New EBgames Trade in Deals (UPDATED 9/8/05)

tenzor

CAGiversary!
Trade 5 Games get an extra $5.00 for each game

Trade 4 Games get an extra $4.00 for each game

Trade 3 Games get an extra $3.00 for each game

some titles are excluded from trade in, cannot be combined with any other off or promotion. Valid on PS2/XB/Gamecube/PSP/DS games.

Get $50.00 Trade in Credit when you Trade in 5 PS2/XB/GC games towards NBA Live 2006 XB/GC/PS2 *

Get $50.00 Trade in Credit when you Trade in 5 PS2/XB/GC games towards The Suffering 2 XB/PS2 *

Get 10% more Trade in Credit when you Trade in 1 or more pre-played game towards the pre-purchase of Burnout Revenge XB/PS2 *NO EXCLUSIONS*

Get 25% more Trade in Credit when you Trade in 1 or more pre-played UMD or DVD movie towards the pre-purchase of Final Fantasy Advent Children UMD/DVD *NO EXLCUSIONS/ ONLY VALID ON PRE-PLAYED DVD or UMD

*exclusions apply, cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion.

ADDED 9/8/05 5:30PM PST

Get another 10% more Trade in Credit for each pre-played game when you present your EB EDGE DISCOUNT CARD. NOT VALID ON PREVIOUS TRADE INS, NO EXCLUSIONS , **3 DAYS ONLY 9/9 - 9/11*** EXPIRED

Get 10% more Trade in Credit when you Trade in 1 or more pre-played game towards the pre-purchase of 50 Cent Bulletproof XB/PS2 *NO EXCLUSIONS*

It was like $7.xxx at my local TRU. I think this game got reprinted, I noticed the local gamestop carrying new copies for $19.99 and this happened the exact week TRU started their 50% off green tag sale and recieved new shipments of the game.

I got 30 dollars extra for my ps2 plus 3 games, 10 dollars extra for the PS2, and 5 dollars for every 5 games. NFL Street, Fifa 2002, and MOH: Frontline weren't POX. I got $45 extra dollars for the trade in. Here's my receipt:

[quote name='reaver18']I got 30 dollars extra for my ps2 plus 3 games, 10 dollars extra for the PS2, and 5 dollars for every 5 games. NFL Street, Fifa 2002, and MOH: Frontline weren't POX. I got $45 extra dollars for the trade in.[/QUOTE]

Umm...sort of, but you're saying AND for each deal listed.
What you actually got was $10 extra for your PS2 (which ended on 8/28, so you got that as an extra bonus :bouncy: ) and +$5 for each of your 7 PO games. It's strange how they mixed the deals together like that.

if they were all "and", you would have gotten $75 extra for your trade.

EDIT: Dang, you got $25+$5 for God Of War?!? I'm expecting that game to go GH/$20 any week now.:applause:

[quote name='io']Damn, stoned, sorry - I hope these aren't used games you got at GR after I posted that they worked... Though MGS2 was on the list I have (I had used MGS2 for Xbox on Aug 9th - along with the PS2 Pryzm). So far I have been lucky not to get stuck with a single game I bought for EB deals. Looks like we need another updated POX list, though as NFL Street for PS2 has gone off, and Pryzm has gone on - who knows what else has moved...

Today I did another 5 games, netting $42 credit for about $23 spent.

Nothing earth-shattering, but an update nonetheless (before bonus):

Xbox Mafia - $2
PS2 Bad Boys - $4 (and my Best Buy just got about 10 more of these shelved - I picked up 3 today before heading in to EB)
PS2 Trivial Pursuit - $3
Xbox Kung-Fu Chaos - $4
GC PPG - $4

Also GC NCAA Football 2005 gets $3 and PS2 Neo Contra gets $4, but I didn't use those as I think I can make better use of them at GR.

I also did the gift receipt return deal on the NASCAR I picked up the other day. I felt sort of bad about that so I put a preorder deposit on Katamari. At least the store that took my return will get a preorder credit (and I will pick it up too!).

Now I need to figure out what to do with my EB credit :D. Thinking of getting Grafitti Kingdom, and saving the rest for DS titles GR doesn't get in (Pac N Roll is one example though I'm holding off on that for now).[/QUOTE]

As a matter of fact they were the GR games, so out of pocket 7$, but I'm going to try and return them. One of the disks has a GR sticker all over it, some stupid security device. I would have never had bought it had I saw the sticker. What idiot at GR thought this up. No collector is going to accept a disk that has been defaced. I had heard about such a device in a GR thread last year, but I had never seen one. God I hope they wised up and discontinued the practice.

traded in the following games

POP Warrior Within 12
MK Deception 12
Crash Bandicoot Wrath of Cortex 8
Super Mario Sunshine 11
Megaman Anniversary Collection 10

Total Came to $ 53, preordered MK Shaolin Monks

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']When does this deal end? Hope it's still going on Tuesday since that's the soonest I can get to EB.[/QUOTE]

October 1st, I think.

