with that free entry link, just what does the site show if you "win" the instant win game?

I ask because I one time got the red "entry recived" box with nothing in it(not surprised, this is not the first time this has happened, and I SOO HATE FLASH!), nor does anything shows in my profile's history.

Edit: And what I mean by no show is that even the '0' points thing doesn't show in my status/sweeps history/points history, and only '0' point entry/redeem I can find is Aug 07 for that free 2 liter...[/QUOTE]

my recollection is that it is green, but gives you the link and code (just like if you bought the $25 gift card).
Actually, I need to quit doing the data entry when I'm tired, because I start to nod off and start to think I'll close a winning screen and be outa luck...

Hey everyone, i just recently joined this site, and have been browsing for just a few days, but i wanted to tell you all that the instant win thing is awesome. I won the $100 2x in my 10 guesses tonight. Now to figure out how to spend my newfound wealth ;) Thanks again guys!

[quote name='icysoul556']Hey everyone, i just recently joined this site, and have been browsing for just a few days, but i wanted to tell you all that the instant win thing is awesome. I won the $100 2x in my 10 guesses tonight. Now to figure out how to spend my newfound wealth ;) Thanks again guys![/QUOTE]

Bastard ;). I entered 30 times last night and 30 times tonight (3 accounts - one for me, my wife, and my daughter) around the same time (just finished) and got squat.

Eh tried it in Opera(set to allow popups from site, turned off popup blocking in quick prefs, no ad-blocking junk, etc), it happened again, and something yet again must be up on their end if even the 0 point items(lame wallpapers, the widget, etc) are turning up a blank "you are done, follow these instructions" page.

I'm not ever sure that, although it got my address, even the free Coke Zero gave the same thing & nothing showed up in my account's history(which was odd as last year the zero point, free 2 liter did show up in rewards status).

Oh well, even if it is a screw-up on their end, from time to time I'll just keep trying the 0 point items to check and see if they fixed it....

EDIT: Hmm, going to it directly from the rewards and sweeps tag doesn't seem to have this problem. Reminds me of one programing class I had where there were two ways to go about having the program do the same action, but only one way worked while the other had a bug.

[quote name='Snarky']Eh tried it in Opera(set to allow popups from site, turned off popup blocking in quick prefs, no ad-blocking junk, etc), it happened again, and something yet again must be up on their end if even the 0 point items(lame wallpapers, the widget, etc) are turning up a blank "you are done, follow these instructions" page.

I'm not ever sure that, although it got my address, even the free Coke Zero gave the same thing & nothing showed up in my account's history(which was odd as last year the zero point, free 2 liter did show up in rewards status).

Oh well, even if it is a screw-up on their end, from time to time I'll just keep trying the 0 point items to check and see if they fixed it....

EDIT: Hmm, going to it directly from the rewards and sweeps tag doesn't seem to have this problem. Reminds me of one programing class I had where there were two ways to go about having the program do the same action, but only one way worked while the other had a bug.[/quote]

when i do the instant win game for 0 pts for the $100. there is a little sentence that says that instant win won't work in the opera browsers.
works fine in firefox though

[quote name='darkliger']when i do the instant win game for 0 pts for the $100. there is a little sentence that says that instant win won't work in the opera browsers.
works fine in firefox though[/quote]
Go figure, that was in the FF browser I tried that one time, and I didn't want to bother testing it again back in Opera.

Too bad, I usually use a no-thrills Opera for such sites so I know I'm not killing anything important.

While I am here, and assuming they come back, can you still get the $25 cards if you won $100-to-$200 in the instant win contest(or vice versa)?

omg i noticed it was 11pm(central) so i decided to stick in my third set of 10 for that day and half way through on my 5th try i won the $100, im so happy, now to decide on which game to buy, atm i only have gta4 for the ps3.

can i use that visa e-card and that cag code for free shipping together at gamestop.com? or do i have to convert the visa e-card to something?

(im using firefox via dialup - with no problems so do like me and do the free entry everyday!)(also you can only win twice i think)

*edit*
couple more questions whats the cag free shipping code at gamestop.com and does gamestop.com ship to a po box?

[quote name='darkliger']omg i noticed it was 11pm(central) so i decided to stick in my third set of 10 for that day and half way through on my 5th try i won the $100, im so happy, now to decide on which game to buy, atm i only have gta4 for the ps3.

can i use that visa e-card and that cag code for free shipping together at gamestop.com? or do i have to convert the visa e-card to something?

(im using firefox via dialup - with no problems so do like me and do the free entry everyday!)(also you can only win twice i think)[/quote]

Congrats! (I hope I get tonight...)

[quote name='SuperSonic128']Congrats! (I hope I get tonight...)[/quote]

thanks, i hope you get 1 too! :D

on a side note, can i use that visa e-card to pre-order a game? i wanna pre-order mercenaries 2 at gamestop.com

[quote name='darkliger']thanks, i hope you get 1 too! :D

on a side note, can i use that visa e-card to pre-order a game? i wanna pre-order mercenaries 2 at gamestop.com[/quote]

I think it can be used at anywhere that accepts visa... So, yea. (Also, no luck tonight.) About what time did you play and win?

