Official NHL 11 CAG Team - CheapyD All Stars - Hockey Nights Tue @ 10e / Fri @ 8e

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='jza1218']Sorry I had to take off so suddenly last night, Bo woke up and was asking for me.[/QUOTE]

No problem, Rob. We really didn't accomplish anything in the wee hours of the morning.

Well, I think we made up for Friday night by what we accomplished last night. For those wondering, our experiment worked. Exactly as it was described with the specific limitations. I'm trying to find some stuff now on people's opinions of the different attributes, and there seems to be a general consensus that speed (and possibly acceleration) is worthless. And that having a 99 in endurance does way more for you as you can just hustle the entire game and keep up with anybody.

I'm just going to post some links for my sources so anybody who wants to do some reading about it can. In a way, it feels dumb to be doing this now, 9 months after the game was released, but I guess it makes us better prepared for NHL 12 in knowing what to watch out for. There is no question that we faced teams who had an unfair advantage.

I also found a really cool "player creator" link. I've seen stuff like this in spreadsheet form, but this is really detailed and allows you to account for your boosts, your player type, and what card you have as well.

http://www.operationsports.com/eashl/index.php?pageid=nhl11playercreator&build=Myw1LDMwLDAsMCw4NSw4NSw5OSw4OSw4NCw2MCw2MCw4MCw3MCw2NSw4NSw5OSw3MCw5OSw1MCw4MCw4MSw4MCw4Miw4MCw2MCw5MCw4MCw4MCw3LDIsOCwyLDE2LDIsMTcsMiwxOCwyLDE4LDEsMTAsMiwwLDIsMSwyLDQsMiw0LDEsMjMsMg%3D%3D

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be down for playoffs.

As far the the athleticism goes, I still feel like they may not do what we expect, but they do something.

As my proof, this is what happened last night:

I played the majority of the boost games with:
85 Accel/Agiltiy
95 Strength
75 Speed
Remaining on Endurance

In the Defensive category, I had 99 Aggressiveness/Checking.

In the last boost game, then the regular games, I changed my player very slightly, upping my speed by 5 points to 80, then the remaining on endurance.

How did it affect my player?
Rather than barely being able to hit Magic/Kaster (there was even that one occasion where I went down to the ice after trying to lay a hit), to injuring Kaster twice in the same game, giving him a face shield each time, and getting 9 and 10 hits in the actual games we played.

So, it may not be an outright effect on Speed/Accel/Agility, but those points do something for our players.

Tough playoff loss last night, though not terribly surprising considering the events of the past few days. Based on the two practice games we played, we didn't seem flat or anything, but we couldn't get anything going in the playoff game. Yeah, I'm sure there were positioning mistakes, but for whatever reason it just felt like we were dominated from the get go. We took a lot of penalties, but I don't think a single one of them was boarding or anything that could really be "avoided". Just the way the calls go sometimes.

It felt like the other team was all over us though, and I think them not getting one penalty just made them even more aggressive. It was like they had nothing to worry about so they just played balls out the entire game. Meanwhile, we were playing a man short and a goal behind. We've beaten better teams than that before though. It just wasn't our night.

On that note, I give you the proper "Garry Gaga".
http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/index.jhtml?videoId=358601&title=lady-gagas-brother-garry-gaga

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Tough playoff loss last night, though not terribly surprising considering the events of the past few days. Based on the two practice games we played, we didn't seem flat or anything, but we couldn't get anything going in the playoff game. Yeah, I'm sure there were positioning mistakes, but for whatever reason it just felt like we were dominated from the get go. We took a lot of penalties, but I don't think a single one of them was boarding or anything that could really be "avoided". Just the way the calls go sometimes.

It felt like the other team was all over us though, and I think them not getting one penalty just made them even more aggressive. It was like they had nothing to worry about so they just played balls out the entire game. Meanwhile, we were playing a man short and a goal behind. We've beaten better teams than that before though. It just wasn't our night.

On that note, I give you the proper "Garry Gaga".
http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/index.jhtml?videoId=358601&title=lady-gagas-brother-garry-gaga[/QUOTE]

It's going to happen sometimes sadly. It was a tough loss to be sure, but it just like it was out of our hands from the word go.

well the wife had 4 job offers all at once and even a somewhat bidding war for her, she starts back to work July 5th and I will get to spend a lot more time (mainly Fridays) playing. Excited about the extra time for NHL 12 more than anything.

Acceleration doesn't seem to do much for me, I couldn't see a difference between 65 and 95. 99 Endurance is ridiculously useful though, to say the least.

There's always a spot to show your skills. Whether or not that becomes a regular team spot is up to you. Some people play more often than others. Some people are more talented than others. What you get out of it depends on what you put in.

June 2011 Stats

We had a total of eight guys who played in June. Not bad for this late in the year.