Hmm...

I might have to grab NBA Live '06.

...Maybe.

Ooh, I could get NBA Live '06, and try to cancel it and get Lost in Blue.

[quote name='JamesM4321']Use a blow dryer and the sticker will come right off...[/QUOTE]

I doubt it, the sticker covers the entire cd, its see thru with two metal strips running alongs it (RFID tags I guess)

Traded in the following today (Prices incude $5 bump):
Demon Stone - $9
Kung Fu Chaos - $9
Mech Assault 2 - $9
Project Gotham 2 - $8
Romance of the 3 Kingdoms VII - $7
Lego Star Wars - $22

Traded the following towards Zelda:
Rainbow Six 3 - $10
Midway Arcade Treasures - $10
NCAA/Top Spin - $10

The sad thing was that 3/4 of these games were still sealed. I just knew that I would probably never get to them so I traded them in.

Does anyone have any idea when Gamespot will be doing their +$10 for 5 or more games deal again? I know Gamespot does not have very good deals, but they didn't have an exclusion list and EB does for this offer. Should I just trade in now or wait for a better deal. Just curious, thanks for any advice.

[quote name='io']
I traded the following 7 games for $60 credit (cash cost of these games was about $35). Prices are without the bonus applied:

GC Fairly Oddparents SS: $6
GC Powerpuff Girls RR: $4
GC Mortal Kombat DA: $3
PS2 R-Type Final: $3
PS2 Trivial Pursuit: $3
Xbox Kung Fu Chaos: $4
Xbox Mafia: $2
[/QUOTE]

where did you buy these games for a cash amount of 35dollars? GR with the buy 2 get 1 free?

[quote name='io']
I traded the following 7 games for $60 credit (cash cost of these games was about $35). Prices are without the bonus applied:

Xbox Mafia: $2
[/QUOTE]

where did you buy these games for a cash amount of 35dollars? GR with the buy 2 get 1 free?

[quote name='swetooth9']

[quote name='io']
Originally Posted by io

Xbox Mafia: $2[/quote]

where did you buy these games for a cash amount of 35dollars? GR with the buy 2 get 1 free?[/QUOTE]

Actually, no. I try to get games at GR, but they have very little left at $6.99 that qualifies at EB.

They were all brand new games. I got the Fairly Oddparents game at Target clearanced for $5. The rest all came from Toys R Us. They were all $5 except for Mafia which I got for $2.24. Thus about $35 with tax on some of the TRU items.

[quote name='io']Actually, no. I try to get games at GR, but they have very little left at $6.99 that qualifies at EB.

They were all brand new games. I got the Fairly Oddparents game at Target clearanced for $5. The rest all came from Toys R Us. They were all $5 except for Mafia which I got for $2.24. Thus about $35 with tax on some of the TRU items.[/QUOTE]

thanks...i think my TRU doesnt do the green tag or something b/c they are all marked pretty high...or do they have to scan it first for the discount?

[quote name='swetooth9']thanks...i think my TRU doesnt do the green tag or something b/c they are all marked pretty high...or do they have to scan it first for the discount?[/QUOTE]

Have them scan it - if it says "$9.99 PROMO" on the register display then it is REALLY $4.99.

What's the base trade in value for a GBA SP? They have a +$5 deal for the unit or +$15 for the unit and any 3 games, but I want to know what that's on top of.

Today (9/5), traded, before $5 bonus:

PS2 Neo Contra: $4
PS2 Bad Boys: $4
PS2 Atari Anthology: $4
Xbox Kung-Fu Chaos: $4
GC Fairly Oddparents Shadow Showdown: $6
and my last Powerpuff Girls Relish Rampage: $4

Got $56 credit for $31 spent.

Was quoted $10 for GC FIFA Street, which I just picked up for $9.98 from Target. I can get $19.69 for that at Gamerush though. Interestingly enough, Atari Anthology was only $3 at GR - so a much better deal at EB on that one.
Was also quoted $2 for PS2 Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance.

Added two new Trade in deals to the main post

4.) Get 10% more Trade in Credit when you Trade in 1 or more pre-played game towards the pre-purchase of Burnout Revenge XB/PS2 *NO EXCLUSIONS*

5.) Get 25% more Trade in Credit when you Trade in 1 or more pre-played UMD or DVD movie towards the pre-purchase of Final Fantasy Advent Children UMD/DVD *NO EXLCUSIONS/ ONLY VALID ON PRE-PLAYED DVD or UMD

I dumped some clutter off earlier today and recieved the following trade-in values:

Kya: Dark Lineage: 1+5 = $6

Atari Anthology: 4+5 = $9

Tony Hawk Underground: 2+5 = $7

RoadKill: 2+5 = $7

Virtual Pool Tournament: 5+5 = $10

Total: 39 dollars

Not a bad haul on some cheap and mediocre games that were just taking up valuable space.