Hell yeah! Got one on my 9th try at 1:30 AM Pacific!

I was about ready to go berserk though because I entered the code that popped up on the message and it said it had already been redeemed. I thought maybe it sent it to two people at once and someone else beat me to it. But then the code in the email they sent was completely different and that one worked. Has anyone seen that happen? Very strange. In any case, I'd say this must not be too well known for us CAGs to have so much luck with it. So, the point is, do it as often as you can now because like the Tropicana Rewards thing it will spread around the Internets and become impossible to win within a few weeks I'm sure. This beats the heck out of Tropicana though - I spent hours refreshing that damn thing only to win the occasional 100 MS points (probably once every 100-200 entries) and a handful of game packs (Forza 2/Fuzion Frenzy - probably once every 1000 entries).

So now I have two of these weird virtual Visas (this $100 one plus a $25 one from redeeming points). I'll have to figure out a use for these. I see some other people converted them to Amazon gift cards. That is a possibility, but then I'm limiting their use to Amazon where I don't often shop... I'll have to think about it.

Just like the Tropicana contest, though, I had a feeling I won before it happened because it took a few seconds longer to load the page after I hit submit. So as long as things are running smoothly (as they tend to late at night) that slight pause is the smell of victory - or something like that ;).

congrats. i spent mine at gamestop.com, i used it just like a credit card like supersonic128 said.

i think i got 12cents left,lol

i got:

mercenaries 2 - ps3 - new - preordered
assassin's creed - ps3 - used
batman begins - ps2 - used
reign of fire - ps2 - used

i used 2 promotional codes with it:
SAVER - free shipping on $25+ orders
CAG16 - 16% off on used games & dvds

saved almost $30 bucks

Good job. :p Hope I'm the next lucky CAG tomorrow. xD Btw... Would it be against the rules to make two more accounts from the same IP address on MCR? (One for each parent?)

[quote name='SuperSonic128']Good job. :p Hope I'm the next lucky CAG tomorrow. xD Btw... Would it be against the rules to make two more accounts from the same IP address on MCR? (One for each parent?)[/QUOTE]

I really don't think so. I have the accounts for my wife and daughter. I made them to redeem the "one per account" stuff like the Blockbuster gift cards (though it is nice to have for this Sprite thing too - though, ironically, I won on the 9th attempt on my main account which I use first so it wasn't necessary tonight anyway). They are their accounts and any prizes would get sent to them at the same address - I just do all the work for them ;). I don't think anything says 1 per address or family or any such nonsense like that.

Damnit, I was playing on firefox and I'm pretty sure I won, because I had an "Instant win confirmation" box pop up, only it was all white as if some kind of error occurred with the flash.

I think I'm going to cry :cry:

dont cry dude, just check your email, when i won i didnt have to click anything, the only clickable thing was the return to sprite whatever one.

they send you it to your email. the email contains the code and link

i hope every cagger can win!

crap, everything was fine until gamestop.com decided to change the tax from 6 bucks to 7 bucks, now im 80cents over the amount of e-card.

what do i do? cancel it then take off like teh cheapest item(reign of fire) then resubmit it?

[quote name='darkliger']

i got:

mercenaries 2 - ps3 - new - preordered
assassin's creed - ps3 - used
batman begins - ps2 - used
reign of fire - ps2 - used

i used 2 promotional codes with it:
SAVER - free shipping on $25+ orders
CAG16 - 16% off on used games & dvds

saved almost $30 bucks[/quote]
Congratz. Also you gottta love CAGs, we get handed a $100 and still use coupons.

[quote name='UltimoRey']Congratz. Also you gottta love CAGs, we get handed a $100 and still use coupons.[/quote]

thanks :), also i literally laughed out loud when i read the $100 + coupons, i didnt realize that was funny until some one else said it, guess thats normal for us CAGs, LOL

i was still over 80cents so i put reign of fire back and had my nephew pick another one, (actually 2, madden and crouching tiger, hidden dragon, which both together was still $1 cheaper then reign of fire, lol)

but he's happy and keeps bugging me for us to drive to gamestop and pick them up or do we have to drive to a different one, lol i had to explain that they was coming in the mail, lol

When you guys did your entries, did you wait an amount of time before you put your next one in? I just did 20 entries one after the other with no avail. xD

[quote name='SuperSonic128']When you guys did your entries, did you wait an amount of time before you put your next one in? I just did 20 entries one after the other with no avail. xD[/quote]Well if someone tells you what time to do it at, they may lose their chance at getting the $100
I would try late at night or early in the morning.

This isn't on SD or FW right? (If not lets hope it stays that way.)

bread's done
Back