NO MORE HEROES Discussion - FS/FT Pure White Giant Glastonbury LE Pink Cartridge

holy crap this game did better than I thought it would...I figured it would average 7's and it would be a "love it or hate it" type game

Looks like it'll be more than a rental for me..

I was originally going to buy this game because it looked awesome. Now after seeing that this game is only the third Wii game to get a 9.0 from gamespot and a 5/5 from x-play. I can't wait to pick this up over the weekend, and I want it even more :D

[quote name='Zen Davis']What the fuck?![/quote]
Is this in response to the unheard of positively good reviews for a third party game on the wii or is this just directed towards TheFreshPrince?

[quote name='Zen Davis']What the fuck?![/quote]

Crazy, huh?

I am so happy I joined the hype wagon before it was cool to suck on NMHs dick.

Of course, by saying that, I have now doomed the game. That or the game would have tanks because it is weird and most Wiiners won't get the concept of the game. I am guessing this will be a love it or hate it game.

[quote name='Foo228']Is this in response to the unheard of positively good reviews for a third party game on the wii or is this just directed towards TheFreshPrince?[/quote]
The unheard of positively good reviews for a third party game on the Wii.

It's like watching a video of Britney Spears and seeing her do something that isn't completely batshit insane.

It's that rare.

I was personally expecting a 6.0 through 6.5 review from Gamespot to be honest with you guys.

This just makes me feel as if Ubisoft paid CNET off. Kind of like if a supermodel came up to me and said that she want to fuck my brains out.

I'd be skeptical and ask her "what's the catch?"

Gamestop's review is higher than IGNs.

I wonder how many frozen margaritas The Devil Who is Called Satan is enjoying right now, and whether or not he has salt on the rim.

[quote name='Strell']Gamestop's review is higher than IGNs.

I wonder how many frozen margaritas The Devil Who is Called Satan is enjoying right now, and whether or not he has salt on the rim.[/quote]Seven, no salt. Also, a couple of pina coladas.

Can't wait to get my copy tomorrow.

I think the sales on this will do relatively well, especially after all the positive reviews. Suda will at least know Americans dig his style.

[quote name='pete5883']What am I seeing about it?[/quote]
That every positive review about Killer7 ignored the gameplay because they could not give it a positive review if they talked more about the gameplay than they did the style.

I am still a little raw with Suda about Killer7. It was just aggressively boring gameplay wise and too damned full of its own mindfuckyness to be entertaining beyond the Ulmeyda scenes. I bought it twice because internets buffoons raved about it endlessly that I just had to try it again.

But, these high reviews for NMH are somewhat surprising. Again, it could be the internets "OH WOW GRAPHICS" effect, considering Killer7 didn't get that much below a 9 at GameSpot... 8.8 was it, but I'll give this a second look. One because I like boss battles, two for the reviews.

[quote name='The Crotch']? Am I thinking of someone else? I recall X-Play giving a lot of inflated scores...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you're thinking of plain ol' regular "Play" -- they gave Overlord a 9, Voodoo Vince a 10, I believe, and on and on ...

Well, unless I'm really unlucky, I should be picking this up after I get my new glasses today (a pair of discount Lennon-esque round ones to replace my now-trendy thick-rimmed emo glasses (I know, you guys were just dying to hear about my glasses, right?)). I've also been talking to my friends and telling them to pick up a copy for themselves or tell their friends. We GOTS ta make this sell well, you guys! We just gots ta!

[quote name='tankexmortis']Well, unless I'm really unlucky, I should be picking this up after I get my new glasses today (a pair of discount Lennon-esque round ones to replace my now-trendy thick-rimmed emo glasses (I know, you guys were just dying to hear about my glasses, right?)). I've also been talking to my friends and telling them to pick up a copy for themselves or tell their friends. We GOTS ta make this sell well, you guys! We just gots ta![/quote]

I'd prefer Zack and Wiki sell well to this. If Suda gets an ego, we might see lots more Killer7s as opposed to more potentially decent games like this. I'd like to be sure it is good before I start running around and tell people to buy it.

Which brings me back to buying it, is there a boss rush, a stage select, or anything that resembles a "refight the previous bosses without having to do tedious stuff in between" option?

The Devil is drinking margaritas!!!
This is a brilliant piece of marketing. I'm reasonably sure I wouldve come to see what the thread was about if I had known nothing about the game upon seeing the title.

nmhpazl5.jpg

[quote name='RollingSkull']I'd prefer Zack and Wiki sell well to this. If Suda gets an ego, we might see lots more Killer7s as opposed to more potentially decent games like this. I'd like to be sure it is good before I start running around and tell people to buy it.

Which brings me back to buying it, is there a boss rush, a stage select, or anything that resembles a "refight the previous bosses without having to do tedious stuff in between" option?[/quote]
Doesn't seem to be. And I'd disagree strongly about Zack & Wiki, it just doesn't come close in terms of originality; it was basically a childish, less clever Sam & Max with waggle. Not that I wish it'd done even worse or anything, I just don't think it represents any kind of positive change in the industry.

[quote name='itachiitachi']Just wondering, has there been any ads for this game? I don't recall seeing any.[/quote]Full page spread in Game Informer, I think, and they're sponsoring IGN Wii. Better than nothing.

[quote name='Zen Davis']In terms of sales, this game is probably going to have the legs of Resident Evil 4.[/QUOTE]
Selling as well as a long-running franchise that has already spawned some movies? Keep dreaming :lol:

Christ! So I've called three Best Buys in my area (I have a gift card and want to take advantage of the 10 bucks off coupon). The first told me they sold out on the 20th (must be bullshit), the second put me on hold and then hung up on me, twice; and the third just isn't answering their phone.

Yeesh, I was the only one who pre-ordered this game at my local Gamestop. I just picked it up, they didn't have any signs or anything for the game. Unlike that DBZ game that came out like two weeks ago, they had ads for that game plastered everywhere.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Read a few reviews and I may pick this up today. It looks very cool. Any CAG impressions?[/quote]

Still waiting on a call from GameStop to pick it up.

Bought this and days of ruin for the ds for 74 after tax.

But Days of ruin is currently being played.. girlfriends still playing zelda ---V

Got a few hours before the game is supposed to be available over here on the xtreme west side of the US, so I'm looking forward to CAG impressions.

Either way, the game looks funny and crazy as shit.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Bought this and days of ruin for the ds for 74 after tax.

But Days of ruin is currently being played.. girlfriends still playing zelda ---V[/quote]If you don't mind answering, how did you score both for 74? I am interested in buying both and 74 is an awesome deal for both.

Wow, congrats NMH, looks like we have a decent game on our hands. Awesome, I'll probably pick this up Friday.

Heads up to be good with Spoilers for a few weeks in this board please!

bread's done
Back