[quote name='tenzor']Added two new Trade in deals to the main post

4.) Get 10% more Trade in Credit when you Trade in 1 or more pre-played game towards the pre-purchase of Burnout Revenge XB/PS2 *NO EXCLUSIONS*

5.) Get 25% more Trade in Credit when you Trade in 1 or more pre-played UMD or DVD movie towards the pre-purchase of Final Fantasy Advent Children UMD/DVD *NO EXLCUSIONS/ ONLY VALID ON PRE-PLAYED DVD or UMD

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update tenzor! But, man, I really wish they were doing a trade 4 or 5 for Burnout Revenge deal instead of this. It's great that there are no exclusions, but, seriously, getting an extra 10% on your $.50 POX trade-in really isn't all that special :D. In fact, I fail to see how this deal is better in any way than the extra $5 deal - the most you'll get out of the 10% on recent release is about $3, right? And since any game like that will certainly be PO, you might as well go for the $5. I guess this deal is for someone that has only one or two games to trade in since it is better than no bonus.

The second deal sounds better on paper, though I personally have no interest in the Final Fantasy movie :D.

[quote name='io']Thanks for the update tenzor! But, man, I really wish they were doing a trade 4 or 5 for Burnout Revenge deal instead of this. It's great that there are no exclusions, but, seriously, getting an extra 10% on your $.50 POX trade-in really isn't all that special :D. In fact, I fail to see how this deal is better in any way than the extra $5 deal - the most you'll get out of the 10% on recent release is about $3, right? And since any game like that will certainly be PO, you might as well go for the $5. I guess this deal is for someone that has only one or two games to trade in since it is better than no bonus.

The second deal sounds better on paper, though I personally have no interest in the Final Fantasy movie :D.[/QUOTE]

yeah the Burnout deal sucks, but maybe someone has some POX games they were going to trade in anyway towards Burnout Revenge. At least they can get a little more ;). Also there is suppose to be a new EB sale starting this month (9/16), if I get the flyer early I will post the deal this weekend. Hopefully there will be some more trade in deals there.

[quote name='tenzor']1.)
Trade 5 Games get an extra $5.00 for each game

[/b][/QUOTE]

I've been waiting for a deal like this to build up a little credit in prep for the 360 launch. Thanks for the heads up.

-M

[quote name='myjester2112']Does EB take games without manuals or without inserts like Gamespot does?[/QUOTE]

gamespot does not take games, they are a website. gamestop, however, does; EB will also take them, though theoretically they will not work for these promotions, and you get 10% less on your trade-in. all depends on the clerk (and more specifically, how you approach them - i speak from experience).

[quote name='io']Today (9/5), traded, before $5 bonus:

PS2 Neo Contra: $4
PS2 Bad Boys: $4
PS2 Atari Anthology: $4
Xbox Kung-Fu Chaos: $4
GC Fairly Oddparents Shadow Showdown: $6
and my last Powerpuff Girls Relish Rampage: $4

Got $56 credit for $31 spent.

Was quoted $10 for GC FIFA Street, which I just picked up for $9.98 from Target. I can get $19.69 for that at Gamerush though. Interestingly enough, Atari Anthology was only $3 at GR - so a much better deal at EB on that one.
Was also quoted $2 for PS2 Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance.[/QUOTE]

Did we ever establish if the +5 trade deal uses the full exclusion list ?

[quote name='stoned99']Did we ever establish if the +5 trade deal uses the full exclusion list ?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I'm pretty sure it does. The other day, I had one POX rung up with all the rest and it was still $1 after all the others were bumped up $5.

[quote name='io']Yes, I'm pretty sure it does. The other day, I had one POX rung up with all the rest and it was still $1 after all the others were bumped up $5.[/QUOTE]

Bummer!! Thanks

Well Hitman 2 is on the POX thread list by vietgurl. I for one want to trade in that game but wonder if EB going to take it. Anyone have any idea?

Earlier this week traded:

-GBA: SP Sys
-4 GBA games( AW2, KoF EX2, Metroid, Golden Sun)
-XBOX Sys
-8 XBOX games( Forza, PD:Orta, Riddik, NBA Street 3, GGX2, Fable, WW11:8, Ninja Gaiden,)
-Accessories ( 2 controllers, Adv Pack, DVD Remote)

Total: $273.00

Good deal?