Also, an announcement not related to hockey, but very important to this team. "The Bed Intruder Song" is now on Rock Band Network! FINALLY!:bouncy:

Well, I play defense and try to contribute to the team. It might not be goals but I do try to set up plays. It depends on your play style and how devoted you are. The same Five guys (my self included) know each other very well and have a gay bond. A special gay bond like Corky Bucheck and Gary Gaga. Anyways, I don't play Thursdays until after 11 because of my REAL hockey league. If I get another goal tonight Nate and the others, I'll be sure to go head first into the goalies Vag. Yes, We play against a female goalie! lol

Edit: Also, just wanted to throw this out there but I think my G/T is just shitty because I'm usually trying to just get it out of the zone if there are people on me. Now if we have a open end of ice in our zone I usually get the pass through 9 out of 10 times.

Also, FINALLY for the Bed Intruder song!

Also, don't worry about not having the attributes that all these guys have. I rejoined the team when I finally picked up NHL 11 early in June. Nobody is gonna tell you that you suck or anything, at worst, they'll tell you if/when you're screwing up and how you can fix it.

[quote name='CAGLeagueSports']June 2011 Stats

We had a total of eight guys who played in June. Not bad for this late in the year.

Also, an announcement not related to hockey, but very important to this team. "The Bed Intruder Song" is now on Rock Band Network! FINALLY!:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Really need to cut down on my offsides. I get caught too often anticipating a play. Also need to do a better job winning faceoffs.

[quote name='KasterDB']Those team play/stats grades are pretty terrible. I feel thoroughly chastised, haha.[/QUOTE]

Actually skater grades include your drop in/private games too, now that I think about it. I don't know that I've ever mentioned that before because usually no one cares about them too much. But the point addresses is that any boosting games you're in where you're on the losing side, your grades will take a beating. Nothing to be too worried with until you're close to the games played minimum for your next card. And really, for you, Kaster, this is just warm up for NHL 12, haha.

And again, giveaways and takeaways also count drop in and boosting games. I don't know if I'm in any position to say this, but Kaster's grades and stats are actually rather impressive for someone who hadn't had much experience with the game and is playing against a bunch of people with legend cards.

So, who's showing up tonight to start the season off?

Well, it's not that Kaster doesn't have much experience. He's just playing with an underpowered skater. And for that, I do think his numbers are pretty impressive. But it's mostly because he plays good positional hockey (especially at LD). He doesn't play too aggressively or get caught going the other way very often. Even with lower stats, it's a great foundation to build from.

So, anybody playing at 8 tonight? I'll be ready for whatever anyone wants to do. If the guys who still need to be boosted back to that A- want to do that, I'll be there to help.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']You know what, Yeah I'll be on tonight Rob. I need to talk to you tonight anyways about the NY plans.[/QUOTE]

Ummm, I was on last night lol. Working tonight.

[quote name='Ltor']I can't be the only one who decided not to go out drinking tonight? Can I?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I wasn't able to play last night. I introduced my wife to "A World For Keflings", and right from there my weekend was booked. Fortunately, we beat it around 2 AM, so I can resume hockey activities tonight. :)

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Sorry, I wasn't able to play last night. I introduced my wife to "A World For Keflings", and right from there my weekend was booked. Fortunately, we beat it around 2 AM, so I can resume hockey activities tonight. :)[/QUOTE]

Ohhh, I was wondering what the hell you were doing playing that. Hopefully your wife didn't read the rude message I sent you. Which was something to the affect of you being a gay homosexual.

At any rate I've been hard at work all week quitting games two minutes in, now all I need is to raise my filthy grades. Then I'll have my legend card and will need a new excuse as to why I always end up on my back.

[quote name='Ltor']and will need a new excuse as to why I always end up on my back.[/QUOTE]

speaking of

[quote name='Ltor']gay homosexual[/QUOTE]

next time you guys are boosting lemme know, wife is working now (yay! says my Xbox controller and bank account)

I'll also be playing Friday.

N8 thinks he's so clever and good at face off's. What a joke.

[quote name='jza1218']Get a room you two.

On another note, I'm 9 away from 1000 points. Should be easy to attain on Thursday.[/QUOTE]

Why what is thursday? Aren't we playing in 3 hours?

[quote name='Ltor']N8 thinks he's so clever and good at face off's. What a joke.

Why what is thursday? Aren't we playing in 3 hours?[/QUOTE]

Yeah but I'm working tonight. Thursday is my next night off.

I might be able to play tonight, I actually see my wife's schedule and she is out at 8 Friday, working til close the rest of the weekend so I'll probably not play this Friday after all since it will be the one time to spend with her.

The next Friday I'll be there though and I also have vacation all that week so I should get some serious time in. (as the game sees it's twilight)

Really pumped for '12

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back