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']this weekend only, edge card holders get an extra 10% on all trades, no exclusions, just like the burnout deal[/QUOTE]

+ the 5 dollar deal...that's great :)

ADDED 9/8/05 5:30PM PST

6.) Get another 10% more Trade in Credit for each pre-played game when you present your EB EDGE DISCOUNT CARD. NOT VALID ON PREVIOUS TRADE INS, NO EXCLUSIONS, **3 DAYS ONLY 9/9 - 9/11***
--->
You should be able to combine this with the other trade in deal

7.) Get 10% more Trade in Credit when you Trade in 1 or more pre-played game towards the pre-purchase of 50 Cent Bulletproof XB/PS2 *NO EXCLUSIONS*

I went in and traded in 9 games for $75 store credit. The list includes the $5

PS2
Psi-Ops - $8
Arc the Lad:Twilight of the Spirits - $6
Project Snowblind - $9
Chaos Legion - $7
Ratchet & Clank:Going Commando - $11
Spy Hunter 2 - $8
Mega Man X7 - $9
Castlevania:Lament of Innocence - $9

GC
True Crime:Streets of LA - $8

Not too shabby considering I didn't pay all that much for these games to begin with. A number of them I got more for than I paid (Chaos Legion, Spy Hunter 2, and Mega Man X7 I got at the $5 CC sale way back when, Arc the Lad I got for $2 from the Overstock deal).

[quote name='tenzor']Get 10% more Trade in Credit when you Trade in 1 or more pre-played game towards the pre-purchase of 50 Cent Bulletproof XB/PS2 *NO EXCLUSIONS*[/QUOTE]

So, is EB pretty much done with the "trade in 5, get free, ever since the recently realized credit-flipping antics with the Nascar deal, or do they only do that on very rare occasions for really popular and/or craptacular games?

I would have loved to get Ultimate Spider-man for PO 5 trades.

Here's how my EB visit went:
NBA Street 3 - $5 (bought for $1)
Lego Star Wars - $17 (bought for $20)
Jade Empire LE - $10 (bought for $50, shouldn't have)
ESPN NFL 2K5 - $1 (bought for $1)
Xbox System - $75 (bought for about $125)

Total - $108 + $30 trade-in bonus = $138

Not a bad deal really.

[quote name='Slaylock']Here's how my EB visit went:
NBA Street 3 - $5 (bought for $1)
Lego Star Wars - $17 (bought for $20)
Jade Empire LE - $10 (bought for $50, shouldn't have)
ESPN NFL 2K5 - $1 (bought for $1)
Xbox System - $75 (bought for about $125)

Total - $108 + $30 trade-in bonus = $138

Not a bad deal really.[/QUOTE]

where did you buy nba street 3 for 1 dollar? it came out like 6 months ago or less..

[quote name='swetooth9']where did you buy nba street 3 for 1 dollar? it came out like 6 months ago or less..[/QUOTE]

For some crazy reason, a place called Movie Trading Company was selling NBA Street V3 (as well as NFL 2K5) for $0.99. It didn't last long though.

Traded in a bunch of old xbox games for R6:Lockdown and NHL2k6 today. Heres what i got with the extra $5 added

SB:Line of Contact $6.10 (Since online play is being stopped no reason to have it)
Rainbow 6 $6.10
Amped 2 $7.20
Outrun 2 $8.30
Trivial Pursuit $8.30
World Champ Poker $10.50
Burnout 3 $12.70 (Revenge next week)
GR2 $11.60 (No need with SS out)

Total $70.80. Not a bad deal with the $5 extra. Otherwise i would have just kept em.

Next week Im going to unload most of the old stuff i have to reserve 360 games.

My first CAG deal.

With the $5

PS2
Chaos Legion $7.30
Rising Sun $9.40
Manhunt $7.20
Kill.Switch $8.30

GC
Beyblade $7.20
LOTR: Return $9.40

Xbox
NCAA/Top Spin $6.10

Xbox ESPN 2k5 = $3.10
- they didn't bother to tell me that it wasn't good for the trade

Walked out with an EDGE card and their last copy of Radiata Stories.

Traded in: (all xbox)
(After $5 bonus)
Fuzion Frenzy-$9
Ghost Recon 2-$11
ESPN NBA 2k5-$1 (no, i didnt trade it in)
Crimson Skies-$7
Kingdom Under Fire-$12
Links 2004-$8
Total-$47
Ended up losing some very good games, but i need money for 360

My friend also traded in some games (dont remember exact prices):
Rainbow 6 3-$6
GTA: SA-$21.50
Tiger Woods 2005-$21.50
X-Men Legends-$8
PGR 2-$7
Lord of the Rings: 3rd age-$12